• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Good night.
I just fill out forms when I'm done with work.
The reason why I've changed my mind? Honestly, that's hard to say. Maybe I miss the satisfaction of doing a good job spreading the word.
Well, good luck as always, keep on doing a good job, but just make sure it doesn't overwhelm you too much...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
TIME.jpg

Rayman in the Desert of Time, I got the idea from combining the concept of the Temporal Palace from the R4 prototype and the Desert of the Knaaren from R3.

AndreaAC

You're really getting into backrounds, it's awesome!
:3 Thank you! xD It was only matter of time before I had the courage to start adding them to my drawings! (but I still feel that I suck at them...)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
:3 Thank you! xD It was only metter of time before I had the courage to start adding them to my drawings! (but I still feel that I suck at them...)
You've honesty got much better in the little time I seen you experimenting with backgrounds, really. I hope you do more of them.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
:3 Thank you! xD It was only metter of time before I had the courage to start adding them to my drawings! (but I still feel that I suck at them...)
I barely have the courage to add anything to mine still, lol, it's great, believe me, there's a lot of depth to the penciling that you do.

AndreaAC

You've honesty got much better in the little time I seen you experimenting with backgrounds, really. I hope you do more of them.
I barely have the courage to add anything to mine still, lol, it's great, believe me, there's a lot of depth to the penciling that you do.
^u^ Yay, glad to see I'm actually making progress with my stuff!, hehe, I had to learn it the hard way thanks to one of my last school projects...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
^u^ Yay, glad to see I'm actually making progress with my stuff!, hehe, I had to learn it the hard way thanks to one of my last school projects...
Hey, learning is learning. Either you go in head first, or you can take as much time as you need. Either way, you're learning and growing, and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Hey, learning is learning. Either you go in head first, or you can take as much time as you need. Either way, you're learning and growing, and that's all that matters.
Well, when your school grades depend on it, it is a VERY stressful way to learn, you know? ._.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, when your school grades depend on it, it is a VERY stressful way to learn, you know? ._.
Well, yeah, you have a point, as I do know.... highschool...collage...meh...all in ways that sadly wasn't towards my interest at the time...but still, I learn what I could and got some art to my name that's "realistically" detail to learn from, I suppose...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I have passed out 5 vote forms today, which brings my total up to 108.
It's a slow start, but hopefully I can get back on track.
I just hope it has SOME effect on the Ballot. I really do. If Rayman doesn't get in, I'll look back on this and realize how stupid I was, wasting my time.
Oh well. Might as well try.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just hope it has SOME effect on the Ballot. I really do. If Rayman doesn't get in, I'll look back on this and realize how stupid I was, wasting my time.
I'm pretty sure it does something, if people are going out of there way to vote and all. Even if Rayman doesn't make it, that doesn't make you stupid at all. It's better that you tried to do something than nothing, really.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm pretty sure it does something, if people are going out of there way to vote and all. Even if Rayman doesn't make it, that doesn't make you stupid at all. It's better that you tried to do something than nothing, really.
Thanks.
I mean, I was talking with someone who said it was stupid for me to do such a thing. His reason? He said that about 1 million votes will be submitted and I will represent a VERY small number. And while I can agree it is small, what I don't agree with is that this person acted as though none of the million votes will even go to Rayman, when it's actually the opposite.
Rayman and K. Rool are my most wanted DLC characters, but Rayman needs the votes more than K. Rool. He's a third party who's not very well known in Japan. Someone's gotta take action, and this is why I'm right here today, campaigning for Ubisoft's mascot instead of the Kremling King.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks.
I mean, I was talking with someone who said it was stupid for me to do such a thing. His reason? He said that about 1 million votes will be submitted and I will represent a VERY small number. And while I can agree it is small, what I don't agree with is that this person acted as though none of the million votes will even go to Rayman, when it's actually the opposite.
Rayman and K. Rool are my most wanted DLC characters, but Rayman needs the votes more than K. Rool. He's a third party who's not very well known in Japan. Someone's gotta take action, and this is why I'm right here today, campaigning for Ubisoft's mascot instead of the Kremling King.
Well, always try to do what you know is best. And Rayman needs to get as many votes as he can, from people that actually cares about Rayman. That may be where Rayman lies in terms of awareness and such compared to other gaming mascots, but getting as much as you can is better than not doing anything and assuming that it won't matter. Adding matters, doing nothing about it doesn't.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I wonder if any Japanese Smash players would buy Rayman as DLC.
After all, he's not the most famous character in Japan.
I don't think people won't just give some character a try, even if they don't know them by heart... They must of gotten use to Little Mac, so they should try Rayman if he was playable, imo...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Whether it has an effect or not, what you're doing is still great. You got over 100 people to vote for Rayman, 100! If you haven't of done anything, that would have been 108 less votes.

