• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Looks amazing, probably that is kind of what R4 was going to be.
View attachment 49136
Yeah, I know, after seeing that from the "Did You Know Gaming" video about it...A game with Rayman 1's level design, Rayman 2's level structure and Rayman 3's game play and aesthetics?... *Sigh* Why Ubisoft...Why?... So much want....SO much...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, I know, after seeing that from the "Did You Know Gaming" video about it...A game with Rayman 1's level design, Rayman 2's level structure and Rayman 3's game play and aesthetics?... *Sigh* Why Ubisoft...Why?... So much want....SO much...
It would have been the perfect Rayman game, probably, so yeah, a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Speaking of Rayman 3, found this interesting video.
Interesting indeed. Now I know more about what game development is like!

...Sorry for the double post, but after looking this up, I found something I haven't seen myself and if anyone haven't either, well here you go.

I want something like this at E3.

PLEASE UBISOFT!!!

I would also like Rayman in Smash, of course.

AndreaAC

I love how Picture City looks, it looks updated to fit modern Rayman yet still has that classic charm, I'm curious as to why they canceled it.
I wonder that too, because, hell, the concept arts for the game where simply stunning. If all that had made it, like I said before, it would have been the perfect Rayman 3D Adventure game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
AS far as I'm concern, it was due to the Ravin Rabbids...
Actually, this was separate project from the Rabbids. The concept art was from the original Rayman 4, that was canceled, then went back into development again, but with the Rabbids, and we all know what happened then.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Actually, this was separate project from the Rabbids. The concept art was from the original Rayman 4, that was canceled, then went back into development again, but with the Rabbids, and we all know what happened then.
To be honest, now that they aren't hogging Ray's spotlight, I'm more neutral toward the little bunnies. They can DAAAAAH all they want in their universe. As long as they don't hinder Rayman, they're fine.

On a latter, unrelated note, I've seen the Rabbid Invaders toon series before... Its not too bad. I think it gets a bit better in the latter episodes in my opinion.

Also... I dunno why..

There is something I find funny about hypnotized Rabbids... XD

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
BTW, any updates on what Mr. Ancel is up to these days? He hasn't said much of a peep since his unveiling of Wild Sheep Studio and Project Wild.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
To be honest, now that they aren't hogging Ray's spotlight, I'm more neutral toward the little bunnies. They can DAAAAAH all they want in their universe. As long as they don't hinder Rayman, they're fine.

On a latter, unrelated note, I've seen the Rabbid Invaders toon series before... Its not too bad. I think it gets a bit better in the latter episodes in my opinion.

Also... I dunno why..

There is something I find funny about hypnotized Rabbids... XD
I've always had a soft spot for the little guys, they're what got me into Rayman in the first place. The original Raving Rabbids trailer (when it was Rayman 4), as the first time I saw Rayman and was blown away. I do think RR1 and 2 are decent party games, and I quite enjoyed Rabbids Go Home. I thank them for introducing to one of my favorite game franchises. I probably won't be in this thread typing this if it wasn't for them.

As for the cartoon, its decent, its better than some of the stuff on Nickelodeon today and overall, it's a harmless kids show.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh by the way guys.. I created something I have been meaning to work on for quite awhile.

Rayman's Campaign Card Sig. I decided to try to be a bit creative, and include this thread's title schtick in here too.

I want your opinions on it. I wanna know if it looks good

I've always had a soft spot for the little guys, they're what got me into Rayman in the first place. The original Raving Rabbids trailer (when it was Rayman 4), as the first time I saw Rayman and was blown away. I do think RR1 and 2 are decent party games, and I quite enjoyed Rabbids Go Home. I thank them for introducing to one of my favorite game franchises. I probably won't be in this thread typing this if it wasn't for them.

As for the cartoon, its decent, its better than some of the stuff on Nickelodeon today and overall, it's a harmless kids show.
Yeah. Well unless you just so happened to have your volume pumped up to the max on your laptop/TV when they do one of their trademark DAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!s... (Ow.. that would probably make you deaf XD)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh by the way guys.. I created something I have been meaning to work on for quite awhile.

Rayman's Campaign Card Sig. I decided to try to be a bit creative, and include this thread's title schtick in here too.

Well, it looks fine to me, imo.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
...Sorry for the double post, but after looking this up, I found something I haven't seen myself and if anyone haven't either, well here you go.

