• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*sings* I've been waiting, I've been waiting for this moment all my life. It feels so good.

Daisy

Chance: 25%

Princess Daisy is a character that original started off as a stand-in for Peach in a fictional kingdom that would eventually be forgotten due to Nintendo's bias against the Super Mario Land games. Since then, the character would be used one exclusives in spinoffs that would future develop her personality (Overemphasizing on Yokoi's image of her being a tomboy) and being a close friend for Peach. She is as equally as a Base Breaker as Waluigi, meaning that there are sides of the fandom that loathe her for being "irrelevant" or feel that she needs to be further developed to be considered a believable character. Despite this, she would eventually garner her own fandom as her number of appearances create and these fans would sometimes consider her having more of a character than Peach (Which is an unpopular opinion at best). Her reoccurring appearances in these spinoffs alone makes her a great option to have more references to other Mario spinoffs not repped in Smash like Mario party, Mario Strikers, Mario Hoops, Mario Sports, Mix and & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Did I forget to mention her awesome flower abilities that would work well in a Smash environment?

There are a few arguments or flaws that she might have in the form of the ever repetitive "muh clones" argument. Her similarity with Peach is rather intentional, but it truly isn't supposed to mean that she would do that same things she can do. Keep in mind that all clones are last minute additions and DLC means that these characters would have more development time to work. Two ways to solve this problem would be to either give her the less iconic Strikers Costume (Which would be a better way to represent that game in Smash) or to make her a more aggressive semi-clone with less of the more girlier and Toadstool-y related attacks. Then there's the whole overrepresentation argument that can easily be destroyed one we realize that Mario is one of the most popular, if not, biggest IP's Nintendo has to offer. She is popular with casuals and fans alike despite the vocal "hatedom" and Nintendo would feel free to do anything possible make a Mario character like her sell. But that still doesn't stop characters like Paper Mario, Geno, Captain Toad (Who has less support in Japan), and Waluigi (Who's technically still an AT) from stomping her in terms of ballot votes. It's just one of these situations where Sakurai would have to think of the circumstances of these Mario characters and pick which one he feel can be up his alley.

Want: 85%

Favorite Mario character and main in many spinoffs since Day One and it would be a dream come true if she's in Smash in some way or form (alt or fighter). It was actually pretty shocking that Sakurai didn't give her the Koopalings treatment at first since they had plenty of love put into their models (And their rather clipped voices). Being able to use Crystal Smash in a game that isn't Mario Strikers would be an instant win. Plus, it would be so satisfying to rub it in the faces of all her haters by maining her in every online match with the quotes "Hi, I'm Daisy!", "Hot stuff!", and "Yahooo!". Who knows, it could also potentially lead Nintendo to actually using the character in more canon games in the future instead of keeping her as spinoff fodder forever. The Daisy's gonna play, them haters gonna hate.

Ninten: 4%

Nomination: Monita x5

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
*sings* I've been waiting, I've been waiting for this moment all my life. It feels so good.

Daisy

Princess Daisy is a character that original started off as a stand-in for Peach in a fictional kingdom that would eventually be forgotten due to Nintendo's bias against the Super Mario Land games. Since then, the character would be used one exclusives in spinoffs that would future develop her personality (Overemphasizing on Yokoi's image of her being a tomboy) and being a close friend for Peach. She is as equally as a Base Breaker as Waluigi, meaning that there are sides of the fandom that loathe her for being "irrelevant" or feel that she needs to be future developed to be considered a believable character. Despite this, she would eventually garner her own fandom as her number of appearances create and these fans would sometimes consider her having more of a character than Peach (Which is an unpopular opinion at best). Her reoccurring appearances in these spinoffs alone makes her a great option to have more references to other Mario spinoffs not repped in Smash like Mario party, Mario Strikers, Mario Hoops, Mario Sports, Mix and & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Did I forget to mention her awesome flower abilities that would work well in a Smash environment?

