• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate YOUR ZSS.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
First off, I am going to say that the idea was taken from mikeb2010 of the Ike boards.

How would you rate your ZSS. Don't rate her as a character. Rate her as how good you play her. Please give explanation.

1 being lowest.
10 being highest.

For me, I would say 6.5-7-ish. I haven't really mastered her to where I can come up with my own strategies, but I would say I am definatly above average.

EDIT: Scale goes like this. Thanks to NeoZero for making scale.

9-10 : High placings in tournament; perfected just about everything imaginable
7-8 : Decent placings in tournaments; has an advanced grasp of most things ZSS
5-6 : Your "average" player; can participate in tournaments but doesn't do very well
3-4 : A rookie player; many mistakes are present in his (or hers) fighting style; still has a long way to go
1-2 : Some random drunk dude that picked up a controller and has never in his life heard or played Smash

risemix

Smash Apprentice
5. Friends say I'm going to be pretty good once I stop screwing up glide toss.

Valour

Smash Rookie
I would say I'm about 4-5ish, give or take a few decimals. I still have much to learn.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
6-7, personally. Of course, I'm slightly insulated by the NC scene, and very few of us are really strong on a national level here, so I might be overrating myself.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
7-9, depending on how I feel during the day. I pretty much know her inside out. Only slight flaws such as missing my b-airs after double d-smashing someone.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
7-8 inchs thats just a visual estimate not measured with a ruler or nothing

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I'd like to THINK I'm half decent. I'll wait till I finally record my matches and get critiqued before I make a for sure statement. I'd say 6 for now though.

*Waits for Snakeee's 9000+ rating*

Thecloudmon

Smash Cadet
6.83 bad day
7.89 normal
8.42 good

JK 6-7 With room to improve cause i get 80% of grabs 60% of my of the stage down smashes the people i never grabed twice in row
AFRO'Wario
ESAM Pikachu

Snakeee

Smash Master
6.83 bad day
7.89 normal
8.42 good

JK 6-7 With room to improve cause i get 80% of grabs 60% of my of the stage down smashes the people i never grabed twice in row
AFRO'Wario
ESAM Pikachu
Wtf those are pretty precise ratings o_O

...and thanks Bouse and cloudmon lol

Bouse

Smash Ace
To be honest? Without alcohol I'm so bad it's an imaginary number. With alcohol, I'm so amazing that the number itself hasn't been invented yet, which would also make it imaginary.

Either way you look at it, we got square roots of -1.

noradseven

Smash Lord
6-7, personally. Of course, I'm slightly insulated by the NC scene, and very few of us are really strong on a national level here, so I might be overrating myself.
NC sucks??? Really I didn't really notice mainly because that was my first tourney and I was still getting over shock that people would counter-pick your character and level for the sake of winning.

My ZSS has 3 stages
about a 3-4 where I just kill myself all the time
about a 6-7 on a normal day
about an 9 on a good day, where my spacing and pressure are amazing. I normally this happens after I warm up with some Cpt. falcon, ganon, Link play, love those characters so much. Too bad SOS and flamingo deleted that doubles match where their Mk's got thrashed by cpt. falcon+ganon(aka Fists of Manly Justice). :argh:

Eva-L

Smash Rookie
I'd say about 6... 7 at prime gaming. I always beat my friends as her, anyways... One even mains Sonic (which I hate D:<)

sasook

Smash Champion
NC sucks??? Really I didn't really notice mainly because that was my first tourney and I was still getting over shock that people would counter-pick your character and level for the sake of winning.
Well I mean, if you're up against a character that has a 7:3 or 8:2 advantage, naturally you'll change just to give yourself a chance. For me, picking Link against DDD is suicide, so I use ZSS.

I normally this happens after I warm up with some Cpt. falcon, ganon, Link play, love those characters so much.
w00t!

One even mains Sonic (which I hate D:<)
No offense, but does that really say much?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Well I mean, if you're up against a character that has a 7:3 or 8:2 advantage, naturally you'll change just to give yourself a chance. For me, picking Link against DDD is suicide, so I use ZSS.

w00t!

No offense, but does that really say much?
Uhh going from a 6:4 in his favor to a falco on jungle Jape's is pretty gay, it went like this you lose first match it was a close to even match they counter pick the **** out of me. I don't know what stages to pick next time so I pick smash ville like every time, eventually I don't win, but still now I know better and plus the one guy who beat me was pretty chill.

Hey Link Vs DDD I remeber my friend complaining about that matchup (he was DDD) until I got mad at him and told him chain grab fall back air three times match=over, he just did the huge chain grab till I got to 80%ish, then of course he couldn't do it any more, and I walled the living daylights out of him with arrows, bombs and chains. Apperently it didn't occur fall off edge hit link 3 times he dies. Your only escape is delaying your jump a bit then jumping back with forward air(or Bomb), then recovery with up B, plus boomerang is hillarious on DDD recovery, but yeah that match is probably the worst in the game in my opinion, like an 8.5-1.5.

Ahaha sonic is so fun, pretty easy character to learn to once you realize that he only has 8 moves. grab, f-tilt, f-air, u-air, u-B,d-B, f-smash,back air. If you don't forget that sonic's recovery is insanely good, you can really gimp people with him off the edge pretty bad, sonic is all about the dash break woohoo, and down-B safety but against ZSS that will just get him killed and fast. I'm still confused on why he is considered what is it now second worst.(he is pretty terrible though)

sasook

Smash Champion
Uhh going from a 6:4 in his favor to a falco on jungle Jape's is pretty gay, it went like this you lose first match it was a close to even match they counter pick the **** out of me. I don't know what stages to pick next time so I pick smash ville like every time, eventually I don't win, but still now I know better and plus the one guy who beat me was pretty chill.
Wow, in that case yes I agree with you, that's pretty low.

Hey Link Vs DDD I remeber my friend complaining about that matchup (he was DDD) until I got mad at him and told him chain grab fall back air three times match=over, he just did the huge chain grab till I got to 80%ish, then of course he couldn't do it any more, and I walled the living daylights out of him with arrows, bombs and chains. Apperently it didn't occur fall off edge hit link 3 times he dies. Your only escape is delaying your jump a bit then jumping back with forward air(or Bomb), then recovery with up B, plus boomerang is hillarious on DDD recovery, but yeah that match is probably the worst in the game in my opinion, like an 8.5-1.5.
The D3 must not have been CGing properly. Link can be CG'd by D3 at any percent, he doesn't get out at 80, like you said.

See? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br_xjMrCQTI
^3rd best Link in the world right there, and even he got messed up by that stupid CG.

But yeah, the match is pretty much CG -> bair gimp -> gg. It's a terrible matchup.

His bair > Link's fair in terms of range and priority. The delay thing can work sometimes, but it can get predictable too. I pretty much need ZSS for D3.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
I like to think i am a 5 with no lag. I play too aggressively and i try to grapple too much with zss to really win but i can pull off random combos! When i do have lag more like a 2 or 3 i end up resorting to F smash as a way to kill someone /cry!
Sadly that fight ^ goes to show you all the skill in the world will not help you if your character has a super weakness of being chain grappled by all.

Zeus.

Smash Rookie
Well, I could overstate how good I think I am and say a higher number, but honestly, I am a 3 on bad days and possibly 5 on good days at the very best. I have a lot to learn, just starting to main her. I think I have hit level 5 once but most of the time it is 3-4.

Top Bottom