• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm going to be honest with you:
My initial reaction to the Smash 4 newcomers wasn't as positive as my reaction to the Brawl newcomers.

I mean, my most wanted character during the Brawl days was without a doubt Sonic. To this day, I still can't believe that Sakurai caved in and made him a fighter due to how much demand there was for him. The fact that Pikachu can now duke it out with Sonic was surreal, which made just about every newcomer icing on the cake.

I didn't get that feeling in Smash 4. Sure, having Sonic back was cool and the fact that Mewtwo is going to be added back sweetened the deal, but there's one problem:
These characters have already appeared in a Smash game.

As for the newcomers, most of them were either oddball or to the point where I didn't even care about them ( looking at you, Palutena). I mean, Shulk was a very cool addition, Mega Man has grown on me, and Pac-Man has ended up being one of my mains.

Despite that, there wasn't a character that got in in which I really wanted them. I didn't get a sense of "Wow!". I was outraged by the lack of a DK newcomer and I would've taken Snake over Mega Man in a heartbeat, even if I do like to play as him.

That's why I was so heartbroken that the Rayman leak was fake. You see, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie were my most wanted newcomers, but Rayman was my most wanted impossible newcomer. So to be treated with the news that the leak was fake was a tough pill to swallow.

I mean, if they just added Rayman and ONLY him, I wouldn't even care about the likes of K. Rool and Ridley getting in. If that leak was real, Smash 4 would have been redeemed to me just for the sole purpose that he was added. And with the leak being fake, I didn't want to waste a huge opportunity for him to get in, so I decided to join Smashboards just so I could fight for his inclusion.

And believe it or not, Smash 4 is his best chance to become a fighter. He's got a trophy, so Sakurai can't really make the excuse that his model would have to built from the ground up.

With our voices combined, let's make his inclusion into Smash a reality.
#KeepOnFighting

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm going to be honest with you:
My initial reaction to the Smash 4 newcomers wasn't as positive as my reaction to the Brawl newcomers.

I mean, my most wanted character during the Brawl days was without a doubt Sonic. To this day, I still can't believe that Sakurai caved in and made him a fighter due to how much demand there was for him. The fact that Pikachu can now duke it out with Sonic was surreal, which made just about every newcomer icing on the cake.

I didn't get that feeling in Smash 4. Sure, having Sonic back was cool and the fact that Mewtwo is going to be added back sweetened the deal, but there's one problem:
These characters have already appeared in a Smash game.

As for the newcomers, most of them were either oddball or to the point where I didn't even care about them ( looking at you, Palutena). I mean, Shulk was a very cool addition, Mega Man has grown on me, and Pac-Man has ended up being one of my mains.

Despite that, there wasn't a character that got in in which I really wanted them. I didn't get a sense of "Wow!". I was outraged by the lack of a DK newcomer and I would've taken Snake over Mega Man in a heartbeat, even if I do like to play as him.

That's why I was so heartbroken that the Rayman leak was fake. You see, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie were my most wanted newcomers, but Rayman was my most wanted impossible newcomer. So to be treated with the news that the leak was fake was a tough pill to swallow.

I mean, if they just added Rayman and ONLY him, I wouldn't even care about the likes of K. Rool and Ridley getting in. If that leak was real, Smash 4 would have been redeemed to me just for the sole purpose that he was added. And with the leak being fake, I didn't want to waste a huge opportunity for him to get in, so I decided to join Smashboards just so I could fight for his inclusion.

And believe it or not, Smash 4 is his best chance to become a fighter. He's got a trophy, so Sakurai can't really make the excuse that his model would have to built from the ground up.

With our voices combined, let's make his inclusion into Smash a reality.
#KeepOnFighting
I think the same. I loved Pacman, it impressed me. I knew it was going to be added because Namco was helping in the game, but when I saw the trailer of Pacman.. omg, it surprised me, I loved it, and is one of my mains.

The other newcomers are good for me, but not impressed me like the Brawl's newcomers.. the first time I saw Sonic I thought it was fake. I mean.. Sonic in a Nintendo game? (Those times) and of course Snake.. I loved both of them.

When I saw the Rayman leak, that made me very happy, seriously Rayman is one of my favourite characters, it is an iconic videogame characters along with Mario, Sonic, Pacman and Megaman (for me). The day they showed it was fake I felt a great emptiness inside me.

I have lots of hopes to see Rayman in this Smash.. I don't know why.. if he doesn't enter in the game It will make me sad, but I don't lose the hopes, whatever happens, I think Rayman is going to be in it.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Again:
Roy was a one time (two if you include his appearance in 7) character.
Pit was in 2 games prior (3 if you include Melee trophy)
Roy's actually in 3 games; he's also appeared in Awakening DLC.

But Roy isn't Rayman. :p I'd be fine seeing him in as DLC, but there are characters with far higher priority than him (K.Rool, cut veterans and other newcomers).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Roy's actually in 3 games; he's also appeared in Awakening DLC.

But Roy isn't Rayman. :p I'd be fine seeing him in as DLC, but there are characters with far higher priority than him (K.Rool, cut veterans and other newcomers).
I'm talking prior to his first Smash appearance.
I doubt he'd return due to being the worst Lord in the series.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think the same. I loved Pacman, it impressed me. I knew it was going to be added because Namco was helping in the game, but when I saw the trailer of Pacman.. omg, it surprised me, I loved it, and is one of my mains.

