• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Ly was going to appear in Rayman M/Arena.. but she got replaced by Tily.. oh god.. Tily.. what did you do to her?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ly was going to appear in Rayman M/Arena.. but she got replaced by Tily.. oh god.. Tily.. what did you do to her?
._. Probably she put Ly in a dungeon or something...and, would have been really hard for Ubi to put both of them in the game?

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I would like to play as Ly.. is one of my favorite characters in the Rayman saga, maybe Tily petrified Ly and so Ly appear only in form of statue in Rayman M and Rayman 3.

AndreaAC

I would like to play as Ly.. is one of my favorite characters in the Rayman saga, maybe Tily petrified Ly and so Ly appear only in form of statue in Rayman M and Rayman 3.
Jesus Christ... o__o you are right...And honestly I do pass the Longest Shortcut more than once just to see that statue, it makes me sad.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I don't know why ubisoft didn't put other art in the loading screen.. we can still see that Ly appears in there:

0:24

AndreaAC

I don't know why ubisoft didn't put other art in the loading screen.. we can still see that Ly appears in there:

0:24
>_> Because they were lazy to do that, and well, I think that they thought that no one would pay any attention to that smaller but important detail of Ly being there.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I won't give up on Snake, not yet. They'll both get in, just believe in it.
We can believe. Hopefully, Kojima's departure won't change anything.
But here's the thing: What would Ly bring to the table?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
We can believe. Hopefully, Kojima's departure won't change anything.

But here's the thing: What would Ly bring to the table?
The game is a spin off party game, she doesn't need anything truly unique to be playable in that game. I love Ly, and I'd prefer her over any other character that isn't Rayman...

And really, you can do something unique for her, as any company could do to any of their creations...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Maybe the same as Tily but being Ly? Ubi'd know how to put her in Rayman M.
That's the thing, Tily was just placed there, while Ly appeared in canon games. So, it's better.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
And really, you can do something unique for her, as any company could do to any of there creations...
I understand, but the thing is every character (minus clones) have brought something new to the table, nearly every character has something special about them. If Ly WOULD to be in the game, then they need to use something from her games that she can do AT LEAST ONCE. Also, Sm4sh is not just a party game. It's a FIGHTING game. Remember that.

And yes, that will be on the test.
Maybe the same as Tily but being Ly? Ubi'd know how to put her in Rayman M.
Rayman M is a full on party game. She's in because she's a very important character in the original days of Rayman.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I understand, but the thing is every character (minus clones) have brought something new to the table, nearly every character has something special about them. If Ly WOULD to be in the game, then they need to use something from her games that she can do AT LEAST ONCE. Also, Sm4sh is not just a party game. It's a FIGHTING game. Remember that.

And yes, that will be on the test.

Rayman M is a full on party game. She's in because she's a very important character in the original days of Rayman.
...I thought we were talking about why Ly wasn't playable in Rayman Arena, not Smash Bros...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just for fun, here's Rayman 3's unused/beta power-up forms that someone found.

http://postimg.org/image/85v2z8reb/
Rayman looks a little creepy.
Still, this is a cool find, I like that his hair changes with the power-ups.
Hey guys, I never posted here (I guess); but as you can see from my signature, I'm an enthusiastic of Rayman be in Smash. =);...and just taking advantage of my post: have ever heard about NitroRad?.. he's a YouTuber (not really big, but very competent), and he's currently doing an analysis of the Rayman Series (or at least, the classic trilogy, as it seems);.. he posted today his Rayman 2 review;.. I recommend to check. =);
Welcome aboard!

Also, you were the one who made that picture? Huh, small world. If you remember, I asked you if I could use that in a signature a couple months ago. It's a really great picture, and cheered me up after the leak was revealed fake.

View attachment 49532

Heavy Metal Fist Rayman Vs. Beta counterpart.
I'm amazed how quickly you get these done.
Do you remember the image that Andrea shared (that "baby" Globox)? Maybe you saw this photo but here is:

I see it and.. Tily is so creepy here..
I always thought Tily was creepy.
This just made it worse. :p

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Welcome aboard!

Also, you were the one who made that picture? Huh, small world. If you remember, I asked you if I could use that in a signature a couple months ago. It's a really great picture, and cheered me up after the leak was revealed fake.
Oh, I remember! Nice to see you around. XD;

AndreaAC

Rayman looks a little creepy.
Still, this is a cool find, I like that his hair changes with the power-ups.

Welcome aboard!

I'm amazed how quickly you get these done.

I always thought Tily was creepy.
This just made it worse. :p
xD Thank you! :) But like I said before, an hour and a half to just that, it's not fast.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
We were talking about Sm4sh, I believe...

