• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Isaac:

Chance: 50%
So I'll give this one a coin toss. May be a bit overreaching, but he seems to have a lot going for him, at least more so than most other characters. For one, he's a Nintendo character, so they don't need to deal with trying to get rights or anything like that. Second, he was in Brawl, and then mysteriously disappeared thereafter. He seems like a great candidate with a strong fanbase.
Notoriety may be a factor against him. He's only had 3 games, with a huge gap between the last two (then again...:4pit:). The latest game wasn't well received - reviews were OK, but it wasn't a huge smash hit. Smash could go a long way to bring the franchise back into the light. And if I'm not mistaken, he isn't really a one-region-wonder either.
Want: 50%
I don't really have any loyalty to the Golden Sun series, but I am not at all in the club of "Wah, too many swordzmenz!!!11 :(" Frankly, the one who brings a weapon to a fighting game is the one who's prepared. I'd not have a problem with it.
And plus, his adult look from the latest game is awesome, and I'd much rather have older Isaac than younger.
Predictions - Bandanna-Dee:
Chance: 40.0%, want 57.5%
Nominations:
Saying that them having defined roles takes them out of the running is still an opinion, regardless of how popular of one it is (I agree with it as well, personally). If people want to rate Ridley or Takamaru or something, then why not?
True, I hold the opinion that characters are really easy to comment out of random lists, and I hope that some of the assists can be considered. After all, I think Waluigi or Midna are slightly more popular than some of the other characters floating around - that is how they got into Smash at all...
So since the floodgates have been opened, I'll be that guy. RIDLEY x5!!!!

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I was never actually part of the old RTC, but I followed it almost every day. I'm excited to finally join in.

Issac
Chance: 80%
He's a fairly popular Nintendo character who isn't in the game yet. I could see it.

Want: 30%
I don't have a reason to want him. Never played his game. Never cared enough to try it.

5x Ultimate Ghost

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
YES, finally got my #2.

Isaac -
Chance: 60%
Not NEARLY as confident about Isaac as K. Rool, but the recent Reddit poll has given me some hope. This is definitely a poll, popular characters will get a significant boost. Isaac seems to be a top candidate right now, but I'm still holding my breath for any signs of him getting added. Isaac and K. Rool are the only newcomers I'd rate above 50% (and only Wolf gets any higher).

Want: 100%
Absolutely love Golden Sun and want to see it get more attention.

Shovel Knight x5
Want to get him out of the way so I can give him my low rating.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Isaac:
Chance-70%
-Unlike yesterday's rated character, Isaac is indeed a Nintendo character. Has appeared as an assist trophy in Brawl and with a 'convenient' absence as an assist trophy in this game. Isaac's chances indeed are looking good for an appearance as a fighter in smash. The only thing that would stop him from becoming a newcomer would be the inclusion of several other characters and however many fighters we will get as dlc which we as of now have idea what is going to happen. Otherwise I do see a distinct possibility that we will get Isaac.

Want-30%
I'm indifferent about the character myself. I'm not familiar with Isaac or the Golden Sun series outside of Smash. I'm not against his inclusion but I won't miss him if he's left out.

Bandana Dee:
Prediction-45%

Impa x3
Shantae x2

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Isaac:

Chance: 27.5%

He's up there, definitely. The only reason I don't rank him higher is because I don't see many DLC characters happening at all.

Want: 66%

There are certainly a lot of characters that I'd want more, but he would not disappoint me in the slightest.

Prediction:
Bandanna Dee: 41.12%

Nominations:
Captain Toad x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Isaac
Chance: 38%
I'll start this off with saying that I haven't played a Golden Sun game yet. I know they're highly regarded by the fans and critics alike. I also know that the franchise has had about three games that have all been for past handheld platforms. I feel that a new 3DS addition to the franchise would really boost his chances, but as far as I'm aware no one knows if Nintendo is making one. With only three older games in his franchise, I find it difficult to see his chances as anything greater than slightly decent at best, and that's basically only due to his popularity by Smash fans who also love Golden Sun. Unless a new title is being planned, I unfortunately don't see this character being very popular among the general audience as there will inevitably be many that don't know who Isaac is. Who really knows though? Maybe his popularity in the ballot could get him in as DLC, or at the very least he'll be heavily considered for Smash 5 (which I feel is a safer bet), especially if a new game releases between now and then. His inclusion could even spark more interest in the character to those who are unfamiliar with Golden Sun. As it stands for now, I'll give the former Assist Trophy a score of 38%.
A decent chance at making it due to his vocal and dedicated fan base, but I feel that the lack of many or recent additions to his franchise could possibly hold him back... (For Smash 4 DLC. I still think he's way more likely to be included in Smash 5.)

