• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Good night, guys. It's nice I can go to a community and accept who I am. That's what makes this community such a nice place.
#KeepOnFighting

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I see we reached past 200 pages!!:bee: Congrats!
My first Rayman game was Rayman 3 - Hoodlum Havoc. That's all I can say before I run off to English. I might expand on this a bit later.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, thought I should say something about my school campaign, so here it goes:
As I pass out more vote forms, the amount of potential options run out. Because of this, I'll be tapering down my campaign and prepare, say, 15 vote forms for every week.
I worry that this campaign is taking focus away from my education and is making me stressed. Plus, I don't want this to be the main focus for every school day, as I feel that my grades will suffer.
I'm still contributing, but I can't continue like this as my options begin to run out. Honestly, it's better for me to space out my efforts instead of blowing it out all at once. Plus, I have 7 weeks of school left, so I can still get to 150.
Just thought I should share.
No worries man, the fact that you got to 100 was incredible. You deserve to take a break.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could probably recall a bunch of details from the game, even though I haven't played it in a while.

My favorite part of Razoff's mansion was the mirror where Rayman would pose in front of if you left him idle. Even if it's just in that one place in the game, I love it when they throw in small details like that, it's really memorable for me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I could probably recall a bunch of details from the game, even though I haven't played it in a while.

My favorite part of Razoff's mansion was the mirror where Rayman would pose in front of if you left him idle. Even if it's just in that one place in the game, I love it when they throw in small details like that, it's really memorable for me.
I only recently found that out thanks to Andrea before I tried that out in the game on an emulator. Don't know how I didn't know that before, but I agree when it comes to small details, I'm a sucker for them...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I only recently found that out thanks to Andrea before I tried that out in the game on an emulator. Don't know how I didn't know that before, but I agree when it comes to small details, I'm a sucker for them...
I'm kind of weird when I play games, I'll often go out of my way to do things you shouldn't just to see what happens.

I've found glitches in just about every game I've played because of it, one was even named after me...

In Origins I managed to wall jump (on a single wall) up and over the boundaries of the level, but I just died afterwards.

Rayman 3 was particularly good about that sort of stuff, Globox says a lot if you keep hitting him many, many times.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Any news regarding the R1 Music Orchestration project so far since last time, or any word on the Pix n' Love History of Rayman English version?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've been waiting so long for that book, and the author doesn't want anyone to scan it so I can't even see the pictures yet...

I'm beginning to doubt we'll even get an English release.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
In Origins I managed to wall jump (on a single wall) up and over the boundaries of the level, but I just died afterwards.
I found this technique as well in Origins and Legends. It's pretty fun to use.

Any news regarding the R1 Music Orchestration project so far since last time, or any word on the Pix n' Love History of Rayman English version?
Nope. I just hope the book comes out this year for Rayman's anniversary.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I've been waiting so long for that book, and the author doesn't want anyone to scan it so I can't even see the pictures yet...

I'm beginning to doubt we'll even get an English release.

We could Twitter on their page and ask them about it.

But seriously, I hope they have something worth showing regarding Rayman this E3.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
We could Twitter on their page and ask them about it.

But seriously, I hope they have something worth showing regarding Rayman this E3.
They did post this a while ago

Many people freaked out, but hey, they kept supporting the idea that Rayman was the head of a soccor team for almost a year, so there's that.

I still feel like there's a possibility though.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm pretty sure that we'll see something new of Rayman in the E3. (and good at the height of his anniversary)

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Who remembers this guy from Rayman 3?
One of my favorite bosses in the game, loved how unique it was.

Rayman 3 is one of my favorite games, yet I never knew that, love attention to detail like that.
A 3D modeler I'm working with made this:
Awesome! Can't wait to see it finished.

As for the History of Rayman book, I do hope that gets released soon. I absolutely loved their History of Sonic book.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So the scoring system was one of the last additions...

The score system, the level structure, Murphy, and the powerup time limits were the only things that drug the game down imo.

I definitely like how they mentioned Rayman as a rival to Mario and Sonic too, "not iconic" my arse.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And I would really love that the stage was that scenario of the "Balloons" minigame from R3, without the music, the heavy rain and the many abandoned ships give a great cold feeling.
This version of the song in particular actually comes from the ship at the end of the Longest Shortcut.

You know, that "boss fight" against the mecha piranha.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This version of the song in particular actually comes from the ship at the end of the Longest Shortcut.

You know, that "boss fight" against the mecha piranha.
I know, but I like the scenary of the minigame in particular, since it reminds me how the portal to Razorbeard's prison ship shows some stormy background and sounds.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...Sorry for the double post, but after looking this up, I found something I haven't seen myself and if anyone haven't either, well here you go.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
...Sorry for the double post, but after looking this up, I found something I haven't seen myself and if anyone haven't either, well here you go.

Looks amazing, probably that is kind of what R4 was going to be.
Picture_City_in_Rayman_4.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom