• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
And for the question, Which Rayman character scares you?

When the first Knaaren broke the wall to get you.. omg..

The pirates scared me, a lot..

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And for the question, Which Rayman character scares you?

When the first Knaaren broke the wall to get you.. omg..

The pirates scared me, a lot..
O___o DON'T remind me...that was the worst one....and the pirates were annoying...and I think the Zombie Chickens scared me more because of how they sounded and the music...both in R2 and R3.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
O___o DON'T remind me...that was the worst one....and the pirates were annoying...and I think the Zombie Chickens scared me more because of how they sounded and the music...both in R2 and R3.
.___. Exactly....I hated those damned things from R2 so much...Really, the whole level was really creepy for me, it really was unsettling to play through when I was younger...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Yeah, also those Mini "Janos" that take you and eat you...

AndreaAC

Yeah, also those Mini "Janos" that take you and eat you...
._. Oh, right...I hated when they hide underground and come behind you...but, at least they were "mini" and not GIANTS like the real Jano.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh god.. why did I see this? I didn't remember but now.. wow it's so scary.. (don't open, Mini Janos inside xD)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Seems that I lost some interesting discussion...

I have a question for you, do you have something old of Rayman (I mean his old games, before Origins Legends), what do you have?
I have Rayman 1 for the PS1, Rayman 2 for the DS (I really got to get another version), and Rayman 3 for GCN.
I'd be like:

Other question for you, Which Rayman character scares you?
I'll go with the generic answer and say the Knaarens, the concept of an enemy you can't kill is terrifying.
Imagine being chased by something with this music.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have Rayman 1 for the PS1, Rayman 2 for the DS (I really got to get another version), and Rayman 3 for GCN.

I'll go with the generic answer and say the Knaarens, the concept of an enemy you can't kill is terrifying.
Imagine being chased by something with this music.
Hmm...I think that sounds really fitting for Jano, honestly...

AndreaAC

.w. Meanie...

That honestly sounds suspiciously like Mario....but it still nice, imo.
xD What? I really love the theme of the Cave of Bad Dreams, it's awesome!

and the N64 versions of Riding the Shell makes me laugh for some reason, and when Rayman explodes and the music is playing, EVEN MORE.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
.w. Meanie...

That honestly sounds suspiciously like Mario....but it still nice, imo.
rip in @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
died from night terrors about mini-janos
rip in peace

Anyways, when I get Rayman Arena digitally, I'd love to do some Easter Egg hunting and answer questions (if there are any).
One last thing: If you don't mind, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC , can you draw Rayman in one of those stomper things in Rayman 3?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD What? I really love the theme of the Cave of Bad Dreams, it's awesome!

and the N64 versions of Riding the Shell makes me laugh for some reason, and when Rayman explodes and the music is playing, EVEN MORE.
Yeah, you're right. I love the track, but it's Jano... my nightmares... .w.

And yeah, totally. xD I LOVE that theme, I love riding the shell, despite the controls... Honestly, I'd love that track remixed, even...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Is Rayman 3D a good port of Rayman 2? I really want to play that game again.
No. I don't think it is...The better ports are the Sega Saturn (doubt you'd get this), and like the PS1 version I think... But Revolution isn't too bad, imo. But I think think R3D isn't that well of a port, last time I heard from somewhere...

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
surprised nobody mentioned the single hopping eyes in several of the levels in R2. especially when there was normally no music playing when you encountered one. They just sit there and hop, staring at you. there's even a room full of them.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
surprised nobody mentioned the single hopping eyes in several of the levels in R2. especially when there was normally no music playing when you encountered one. They just sit there and hop, staring at you. there's even a room full of them.
That sounds like the Mini Jano, imo. Unless I'm mistaken...

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Is Rayman 3D a good port of Rayman 2? I really want to play that game again.
I found it to be extremely glitchy and borderline unplayable. I returned it within a week.

That sounds like the Mini Jano, imo. Unless I'm mistaken...
no, it was "Jumping Eyes" (according to RayWiki) and they look like this (they are apparently related to Jano in some way):

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This was honestly the defining moment in Rayman 3 for me, I was already loving what I played, but when this happened, the announcer started talking, and this music played.
I knew this would be one of my favorite games.

Man, I really want to go back to Rayman 3, I should do that.
I got to agree. That moment was one of my favorite moments playing this game. It just came out of nowhere, I legitimately laugh my ass off when it happened. xD

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
This was honestly the defining moment in Rayman 3 for me, I was already loving what I played, but when this happened, the announcer started talking, and this music played.
I knew this would be one of my favorite games.

Man, I really want to go back to Rayman 3, I should do that.
The first time I was in that part I didn't know if there was an announcer talking or it was Rayman.

Top Bottom