Want: 52%
I don't have any connection to the character, but I think he would fit in the roster pretty well. He's got a lot of move set potential to pull from, and being added to the roster would probably get people (including me) more interested in checking his franchise out.

Prediction -
Bandana Dee: 32.7%

Nominations:
x3 Tetra
x2 Toon Zelda

Troykv

Smash Master
Isaac. Chance 50%

It has very good chances in my opinion, although not as high (King K. Rool) or directly a safe character (Wolf)

Want: 50%

I'm not a fan. But I think he has good skills that would interest me if applied in Smash.

Roy x1
Micaiah x1
Tiki x 1
Bandana Dee x1
... I don't sure about mi fifth vote.

EDIT: Oh, anyway, I will give the vote to

KOS-MOS x1

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Issac

Chance: It seems this guy has himself a cult following. I don't know much about him myself, and I rarely hear about him other than here. However, he was an assist in Brawl that's mysteriously missing now... 65%
Want: Eh, I don't want to offend fans, but again, I have no real connection to the character, or really even know the Golden Sun series in general, an oddity sense I generally try to keep a good amount of knowledge on multiple Nintendo series. 45%-50%

Bandana Dee Predict - I might just have high hopes for this guy, but I'll give him a 60%

Nominate: Ice Climbers X5

D

Deleted member

Issac

Chance: 35%

+ He's the original and most iconic protagonist of the once popular Golden Sun series...
-- ...the keyword being "once." The latest entry, Dark Dawn for DS, didn't enjoy the same level of commercial success as its GBA brethren.
+ At least the ballot shows that there is still a dedicated following for Issac.
! - He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but is nowhere to be found in Smash 4. Does that mean anything? I can't respond to that with a yes or no answer, but there are a few possibilities, one of which being that he was planned to be featured with some role, but was scrapped for some unknown reason. The other possibility is that it doesn't mean anything and I'm looking too deep into it.
-- Aside from his series' lack of popularity nowadays, Issac's only other major obstacle is what Sakurai thinks of his moveset potential. Like K. Rool, I don't recall Sakurai ever giving any sort of statement regarding Issac or any Golden Sun character for that matter.

For a character from a first party IP that isn't as relevant as it used to be, Issac's chances aren't as low as the ground, but they aren't nearly as high as the golden sun either.

Fierce Deity Shades Yeah.png

Want: Abstain

I only recently started playing Golden Sun on my Wii U, so I have yet to form an opinion on Issac. I considered voting for him soley because of his fans.

Prediction: Bandana Dee - 45%

He will probably be seen as the most likely candidate for a fourth Kirby rep, assuming the roster does end up getting one.

Nomination

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!! x5

Last edited by a moderator:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Shulk's long lost twin brother Issac!!!: 60% Chance
Eh, maybe? He definitely has a very vocal fanbase worldwide and he definitely has good moveset potential. He hasn't had a new game since that Golden Sun DS game, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
50% Want
You know, I recently bought Golden Sun off the eShop recently, but still have yet to play it...Should fix that.

Bandanna Dee prediction: 31.74%
IT DEE-GINS

Shovel Knight X5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Isaac Chance: 65%

I feel like he's more likely then not.

He's going to be a decently popular pick, he's got potential to be unique, and he's gone mysteriously missing from the Smash Bros game. If it was just the AT I wouldn't think to much of it, but come on, not even a trophy for a series that's sold a few million copies? All of which were received decently well (People try to complain about Dark Dawn, but it wasn't THAT bad. Just wasn't as good) Something's off there.

With the knowledge that Takamaru was at one point considered for Smash 4, I am decently confident in assuming that Isaac was at some point also planned to be a character during the development of Smash 4. And based on the fact that he isn't an AT anymore, while Takamaru is, I think he may have made it into the initial roster choices, but was cut mid-development. If that actually IS the case, it would be logical to finish Isaac and make him a DLC character.

Isaac Want: 85%

Hey, a character I actually know about!