The other newcomers are good for me, but not impressed me like the Brawl's newcomers.. the first time I saw Sonic I thought it was fake. I mean.. Sonic in a Nintendo game? (Those times) and of course Snake.. I loved both of them.

When I saw the Rayman leak, that made me very happy, seriously Rayman is one of my favourite characters, it is an iconic videogame characters along with Mario, Sonic, Pacman and Megaman (for me). The day they showed it was fake I felt a great emptiness inside me.

I have lots of hopes to see Rayman in this Smash.. I don't know why.. if he doesn't enter in the game It will make me sad, but I don't lose the hopes, whatever happens, I think Rayman is going to be in it.

Yeah. I agree with everything that you said.

However, I really don't get why we should have to wait 5-6 years for more newcomers when you can just add then via DLC. I mean, Mewtwo was extremely lucky and got selected to be the first character DLC. Why can't this apply to other characters?

Plus, I don't know about you, but I don't think Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, and Villager were exactly the most highly requested characters. When you think about it, if they were sold as DLC, they wouldn't sell as well as, say, Ridley and Rayman.

I really hope that was the reason why they weren't included. If Sakurai truly wants Smash 4 to be the best character driven fighting game and this is his last Smash game, he'e's going to have to pull all of the stops for DLC if he wants to finish his supposed last installment with a bang.

Also, yay for 140 pages!:colorful:

Last edited:

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
A few images that I make to this treath:
[/ spoiler]
[/ spoiler]

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ahah, love the promotion art. Especially with the way how Mega Man is drawn, it respects the UbiArt Framework Rayman style so well.

Though I find this introduction tagline to be rather boring and generic, especially after Little Mac already getting "Punches In!". Not to mention "Into The Battle!" is quite possibly the most generic way to give a tagline to a character. My ideal Rayman tagline would probably be something like "Rayman Lands On The Battlefield!" which I think is much better if only because it highlight better one of Rayman's most defining traits (his helicopter hair).

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/interview-director-michel-ancel-talks-rayman-legends
I really hope this quote from Ancel has some meaning to Rayman's future in Smash.
GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ***?

MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)
Even two years after the interview, this statement still makes me curious.
*cough* poor OP *cough*

It is pretty strange to say it. Maybe he tried to ask like Kojima but Sakurai doesn't like Ancel as much as Kojima and refused his favor

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/interview-director-michel-ancel-talks-rayman-legends
I really hope this quote from Ancel has some meaning to Rayman's future in Smash.
GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ***?

MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)
Even two years after the interview, this statement still makes me curious.
I would like to think that he was refering to Smash but maybe he was refering to the sales.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 43979

xD I had to make another one.
Good job with this, I'm quite suprised to see this. xD Makes me think of Sonic Lost Worlds LoZ DLC, The LoZ Zone with Sonic in Links outfit.

:3 Nice, looks really nice. xD

Oh and for those who are wondering about the auto spoiler tags, make sure you say "[ /spoiler ]" before you post a comment when you use "[ spoiler ]" first. Otherwise, when someone else replies to your post, their comments also get spoilered.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Opps. The pictures weren't uploaded correctly.

Do you guys know how to post pictures from the gallery on your phone?

I created something, but I can't seem to upload it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Opps. The pictures weren't uploaded correctly.

Do you guys know how to post pictures from the gallery on your phone?

I created something, but I can't seem to upload it.
Create an imgur account, upload to there, link from there. Done.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If I can't get my 3DS mockup image that I finished awhile back on my 3DS then I guess I'll just have to post the raw image itself, which honestly makes it look worse imo.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Couldn't you take a picture of the screenshot on your phone and use that?
Well the point of it being on a 3DS is to capture a sense of realism, like he's actually in the game and I'm just casually taking a picture of it, and it always makes any image look better if it's distorted a bit after all.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well the point of it being on a 3DS is to capture a sense of realism, like he's actually in the game and I'm just casually taking a picture of it, and it always makes any image look better if it's distorted a bit after all.
I'm not sure if its hard to do (I barely have experience in Photoshop), but couldn't you put the picture you took with your phone on the 3DS with Photoshop?

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I'm not sure if its hard to do (I barely have experience in Photoshop), but couldn't you put the picture you took with your phone on the 3DS with Photoshop?
I thought of that, but I don't have Photoshop or any editing program good enough for that.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So how did you edit the Wii U one? Just out of curiosity
I brought the image up on the Wii U through the internet browser like every other "fake" image I've ever made, but for some reason the 3DS internet browser just doesn't want to do that.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Rayman's reaction to his Amiibo.
You know, if that was an actual amiibo, I bet someone could take his hands and head out if they tried hard enough.
Come to think of it, that could also be said for the Luma in the Rosalina amiibo.

I mean, Rayman's head, body, and hands are quite literally floating there, with the poles keeping them from actually doing so.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Well... this is an interesting piece of art.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, what did Sakurai mean when he said that Mewtwo was meant to test the waters for DLC? Is he talking about how many people buy it with their own money, or is he talking about how many people would buy Smash just for Mewtwo?

Like, should we spend our money on Mewtwo instead of using the download codes to show how much we want DLC?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, what did Sakurai mean when he said that Mewtwo was meant to test the waters for DLC? Is he talking about how many people buy it with their own money, or is he talking about how many people would buy Smash just for Mewtwo?

Like, should we spend our money on Mewtwo instead of using the download codes to show how much we want DLC?
I believe he meant as in is DLC a good idea

Top Bottom