• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Today was just as successful, as I passed out 9 vote forms. As of today, the number of potential votes for Rayman stands at 127.
Also, happy page 210 everyone!

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Make a chopper off your hair. Huh. Sounds like someone’s been eatin’ paint chips again.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , here's another somethin' for the OP, whenever you get around to it.

dunno how accurate the chopper effect is though, my little bro came over and thought he had an afro, lol. lemme know what you guys think!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Make a chopper off your hair. Huh. Sounds like someone’s been eatin’ paint chips again.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , here's another somethin' for the OP, whenever you get around to it.

dunno how accurate the chopper effect is though, my little bro came over and thought he had an afro, lol. lemme know what you guys think!
:D It looks cool! I like the dynamic perspective! And the copter effect is good, maybe a bit bigger but great!

louie g

Smash Journeyman
:D It looks cool! I like the dynamic perspective! And the copter effect is good, maybe a bit bigger but great!
Oh thanks man, that's great to hear! I love dynamic posing.

I could see the hair being bigger too though, also just now noticed that his hands are a little small, but oh well!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh thanks man, that's great to hear! I love dynamic posing.

I could see the hair being bigger too though, also just now noticed that his hands are a little small, but oh well!
xD That's something I wanna get better at myself! And well, you're right about the hands xD, but it still good! Nice job! I hope to see more from you soon. :3

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:3 Very cool pose you got there!

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot guys! I'll try to get some more out a lot quicker for sure.

Also there's something I've been wondering for a bit, relating to rayman's playstyle in smash, the most of us can agree that he'd be a long ranged melee fighter of sorts, but what do you guys think his meta game should be? Would he be defensive, and keep-away, or more aggressive and lock-down styled?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Also there's something I've been wondering for a bit, relating to rayman's playstyle in smash, the most of us can agree that he'd be a long ranged melee fighter of sorts, but what do you guys think his meta game should be? Would he be defensive, and keep-away, or more aggressive and lock-down styled?
Well, I'm not fully into that territory of details in Smash mechanics and such, but in the games (R2 and R3), imo he seemed more locked on and (well, how I played R3) more aggressive kind of fighter.

AndreaAC

:3 No problem! Good luck with your next drawings! ...and about the "meta" game, I have no idea what that is... =u= sorry.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm not fully into that territory of details in Smash mechanics and such, but in the games (R2 and R3), imo he seemed more locked on and (well, how I played R3) more aggressive kind of fighter.
I agree! The reason why I asked is 'cause people see long ranged as more of duck hunt's territory, where it's more projectile oriented, and less approach.

I hope they do something that's similar to the likes of donkey kong, where as long as both opponents are bumping heads, rayman will just inch out his enemy with his ranged attacks, that'd be cool!

(I play a lot of donkey kong, so I might be a little biased there, lol.)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I agree! The reason why I asked is 'cause people see long ranged as more of duck hunt's territory, where it's more projectile oriented, and less approach.

I hope they do something that's similar to the likes of donkey kong, where as long as both opponents are bumping heads, rayman will just inch out his enemy with his ranged attacks, that'd be cool!

(I play a lot of donkey kong, so I might be a little biased there, lol.)
It sounds like I good idea to me. :) I like that. xD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

If he were to have an Origins/Legends style moveset, I could see him being a hit and run kind of character. Do your attacks and run away before the opponent attacks back.

Also, in regards to the Facebook group, if anyone has any knowledge on how to run a good group, please let me know. The page is honestly becoming a bit of a ghost town.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

random doodles that you guys might enjoy
Neat!

I think he'd be a rushdown character, similar to Mario & Luigi, but faster and with more range.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Are there any other places to try as well? Just to be sure?
We can also try making a hashtag on Twitter. I'll get on that.

Jeez, that's awesome! This is Bleedman levels of awesome. Good work!
EDIT: If anyone can make promotional images, that'd be really good. Spread the word!
#Rayman4Smash

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
James is going to be very busy today.

RaySketches.png

Here's some sketches of Ray in R2, R3, and RO/L styles, Origins Ray designed with his classic handkerchief since James brought that up. Honestly, it's not too bad like that. But anyways, hope you like it.

And of course, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux could you add this to the OP? Thank you kindly.

AndreaAC

View attachment 49712
Here's some sketches of Ray in R2, R3, and RO/L styles, Origins Ray designed with his classic handkerchief since James brought that up. Honestly, it's not too bad like that. But anyways, hope you like it.

And of course, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux could you add this to the OP? Thank you kindly.
Excellent sketches. :3

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

View attachment 49712

Yay, finally a Rayman 2 drawing, good work, nice sketches!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm going to strangle you guys.

I saw mentions of Bleedman, seems a bit strange to bring up here.

I'll get to updating eventually.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, hehe, I could draw R2 as well, but I got too used to drawing R3 for a really long time. :)
And not to brag, but Andrea could draw R2 Ray way better than me, just saying. xD But I hope to see more of that Ray more from time to time too Andrea. I'll try to do that as well.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Wait a second, what the hell? I'm not an Electoon Of The Glade! James, fix. pls.

thank.

Anyways, I'd like to contribute to the OP by submitting my moveset for Rayman I made in the heyday of Miiverse. Here it is!

The only thing I'd change about this is to change his victory theme to his Rayman M victory theme.
Oh, and the spelling errors. Dear god, the spelling errors.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Oh, hehe, I could draw R2 as well, but I got too used to drawing R3 for a really long time. :)
I'd like to see a R2 drawing from you if you want to do of course. My favorite design is the Rayman 3, but I´m very fond of the R2's design since is my favorite Rayman game.

Top Bottom