I didn't play Golden Sun until about a year ago, but it's a VERY enjoyable game, I'd love for it to get playable representation in Smash Bros. There are a few other characters I'd prefer to see more then Isaac, but I definitely wouldn't complain.

Predictions: Bandana Dee: 42%

Noms: Rayman x5

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Issac

chance: 48%

I hear people mention Issac a lot and he usually is right behind K. Rool in fan polls, so it is hard to ignore the fact that there are people out there that have a desire to see him in Smash. Also, considering he is no longer bolted down to being an assist trophy increases his chance of making an appearance. I think he is the second most likely newcomer.

Want: 10%

I don't really care for any more lead anime styled heroes with swords (even if Issac has other abilities). Also, never really played any of his games so I don't have a personal connection to the character. The only reason I gave him 10% is because I know his inclusion would make a lot of people happy.

Bandana Dee prediction: 33.42%

Nominate: Dixie Kong x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Isaac
Chance- 55%
In my opinion, one of the more likely picks. He's obviously quite popular, and Golden Sun isn't as irrelevant of a franchise as is often advertised (a game after Brawl, for goodness sake!). His absence from being a AT is notable. That being said, I'm not sure if they really want to put in the effort to add a whole new franchise. Oh, and Smash Bros hates the GBA era.

Want- 100%
He managed to win out my vote over K. Rool. Great move set, new series, great opportunities for stages and music…
I'm not really saying anything that hasn't been said before by others (or heck, by myself on the old game!). So I'll just leave it by saying that I really want Isaac.

Bandana Dee prediction: 29%
Haven't spent too much time on the boards since the roster leaked, so I'm not sure what the Bandana Dee supporters and detractors are like anymore… hoping that this topic won't be as volatile as I remember.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Isaac chances: 55%
He's got the fan support, just hope Sakurai likes him enough to consider him. He also might have a harder time entering smash then some other characters since he belongs to an unrepresented franchise and adding extra trophies and music would take a bit extra work. But overall I still think he has better chances than most characters.

Want 60%
Don't know much about him but I'm sure he'd be unique with his earth bending powers and what not. And he'd make a bunch of fans happy, so that's always a plus for me

Nominate:
Inkling
Impa
Captain toad
Wolf
Dixie kong

@ PK_Wonder PK_Wonder hey I edited my post since I feel like I gave Isaac an unfair score in chance. For some reason I thought dark dawn came out before Brawl. Next time I'll check my facts better.

Last edited:

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
Isaac:

Chance: 90% Edit for 85%

He won 2nd place in the Reddit poll behind Banjo (who has a 0% chance IMO), and the fanbase has been there, biding its time. The only thing I could see stopping him would be errant bots or 4chan.

EDIT: I think he would be in neck-and-neck or riiiiight behind Rool. Depending on how many people we get to see thanks to this poll, his chances are still pretty high.

Want 100%+

He has been my dream. GS came out 1 month EXACTLY before Melee, and he has been gypped (gipped? jipped? Idk.) ever since. His removal as an assist spells 1 of 2 things: Sakurai thinks he has a chance to become DLC or the literal exact opposite. I say 100%+ because his inclusion in Sm4sh would not only be a dream come true for me and thousands others, but it would nearly solidify a 4th game, and would likely be the last chance of ever seeing one.

Bandana Dee: 20%

Nominate: Big Boss (or snake, I guess...)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac chances: 40%
He's got the fan support, but I don't know if his franchise has a future or not, and I don't think Nintendo wants to blow a DLC Newcomer on a dead franchise.

Want 50%
Don't know much about him but I'm sure he'd be unique and make a bunch of fans happy.

Nominate:
Inkling
Impa
Captain toad
Wolf
Dixie kong
Considering the fact that the poll is intended to affect future games in general, if Isaac places highly and GS is dead now (we still don't know what Camelot is working on), it won't be dead for much longer.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Considering the fact that the poll is intended to affect future games in general, if Isaac places highly and GS is dead now (we still don't know what Camelot is working on), it won't be dead for much longer.
So the Golden Sun franchise will be a Zombie eh?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Isaac
Chance: 80%

His popularity has always been strong, and has recently exploded. He's one of the two most likely characters to be pulled form the poll, with K. Rool being his only competition. I think Shovel Knight has no chance (never released in Japan), and Banjo is likewise impossible (Nintendo would be advertising one of their biggest rivals). If we get characters from the polls, Isaac is in.

