• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Did you see this?

A guy made the Rayman's moveset with pictures, it's really cool, don't you think?
xD I love it. Haha, this person did a great job with the ideas for moveset potential. xD I love that one of the victories is the Teensies dance from Rayman 2. xD And the down taunt is the scare idle from Rayman 1 from boss battle too! Haha xD This is really great! Thanks for sharing pal! :3

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just to add to the whole "second Sonic character" thing.
The way I see it, there are only two real choices Sega has: a second Sonic character or Bayonetta. And after recent events, among other things, Bayonetta's probably not happening (as cool as it would be). If I had the choice I'd pick Tails.
But Rayman better happen first.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Just to add to the whole "second Sonic character" thing.
The way I see it, there are only two real choices Sega has: a second Sonic character or Bayonetta. And after recent events, among other things, Bayonetta's probably not happening (as cool as it would be). If I had the choice I'd pick Tails.
But Rayman better happen first.
I thought first that there was going to be one rep per company, Sonic representing Sega, Megaman Capcom, Pacman Namco, but when that archive of Ryu appeared (another Capcom rep), I don't know what to think now, every company can have more than one rep, or that seems.

AreJay25

I thought first that there was going to be one rep per company, Sonic representing Sega, Megaman Capcom, Pacman Namco, but when that archive of Ryu appeared (another Capcom rep), I don't know what to think now, every company can have more than one rep, or that seems.
Yeah, Ryu makes guessing third party DLC even more difficult now. Luckily for us, it seems that Rayman is among the more popular requests (or at least the ones that are actually plausible).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, Ryu makes guessing third party DLC even more difficult now. Luckily for us, it seems that Rayman appears to be among the more popular requests (or at least the ones that are actually plausible).
Well, since we're on this topic, if 3rd party companies can get more than just one rep, what would be a suitable secondary rep for Ubisoft in your opinion?

If I went with another Rayman character, I'd would like Ly (although thanks to hearing about shipping stuff from that with Peach I don't think I want too ._.) I'd prefer Razorbeard as a villain rep. Although someone like Barbara would happen more than likely because of the design of Ray they'll be going with...

Last edited:

AreJay25

Well, since we're on this topic, if 3rd party companies can get more than just one rep, what would be a suitable secondary rep for Ubisoft in your opinion?

If I went with another Rayman character, I'd would like Ly (although thanks to hearing about shipping stuff from that with Peach I don't think I want too ._.) I'd prefer Razorbeard as a villain rep. Although someone like Barbara would happen more than likely because of the design of Ray they'll be going with...
Ly would be pretty neat, but I think I'd go with Globox. He's pretty much Rayman's Tails at this point. But knowing Ubisoft they'd pick the Rabbids or something.

Er... if it were from another series, someone from Assassin's Creed I guess?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ly would be pretty neat, but I think I'd go with Globox. He's pretty much Rayman's Tails at this point. But knowing Ubisoft they'd pick the Rabbids or something.

Er... if it were from another series, someone from Assassin's Creed I guess?
Ugh, if they choosed the Rabbids.... ._.

And yeah, I can see what you mean. And well, maybe so, since that's like their secondary series and such. If so, I'd want Shao Jun, but Andrea would obviously want Shay.

But it would most likely be Ezio, mostly...

Last edited:

AreJay25

And yeah, I can see what you mean. And well, maybe so, since that's like their secondary series and such. If so, I'd want Shao Jun, but Andrea would obviously want Shay.

Yeah, they'd probably pick Ezio. He's the most popular by far...
and AC2 is the only one I've played

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Rayman is probably the easiest Third Party character to add to the playable cast right now, because Nintendo wouldn't pass through a licensing process; They already have Ubisoft agreement to use the character image... Of course, the terms of for what they will use the character may need to change, but the fact is that already exist a deal.

So.. when the rules of the Ballot were specified to "any video game character", I just got this thinking.. you can ask for Aero The AcroBat, but Nintendo will probably consider that they will need to deal with another company to bring that character.. and from all options, right now, Rayman has already a half way walked.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I was thinking of Ezio being a second rep of Ubisoft, but I'm sure that Ubisoft wouldn't get a second rep.
(Or maybe the Prince of Persia).

