• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just for fun, here's Rayman 3's unused/beta power-up forms that someone found.

http://postimg.org/image/85v2z8reb/
Woah, Rayman 3's head with Rayman 2's hair and body... and platform shoes for some reason.

The powers look like they all functioned exactly the same for the most part, other than what looks like the Lockjaw prototype.

And that purple and yellow bug thing! That was one of the statues in the secret area in TLotLD, so it was just a scrapped enemy.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Just for fun, here's Rayman 3's unused/beta power-up forms that someone found.

http://postimg.org/image/85v2z8reb/
Nice! I love those pictures, the power-ups are the same in the last version, but with little changes obviously.

In the early versions of R3, Rayman was going to use the R2 model:

Also.. he had a yellow hoodie (?):

He had the moves from Rayman 2, like the "sliding technique":

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nice! I love those pictures, in the early versions of R3, Rayman was going to use the R2 model:

Also.. he had a yellow hoodie (?):

He had the moves from Rayman 2, like the "sliding technique":

The reasons for the Yellow hoodie is more than likely due to that misconception of Japan's viewpoint on the color purple. They did the same to his body color in R2.

I guess why the yellow hoodie was to match the blue body better or something. Still, I never saw those images of R3 Ray before, so thanks for sharing.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The reasons for the Yellow hoodie is more than likely due to that misconception of Japan's viewpoint on the color purple. They did the same to his body color in R2.

I guess why the yellow hoodie was to match the blue body better or something. Still, I never saw those images of R3 Ray before, so thanks for sharing.
Oh, I knew about the blue body in Japan, but never heard that the yellow hoodie could be to match the blue body better.. but then, those images I shared are from the Japanese version of R3?

I'm glad that the purple colour in Japan now represents the force and power.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh, I knew about the blue body in Japan, but never heard that the yellow hoodie could be to match the blue body better.. but then, those images I shared are from the Japanese version of R3?
Those images are just from the beta version of R3.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry for the late responce, I didn''t get alerted for some reason.

Idk for sure, as I never saw those images myself either. But I would only assume so...

AndreaAC

Sorry for the late responce, I didn''t get alerted for some reason.

Idk for sure, as I never saw those images myself either. But I would only assume so...
I saw them a long time ago in the RPC site. And the old cocept ideas for the power ups looked cool, but I'm glad R3 still got his respective hair.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I find big changes between R1-R2-R3's designs, I wonder if the R4's design would change a lot like the others.

(Although the cancelled R4 was going to use the R3's design.)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I saw them a long time ago in the RPC site. And the old cocept ideas for the power ups looked cool, but I'm glad R3 still got his respective hair.
Ok... I understand. That's kind of weird...but I agree about the hair stayed like it should be.

I find big changes between R1-R2-R3 dessigns, I wonder if the R4 dessign would change a lot like the others.
They kinda did. Rayman Origins/Legends....
But honestly, I rather they not change anymore, unless it's like the R3 design directly or very close to that one...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, but in my opinion it's not too different from the R3's design, maybe that design in 3D is better (and no, please, don't use the Rayman's trophy design).
Like I edited in my previous statement, I'd prefer a near exact of R3 Rayman design, maybe however the newer hair design so it looks less stiff but as colorful as it did look in the previous games...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I find big changes between R1-R2-R3's designs, I wonder if the R4's design would change a lot like the others.

(Although the cancelled R4 was going to use the R3's design.)
I bet they were going to stick with R3 since it was like a sequel...and well, if Ancel decided to actually make R4, probably it would be like the 3D RO/RL, which, by looking at the trophy, it doesn't look good in every angle, and the one from the commercial looks fine, but still.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I bet they were going to stick with R3 since it was like a sequel...and well, if Ancel decided to actually make R4, probably it would be like the 3D RO/RL, which, by looking at the trophy, it doesn't look good in every angle, and the one from the commercial looks fine, but still.
It's kinda hard to make something designed the way RO or RL Rayman is design, because it's very zanny and wacky in art style than in previous incarnations of him...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

It's kinda hard to make something designed the way RO or RL Rayman is design, because it's very zanny and wacky in art style than in previous incarnations of him...
And because it was made for 2D games, not 3D ones, and even if RO/RL could me the exaggerated expressions in 3D, that would feel wierd, I mean, R3 had some exaggerated ones, but not to the level of RO/RL.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And because it was made for 2D games, not 3D ones, and even if RO/RL could me the exaggerated expressions in 3D, that would feel wierd, I mean, R3 had some exaggerated ones, but not to the level of RO/RL.
That's how I felt...Even if from R1 Ray to R2 Ray, they redesigned him to look better (although I don't really like his render art version of him) but going into that, I still think his in game model actually looks more like R1 Ray with the big eyes and such, and doesn't look too bad to me, imo.

But when it comes to RO/RL Ray....It doesn't transfer over as well as it could because of how it's overall designed...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman's design is fine as it is, strikes the perfect balance between R2 and R3 imo.