Want 100%+

Golden Sun has been in the shadows way too long. I want this series back, I want it showered in love and adoration again. I want to see Isaac and his wonderful abilities in HD.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Isaac: 65%

I personally think he's more likely than most.

Positives:
+++Very popular character request
++Had a notable game post Brawl (Yes. I'm putting this as a positive. Remember when I said I kept things simple with dates? I like to say that a notable game post Brawl is enough to keep a series relevant for Smash. This is how Little Mac :4littlemac: got in in my opinion.

Dark Dawn was released after Brawl.

Dark Dawn came out in 2010.

If we consider Golden Sun a dead franchise...

Then we should consider Punch Out!! (2009) and Metroid (2010) dead as well.

Hypocrisy. Unable to see the flaws in their own logic.

Golden Sun has all the relevancy it needs.)

++Incredibly unique moveset opportunities
++Known across the globe
+Has multiple designs to work with if need be
+Represents a new series with multiple games
+ Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age being released on Virtual Console (and Dark Dawn soon) put them in the public eye again

Negatives:
--More popular in one side of the globe than the other (though not an uncommon request on any side)
--Golden Sun is still a relatively small series
-He is a sword fighter which may or may not be an issue
-Potential issues with Camelot, though I'm REALLY stretching for this one

Mystery:
? Isaac's removal as an assist trophy means he's free and new GS content being in Smash Wii U shows they haven't forgotten about the series. But... Why is he not an assist trophy? Could it be because they wanted to leave him open so they could include him later if it tickled their fancy? Was his Assist Trophy just annoying or problematic? We have no way of knowing.

Among the more likely choices.

Want: 95%

And among my most wanted! I love Golden Sun and I'm ready to have this boy in Smash! The moveset possibilities excite me greatly and I would love to see a new Golden Sun stage and some music!

Isaac's inclusion has no downside to me personally.

Bandana Waddle Dee Prediction: 34%

He's a popular little guy, but he seems a bit far down on the totem pole.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Isaac.

Want - 100% Third day in a row of max rating in this category, though that will be broken tomorrow. Everything about this franchise deserves more recognition from Nintendo. Isaac has fantastic moveset potential, stage potential, and at this point no other unrepped franchise character could please me more.

Chances - 60%
I bet he's doing exceedingly well in the fan ballot, as a cult classic/fan favorite. It is quite suspicious indeed that Sakurai took out his AT and trophy, while leaving and adding to his music. Just a theory, but he could have definitely been cut from a shortlist of characters considered for the game. On the other hand, he could have been considered completely irrelevant, although I fail to see how Isaac is more obscure than half of the Assist Trophies already, so something tells me that's not the whole story.

Golden Sun gives another flavor of jrpg characters, with all the moveset potential in the world. He reps the hardcore side of handheld games that aren't Lucas, Pokemon, or Fire Emblem (what a haven for rpgs/srpgs of all kinds, right?) At the very least, he would be excellent advertisement for a potential Golden Sun 4. The 3DS has been very kind to rpgs finding success, and if any underdog Nintendo franchise deserves a new entry, it's GS.

Nominate:
Solo Ice Climbers (Ice Climber) x3, Paper Mario x2

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
My fave:

Chance: 70%
He's a bit lower than K Rool, but I feel he has the second best fan base in terms of votes. That's gotta count for something, right?

Want: 100%!!!!

He is THE character I want most! Would fangasm why, but I'm tired.

Banana Dee:

Chance: 40%
Want: 35%

Noms:
5x Quote

cybersai

Smash Ace
Isaac.

Chance: 50%. I say this because his Assist Trophy from Brawl was mysteriously removed and he's very popular on the polls. Had his Assist Trophy from Brawl continued in this game I would have said no chance, but its suspicious. I still give it only 50% because Golden Sun seems like a dead franchise and may not get any further games, and Isaac wasn't even playable in the last Golden Sun game.

Want: 50%. I beat both the first two Golden Sun's and Isaac will have a cool moveset for Smash. Just not fanatical over him.

Last edited:

BirdChief

Smash Rookie
Issac

Chance: 30 % ------ Seems too generic.

Want: 60% ----------- I think he's a pretty solid choice considering the popular ones.