I was JUST looking at that yesturday, love the game's sleepy demeanor, they really gotta bring back atmospheric rayman.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I like it! Though I do have two problems, the white outline around the Lum looks a little off, and Operation Rayfall gets a bit too dark at the middle and end.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I like it! Though I do have two problems, the white outline around the Lum looks a little off, and Operation Rayfall gets a bit too dark at the middle and end.
yeah... Its a bad case of "unofficial icon-itus".. Sometimes I'm able to pull them off with unofficial sources, other times I'm not. I might scrap it the next time I give it a go.

I'll also see about the Rayfall thing too.. It was an experiment after all, so I didn't really know how it was gonna turn out. As of right now though, I'm fairly exhausted. Staring at these graphics so closely during my editting starts to hurt my eyes after awhile.. lol :/

Last edited:

AndreaAC

End of the World.jpg

After seeing the onld screenshots of the RRR prototype, I felt that Rayman would be like this after discovering that his world was falling apart because of the Rabbids.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
yeah... Its a bad case of "unofficial icon-itus".. Sometimes I'm able to pull them off with unofficial sources, other times I'm not. I might scrap it the next time I give it a go.

I'll also see about the Rayfall thing too.. It was an experiment after all, so I didn't really know how it was gonna turn out. As of right now though, I'm fairly exhausted. Staring at these graphics so closely during my editting starts to hurt my eyes after awhile.. lol :/
Hey man, take your time, I've see the others you've done, these are great.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
View attachment 49165
After seeing the onld screenshots of the RRR prototype, I felt that Rayman would be like this after discovering that his world was falling apart because of the Rabbids.
I've always loved the atmosphere of the old RRR trailer, as I said before, it was my first introduction to Rayman. Awesome work!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Going from the high of the Rayman 4 reveal trailer to suddenly getting stuck with... a party game...

That almost hit me as hard as losing Rare. At least Rayman came back.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So expanding upon my history with Rayman as I was going to... I recall seeing one of the advertisements for Rayman 3, (I think it was the one where Rayman punched a hole in the wall while talking to Globox, don't quote me on it since it's quite vague) and eventually bought a copy of it for the Gamecube. I loved the silly cutscenes such as the Teensie Doctors trying to get Andre out of Globox. There was also the Game Boy Advance version of it that I didn't finish unlike the console counterpart. The only experience I have with Rayman 2 was when it was on the DS version, and there's the Rabbids too. Only played the first game on its own, then picked up the trilogy (which had all three Rabbids games - played the second one the most)

When Origins was announced, I was excited to hear that it was going to be a platformer this time, though I admit it's the only main Rayman game I ever skipped since I felt the difficulty in the 3DS demo was too much. Legends' announcement was a great song to hear - especially when it was initially announced for the Wii U. (Until Ubisoft went multi-platform with it...) That's just the abridged version of my history with Rayman.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Rayman 1.5 ROTD, I follow his steps since long time.. first time I saw it, I thought in the possibility that they introduce the meeting of Globox and Rayman for the first time, and other things. I hope this isn't the only Rayman 3D in progress, and Ubisoft show us a NEW 3D game.. probably the cancelled Rayman 4.

Also, I loved the power ups, but I think that Rayman doesn't need them.. or not so much of them like he was going to have in Rayman 4:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Rayman 1.5 ROTD, I follow his steps since long time.. first time I saw it, I thought in the possibility that they introduce the meeting of Globox and Rayman for the first time, and other things. I hope this isn't the only Rayman 3D in progress, and Ubisoft show us a NEW 3D game.. probably the cancelled Rayman 4.

Also, I loved the power ups, but I think that Rayman doesn't need them.. or not so much of them like he was going to have in Rayman 4:

I guess the power ups would have again the limited time mechanic like in 3, which would be pretty sad. And I think the thing I loved the most was the scenary:
Lair_of_dark_rayman.png

Seeing this place in a new 3D Rayman with HD graphics would be like amazing.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I guess the power ups would have again the limited time mechanic like in 3, which would be pretty sad. And I think the thing I loved the most was the scenary:
View attachment 49196

Yeah, it's amazing, I love the coloured scenary like in Rayman 1. My favorite combination would be, the Coloured scenaries of Rayman 1, the history of Rayman 2 and the gameplay of Rayman 3.

