• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Knaaren....and yes, they seemed far more dangerous.
Excuuuse me princess for typing really fast...

Good point. The Knaaren are definitely the most intimidating.
... Which just furthers my point even more. :p
But like you two say, the Knaaren are the most intimidating, so the Rabbids shouldn't have been. Was he afraid of them for real, or just tired of the b@stards? That's honestly making me curious...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

But like you two say, the Knaaren are the most intimidating, so the Rabbids shouldn't have been. Was he afraid of them for real, or just tired of the b@stards? That's honestly making me curious...
I will always say he's paranoid of them, nearly driving him insane.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Perhaps the Rabbids were actually Ubisoft reps trying to rebrand the series, and Rayman was trying to run away. :troll:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, Ubi screwed up it's own mascot, but oh well, at least they are separated now.
All because of these companies just focus on just money. The game designers I'm sure are more for making quality games. But the head of these companies screw up everything...and it's sad...

AndreaAC

All because of these companies just focus on just money. The game designers I'm sure are more for making quality games. But the head of these companies screw up everything...and it's sad...
xD Not all game designers make quality games....look at the ones that made Bubsy 3D...and totally, all the companies screw themselves at some point or another.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Not all game designers make quality games....look at the ones that made Bubsy 3D...and totally, all the companies screw themselves at some point or another.
I know that, but they did that to "become the next Mario", they didn't know what they were doing, and just did what they did for fame and fortune. Sadly, they failed miserably, because they didn't know what else could go wrong...

AndreaAC

I know that, but they did that to "become the next Mario", they didn't know what they were doing, and just did what they did for fame and fortune. Sadly, they failed miserably, because they didn't know what else could go wrong...
>_> I think they took Bubsy's phrase too literally..but, that's the creators problem....um...back to Rayman, I guess.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>_> I think they took Bubsy's phrase too literally..but, that's the creators problem....um...back to Rayman, I guess.
Yeah. But still, I think the maker of Rayman said they were doing some projects on there own accord, right? I think that shows that they would like to make something of Rayman without the main focus being about just money. That's just what I assume anyways, money is money, and you do need it to make that games regardless...

AndreaAC

Yeah. But still, I think the maker of Rayman said they were doing some projects on there own accord, right? I think that shows that they would like to make something of Rayman without the main focus being about just money. That's just what I assume anyways, money is money, and you do need it to make that games regardless...
Ancel? I think he did....but a long time ago, so, nothing assures that it would happen, but who knows.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ancel? I think he did....but a long time ago, so, nothing assures that it would happen, but who knows.
Oh. Ok then. Well, I wish the best of luck for Rayman's future game titles. Hopefully, maybe another Rayman 3D game (Rayman 4) could be made after all these years since R3 was made...and well, that one fan made game; Rayman; Revenge of the Dark, the maker want's to publish it through Ubisoft. So if something like that could happen, than maybe we could get another R2 game for those fans out there that really likes that game style. Which I do, so that's good for me.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Seems that I lost some interesting discussion...

I have a question for you, do you have something old of Rayman (I mean his old games, before Origins Legends), what do you have?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I have a question for you, do you have something old of Rayman (I mean his old games, before Origins Legends), which do you have?
I had Rayman 1 on the PC, Revolution on the PS2, and Rayman 3 also on the PS2. Rayman Origins was on the PS3 for me.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

I have a question for you, do you have something old of Rayman (I mean his old games, before Origins Legends), what do you have?
I have Rayman 3 and Rayman Raving Rabbids both on PS2... .-.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I have Rayman 2 for the PSX, the first Rayman for the GBC, Rayman 3 for PS2, Rayman Raving Rabbids for PS2, Rayman 10th anniversary collection for PC and Rayman Origins for PC.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

<_< I think the only thing I have is R3 for the GC. R2 on PC.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I still have the original Rayman (first game I ever owned), Revolution (I'm not sure what happened to my original TGE), and R3.

I had Arena, Rayman GBC, and other stuff but that all got lost to the ages.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I have a physical copy of Rayman 1 for the PS1, Rayman 2 for the DS, and Rayman Arena for the PS2, but that's about it when it comes to hard copies. I downloaded Rayman 3 HD to my PS3.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I also somehow forgot to mention Rayman Arena, which was also on the PS2 for me. I never acually had any Rayman games on Nintendo consoles. ...Well, except for one Rabbids game...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

I have Rayman Advance and Rayman 3 on GameCube. :\/

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I have the instruction manual and case for Rayman M (lost the damned disc). I also had a physical copy of Rayman Origins which I gave to my smaller cousin. On top of that, I also have the disc for Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party. Unfortunately, me losing the Wii Fitness Board resulted in it being basically being unplayable for me.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
You guys should've seen how Rayman 3 ran on my dad's PC when I actually had a physical copy of it! All of the textures were completely nonexistent!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
You guys should've seen how Rayman 3 ran on my dad's PC when I actually had a physical copy of it! All of the textures were completely nonexistent!
One day I got a Rayman 2 PC Disc from Cereals (strange, isn't it?), the first Time I installed it, Rayman was completely black, with no textures, this freaked me out and scared me (I was younger).

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I've been planning on buying Rayman M again, but I don't know if it's really worth it.
EDIT: Nevermind, Sony's selling a downloadable copy for $10, buying it.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
One day I got a Rayman 2 PC Disc from Cereals (strange, isn't it?), the first Time I installed it, Rayman was completely black, with no textures, this freaked me out and scared me (I was younger).
xD Oh gawd, that's creepy! >.> Just imagine what what happened if that happened during the chase from Jano... .__.

I've been planning on buying Rayman M again, but I don't know if it's really worth it.
If you enjoyed it, you should. It's a classic game, something I'd personally like to have for myself, imo.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

o__O game discs from cereals? wow, I never heard of something like that....xD And you know, you could have used it to make one of those wierd "Creepy Pasta" stories with that dark Rayman.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm kinda glad it hasn't...for meme reasons...but then again, Dark Rayman does exist...

.__. Did you really need to ask?.... It's Jano....and the Knaaren.
Haha, I knew it, but wanted to know what think the others xD. Btw, what do the Knaarens say in English? I remember his phrases in spanish and they were so shocking..!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Haha, I knew it, but wanted to know what think the others xD. Btw, what do the Knaarens say in English? I remember his phrases in spanish and they were so shocking..!
"Brains...Fresh Brains..."

"Stick bamboo under his nails..."

...They were kinda silly, but they sounded a bit scary as well just from the voices...

AndreaAC

Well, ones that I remember where:

"Brain, fresh brain."

"Take off his flesh."

"Meat would taste better with salt."

I'm not sure if those were exactly the phrases...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, ones that I remember where:

"Brain, fresh brain."

"Take off his flesh."

"Meat would taste better with salt."

I'm not sure if those were exactly the phrases...
I meant to add in those. I think it's "Tear off his flesh!" and the last one there I can't hear that clearly to know myself. xD

But yeah, they sound very corny at the same time mincing... at least to me.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I meant to add in those. I think it's "Tear off his flesh!" and the last one there I can't hear that clearly to know myself. xD

But yeah, they sound very corny at the same time mincing... at least to me.
xD I don't want to get through all the level just to try to hear that...NOPE NOPE. .__.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Knarren looked and sounded too goofy to me to come off as scary. The only really "scary" aspect was that you couldn't kill them and they would corner you. "My dad can beat up your dad." It's probably just that Rayman's normal fists weren't enough.

Top Bottom