Nomination: Zero -- From Megaman X. Could have a unique moveset and looks badass.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Isaac from Fire Emblem: Golden Sun :p

Chance: 55%
+Fan support (case in point, ^'s signature)
+Series has good ties with Nintendo
+Moveset potential (I think. He sounds unique.)
+/- This is where it gets weird. So Isaac was in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, but now he isn't. This could mean one of several things. 1) Sakurai doesn't think that the series is really worthy of music, trophies, and an Assist Trophy (and therefore a playable character). 2) He was planning for something Golden Sun-related to join Smash 4 later in its lifespan. 3) He removed all of that just to let other series get some time in the limelight but he's still willing to include Golden Sun-related stuff (including Isaac).
-Hasn't had a game in a while, but like I said before, this might not even really be an issue. And if it is, we don't know the extent of its effect on DLC selection.

Personal: 90%
As I said in my post about King K. Rool, the only character I really want is Spyro. I'm fine with everyone else though. I personally have not played any Golden Sun games, so I don't know what to expect. Regardless, if Isaac is chosen, I'm looking forward to what he can add to the roster! :)

Bandana Dee
Chance
: 46%
Want: 54.7838482919485848383812%

Nomination: Spyro the Dragon x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh!

Forgot my nominations!

Phoenix Wright x 3
Wolf x 1:wolf:
Snake x 1:snake:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac
Chance - 75% (I think he's definitely in a good position right now. He represents a new series, and is probably the most popular character coming from a brand new series. He's up there just behind K Rool and Wolf in my expectations)
Want - 100% (I think that be obvious by now.)

Noms:
Bayonetta x2
Inkling x2
Chibi Robo x1

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And now we're at the one who mysteriously disappeared...

--

Isaac

Chance: 60%
It seems like people are torn over characters getting in as DLC that haven't had their series in Smash before. Some think it wouldn't feel right to bring in completely new faces. Others see no issue with it, as shown by the Inklings getting Top 5 votes in a lot of places despite still being a month away from their first game. What matters more, I think, is what Nintendo feels about adding new series to Smash as DLC...and personally, I don't think they're for debuting new series as optional content.

...But for Isaac, that's actually irrelevant, since Golden Sun has had notable Smash presence since Brawl, and therefore wouldn't be new to the series. As we all know, Isaac was an Assist Trophy in Brawl...but now, he's nowhere to be found. Some figured it was because the dev team thought Golden Sun wasn't relevant any more...but that changed when we found out that not only did the Golden Sun theme from Brawl make it into the Wii U version, so did a new theme. This puts Isaac in a better situation than the Inklings or Wonder Red or every third party candidate save Snake.

And now that his lack of relevance can be offset by enough fan support, his strong points can--no pun intended--shine. His moveset potential is extremely high, with access to multiple types of swords, multiple types of critical hits, a long list of Psynergy spells, the Djinn spirits found throughout his games, and even a list of summons. He'd even feel completely unique despite being another sword user, as he'd use a hybrid of swordplay and magic, something only Robin currently does. Furthermore, he'd feel distinct even from Robin due to Psynergy's innate nature of affecting the surrounding terrain (versus pure elemental spells) and due to having an affinity for earth magic, something we flat out do not have so far.

In short, the ballot may take away Isaac's only drawback, and his strong points are exactly the kind the developers sought for the initial roster. I can't count out something weird happening, but I can comfortably say I think Isaac is the second most likely newcomer and third most likely DLC candidate overall.

Want: 85%
He's also tied for my second most wanted character. Here's another thing you need to know about me: I really like battlemages. I dunno, I've just always thought it was awesome to be able to use both melee and magic attacks. Combine that with how high Isaac's moveset potential is and how unique he could easily be while feeling true to character, and you have my attention.

Bandana Dee Prediction: 26.5%
He's among the frontrunners, but it seems like a lot of people feel he's not worthy yet...

