• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well that's good, now everyone can view it.

Huh, well I learned something new. Thanks for the heads up.
Well, it seems as though you guys will be taking Operation Rayfall to the Internet.
I'm continuing my school campaign, but I'll just say this:
If our campaigns don't even convince Sakurai that he's a good choice, I'm out of ideas.
That said, let's keep marching till October rolls around. Only then will we know Rayman's fate.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just to let you know, that rate your chances thread place is doing Rayman now...

Although if I try to say something on the matter myself, I'll have to see...but it's up to you guys.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well I've made my case for my little buddy, bit sad to see people putting him down already.

Psst, @ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash , you might want to edit your post in the other thread to actually match the correct format.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I gave my two cents in the RTC thread. So far a lot of people aren't thinking highly of his chances...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, on a bright side of things, from what seen in there, 3rd Parties don't get normally higher than 10%, judging from Shantae's percentage.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, on a bright side of things, from what seen in there, 3rd Parties don't get normally higher than 10%, judging from Shantae's percentage.
Yeah, seems like a lot of these guys really hate anything non-nintendo lol.

Also feel bad for those guys who haven't really played a rayman game, and judge him on origins alone, but oh well!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
My biggest worry regarding Rayman is that his popularity in Japan may be much too small to warrent an inclusion in Sakurai's eyes.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for the translation of the full Famitsu interview rather than just this excerpt where Sakurai says he wants to make more DLCs for fans before rating him in RTC. If he talks about Mewtwo's lack of custom moves and promise us to give them to him, then I don't have to be concerned about custom moves for DLC characters anymore and I can give the 100% want score I want to give to Rayman (and btw, I won't have to cut want scores for everyone by 75% anymore). Otherwise I'm going to abstain about his want score, I could cut it by 75% like I do since the Isaac day but the character himself would mean so much for me I can't give him such a low score, while on the other hand the lack of customs being gospel would kinda ruin my excitement...

Edit: the full interview has been posted, unfortunately no word about custom moves for DLC characters it seems. I hope he will at least acknowledge the backlash from this fiasco...

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Hey guys it's Rayman turn for the DLC edition thread. Voice your opinion as to why you think Rayman would be a good candidate for DLC. Besides they are kind of giving him and Ubisoft flak right now. Help us out, please.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
As soon as Rayman is made DLC, I am so going to rub it in every one of their faces. But seriously, if they're going to act this way, then I'll probably retaliate by going against the characters THEY want in Smash Bros.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
There were added because today Splatoon is released, I believe. But like that April 1st prank with "Shaqboards", it should only last for one day.
Wait I thought May 29th was the relase date internationally. Or is it getting released in Japan today? I thought that was on the 28th a day early before we even get it.

Last edited:
Edit: the full interview has been posted, unfortunately no word about custom moves for DLC characters it seems. I hope he will at least acknowledge the backlash from this fiasco...
except there really isnt much of a backlash.

especially in Japan which hates customs.

Google tells me splatoon is may 29th.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
except there really isnt much of a backlash.

especially in Japan which hates customs.

Google tells me splatoon is may 29th.
I admit I'm quite stubborn about Mewtwo's lack of customs, but I've seen a sizable amount of other people complaining about it as well, and often mentioning their hopes to see them added through an update when Mewtwo will be released for everyone.

Also "Japan hates customs"? I really wasn't aware about that. Are you sure the average Japanese Smash 4 player hates them more than America/Europe or is it a vocal minority more than anything else?

(I've seen a theory somewhere stating that Mewtwo's custom moves weren't released yet at least partially to prevent people who got him early to farm for his custom moves and thus unlocking them all unfairly early compared to other people... which imo makes more sense than just not giving him customs for the sake of it. Hoping it's true...)

I admit I'm quite stubborn about Mewtwo's lack of customs, but I've seen a sizable amount of other people complaining about it as well, and often mentioning their hopes to see them added through an update when Mewtwo will be released for everyone.

Also "Japan hates customs"? I really wasn't aware about that. Are you sure the average Japanese Smash 4 player hates them more than America/Europe or is it a vocal minority more than anything else?

(I've seen a theory somewhere stating that Mewtwo's custom moves weren't released yet at least partially to prevent people who got him early to farm for his custom moves and thus unlocking them all unfairly early compared to other people... which imo makes more sense than just not giving him customs for the sake of it. Hoping it's true...)
The general community dislukes customs according to various channels.

The competitive community however despises customs and is boycotting tournaments. They are really anti customs (unfortunately )

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Funny, because I figured that the DLC characters won't have custom moves until later on in a future update.

Speaking of updates, we still haven't heard much about the Miiverse Stage DLC. My guess would be that and many other content will be announced during this E3.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
The general community dislukes customs according to various channels.

The competitive community however despises customs and is boycotting tournaments. They are really anti customs (unfortunately )
Most of the hate I've seen towards custom moves has been related to how tedious it is to unlock them all and how impractical they are to set before a match (you first have to choose your set in another menu, and you can't select them directly from the CSS), not to mention you can't use them online with anyone. These are obviously common sense criticism and I can't disagree with that. I've seen some complaints about how custom moves may have been wasted potential (like generic variations instead of more references to the source material) but I don't think I've seen much hate towards custom moves for what they are.

Also the main reasons why almost all tournaments are vanilla only is because as already said they aren't practical at all to set before a match and selecting them is particularly time-consuming, which is a huge deal in big events. Not to mention unlocking everything on multiple Wii Us would be a chore for a tourney organizer. I think the vanilla competitive scene would be the most prominent by a fair margin regardless, but I'm sure the custom one would be much more developed if it wasn't for these organization issues; both should coexist imo.
Funny, because I figured that the DLC characters won't have custom moves until later on in a future update.

Speaking of updates, we still haven't heard much about the Miiverse Stage DLC. My guess would be that and many other content will be announced during this E3.
The only Smash-related thing I'm expecting for E3 2015 is a Ryu reveal trailer, and that's it, because as a third-party character and Mr. Fighting Game himself he would be a big deal. Maybe Roy as well revealed outside of the Nintendo Direct, similar to WFT and Pac-Man in 2013 and 2014 respectively, with his release date being announced later by Sakurai in the Fire Emblem concert. But I don't expect E3 to be focused on Smash DLC, maybe I'm wrong but for me E3 is an event whose role is to reveal big news about new games and sometimes new hardware, and I have a feeling Nintendo doesn't want to make people feel like they're focusing on milking their biggest juggernaut by putting too much focus on Smash DLC at E3 rather than caring about upcoming games.

I think Miiverse stage and Tournament mode (and Mewtwo's custom moves, hopefully) will be added the same day as Mewtwo's release for everyone at best, or for Lucas' release at worst. And when Ryu (an possibly Roy) will inevitably be announced at E3, the official Smash website will be updated to add him (or them) in the DLC main page and more details on Lucas will be revealed in the website as well including his price, release date and his own character page.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Look who's back! I have passed out 12 vote forms today, which brings the amount of potential votes for Rayman to 90. Only 10 more to go!

Top Bottom