There are a few arguments or flaws that she might have in the form of the ever repetitive "muh clones" argument. Her similarity with Peach is rather intentional, but it truly isn't supposed to mean that she would do that same things she can do. Keep in mind that all clones are last minute additions and DLC means that these characters would have more development time to work. Two ways to solve this problem would be to either give her the less iconic Strikers Costume (Which would be a better way to represent that game in Smash) or to make her a more aggressive semi-clone with less of the more girlier and Toadstool-y related attacks. Then there's the whole overrepresentation argument that can easily be destroyed one we realize that Mario is one of the most popular, if not, biggest IP's Nintendo has to offer. She is popular with casuals and fans alike despite the vocal "hatedom" and Nintendo would feel free to do anything possible make a Mario character like her sell. But that still doesn't stop characters like Paper Mario, Geno, Captain Toad (Who has less support in Japan), and Waluigi (Who's technically still an AT) from stomping her in terms of ballot votes. It's just one of these situations where Sakurai would have to think of the circumstances of these Mario characters and pick which one he feel can be up his alley.

Want: 85%

Favorite Mario character and main in many spinoffs since Day One and it would be a dream come true if she's in Smash in some way or form (alt or fighter). It was actually pretty shocking that Sakurai didn't give her the Koopalings treatment at first since they had plenty of love put into their models (And their rather clipped voices). Being able to use Crystal Smash in a game that isn;t Mario Strikers would be an instant win. Plus, it would be so satisfying to rub it in the faces of all her haters by maining her in every online match with the quotes "Hi, I'm Daisy!", "Hot stuff!", and "Yahooo!". Who knows, it could also potentially lead Nintendo to actually using the character in more canon games in the future instead of keeping her as spinoff fodder forever. The Daisy's gonna play, them haters gonna hate.

Ninten: 4%

Nomination: Monita x5
This is the way to start a new page :p

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Tetra C 15% W 40%
Pichu C 45% W 90%
Ryu C 75% W 5%
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Chance: 15% She already has a near identical costume in the form of peach, and unlike Waluigi she has pretty much no personality other than being called "tomboyish" and screaming "HI, I'M DAISY", so she probably won't end up being a candidate anyway. She is though, clone material, so Mr. Sakurai might add her as filler.
Want: 2% I don't really care for her and I'd much rather Waluigi be the next Mario Rep. (or Paper Mario if he counts)
Predictions: Ninten 5%
Nominations: Dark Matter (kirby) x 5 Or 10 if I still have extra nominations from Ryu prediction, not sure if they still work if I never used them? Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Daisy Gatsby:

Chance: 20%

She's be easy enough to make a clone of and has a vocal fanbase, but I don't see her ranking in high in the ballot.

Want: 0%

I've given my stance on Mario characters and am ambivalent toward Daisy herself, so nope.

Ninten predictions!?

Chance: 5%

Want: 12%

Want:

Moonstruck Blossom x3

Homecoming Hijinx x2

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Daisy
Chance:20%
I don't see her really happening. I've yet to find a good and original moveset for her (the sport one sounds boring to me, and does really the Mario Sports games deserve a rep? I don't think so).
Want: 30%
I don't care of her. But there is a Mario character that deserve to be added before everyone else:
Toad, people!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Daisy (Super Mario)

Chance:20%
I might be putting this a bit too high, but I think this is a fairly good percentage. Created by the deceased Gunpei Yokoi as heroine for Super Mario Land, Daisy has been picked up by Nintendo as Peach's partner in a countless number of Mario spinoffs. Thus, she is among the most recognizable Nintendo characters that are yet to be represented in Smash. While her moveset would undoubtably take inspiration from Peach, she may be abe to throw in a couple of moves from the spinoff titles, heck Sakurai can just think up some on his own. At the same time, she is just Peach #2 to be most people's eyes, and does not stand out on her own like Rosalina and Bowser Jr/Koopalings do as a character. This is mostly due to her not being in the story-driven Mario games, though that could change in any moment.

Want:20%
I will just say this first: I like Daisy. A lot. While I usually don't have a single "main" in the majority of the games I play(I perfer to shuffle around twenty or so characters that I like to use), Daisy is one of the characters that I use more than others in the Mario spinoffs. I certainly perfer her more than Peach, who I think is just overall bland and needs a lot of character development(The Paper Mario franchise is helping big time in this regard).