Nominations: Krystal x5

Last edited:

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
Isaac

Chance: 70%
+ He fulfills Sakurai's criteria for inclusion.
+ He's consistently ranking high on polls, so there's definitely fan support.
+ With earth magic, Djinn attacks, summons, and weapon unleashes, his moveset potential is immense and would make for a unique character, with Robin being the closest approximation, but still very far off. To my mind, this is a huge boon for his chances.
+ He was removed as an Assist Trophy, freeing up his character for inclusion as a fighter. Also, another Golden Sun song was added to the game. With the inclusion of the Ballot, I see these facts together being a statement to the effect of "we think you want him, we'll subtly make you aware that we think that, and we'll give you the opportunity to prove us correct, too." They might have even started work on him already!
+ Golden Sun is currently unrepresented in the roster, whereas the Donkey Kong series -- home to Isaac's biggest competition -- already has two characters in the game. I think this fact, together with Isaac's uniqueness, bode well for his inclusion.
- Golden Sun isn't as relevant as it was on the GBA, and the third series entry, released 4.5 years ago on the DS, together with a statement from a member of Camelot, didn't inspire confidence in me that Nintendo and Camelot care much for the series. Then again, maybe this is just my own pessimism stemming from the fact that Dark Dawn didn't meet my expectations. Even if a series is no longer relevant, I'm not sure that that would have much of an impact on a character's chances, however, especially if fans want him.
- Isaac might be too much work to implement as a fighter, as he would not only be a complex character, but his canonical attacks, as many different ones as there are, would probably take a long time to animate and/or program. This is the flip-side to his potential for uniqueness.

Want: 100% (Can I get an "Over 9,000%", please?)
Golden Sun might have been my first JRPG experience after Pokemon and possibly a bit of Final Fantasy X, and the charm and pure joy of the series haven't worn off me over a decade later. Isaac's not my first pick from the series, but he's the only one with a non-negligible chance, so all of my support is behind him and no one else. He would be incredibly unique and a joy to play as, and he's really late to the party -- I've been wanting to see a Golden Sun fighter in Smash since before Brawl's release. I've even advocated for a Smash-like game comprising only fighters from Golden Sun, though no one seemed be enamored with the idea.... Now is this golden boy's time to shine! Vote Isaac!

Bandana Dee

Prediction: 10%
What is this I don't even.... I give him a chance only because Sakurai is the Kirby guy, but the series already has three characters in the game and, despite the Smashboards thread being almost as long as Isaac's, I haven't seen Bandana Dee doing well on polls (could be selective vision on my part, I admit). Still, it's hard for me to put something like his inclusion past Sakurai.

Nominations:
Amaterasu (from Okami) x5 : No chance in Master Fortress that she'll get in, but I love Okami, just the same, and I think Ammy's technically eligible. At the very least, I'd like to see who actually would want her in the game. And I'd also pick Minecraft Steve... and the Angry Beavers... but neither are eligible (especially the latter). Stupid criteria....

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Issac Isaac chances: 19.5%
Unfortunately I'm not as optimistic as many other people here about Isaac's chances. While Golden Sun is a million-seller series with a strong cult following, I have a suspicion that Nintendo just doesn't see the series as high profile enough to fully deserve a playable character in Smash. It was very popular back then in early 2000s but didn't really stand the test of time as a flagship Nintendo series. No to mention the Isaac Assist Trophy from Brawl was unlockable and there is no Golden Sun contents in Smash 4 whatsoever besides two musics in the Wii U version, one of them being directly ripped from a DS game (I don't think there's any other music in SSB directly ripped from a non-3DS handheld game, besides maybe retro-style 8-bit musics). In all honesty I think Golden Sun is kinda obscure to the general audience nowadays and we don't know if Camelot has plans to continue the series. However I'm confident Sakurai had at least considered Isaac as a playable character in Smash, but either cut him after planning to add him on the roster due to low priority or, worst case scenario, decided against him. I think his large support is his main asset, the official Smash ballot definitely helps his chances considering he tends to be high on unofficial polls, and the VC releases on the Wii U definitely helps him to get more exposure; I wouldn't be surprised if a Golden Sun masterpiece demo is added to SSB Wii U alongside an Isaac DLC. Overall I think he has a solid shot, but I don't really see him getting over some characters I think are considerably more likely, especially considering I don't think we will get an outstanding amount of new characters (6 total is my bet).

Isaac want: 72%
I used to support him for the last two moths before the Japanese release of the 3DS version, but I don't really support him as much anymore, though I still would like to see him becoming a playable character through DLC. His fanbase, amazing potential for a flashy moveset, and the fact he would represent the GBA era (though I don't think the later reason really means anything anymore) made me want him even though I had no connection towards him, and I even bought the original Golden Sun cartridge game to further support him. The game was definitely enjoyable with good gameplay and pacing. He's not as high in my want list as before, but I feel that the Golden Sun fanbase deserves him.

