• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So uh, the keychain thing reminded me of something I made when I was 11 (I think)

You can't see it, but he actually has a mouth, on the second pic there's a little smirk.

Was super desperate to have a rayman action figure of some sort when I was younger, so I just took some clay, molded it, stuck some metal bars in for his limbs, made him T posed for some reason, and then painted him!

Recently when I found it, it looks like someone dropped it, can't find his other piece of hair anywhere, and that red thing in the second pic is his hoodie. It's pretty depressing to look at but I've never shared this with anyone else so I thought I'd put it here. I'm also surprised my younger self even pulled this off though.
Aww, sorry to hear about what happen to it, but it's still pretty cool. :3 Wish I did one when I was younger.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
My moveset is now updated with throws and head icons, so could I ask for it to be updated in the OP @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux please?

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Hey guys, I just threw together a CSS with Rayman and...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Replace "world domination" for "Rayman in Smash".

Rayman confirmed.
I've said this before, but I love how much the Rayman Twitter account is interactive with the fans.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Replace "world domination" for "Rayman in Smash".

Rayman confirmed.
I dunno, with that supposed leak that came out that got everyone going nuts, it was fake, and Ubisoft did say that Rayman is not playable. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but if they were not working on Rayman in Smash before, I am sure they aren't working on him right now. So I would not really get my hopes up.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Remind me - When the Rayman Twitter account Raymanifies a retro game, is that on a weekly basis?
So far their Raymanifications are:
Ghosts n' Goblins
Kid Icarus
Luigi's Mansion and
Kirby's Adventure. 3 consecutive Nintendo games in a row, but we'll see if their next Raymanification is another Nintendo game or not.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Remind me - When the Rayman Twitter account Raymanifies a retro game, is that on a weekly basis?
Ghosts n' Goblins
Kid Icarus
Luigi's Mansion and
Kirby's Adventure. 3 consecutive Nintendo games in a row, but we'll see if their next Raymanification is another Nintendo game or not.
From what I gather, they do that on a Throwback Thursday, so we should see one next week.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Ghosts n' Goblins
Kid Icarus
Luigi's Mansion and
I'd like a donkey kong country one, with Rayman as DK and globox wearing a commediacly tight Diddy shirt and cap

louie g

Smash Journeyman
They for sure need to have an F-Zero one, and have rayman do a falcon punch.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
They for sure need to have an F-Zero one, and have rayman do a falcon punch.
Not sure if it is feasible... I believe Captain Falcon is never seen outside of a vehicle in F-Zero games. Well, unless they Raymanify the scene from the anime against Black Shadow.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it is feasible... I believe Captain Falcon is never seen outside of a vehicle in F-Zero games. Well, unless they Raymanify the scene from the anime against Black Shadow.
It'd be a great shoutout to smash though, I mean, both falcon and rayman are notorious for punching things!

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Rayman's 20th birthday is on Sept. 1st....
MGS V is releasing on Sept. 1st....
Both Rayman and Snake are highly wanted for DLC...
A DLC pack featuring these two characters will release on that day.
Oh, how I wish it was true.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry for the double post, but I found an interesting interview with Sakurai:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/2...ayable-in-smash-bros-if-he-were-better-known/
What do you guys think of it?
I heard of this earlier already, and my thoughts are just how they were when I first saw him as a AT for the first time. I figured for such a obscure character (that people seemed to have wanted to see playable) to end up as an AT over a simple trophy, I figured he may have been planned possibly playable at first...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry for the double post, but I found an interesting interview with Sakurai:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/2...ayable-in-smash-bros-if-he-were-better-known/
What do you guys think of it?
I find it kind of odd, given that Marth and Roy made it into Melee even though their series never made it outside of Japan, and Pit was added to Brawl even though only the first Kid Icarus game was released in Japan at the time (which means that Japan hadn't had a KI game in a similar time frame as Takamaru's game; Of Myths and Monsters never made it to Japan, which seems to mean that it's treated as though it doesn't exist as far as Smash Bros. is concerned).

Smash Bros. makes it so characters who would otherwise be obscure become better known, so it seems weird that they'd pass up an opportunity to do that again.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I heard of this earlier already, and my thoughts are just how they were when I first saw him as a AT for the first time. I figured for such a obscure character (that people seemed to have wanted to see playable) to end up as an AT over a simple trophy, I figured he may have been planned possibly playable at first...
It's an unfortunate catch-22 situation for him, sadly.
Let's just be thankful that Rayman is well known among the masses.

Top Bottom