I wouldn't mind losing the hoodie and going back to the scarf though.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys, I never posted here (I guess); but as you can see from my signature, I'm an enthusiastic of Rayman be in Smash. =);...and just taking advantage of my post: have ever heard about NitroRad?.. he's a YouTuber (not really big, but very competent), and he's currently doing an analysis of the Rayman Series (or at least, the classic trilogy, as it seems);.. he posted today his Rayman 2 review;.. I recommend to check. =);

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey guys, I never posted here (I guess); but as you can see from my signature, I'm an enthusiastic of Rayman be in Smash. =);...and just taking advantage of my post: have ever heard about NitroRad?.. he's a YouTuber (not really big, but very competent), and he's currently doing an analysis of the Rayman Series (or at least, the classic trilogy, as it seems);.. he posted today his Rayman 2 review;.. I recommend to check. =);
Thanks for sharing the video, and well, welcome to the Glade.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
No problem ^^.. I've been a bit busy working in things for Ryu's Thread, and trying to be frequent on K. Rool's thread as well... but, I'll post here whenever I can. =)
-- I'm cheering for the limbless hero. =)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No problem ^^.. I've been a bit busy working in things for Ryu's Thread, and trying to be frequent on K. Rool's thread as well... but, I'll post here whenever I can. =)
-- I'm cheering for the limbless hero. =)
Geez, this site and not updating my alerts... Sorry for the late reply.

And thanks again for the video, I really like what James here is talking about. :) I'm honestly liking R2 again from it's story even after playing a bit of R2 a while back even.

And no worries, as long as you support Rayman, that's all that matters. Enjoy your time in the others threads too. :)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Deal! =)
ah, and since I'm here... I'd like to show you guys something I made when the whole thing with the Omni hoax hit people;.. I got really sad, but after a while, just really embarassed to have been mad with it.. Was an overreaction, I admit..., but, in the end, this helped me to pay a tiny homage to Rayman fans. =)

Nothing too special, but I hope you guys like. =)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Deal! =)
ah, and since I'm here... I'd like to show you guys something I made when the whole thing with the Omni hoax hit people;.. I got really sad, but after a while, just really embarassed to have been mad with it.. Was an overreaction, I admit..., but, in the end, this helped me to pay a tiny homage to Rayman fans. =)

Nothing too special, but I hope you guys like. =)
It's really nice, I like it. :) Nice job, and thanks.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm back from school and I'm happy to announce that I have passed out 10 vote forms, which brings my total up to 118 potential votes.
Gotta say, I feel extremely satisfied with what I have accomplished. I thought I would only pass out 60, but now I'm nearly double that! I'll keep on fighting for Rayman.
#KeepOnFighting

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm back from school and I'm happy to announce that I have passed out 10 vote forms, which brings my total up to 118 potential votes.
Gotta say, I feel extremely satisfied with what I have accomplished. I thought I would only pass out 60, but now I'm nearly double that! I'll keep on fighting for Rayman.
#KeepOnFighting
Glad to hear.

AndreaAC

Nice drawing! The beta counterpart has the third hair from Rayman's 1 design (?).
Well, the other concepts looked more like R2, in the beta metal first form, he has those 3 spikes. ;3 thank you.
Bad

Love how they're gonna backhand eachother so bad. Also find it interesting how you modeled his beta nose to match rayman 2's, where it's rounder!
:3 Thank you! Glad you think so! and well, I tried to make it as acurate as the beta concept as possible!

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, the other concepts looked more like R2, in the beta metal first form, he has those 3 spikes. ;3 thank you.

:3 Thank you! Glad you think so! and well, I tried to make it as acurate as the beta concept as possible!
No problem!

I also find it interesting how you whip out these drawings really fast, but that's probably just me being really lazy about finishing my sketches.

AndreaAC

No problem!

I also find it interesting how you whip out these drawings really fast, but that's probably just me being really lazy about finishing my sketches.
xD I honestly don't know how much it took me, probably an hour and a half...=u= that's not fast. I was lazy about even starting it! so, you can do it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I may not speak for everyone, but it takes me hours to finish anything to that level of detail...But maybe I'm just slow and lazy.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, I may not speak for everyone, but it takes me hours to finish anything to that level of detail...But maybe I'm just slow and lazy.
Same here lol. I'm also really hesitant on adding things to drawings, which is probably why it takes days for me to finish mine.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Same here lol. I'm also really hesitant on adding things to drawings, which is probably why it takes days for me to finish mine.
I honestly know how you feel... especially when you think you're just half assing yourself by not adding much detail and stuff...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Do you remember the image that Andrea shared (that "baby" Globox)? Maybe you saw this photo but here is:

I see it and.. Tily is so creepy here..

AndreaAC

Do you remember the image that Andrea shared (that "baby" Globox)? Maybe you saw this photo but here is:

I see it and.. Tily is so creepy here..
o_0 But not as creepy as the artwork where her face remind me of Chucky's.

Top Bottom