• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I actually never played Rayman Arena. Perhaps that's something I should do at some point...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It was the first rayman game I've ever played!

I got it right before rayman 3 came out infact, so it kickstarted my childhood.

Infact, what's your guys' first rayman game?
The first Rayman game, on the computer, back when I was 6 years old. Hard as ****, but loved the game to pieces.

I actually never played Rayman Arena. Perhaps that's something I should do at some point...
It's a fun little party game. Not much as good as the likes of Mario Party, but still pretty fun for what it was. Have amazing music.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Rayman 1 on PS1. Probably the hardest game I played back then. It was good fun though, me and my sister used to play it together.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Mine was, admittedly, Raving Rabbids 1, I rented that and Rayman 3 on the same day, guess which one I played more?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
This group is dedicated to spreading the word and crossing our fingers for Rayman to be a DLC character. On Deviant art type in Rayman-4-Smash to see the site.
Perhaps the people on this site could help spread the word for Rayman to be a DLC character. Thank you for reading what I had to say.
I actually run that group, mind you. Plus, my signature will take you there if you click on it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Well, for me, it was Rayman 2, using an emulator. It was the only game I could play without any problem and that I loved back then because, the Majora's Mask ROM my brother got me, always crashed.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Rayman 2 on N64. I didn't get a memory pak for it until several years later so I always had to start from the beginning. Hated the unskippable and practically silent intro because of the unskipability.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
First Rayman game I played was (surprise, surprise) Rayman 1 as part of Rayman Forever on PC. That was pretty much the only Rayman game I played until Origins came out.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So you mentioned Tumblr earlier, I actually think that's a great idea, we'll have to decide who runs it though.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman

My first Rayman game was Rayman 2: The Great Escape on the N64. The first run through I did of that game the memory pack wouldn't work so I couldn't save. That didn't stop me from just leaving the system on for a week straight until I got halfway into the game and then it froze up on me. Afterwards the memory pack started working properly and I could actually save my progress. I had no interest in the Rabbids seeing as they stole the spotlight from Rayman and skipped the Rabbids series and got back into it when Origins came out on the Wii. When Legends was announced for the Wii U, I was super hyped up! Then it got delayed and I played the Challenge App every day until Legends came out. When it did, I played through the entire game with my brother and we had a blast with it! After finishing it, we discussed how awesome it would be to have Rayman in Smash as a playable character, and this was before Smash 4 was even announced! (I think)

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

My first Rayman game was Rayman 2 for the PSX and my second game of Rayman was Rayman Rush for the PSX too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My first Rayman game was Rayman Origins, which I got for Christmas a few years back for the Xbox 360. I really enjoyed it, particularly when playing co-op - since then, I bought Rayman Legends (as soon as I had a Wii U and could find a copy of the game) and Rayman 2 for the Nintendo 64.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I already have a Tumblr so I can't run a new one for Rayman (nor use my own for that matter, hopefully no one finds it).

First Rayman game? The first game I ever owned for myself was the original Rayman, followed shortly by Rayman 2.

Rayman 2 may be my favorite of the franchise, but the first game still has a special place for me.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
@ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft I looked for the user in tumblr that posted your Rayman 4 Smash artwork and here's the link to his profile:
http://angelchavez-nintendo.tumblr.com/.
Thank you very much.
So, how's progress on the Facebook page so far?
Things are slowing down, but so far, we've gotten at least one person a day, which is good. The important thing is trying to get new people. I already posted a link on the official Rayman Facebook page and I'm currently thinking of running an ad through Facebook's promotion program, but that will cost a bit of money.

AndreaAC

Thank you very much.