But that does not mean that Daisy isn't bland as a character either.

When you think about what Daisy is, all she really is a tomboy that is heavy on flowers instead of hearts. Thats...it. That's all we know. We need Daisy to star in a primary role in a number of Mario games to stretch her character, but this is where she hit's an all time low, as she has never been in a Mario game with actual story since the original Super Mario Land(Which has almost no story at all). This is the big problem I have for her. While I like her out of all the bland Mario characters that get thrown in every Mario spinoff, but she lacks huge character overall. I rarely support characters like that. And when the said bland character isn't from like this franchise that has little representation in Smash(Ice Climbers, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit), or when said character isn't actually important to the said franchise(Mario, Peach, Pokemon Trainer), I just can't want the character.

This also means, however, that I would go and support Daisy if she actually got some good dialog and personality outside of "HI IM DAISY" in a mainstream Mario title, or one of the Mario RPGs. Like a Luigi spinoff of a 3D Mario game that has Daisy the heroine instead of Peach.(Which is what they should've done in Luigi U) Or a M&L game that has Peach & Daisy pair up alongside the Mario Bros. That would be exciting, and would give Daisy a much better spot in the Mario universe. I'd actually start supporting too.

But until then, I'm keeping my want scores low.

Ninten predictions: 5%
Many people, including me, will be thinking that two Mother reps are enough.

Nominations:Slime(Dragon Quest) x5

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Daisy aka Luigi's side girl/girlfriend.

Chance: 30%.
It's more than the being a Peach clone, it's more than the too many Mario reps, it's just that well.....she's filler.
Don't get me wrong, I like her but her a Waluigi suffer from the same problems that they are filled characters.

That unique quirks but man, they just fit better in the background. At least Bowser Jr is carrying the Koopalings and Rosalina represents Galaxy games

Want: 30%
I like her in Mario Kart, I love her in Strikers, I like her in Mario Kart. I'll like her anywhere BUT Smash, sorry

I want Geno rated

Nominated: Starman x4 & Isa x2

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Ryu - 97.7%
1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Simon Belmont - 35%
12: Ice Climbers - 30%

12: Captain Toad - 30%
13: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

14: Magolor - 25%
15: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
16: Quote - 21.5%
17: Phoenix Wright - 20%
17: Shovel Knight - 20%
18: Shantae - 20.5%
19: Tetra - 20.3%

20: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
21: Lip - 10.5%
22: Ray - 5%
23: Pichu - 5%
26: Daisy - 5.7%
27: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Ninten - ?.?%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Ryu - 60%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Phoenix Wright - 55%
12: Ridley - 50%
13: Inkling - 30%
14: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

15: Rayman - 25%
16: Quote - 23%

17: Krystal - 20%
17: Dixie Kong - 20%
18: Tetra - 20.5%

19: Roy - 10.5%
20: Lip - 5.7%

21: Captain Toad - 5.5%
22: Ray - 4.5%
23: Pichu - 1%
23: Daisy - 1%

-: Ninten - ?.?%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Daisy

Chance - 5.7%: Just one above TOO BIG to salvage the shameful lowest chance accolade. Looks like this beaut's petals are wilting! Better be pushing up your namesake through your tumult!

Daisy has always been an odd duck in her own franchise and she's a character that tends to break the base. She was only meant to be a fill-in for Peach in Super Mario Land where she was nothing more than a swap-out expy damsel-in-distress. Due to a lack of human Mario characters at the time, they just plopped her into NES Open Golf Tournament as the opposite to Peach. And it all festers from there. Through Party. Through Kart. Through Tennis. Through Baseball. And anything in between.

Daisy's character is so bland that her fame piggybacks off the core material of all the spin-off games she's been featured in. The only feasible movesets I ever see for her involve using a bunch of sports-related attacks. Perhapse the only abililties exclusive to her are flowah powahs! That's not to say that her moveset potential isn't there because that's how it's realized. It would just feel nothing like Daisy!

