• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'd like to see a R2 drawing from you if you want to do of course. My favorite design is the Rayman 3, but I´m very fond of the R2's design since is my favorite Rayman game.
:3 Oh, of course, just let me finish some chores and stuff, and I will see what I can come up with for you.

AndreaAC

In Europe is "The Blue Bomber".

:O Amazing! I love it! Seriously, nice work Andrea and thanks for doing it! I love it! :love:
^u^ Yay, glad you liked it! :3 And no problem! I had a lot of fun drawing it!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Anyone know any Rayman fan games? I've been looking for finished ones or playable ones, but I haven't been able to find any. ._.
This is the only one I'm aware of.

As far as I know, there aren't really any that people have made. But I think this one has a alpha version available, I think...

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
This is the only one I'm aware of.

As far as I know, there aren't really any that people have made. But I think this one has a alpha version available, I think...
That one, sadly, only has a stresstest.
I'm really itching for some sort of traditional 3D platformer right now. Why isn't Yooka-Laylee out yet ;~;

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
If he were to have an Origins/Legends style moveset, I could see him being a hit and run kind of character. Do your attacks and run away before the opponent attacks back.

Also, in regards to the Facebook group, if anyone has any knowledge on how to run a good group, please let me know. The page is honestly becoming a bit of a ghost town.
Oh yeah, I'd be down with this, could totally see him in a captian falcon-esque style, where he runs fast, and hits hard. Have his attacks linear and limber, with a little bit of windup, so that you can time hits juuuust right as you pass an opponent, he'd be a slick character that way.

(also sorry about the late reply)

louie g

Smash Journeyman
We can also try making a hashtag on Twitter. I'll get on that.

Jeez, that's awesome! This is Bleedman levels of awesome. Good work!
EDIT: If anyone can make promotional images, that'd be really good. Spread the word!
#Rayman4Smash
Sorry to bump the thread again, but holy crap man! That's really flattering of you dude, you have no idea how much I appreciate that! Awesome.

Also completely missed out on your guys' art posts, like I said earlier, we've got some talent in here that few threads have! I love looking forward to what you guys post.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry to bump the thread again, but holy crap man! That's really flattering of you dude, you have no idea how much I appreciate that! Awesome.

Also completely missed out on your guys' art posts, like I said earlier, we've got some talent in here that few threads have! I love looking forward to what you guys post.
Thanks, same to you too pal. :) Yep, we got some great artists here in this thread, that's pretty cool to see happen.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

>U< Thank you! same for you! >u> good thing that I decided to use my drawing madness for Rayman now instead of Ridley....

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

No problem dood, you deserve it for making awesome artwork like that.
I love it! Thank you for making this!
One last request, if you can, can ya make Groovy Ray as well (otherwise known has Rayman Raving Rabbids' disco outfit)?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

No problem dood, you deserve it for making awesome artwork like that.

I love it! Thank you for making this!
One last request, if you can, can ya make Groovy Ray as well (otherwise known has Rayman Raving Rabbids' disco outfit)?
:) No problem, glad you liked it! and of course, I will see what I can do.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Which music do you think, would be the victory theme of Rayman?

I like these 3:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Which music do you think, would be the victory theme of Rayman?

I like these 3:

I like the first and second the most, but, if Rayman gets in Smash, probably he will be based on RL/RO, so the third one I guess would be used, or something similar to it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pac-Man and Mega Man are totally retro so I would bet on Rayman 1's level clear tune.

There will be some sort of classic nods, even Sonic has his old jump sound like Mario.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pac-Man and Mega Man are totally retro so I would bet on Rayman 1's level clear tune.

There will be some sort of classic nods, even Sonic has his old jump sound like Mario.
It makes you wonder why does Sonic has his Sonic 06 Fanfare still from Brawl instead of something more similar to Sonic 1... But, oh well, maybe so. But I wouldn't be surprised if they just used Origins/Legends.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Do you know if the #TBT of Rayman has ended? Because they didn't show any #TBT RaymanRetro yesterday.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I want that to be an alternate costume soooo bad. But knowing how they handle 3rd party character's alts it probably won't happen.
Yeah, they wouldn't get so "fancy' with his alts like they did with the Villager. >_> so, just recolors that probably would resemble his Rayman 3 powerups and dark Rayman or something.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, they wouldn't get so "fancy' with his alts like they did with the Villager. >_> so, just recolors that probably would resemble his Rayman 3 powerups and dark Rayman or something.
That'd be fine. Mega Man's alts are actually references to his games, so I'd expect Rayman to get the same treatment.
Unless, of course, they just get lazy and Pac-Man him.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
"Hey Sakurai, how about we just change the color of his gloves and call it a day."
"Great idea!"
They didn't even change his gloves, they just stuck sleeves and those boot wings on him.

I like the alt with the dark socks at least.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They didn't even change his gloves, they just stuck sleeves and those boot wings on him.

I like the alt with the dark socks at least.
I know, I was just saying that's what would probably happen to Rayman if they went that route. Seriously, Pac-Man had a lot of potential for some cool alts and they just do that?

And yeah, I like the socks alt.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I prefer the Funky Rayman from Legends:

Also, I think it's so hard to see this as an alt. I'm fine if they put the R3 powerups, Raymesis and Dark Rayman. (Like in the OP).

Top Bottom