Things are slowing down, but so far, we've gotten at least one person a day, which is good. The important thing is trying to get new people. I already posted a link on the official Rayman Facebook page and I'm currently thinking of running an ad through Facebook's promotion program, but that will cost a bit of money.
:) No problem. Glad I could help.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I remember when I got into rayman when I was younger, I always wanted rayman 1, after beating 2 and 3. I'm glad it never happened though, lol. Probably would've taken years off me, as I did not have the same patience for games as I do today. I love the hell out of it though, it's really overlooked.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, thought I should say something about my school campaign, so here it goes:
As I pass out more vote forms, the amount of potential options run out. Because of this, I'll be tapering down my campaign and prepare, say, 15 vote forms for every week.
I worry that this campaign is taking focus away from my education and is making me stressed. Plus, I don't want this to be the main focus for every school day, as I feel that my grades will suffer.
I'm still contributing, but I can't continue like this as my options begin to run out. Honestly, it's better for me to space out my efforts instead of blowing it out all at once. Plus, I have 7 weeks of school left, so I can still get to 150.
Just thought I should share.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So, thought I should say something about my school campaign, so here it goes:
As I pass out more vote forms, the amount of potential options run out. Because of this, I'll be tapering down my campaign and prepare, say, 15 vote forms for every week.
I worry that this campaign is taking focus away from my education and is making me stressed. Plus, I don't want this to be the main focus for every school day, as I feel that my grades will suffer.
I'm still contributing, but I can't continue like this as my options begin to run out. Honestly, it's better for me to space out my efforts instead of blowing it out all at once. Plus, I have 7 weeks of school left, so I can still get to 150.
Just thought I should share.
Yeah, don't overwork yourself, especially when school work is involved. Glad you're doing a great job, but please, don't overdo it and take your time when you have time to spare...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Yeah, don't overwork yourself, especially when school work is involved. Glad you're doing a great job, but please, don't overdo it and take your time when you have time to spare...
Thank you.
I honestly was worried that you guys wanted me to continue on like this. Glad it's the opposite.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Thank you.
I honestly was worried that you guys wanted me to continue on like this. Glad it's the opposite.
You deserve a rest buddy, we're all extremely impressed at what you did, seriously. It's completely fine if you slow down on votes, but if it still kills your grades, it ain't worth it man.

AndreaAC

Thank you.
Of course not, you don't have to continue in any way. As S5 said, school and real life problems are more important, besides, you did a great job already.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You deserve a rest buddy, we're all extremely impressed at what you did, seriously. It's completely fine if you slow down on votes, but if it still kills your grades, it ain't worth it man.
Thanks, buddy.
I don't make up the statistics just to make you guys happy. I actually ask people to vote for Rayman and they accept it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks, buddy.
I don't make up the statistics just to make you guys happy. I actually ask people to vote for Rayman and they accept it.
You already made us happy for you hard work, indeed. You did a great job, and as long as you don't let it harm yourself, that's all that matters, you don't have to do too much if it get's in the way of other things more important.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
MY BACKSTORY WITH RAYMAN HIMSELF

I first discovered Rayman by browsing the Nintendo DSi Shop for games and finding the first Rayman game on there. I finally got the chance to know who the character was when I sampled Rayman Origins at a GameStop and instantly loved the franchise. I practically begged my mom to get the game. Playing through the game with my little brother is one of the best gaming memories I have. I loved the praise it got in the Nintendo Power Magazine (may it rest in peace), being called a "platforming masterpiece". Rayman Origins is my favorite Rayman game and is one of my top 5 games of all time.

When Legends was leaked, I made it a goal to save up money to get a Wii U, even if it would be the only game I played on the console. This was all before I knew about Smash 4, mind you. I finally got the console 10 days after it released (which was my birthday), and I freaking loved it. I played Nintendo Land all the time until Christmas that year when I finally got my own copy of Smash Bros. Brawl and also got New Super Mario Bros. U. I couldn't wait to get my hands on Rayman Legends, but when the infamous delay happened, I was a bit upset, but soon got over it (unlike the haters).

Then, I found out about Smash 4, and then a whole new story began...

Top Bottom