Also, to ask this question again, can you vote multiple times on different devices, or is it because they have your IP, you wouldn't be able to do that?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
@ GaroMaster GaroMaster
Like other have said, your votes aren't going to waste. It might not seem like much but you're only helping the cause by making the forms. Just keep that in mind.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if any Japanese Smash players would buy Rayman as DLC.
After all, he's not the most famous character in Japan.
If they make rayman to be as unique as we'd imagen, there'd definitely be people willing to try him out. It's what makes him so perfect for DLC is how different and new he is from other characters, in terms of both looks, and the way he acts.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
RAYMAN SUPPORT STATUS ~ 4/28/15

I'll finally have time to continue that artwork in Art Academy this weekend. I had to put my focus on preparing for a formal dance at my school, but after that, I'll be able to go all out campaigning just like @ GaroMaster GaroMaster is doing. Great job on that, by the way!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
RAYMAN SUPPORT STATUS ~ 4/28/15

I'll finally have time to continue that artwork in Art Academy this weekend. I had to put my focus on preparing for a formal dance at my school, but after that, I'll be able to go all out campaigning just like @ GaroMaster GaroMaster is doing. Great job on that, by the way!
Thanks!
By the way, when you go campaigning for Rayman, have these rules in mind:
  1. Do not demand them to vote. Simply ask them as a small favor.
  2. Ask them if they've heard of both Smash Bros. and Ubisoft as well as Rayman. If they say yes to AT LEAST one of them, they'll be good people to ask. You might look stupid if they don't know either of them, but it's better to know than to not know.
  3. Tell them about the Smash Ballot, what you can do in it, and also that Ubisoft has said that they want people to vote for Rayman.
  4. When showing them the form, tell them the Ballot does not ask for your name or email address.
  5. If you want to, you can put a sticky note on the form as a notification.
If they don't want to do it, just walk away, as it's no use trying to convince them. Keeping a low profile also helps.

That's all I have to share! Good luck!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Thanks!
By the way, when you go campaigning for Rayman, have these rules in mind:
  1. Do not demand them to vote. Simply ask them as a small favor.
  2. Ask them if they've heard of both Smash Bros. and Ubisoft as well as Rayman. If they say yes to AT LEAST one of them, they'll be good people to ask. You might look stupid if they don't know either of them, but it's better to know than to not know.
  3. Tell them about the Smash Ballot, what you can do in it, and also that Ubisoft has said that they want people to vote for Rayman.
  4. When showing them the form, tell them the Ballot does not ask for your name or email address.
  5. If you want to, you can put a sticky note on the form as a notification.
If they don't want to do it, just walk away, as it's no use trying to convince them. Keeping a low profile also helps.

That's all I have to share! Good luck!
Thanks for the advice!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Thanks for the advice!
No problem.
Oh, and about keeping a low profile....
Given how I've passed out 108 forms, alot of people know about it, so your campaign will eventually be known if it ever passes such a number.
And hey, you can go ahead and ask your teachers, too. They won't mind doing such a small task. The more, the merrier!

However, I'll just warn you that people will forget about it, so it's best to ask them once a day if they've voted. Tell them to vote when they leave class. The statement will stick with them.
It can get annoying, but you'll get used to it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have an update about my letter, I planned to have it translated last weekend, but due to some school work, I was unable to, I also doubt that I'll have this weekend too. I'll try and get this done as soon as possible.

Top Bottom