Yeah, Daisy sure gets a lot of hate... with the prospect of appearing outside her series. As much as I hate her character, I will say that she rightfully deserves her place as a sports fill-in. Remember how ape**** people were when Waluigi was removed from Mario Kart 7? Despite having a substantial hatebase for years? It would be ironic for the same thing to repeat with Daisy.

I will say that I acknowledge that Daisy has a lot of overglamorzing supporters and there always has been a contingent of fans who feel she gets neglected when Peach and/or Rosalina appear in one game without her as a third wheel. They're so vocal that they raised my Chance score to a 5.7% and they have managed to get Daisy high in Ballot prelims, sometimes even in Top 10. Like Waluigi or Toadette, she's one of those Mario side characters that maintains some strong fan favoritism and has a fair amount of dedicated content in sports spin-offs. From numerous Kart courses, sports arenas, a recurring recolors for Peach in Smash with matching earrings & chestpiece, and even an alt costume for Bayonetta in Bayonetta 2 just to name a few.

Want - 1%: Tied with the designated Butt Monkey of Smash, Pichu!

I just don't understand the appeal to this ****ing character! She's one of the densest video game characters I've ever seen! Let alone for a fill-in! Waluigi may have hallow factors giving him a weak identity outside sports games. But at least he has a design that's a heavy departure from the other Bros., actually has personality, and has his sports appearances tied into his backstory!

It's especially baffling since Rosalina is the antithesis of Daisy. Rosalina has the most effort put into her character than any other Mario side character! Right off the bat, her design is way more nuanced, she has a backstory spanning two games that don't make her just a damsel-in-distress, she has a key role in Mario lore, and has a more likeable personality for many people. If it weren't for these factors, her expanded spin-off role wouldn't bound into making her a secret playable character in Super Mario 3D World. Oh, and guess who made it into Smash? Along with a ****ing adorable little Luma!?

What in the four kingdoms of Sarasaland does Daisy do that would make her more appealing for Smash!? She already has very little going for her core character. At best, she'd be a fully-unique character. At worse, she'd be a straight-up Peach clone. I can see her being a Peach semi-clone as the most likely compromise.

Daisy fans, you know what you should be doing instead of voting Daisy into the Smash Ballot? Demand Nintendo to quit neglecting her character in mainline Mario titles and actually force them to develop her into a well-rounded character! Maybe then, and only then, would I like her better and perhaps even support her for Smash. But as of now, it looks like that will remains steeper than a snake's ass in a drainage ditch. So ****ing get to work!

PREDICTION

Ninten

Chance - 6.578%
Want - 9.783%

Looks like the next two characters I'm vouching against.

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2
*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x1

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Alright already, lady! We know what your name is!

--

Daisy

Chance: 12%
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, this one. Created to be a replacement damsel in distress in Super Mario Land when Mario was called to lands beyond the Mushroom Kingdom, Daisy's only roles since have been in Mario spinoffs. While she's done well in the context of Mario Kart, Mario Party, and all the Mario sports games, her popularity beyond them is...rather hit and miss. Her Ballot support shows it as well, with a few high ranks in unofficial polls...spread amongst a bunch of others where she's an afterthought.

This doesn't bode well for a Mario character. Not only is fan interest rather low in getting a third Mario newcomer, more Mario fans seem interested in Captain Toad, Paper Mario, or even Waluigi. While the developers don't think primarily in terms of reps and wouldn't veto a Mario character just because a different Mario character already made it, her support does seem to be getting siphoned away by said characters.

Worse still? Daisy has been such an afterthought in Mario canon that her moveset potential banks on her spinoff appearances, and not on any inherent powers of her own! With a moveset so reliant on her game appearances and a personality so bland and one-dimensional that isn't compensated for by having major roles in her series, will the developers even be interested in her? She may not even measure up against more compelling options, even from within the Mario universe!

With a following too small for its dedication to overcome and with so many strikes against her, Daisy's odds don't look good. At least she can still cheer Luigi on, right?

Want: 10%
And it's that same flat personality and faltering moveset potential that has me...not liking the idea of Daisy getting in. If we were to get another Mario character, I'd rather it was Paper Mario or (even though I still think it's too early) Captain Toad.

