• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That what was being complained about, and well, about the Assassin costume Rayman has in Legends via preorder, it was mostly based from Edward Kenway's Assassin robes, not Ezio's.
Well, if Ezio were to appear in "Rayman Arena 2", I'd prefer that design than his normal design in the AC games. xD

But anyways, I gotta go now. So see you all later. Take care.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, if Ezio were to appear in "Rayman Arena 2", I'd prefer that design than his normal design in the AC games. xD

But anyways, I gotta go now. So see you all later. Take care.
Which design? his younger self with Giovanni's robes and not Brotherhood's design? or you mean of him looking more cartoony to fit the Rayman game? >.> and I would prefer to have *cough*Shay*cough* over Ezio....but oh well.

And see ya.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Which design? his younger self with Giovanni's robes and not Brotherhood's design? or you mean of him looking more cartoony to fit the Rayman game? >.> and I would prefer to have *cough*Shay*cough* over Ezio....but oh well.

And see ya.
Well, yeah, I understand you with Shay, Yun for me, but I don't mind.

Well, when it comes to the design, I don't mind which, but the "Style" I should have said I'd prefer like in the Academy game instead of like the AC games...

Think of this.

With one character like this.

I think you can get what I mean. But honestly, I'd like to see how Yun would look like, since one of her games has her like a cel shaded like and not really realistic, so...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Little known fact:
When I ask people if they have heard of Rayman, they ask me if I said Rain Man.
You know... the movie.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Little known fact:
When I ask people if they have heard of Rayman, they ask me if I said Rain Man.
You know... the movie.
Sadly, I hear that at times, too. Even more, some people I find saying Rayman as Ray Man/Ray-Man separately, like Mega Man/Pac-man. They clearly don't play the games to know about him.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sadly, I hear that at times, too. Even more, some people I find saying Rayman as Ray Man/Ray-Man separately, like Mega Man/Pac-man. They clearly don't play the games to know about him.
When my mom first told me of the movie, I thought she said Rayman.
By the way, Rain Man for Smash 4!
:troll:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys, do you think that the re-release of Rayman 3 in HD was kind of research of public for a new 3D Rayman? I loved Origins and Legends, but would be so awesome a full 3D platform once again; (and seems that the genre is getting attention again, principally with the Project Ukulele and so many indies out there).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey guys, do you think that the re-release of Rayman 3 in HD was kind of research of public for a new 3D Rayman? I loved Origins and Legends, but would be so awesome a full 3D platform once again; (and seems that the genre is getting attention again, principally with the Project Ukulele and so many indies out there).
Probably, if that was the case. Regardless if that is or wasn't the reason for that to have been done, if Rayman 4 comes out, that's all that matters.

Speaking of R4 and R3HD, does anyone know if Murfy still say "See you in Rayman 4" in the HD version of the game?

AndreaAC

Well, yeah, I understand you with Shay, Yun for me, but I don't mind.

Well, when it comes to the design, I don't mind which, but the "Style" I should have said I'd prefer like in the Academy game instead of like the AC games...

Think of this.

With one character like this.

I think you can get what I mean. But honestly, I'd like to see how Yun would look like, since one of her games has her like a cel shaded like and not really realistic, so...
>.> Well, even if they would look pretty odd, in my Rayman project they will be in anyway, <.< and nope...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>.> Well, even if they would look pretty odd, in my Rayman project they will be in anyway, <.< and nope...
It's fine, no problem.

When it comes to your project, if I imagine your project as a comic (assuming you'd like to make one for yourself), the AC characters would be 2D illustrations, and would "mesh" more next to Ray, honestly. But it's all up to interpretations, I'd be fine with your story being like that then in a video game to me. But it's not really that big of a deal, really...

So, I see there has been a lot activity here. Could someone fill me in on the current subject?
Thoughts about "Rayman Arena 2" and Rayman 4 talk, art posts, ect... And easter eggs in Rayman M/Arena.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I just want Rayman 4 to be a thing:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

It's fine, no problem.

When it comes to your project, if I imagine your project as a comic (assuming you'd like to make one for yourself), the AC characters would be 2D illustrations, and would "mesh" more next to Ray, honestly. But it's all up to interpretations, I'd be fine with your story being like that then in a video game to me. But it's not really that big of a deal, really...

Thoughts about "Rayman Arena 2" and Rayman 4 talk, art posts, ect... And easter eggs in Rayman M/Arena.
Of course it would be a comic, just trying to replicate the style of each game, giving them depth and stuff, but I need to write it all so not everything are just random events.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Of course it would be a comic, just trying to replicate the style of each game, giving them dept and stuff, but I need to write it all so not everything are just random events.
Well, you're doing a great job with the story from what I see so I know you can do it. And well, you're also a great artist as well, even if you're still learning. So I believe in you and wish you the best for your project.

AndreaAC

1071833-960221_20091106_003.jpg

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but this is the render image the used for Rayman in the Academy of Champions game, and for a render, I feel it lacks detail.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 49577
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but this is the render image the used for Rayman in the Academy of Champions game, and for a render, I feel it lacks detail.
I think I see what you mean.

Although nicely clean and clear, it's not as detailed...

In fact, everything looks more "soft and rounded" to me...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I think I see what you mean.

Although nicely clean and clear, it's not as detailed...

In fact, everything looks more "soft and rounded" to me...
Untitled.png

Well...if you compare the render, to how he looks in game...maybe you are right.

AndreaAC

.___. Geezus.... It's like how I see the R2 model of Ray, but in reverse... I even think Rayman Raving Rabbids Rayman looked better than that... Geez...He look so lanky and has little detail right there...
comparison.jpg

You can see Ubi's laziness there....but it's a spinoff so...

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I've been gone for a while from this thread only because I haven't had much notifications from this thread in the past couple of days. I can't wait for E3 and for school to be over. Ubisoft better have a decent conference this year. Last year was not their best. Its funny how Smash is still going to be the hyped up thing for Nintendo for the past 3 years now, at E3 for them. This time it's through the power of DLC and it's good that they are doing this. Hopefully we can get something Rayman related at E3 either announce him as a DLC character for Smash or a new 3D Rayman game for an anniversary. I'd be happy with either one but it'd be great if we can get something Rayman related from both Ubisoft and Nintendo.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, the art style in Academy of Champions are really cartoony so I think having a washed out Rayman from 3 would look pretty weird.
Well, I think we means if guest characters (Ezio in this case) had the design he shows up as in that game, then he could be in and not look so out of place. Rayman wouldn't look like that Rayman from that academy game....hell no... Rayman 3 Rayman plz...

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Probably, if that was the case. Regardless if that is or wasn't the reason for that to have been done, if Rayman 4 comes out, that's all that matters.

Speaking of R4 and R3HD, does anyone know if Murfy still say "See you in Rayman 4" in the HD version of the game?
I can confirm that he does still say "See you in Rayman 4!"

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I've been looking at Deviantart his support over there seems to be pretty good. So people do want him in the Deviantart's site. I'm looking all over the Internet for research to see how vocal other Rayman fans seem to be.

Top Bottom