Edit: Isaac want: 0% (Edit 2: 18%)
After discovering that Mewtwo didn't get any custom move this is the want score I'm going to give to every single character we're going to rate until we get a confirmation that Mewtwo will get proper customs through an update. Sorry, I don't want DLC characters to not be treated like fully-fledged fighters with poor implementation that proves developers couldn't care less about them. If I known Mewtwo wasn't going to get customs, then I would have given a 0% want score to King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie as well. And even if for whatever reason DLC characters can't get proper custom moves due to technical issues then I'm still going to be opposed to the inclusion of anyone else, even my most wanted characters.

Edit 2: sorry, over-salty reaction from Mewtwo not having custom... I have some faith that Mewtwo will eventually get custom moves sooner or later through an update, but I'm not confident about that and I'm still spiteful enough to cut my want score for every character we're going to rate by 75%. I admit giving 0% want to everyone we're going to the future was a bit exaggerated.

I'm surprised Banjo-Kazooie didn't manage to go over 60% want score when they got over 70% in the original RTC. Where, btw, they got a miserable chance score due to the fact nobody thought it would be a possibility.

Bandana Dee prediction: 29.74%
He has a dedicated fanbase, but I see a lot of people not really interested in the idea giving low scores.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Wonder Red x1
Concept: DLC custom moves x3
Concept: custom moves choosable from CSS through patching x1

Edit: no. Mewtwo must get proper custom moves before we should get anyone else.
Concept: Sakurai's team starts to actually care about who they add to the game by fixing what they did to Mewtwo due to their laziness by patching the game to give him custom moves as well as for everyone else after him x5

Yes I know, the salt is real.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, Isaac

No, wait.
ISAAC.png
CHANCE: 65%
WANT: 100%

Recent popularity polls on Reddit, 4chan, Smashboards and other sites all indicate Isaac to be an extremely popular candidate for DLC, only after K. Rool. This coupled with his unexplained total absence from Smash 4 only serves to make him a lucrative character to be made into DLC. Golden Sun's release on the Wii U VC has also bee very successful, being among the top 20 downloaded titles from the eShop.

Golden Sun is one of my favourite RPGs, Isaac is my most wanted newcomer at the moment. So a full 100% in want.

BANDANA DEE prediction: 45%

Nominations: Dixie Kong x 5

:231:

D

Deleted member

Isaac

With the Smash Ballot finally being a thing, it means that what the fan wants will be taken into consideration for both this game and Smash 5. Unfortunately, I don't see Isaac being one of the newcomers for DLC.

The thing about the Smash Ballot is that it is not a popularity contest where the highest scoring contestants "wins", it is a suggestion box. Popularity will definitely help a character but they won't be added by just that merit. The main issue I see with Isaac is that I only see one newcomer being added due to the Smash Ballot if that. The other 1-2 newcomers I see being added due to different reasons; Inklings for one could get in to promote Splatoon and there are also other contenders like Chorus Men (if they can get them to work, I would also expect the Ice Climber) due to being planned for this game (according to Gematsu which I still consider legitimate if outdated) and Krystal if she appears in Star Fox Wii U at E3 2015. If there is a newcomer that is added due the Smash Ballot, it will be King K. Rool who is the last character with a massive fan base. Isaac might be a highly requested character but I doubt he is at the same height as King K. Rool is so I don't see him getting in before King K. Rool barring Sakurai/Nintendo hating Donkey Kong (which even I find absurd).

The only way I see Isaac getting in as a playable character is if he was planned a playable character but was held back to sell as DLC. It is worth noting that Golden Sun has virtually disappeared outside of a couple of songs and I am of the opinion that Mewtwo, Wolf, and Lucas were held back to sell as DLC if it is true that DLC was planned months before the game was released. It is also possible that a newcomer outside of Chorus Men were also planned and I feel that if anyone was planned but then cut, it would be Isaac. Also Isaac was among the Top 10 most wanted characters in Japan during pre-Brawl and the Brawl poll was the same one that got Mega Man in Smash 3DS & Wii U. It is likely that Isaac scored very well given that he was at the peak of his popularity at that time and given that he's not a third-party, it could be that Sakurai & Nintendo may have greenlighted him but decided that due to the very large fan demand that he would be a great way to attract people to DLC.