AndreaAC

Yeah, it's amazing, I love the coloured scenary like in Rayman 1. My favorite combination would be, the Coloured scenaries of Rayman 1, the history of Rayman 2 and the gameplay of Rayman 3.
Totally, and well, there are other concept sketches that also remind of the enviroments in R3 and R2, because they are also beautifully looking. And I bet the music they were going to make was going to be stunning as well. Ancel should really make something based out of it, I mean, he has mostly all, with exeption of the enemies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hey everyone.
I noticed a discussion on the future Rayman game. Do you all think it's that "secret" game Ubisoft was holding back for the Wii U?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

In my opinion, the power ups really don't have to be there, as in the R3 kind of ones, as Rayman 1/2 doesn't have them and well, they're still ****ing awesome. With that said, I can agree with that, as long as he got some kind of power up, akin to the classic games like 1 or 2 if not something like Rayman 3, inf not Rayman 3's in the first place, as I do like those.

View attachment 49196

Agreed, as every single one of those concept arts were PERFECT, imo.

Totally, and well, there are other concept sketches that also remind of the enviroments in R3 and R2, because they are also beautifully looking. And I bet the music they were going to make was going to be stunning as well. Ancel should really make something based out of it, I mean, he has mostly all, with exeption of the enemies.
And well, unless they go the way of Nintendo (keep ideas over years later and than make something out of it when the times comes that works for their current gen console) then maybe they'll really make that Rayman 4 that they tried to do years ago. Otherwise, I don't we'll get that game anymore, and it would be something different.

Imo, even if that version of Rayman 4 never happens, JUST give me any Rayman 4 that's just as awesome as Rayman 2/3, I don't care anymore. All I freaking want is another damn 3D Rayman game, despite how good the 2D ones are. Rayman only got two true Rayman games in 3D, every other mascot character (Mario, Sonic) has ****ton more 3D games than 2D ones and Rayman deserves more of those kinds of games...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

>_> um...so I was looking around tumblr again, and I found some old advertisement for the dreamcast version of Rayman 2:
Gotta say, if R3 advertisements were a bit...wierd, this is worst. This is NOT a good way to advertise multiplayer...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>_> um...so. I was looking around tumblr again, and I found some old advertisement for the dreamcast version of Rayman 2:

Gotta say, if R3 advertisements were a bit...wierd, this is worst. This is not a good way to advertise multiplayer...
....Dafuq? .___. Is this real?...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, it is. And I had the same reaction, honestly.
You know, I honestly hate that about game advertisement back in like the late 90s/early 2000s, as they honestly were centered around suggestive stuff and focused more towards the male audience as well... but really, this is honestly sick...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
>_> um...so I was looking around tumblr again, and I found some old advertisement for the dreamcast version of Rayman 2:
Gotta say, if R3 advertisements were a bit...wierd, this is worst. This is NOT a good way to advertise multiplayer...
Wow.. it's shocking! If you find other strange images like that, share it here please.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Wow.. it's shocking If you find other strange images like that, share it here please.
Totally, and I'm really wondering, what in the name of stuff was Ubisoft thinking when deciding to show these, also with R3's adverts. And OK! :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Totally, and I'm really wondering, what in the name of stuff was Ubisoft thinking when deciding to show these, also with R3's adverts. And OK! :)
Umm, good luck with that. If you do find more, post them here.

Just glad that that's not the case of mind set anymore from Ubisoft...

...Oh wait... ._. Goddamnit...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Umm, good luck with that. If you do find more, post them here.

Just glad that that's not the case of mind set anymore from Ubisoft...

...Oh wait... ._. Goddamnit...
First time I saw that trailer, I was like "Oh, IT CAN'T BE REAL, Rayman is back! *That scene comes* w.. what.. YOU AREN'T RAYMAN!". I'm glad that this scene didn't appear in the game, it was.. strange for Rayman (?).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Now you're making me feel bad because I got a good kick out of it.

Piss jokes I can do without, but I always appreciate innuendo.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
First time I saw that trailer, I was like "Oh, IT CAN'T BE REAL, Rayman is back! *That scene comes* w.. what.. YOU AREN'T RAYMAN!". I'm glad that this scene didn't appear in the game, it was.. strange for Rayman (?).
Indeed....That's one thing I thought was weird and with his newer personality, it really was jarring to me...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Indeed....That's one thing I thought was weird and with his newer personality, it really was jarring to me...
The entire personality of Origins was jarring to me.. I mean.. Globox and Rayman hitting "that statue boss" like *******.. or hitting both of them, and that scene in the trailer.. I like the game but the change of his personality was shocking for me.

Top Bottom