By the way, with Rayman, yes, they have 3 trophies in the game and they have Ubisoft's agreement to use his character for that, this facilitates some things. Although this doesn't confirm anything, better wait to see what is Nintendo hiding us.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was thinking of Ezio being a second rep of Ubisoft, but I'm sure that Ubisoft wouldn't get a second rep.
(Or maybe the Prince of Persia).

By the way, with Rayman, yes, they have 3 trophies in the game and they have Ubisoft's agreement to use his character for that, this facilitates some things.
Indeed. Basically, I think it's mostly up to the fanbase to ask for him the most and Nintendo to "tie in any loose ends from Ubi that maybe needed, copyright wise", but he's really the most reasonable 3rd party to happen. Especially if Ryu himself can get considered for a playable character, even...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

>__> Hopefully that wouldn't happen...right? and, well, I like Ezio but I LOVE Shay...and besides, he already was in SoulCalibur V.........<,< I want something new...and I would love to see the outcome of the fight between Shay and Ridley to happen...and have Rayman to team up with him, just because of my project.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It's almost less than 1 month for the E3, I'm very hyped.. We haven't seen any "trailer" of the E3 like the one in 2014 with Reggie Fils-A-Mech. Maybe Nintendo shows us some trailer like that, this month.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>__> Hopefully that wouldn't happen...right? and, well, I like Ezio but I LOVE Shay...and besides, he already was in SoulCalibur V...<,< I want something new...and I would love to see the outcome of the fight between Shay and Ridley to happen...and have Rayman to team up with him, just because of my project.
xD I was honestly thinking the same thing when we brought up the idea of a AC character for a rep. If Rayman was to also become playable with Ezio or some AC character, it would be like your story. xD

AndreaAC

xD I was honestly thinking the same thing when we brought up the idea of a AC character for a rep. If Rayman was to also become playable with Ezio or some AC character, it would be like your story. xD
xD That would be a pretty epic coincidence, honestly!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Rayman is probably the easiest for third party reps at this point. They have the rights to use him as a trophy, so it's not like they don't have Ubisoft's permission to use the character.
For another Sega rep I think it'll either be another Sonic character or NiGHTS (I can't see Bayonetta making it in. Sega couldn't even put her in Sonic and Sega's All Stars Racing Transformed because she would've upped the games rating for ESRB, if she were to gotten in. So if she couldn't get into that I doubt she'd make it into Smash which is a Rated E10 and up rated game).
Namco I think maybe Klonoa or Llyod Iriving I'd prefer Klonoa to be honest, Llyod would just be another sword wielder I don't care if it's two it's nothing.
We arleady know about Capcom Ryu so enough with that. Unless there is some kind of Nintendo vs. Capcom game in the future and that could be why Ryu is here. To help promote for a game that could be in development who knows.

AndreaAC

HOLY.jpg

Rayman: "Oh, Master Shay, I finally found you! What's that thing beside y-....w-wait.....WHAAAAT?! MASTER SHAY, Y-YOU....KILLED THE DRAGON?!"
SHAY RIDLEY.jpg

Shay: "Well, of course, but, why is that you are so "surprised" that I did?"

Rayman: "B-because he was supposedly IMMORTAL! And that only a warrior with some wierd bird race technology could kill him!, and yet...you did it...only with...two Hidden Blades and...a CANE!"

Shay: " Truth is, that he is as weak and predictable as any other animal I have hunted before, that means he only wanted others to believe that, so no one aside from that warrior dared to approach him."

Rayman: "Oh, Polokus...*faints*"

>u> Well, I couldn't resist, I'm an ex-Ridley supporter, so, I felt like doing something different that didn't praised him.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 50487
Rayman: "Oh, Master Shay, I finally found you! What's that thing beside y-....w-wait.....WHAAAAT! MASTER SHAY, Y-YOU....KILLED THE DRAGON?!"View attachment 50488

Rayman: "B-because he was supposedly IMMORTAL! And that only a warrior with some wierd bird race technology could kill him!, an yet...you did it...only with...two Hidden Blades and...a CANE!"