I wouldn't mind if she was an alt for Peach, though. And who knows, if she can land some major roles in future Mario games and her character got expanded on, maybe I'll feel differently when Smash 5 rolls around.

Ninten Prediction: 5.45%
Something tells me people won't think a third Mother character would be worth it...but his rate'll get raised a little by people including his chances of being an alt in with their ratings.

Nominations:
Alpha-Form Stages x5

Need to figure out what to push for next...

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Daisy:

Chance: 30%

Want: 60%

Prediction: Ninten 13%

Nomination: Monita x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
Daisy! Hi! I'm Daisy!

Well... Don't exactly the most loved character... but she already has her popularity to stay in a better position that other most wanted characters.

Want: 50%

I like her more that Daisy... but... Daisy really needs do SOMETHING outside the spin-off games... If they do something with her in the future and give her more material to work... My want rate will raise.

Predictions: Ninten

Chance: 10%
Want: 35%

Nominations:

Micaiah x3
Tiki x1
Kos-mos x1

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Daisy fans, you know what you should be doing instead of voting Daisy into the Smash Ballot? Demand Nintendo to quit neglecting her character in mainline Mario titles and actually force them to develop her into a well-rounded character! Maybe then, and only then, would I like her better and perhaps even support her for Smash. But as of now, it looks like that will remains steeper than a snake's *** in a drainage ditch. So ****ing get to work!
When there's a ballot for that, we'll make sure to chime in our opinions for that. 'Til then, we'll vote for the D. lol ;P

Anyhow:

HI I'M DAISY!!!
This'll be one of my first legit defensive ratings for a character I really want. I missed Paper Mario, who is my number one, so this is for you Paper Mario!!!

Chances: 25%
- I know Daisy isn't the most relevant of characters. People say that Rosalina stole her lime light in the games when she appeared playable in Super Mario 3D World and not Daisy. While I don't completely agree with this (because I know how quickly Rosalina's popularity grew compared to Daisy's), Daisy is practically the side game queen. Yet the side games is pretty much what showed her differences from her blonde cousin, Petch Peach. Since Mario Party 3, Daisy was a kick-butt, sassy, take no prisoners, desert gal compared to Peach's innocent and kind demeanor. While personality isn't enough to make a character super popularity and she doesn't have back story, Daisy has the power to manipulate flowers and possibly even plants. Not only that, but the game that fleshed out character personalities in a sense, Mario Strikers Charged, granted her the power of crystals.

In my honest opinion, if Daisy were to get in I feel that Sakurai would greatly neglect Daisy's abilities to use crystals to her advantage. A lot of fan movesets always involve her getting her moves from the Party games or Sport spin-offs. While getting Crystals would be apart of the Strikers Charged game, its one of her most infamous tools aside from making people's ears bleed from repeating "HI I'M DAISY!!!".

Everyone always considers Daisy to be a hands down Peach clone, but I feel like this is a very bold statement. Heck, I remember a lot of people use to say Bowser Jr. would be a complete clone of his father. Yeah, shocking right? I feel like this is around the same context. Any Mario character has great potential for their own moveset. Heck, if Dr. Mario was worked on better his moveset could've involved more usage of vitamins and viruses. Luigi and Dr. Mario were clones of the original Mario, and while Luigi evolved from that, Dr. Mario was kept as a clone for "Melee fans" according to that one interview...I reject the idea of having Daisy as a clone, mainly because of how contrasting her personality is from Peach. Daisy doesn't slap, she throws full fledged punches. She doesn't booty bump, she'll drop kick your butt! She wouldn't throw her servant in front of her to take the blow, she'd set up a crystal barrier to protect her and spike you into oblivion. Haha, we're starting to enter the more personal opinions with that last one, but yeah.

As @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan mentioned, she has a lot more people in front of her. If Toad and Waluigi aren't deconfirmed fully, they could easily get in front of her. Especially Toad. We have Paper Mario in as well. As far as Mario characters go though, its these four. Sorry people, I will never believe Geno will get in, mainly because of the Square Enix issue. If it wasn't for that, he probably would've been in by now. So what if we have 7 Mario reps already? