• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So, what did Sakurai mean when he said that Mewtwo was meant to test the waters for DLC? Is he talking about how many people buy it with their own money, or is he talking about how many people would buy Smash just for Mewtwo?

Like, should we spend our money on Mewtwo instead of using the download codes to show how much we want DLC?
I thought it was just to say he's just to test if things from both sides, the consumers buying the DLC to high enough money income and the business being capable to handle having more DLC content with other things like Amiibo's working out as well, or something...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Do you think that mewtwo is coming with some upgrade to the game or a level or something new? I mean, it's been so long since they said Mewtwo was going to be in smash.

Also, didn't sakurai say that Mewtwo was the only DLC he was going to do?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, what did Sakurai mean when he said that Mewtwo was meant to test the waters for DLC? Is he talking about how many people buy it with their own money, or is he talking about how many people would buy Smash just for Mewtwo?

Like, should we spend our money on Mewtwo instead of using the download codes to show how much we want DLC?
I think if that were the case, they wouldn't make Mewtwo free at all.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you think that mewtwo is coming with some upgrade to the game or a level or something new? I mean, it's been so long since they said Mewtwo was going to be in smash.

Also, didn't sakurai say that Mewtwo was the only DLC he was going to do?
Chances are he may be revamped to some degree, to improve on him that might not have been balanced well back in Melee, but not sure what or how, really.

And as for that, I believe this is likely true, but it's not certain if DLC will be impendant to his feedback on it, other then approval I guess, as the Smash Team would most likely handle any DLC they make.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I thought it was just to say he's just to test if things from both sides, the consumers buying the DLC to high enough money income and the business being capable to handle having more DLC content with other things like Amiibo's working out as well, or something...
Well, it's not like the DLC has to be restocked to meet demand. I mean, unlike Amiibos, this is downloadable, so people can choose to buy the character whenever they like.;)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's time to celebrate the 141st page on this thread!

Now, why am I doing such a thing? I mean, I could've just waited till the 150th page to do so. However, I've got a very good reason:

On page 41 of this thread, Game and Guy brought to light the ArtsyOmni leak.
In case you haven't realized, this occurred 100 pages ago.

Let that sink in. Who would've thought that such a thing would cause an underdog thread to skyrocket to great numbers such as 141? And to the point where over 300 members were viewing this thread at the time? To say we had experienced an increase in popularity is an understatement to begin with. That leak has singlehandedly revived interest in Rayman.

Although the leaker managed to fool two entire communities, the impact had already been inflicted on Rayman; people began to become accustomed to the idea of him being a fighter and decided to support, people (including me) signed up for Smashboards just so they could voice their support for him, and people finally realized that he WAS big enough to be in Smash.

ArtsyOmni may have destroyed the dream that many people had shared, but you could also say he's our savior, because let's face it;
Because of this leak, Ubisoft and Xander Mobus now know that there is high demand for Rayman to be DLC.

And that could only mean good things for our limbless hero.
As I bid you guys a good night, remember our origins as a small thread that supported what was an impossible third party character.
Now, he doesn't seem so impossible.
Good night, and I wish you guys the best of luck.
#KeepOnFighting

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Now, why am I doing such a thing? I mean, I could've just waited till the 150th page to do so. However, I've got a very good reason:

Let that sink in. Who would've thought that such a thing would cause an underdog thread to skyrocket to great numbers such as 141? And to the point where over 300 members were viewing this thread at the time? To say we had experienced an increase in popularity is an understatement to begin with. That leak has singlehandedly revived interest in Rayman.

Although the leaker managed to fool two entire communities, the impact had already been inflicted on Rayman; people began to become accustomed to the idea of him being and decided to support, people (including me) signed up for Smashboards just so they could voice their support for him, and people finally realized that he WAS big enough to be in Smash.

ArtsyOmni may have destroyed the dream that many people had shared, but you could also say he's our savior, because let's face it;
Because of this leak, Ubisoft and Xander Mobus now know that there is high demand for Rayman to be DLC.

As I bid you guys a good night, remember our origins as a small thread that supported what was an impossible third party character.
#KeepOnFighting
Indeed.

And well, good night to you as well, see you soon. :)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Indeed.

And well, good night to you as well, see you soon. :)
Good night. See you tomorrow.
One more thing, however;
We're five pages away from having the same amount of pages as the Snake thread.

I bet that would have NEVER happened back in the Smash 4 speculation days, since Legends went multiplatform and he was made a trophy.

Boy, how the times have changed. That leak was the big break Rayman NEEDED. In fact, I'll even go as far as saying It'll help him get in Smash since it gave him so much publicity.

But anyway, good night, guys. Time to get some sleep.:tired:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The way to get him for free is having both copies, that means even more money
Well, it's still techinally a free character, even though you have to buy both versions.

Although the leaker managed to fool two entire communities, the impact had already been inflicted on Rayman; people began to become accustomed to the idea of him being and decided to support, people (including me) signed up for Smashboards just so they could voice their support for him, and people finally realized that he WAS big enough to be in Smash.

#KeepOnFighting
I can't believe that it's been a little over a month since the fake leak. It only seems like yesterday that we had our dreams crushed the fake leak was made.
It's amazing how far this thread came and all the new supporters we got. Rayman has gone from a pipe dream to having a legitimate chance.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My interpretation of Sakurai's non-answer is that Mewtwo is all that's planned, but he knows slamming the door on the idea of future DLC would be a terrible business decision. So he has to at least let the possibility remain open for marketing purposes - as it stands, it's all up in the air, and it could go either way.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's always hope that he's secretly working on more than just Mewtwo. I wouldn't bank on it, but it's a possibility. Mewtwo is taking quite a long time, bar that BS about characters taking a year to make (Smash 4 confirmed 50+ years in the making).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
There's always hope that he's secretly working on more than just Mewtwo. I wouldn't bank on it, but it's a possibility. Mewtwo is taking quite a long time, bar that BS about characters taking a year to make (Smash 4 confirmed 50+ years in the making).
I have the same thoughts that there could be another character in the works. But I'd feel a cut veteran would be a more likely 2nd DLC character, if anything. I highly doubt for an newcomer, as of now...

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I visited smashboards lots of times, but I registered when I found this post to support Rayman.

I'm so glad that I found this post.

Congrats for the 141st page.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I must admit too, that we Residents of the Glade have come far since the early days. In fact - by page 6, they're discussing Robin and Lucina, and that was almost a year ago...! :eek:

But we've grown since then, and to an astonishing degree. It's amazing.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
bar that BS about characters taking a year to make (Smash 4 confirmed 50+ years in the making).
To be fair, that could still be the case, they just have multiple people working on multiple characters at the same time, which makes the process quicker.
I must admit too, that we Residents of the Glade have come far since the early days. In fact - by page 6, they're discussing Robin and Lucina, and that was almost a year ago...! :eek:

But we've grown since then, and to an astonishing degree. It's amazing.
I completely forgot this thread was a ghost town at that time, we really have come far.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If it weren't for this video, which was created by SuperLittleTY, I don't think I would be here right now supporting Rayman:
It helped me realize that I shouldn't just view this thread as a guest: it reminded to support Rayman as a member of the community. Also, in case you hadn't noticed, the phrase "#KeepOnFighting" came from this video. I decided to use this because not only did it boost my morale, but it also boosted this thread as a whole.

As we are celebrating the 141st page of this thread, we will be walking a path that will be full of ups and downs. It really makes you wonder where Rayman will be at, say, page 241. Will he be confirmed? Deconfirmed? Still a trophy? These coming months will be very exciting for us. I mean, even Ubisoft is trying to get Nintendo's attention with their Raymanified series. But even though they have made some dumb mistakes in the past, I'll just say this:
If they convince Nintendo that having Rayman in Smash is a good idea, we should applaud them for making the dreams of many fans come true.

Good night, guys. I'm so anxious to see what Ubisoft will have in store for us tomorrow.
Until then:
#KeepOnFighting

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If it weren't for this video, which was created by SuperLittleTY, I don't think I would be here right now supporting Rayman:
It helped me realize that I shouldn't just view this thread as a guest: it reminded to support Rayman as a member of the community. Also, in case you hadn't noticed, the phrase "#KeepOnFighting" came from this video. I decided to use this because not only did it boost my morale, but it also boosted this thread as a whole.

As we are celebrating the 141st page of this thread, we will be walking a path that will be full of ups and downs. It really makes you wonder where Rayman will be at, say, page 241. Will he be confirmed? Deconfirmed? Still a trophy? These coming months will be very exciting for us. I mean, even Ubisoft is trying to get Nintendo's attention with their Raymanified series. But even though they have made some dumb mistakes in the past, I'll just say this:
If they convince Nintendo that having Rayman in Smash is a good idea, we should applaud them for making the dreams of many fans come true.

Good night, guys. I'm so anxious to see what Ubisoft will have in store for us tomorrow.
Until then:
#KeepOnFighting
Good night, and take care.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
It's funny, I joined the smash boards to hang around the luigi boards, since he was a really underrated character, and I love underrated characters. Recently though a guy named Boss started unlocking his true potential, and now he's considered "high tier" and became really popular.

It made me drift off of the boards a bit, but then the rayman leak happened, and it reminded me of how, since I was a kid, I've wanted the rayman in smash since brawl. Now I pretty much hang around here with my new found nostalgia. Omni, you're beautiful man.

Let's hope there'll be a raymanified pic that'll top the rest.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's funny, I joined the smash boards to hang around the luigi boards, since he was a really underrated character, and I love underrated characters. Recently though a guy named Boss started unlocking his true potential, and now he's considered "high tier" and became really popular.

It made me drift off of the boards a bit, but then the rayman leak happened, and it reminded me of how, since I was a kid, I've wanted the rayman in smash since brawl. Now I pretty much hang around here with my new found nostalgia. Omni, you're beautiful man.

Let's hope there'll be a raymanified pic that'll top the rest.
>u> You know, I was going to ask for suggestions to do other of those Raymanfied characters if I got some free time. :3

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>u> You know, I was going to ask for suggestions to do other of those Raymanfied characters if I got some free time. :3
Like what you'd draw, like before? I'd like to see Samus/Metroid, honestly. That's only if you can or want to.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Like what you'd draw, like before? I'd like to see Samus/Metroid, honestly. That's only if you can or want to.
xD I just imagined Rayman's nose being too big to fit into the helmet...Well, that's one suggestion, hopefully I will get the free time and motivation to draw it.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Dude, the last drawing with link was great.

The metroid idea sounds cool enough for me, I can't really think of anyone lol. Little mac would fit rayman like a glove, but that's pretty basic. Good luck with whatever you come up with!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Even if he doesn't get in SSB4 (and I think his inclusion is inevitable given that he's at the very least as popular as Mega Man and Pac-Man as well as being a potential cash cow for SSB4 DLC), he will certainly be in its rewrite.

This post is intentionally vague.

EDIT: Happy 141st!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Dude, the last drawing with link was great.

The metroid idea sounds cool enough for me, I can't really think of anyone lol. Little mac would fit rayman like a glove, but that's pretty basic. Good luck with whatever you come up with!
:) Thank you! I had fun drawing both Ray Falcon and Link. if you or other member have a suggestion, just tell me, and I may not be able to draw every one right away, but I will try to do my best.

>u> And I'm a girl...

louie g

Smash Journeyman
:) Thank you! I had fun drawing both Ray Falcon and Link. if you or other member have a suggestion, just tell me, and I may not be able to draw every one right away, but I will try to do my best.

>u> And I'm a girl...
sorry about that!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Until then:
#KeepOnFighting
Thank you for showing that video, I was down in the dumps when the leak was revealed to be fake, but when I saw that video the same day, it made me feel a lot better. It was exactly the morale booster I needed at that time.
I would like to see a Raymanified Donkey Kong, if you have the time.

AndreaAC

Thank you for showing that video, I was down in the dumps when the leak was revealed to be fake, but when I saw that video the same day, it made me feel a lot better. It was exactly the morale booster I needed at that time.

I would like to see a Raymanified Donkey Kong, if you have the time.
:o Oh, a thing about that, it would be Ray dressed as DK, right? because that also gives the idea DK with a floating limbless body.

Top Bottom