Shay: "Well, truth is, that he is as weak and predictable as any other animal I have hunted before, so, he only wanted others to believe that, so no one aside that warrior dared to approach him."

>u> Well, I couldn't resist, I'm an ex-Ridley supporter, so, I felt like doing something different that didn't praised him.
xD OK, I WASN'T expecting this.... >u> It's hilarious! Great job with Ray's expression Andrea!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As a huge Sonic fan, I personally wouldn't mind a second character, but it is really unnecessary.
That I'm glad to hear. BTW, here's something a friend of mine did on DA.

http://ravingjur1087.deviantart.com/art/Un-official-Vote-for-Rayman-drawing-531342706

@ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft Do you think you could add this to the Facebook page?
I'm at a place where I can't go to DeviantArt, but I will upload it on Friday, I decided to upload fanart that day specifically.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
View attachment 50487
Rayman: "Oh, Master Shay, I finally found you! What's that thing beside y-....w-wait.....WHAAAAT! MASTER SHAY, Y-YOU....KILLED THE DRAGON?!"View attachment 50488

Rayman: "B-because he was supposedly IMMORTAL! And that only a warrior with some wierd bird race technology could kill him!, an yet...you did it...only with...two Hidden Blades and...a CANE!"

Shay: " Truth is, that he is as weak and predictable as any other animal I have hunted before, that means he only wanted others to believe that, so no one aside from that warrior dared to approach him."

That's the first time that not only someone actually gave up on Ridley, but dishonor him as well. Great work, BTW.

AndreaAC

That's the first time that not only someone actually gave up on Ridley, but dishonor him as well. Great work, BTW.
Heh, well, I honestly had my limits of tolerance, and after not caring if he was in or not, still hearing the same redundant "size arguments" and "detractor/anti-detractor" comments, it really got me tired, and as the title I have implies (which now I contradict), I used to praise him and drawing him into a daily basis, like I'm doing with Rayman right now, and I'm honestly having more fun than I used to have before into the Ridley thread.

And well, I still like him, but I don't want to focus back on him unless I feel like it.

And thank you, :3 Glad you liked it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm finally back from school, with another 8 vote forms being passed out. That ups the amount of potential votes for Rayman to 162.
Also, tomorrow's my birthday.:seuss:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm finally back from school, with another 8 vote forms being passed out. That ups the amount of potential votes for Rayman to 162.
Also, tomorrow's my birthday.:seuss:
:) Glad to hear that pal, great work. And Happy Early Birthday to ya! :D Hope you have a good day!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

Did you see this?

A guy made the Rayman's moveset with pictures, it's really cool, don't you think?
That is pretty awesome.
FINALLY! Someone who agree that Shovel Knight, Shantae, or any other Indie shouldn't be in this game! I'm going to have to agree with SonicToast in that video. These Indie developers are what's going to ruin what Smash is really all about. It's for select few third parties meaning not every third party is going to make it. Besides its all about Nintendo characters battling it out with a select few impotant third party icons. Only a couple of niche people know who most of these Indie characters are. It shouldn't be about advertising or exposure for third parties they should arleady be well known. If they need advertising they shouldn't be in the game. At least that how I feel when it comes to these certain group of characters.

Besides Shovel Knight and Shantae are only popular in the West which really isn't much. It's more or less the "casual Smash fans" than hardcore fans of the community that want them in not really the whole community. You should've seen how they ranked in the DLC Edition thread, he and Shantae was at 10-20% range which is pretty low for third party. Showing that people don't really think they should be in. To be honest I think some of their hype has somewhat died down.

So no the whole community doesn't want them in. Do indie developers even know that they're characters won't get that much love in Japan than in the West? They aren't going to care for them much as they do over here. Shovel Knight probably won't at all be popular in Japan. Besides we all know that it's Japan who is going to have the final say. Nintendo don't promote western stuff that much anyway. They only show them once and then won't promote them again until their next game.
All though you might be correct (Shovel Knight is headed to Japan, while Shantae has games in Japan.), it's all up to whoever wins the vote. Who knows, we might get someone no one expected like Bayonetta. After all, weren't King K. Rool and Shovel Knight leading the votes for a bit?

Top Bottom