Wait, were we?
WHAT IS THIS
Honestly, not at the moment. Your comment was about James statement, which was like yesterday or something. At the moment, we were discussing about why Ly the Fairy was not playable in Rayman Arena for no real reason.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Honestly, not at the moment. Your comment was about James statement, which was like yesterday or something. At the moment, we were discussing about why Ly the Fairy was not playable in Rayman Arena for no real reason.
oooooh
in that case
i have no idea why she's not in.
maybe because she had that unfair running minigame in rayman 2 that I hated?

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well, if was the reason, then screw Ubisoft....That's a terrible reason as she was more important to the plot of R2 than anything...
Hey.
Remember Uplay?
That's why I hate Ubisoft. The only games I have brought from them are in the Rayman series. Oh, and Grow Home. Grow Home was fun.
I'm thinking of getting Child Of Light, but that's only because I'm desperately looking for good RPGs.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Considering how long it takes me to sketch, outline, color, and shade, that's actually pretty fast to me.
You know, can I ask you all, does anyone other than Andrea uses a tablet? Just asking.

Hey.
Remember Uplay?
That's why I hate Ubisoft. The only games I have brought from them are in the Rayman series. Oh, and Grow Home. Grow Home was fun.
I'm thinking of getting Child Of Light, but that's only because I'm desperately looking for good RPGs.
Nope, never heard about that.

AndreaAC

Considering how long it takes me to sketch, outline, color, and shade, that's actually pretty fast to me.
And well, the other reason I made those "fast" it's because I'm on vacations...so, no school, no homework, no distractions, just music and the tablet.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I was thinking how Rayman 4's argument could be and I thought on this:

-Ly and Rayman are exploring a forest, and doing races. Ly sees something strange.. she goes near a brilliant thing, she removes some weed and finds a robo-pirate, she realizes that the robot is desactivated/destroyed and then she hears the own sound of the robo-pirates, she gets confused and stands up, sees near a tree and sees Razorbeard that kidnaps her. Rayman walk over the entire forest to find Ly, but he doesn't find nothing.

I'm bored xd.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know, can I ask you all, does anyone other than Andrea uses a tablet? Just asking.
I use a tablet myself.
And well, the other reason I made those "fast" it's because I'm on vacations...so, no school, no homework, no distractions, just music and the tablet.
Ah, okay, I see. Yeah, I personally get distracted a lot when it comes to drawing.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was thinking how Rayman 4's argument could be and I thought on this:

-Ly and Rayman are exploring a forest, and doing races. Ly sees something strange.. she goes near a brilliant thing, she removes some weed and finds a robo-pirate, she realizes that the robot is desactivated/destroyed and then she hears the own sound of the robo-pirates, she gets confused and stands up, sees near a tree and sees Razorbeard that kidnaps her. Rayman walk over the entire forest to find Ly, but he doesn't find nothing.

I'm bored xd.
Well, that's one way to bring back Ly. Although would wish she be a partner by your side during the adventure and such, imo. But nice, nonetheless.

I use a tablet myself.

Ah, okay, I see. Yeah, I personally get distracted a lot when it comes to drawing.
I see. And yeah, I think I know how you feel...I get distracted a lot myself...

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here played splinter cell? Specifically chaos theory?

That was a damn fine game, it's soundtrack is trippy as hell.

Ubisoft's got some fantastic games, it's the company itself that's pretty crappy.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Ubisoft's got some fantastic games, it's the company itself that's pretty crappy.
I honestly never played that series before, but I always wanted to back in the day.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Well, that's one way to bring back Ly. Although would wish she be a partner by your side during the adventure and such, imo. But nice, nonetheless.
I'd like to see Ly fighting the pirates/any enemies with Rayman.. I hope in the next game she appears and is a partner to fight the enemies, she has so much potential.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Haven't played it myself. I've heard good things though, maybe I'll give it a shot down the line.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'd like to see Ly fighting the pirates/any enemies with Rayman.. I hope in the next game she appears and is a partner to fight the enemies, she has so much potential.
Bringing her back is one thing. Making her playable/your partner would kill me from joy overload. I would redeem Ubisoft for cutting her out of the console games if that were to happen...period.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm EXTREMELY worried for Konami. With rumors Silent Hills being canceled and rumors of Kojima leaving, the future looks bleak for them.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm EXTREMELY worried for Konami. With rumors Silent Hills being canceled and rumors of Kojima leaving, the future looks bleak for them.
Yeah, they're in pretty rough shape. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to them. I hope they don't go under, because we'd lose quite a few franchises like Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill and Bomber... wait, forget that last one.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Yeah, they're in pretty rough shape. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to them. I hope they don't go under, because we'd lose quite a few franchises like Metal Gear, Castlevania, Silent Hill and Bomber... wait, forget that last one.
rip in bomberman
died as like the company he was created by
by loss of "intrest"
Anyways, maybe they would sell off franchises.
Personally, I'd like it if all of them except Bomberman were sold to Sony, and Bomberman was sold to Nintendo.

Top Bottom