But Occam's Razor dictates that Sakurai doesn't care about the series and stripped away practically everything now that Golden Sun is on life support. Never really been hugely interested in Golden Sun myself (haven't played a game), but it's a shame that it can't even get a trophy this game.

I'm giving Isaac a generous 20% of being DLC. We will be lucky to even get one newcomer because of the Ballot and that character will be King K. Rool should that be the case. He either is DLC because he was held back or he is not getting in.

Want:
Not a big supporter, but I will say his move set potential does interest me. I'd liked to see him take advantage of Psynergy and I have heard fantastic things about what he could do as a character. I'd liked to try him out if he gets in. I give him a 70% in want.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bandana Dee

Prediction: 10%
What is this I don't even.... I give him a chance only because Sakurai is the Kirby guy, but the series already has three characters in the game and, despite the Smashboards thread being almost as long as Isaac's, I haven't seen Bandana Dee doing well on polls (could be selective vision on my part, I admit). Still, it's hard for me to put something like his inclusion past Sakurai.
Yeah, 3 characters ... and? Kirby is one of the biggest and most popular Nintendo franchises.
And what? Are you talking about those crappy polls with Bayonetta, Shovel Knight and Shantae?
He is popular here and a fan favorite in Japan.
Example: https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/miiverse-translations-43-49/

Bandana Dee prediction: 29.74%
He has a dedicated fanbase, but I see a lot of people not really interested in the idea giving low scores.
Well, the prediction is for chances, not for want, so ... yeah.

Inb4 binding of isaac joke

Chance 49% extremely popular and from a series not represented at all. He would likely be very unique and sakurai could very well love the potential

Want 15% havent played too much of his game. He clearly has absurd moceset potential and he has a cool design. But i hate silent protaganists and have very few connections with him

Noms
ridley 2
wonder red 2
Viridi 1

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Isaac
Chance: 50% He was an assist trophy in Brawl and was removed in 4.
I think he was planned but the team ran out of time and stopped him, with enough votes he may come as DLC

Want: 99% the only swordfighter i would give a rating higher then 50% because of his franchise

Bandana Dee prediction: 32%

Nominates: Beast Ganon x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Isaac
Chance:
15%

The positives with Isaac are that he comes from a game with a cult status, his demand, and his uniqueness. The latter two things are really important. Since Isaac is a pretty popular choice, he will pretty well in the ballot. His uniqueness with his psyenergy makes him stand out as a fighter, another thing that helps in his case.

However, there are also three things going against him, namely being a newcomer, having little content in Smash, and perhaps even Dawn Dawn. Newcomers will definitely take a lot of time to create as their moveset needs to be created from scratch. Having little content in Smash is also very concerning... perhaps Sakurai thought that Golden Sun didn't deserve a lot of content in Smash? Things look bleak if a pretty major franchise didn't get too much content. Lastly, maybe Dark Dawn's failure was the cause of Golden Sun getting little content; maybe Nintendo and Sakurai think that the franchise isn't worth too much investing on (I should mention Camelot has stated that creating a Golden Sun game takes a lot of work and it's troubling for their financials apparently).

Although he his a unique sword fighter in that he can use magic, I think Robin potential sapped that away from him.

Want: Abstain

Bandana Dee Prediction: 19.44%

Not too high and kinda low.

Nominations: Captain Toad 5x

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Isaac

Chance: 55%

Honestly I'm fairly confident this is Isaac's best possible chance to get in. Arguable similarities to Robin aside, Isaac's got a whole heap of intricate abilities and moves to pull from. Or so I hear. I've not played Golden Sun, but my sister lists him as one of her top three choices for Smash DLC.
Judging by the popularity he has on the net, how well he seems to be doing on the ballots, that he represents a series currently without a fighter and he has a lot of fun abilities, I can see him being one of the DLC characters easily.

Want: 75%
Whilst I think Isaac is very deserving, I've never played his game, and am unlikely to(RPGs are not my cup of tea) so I can't fully support him. 75% for a character I have no personal connection to is pretty good though.

Bandana Waddle Dee Prediction: 28%
Probably will get ranked lowly knowing past trends.

Nominations: Captain Toad X 5

Top Bottom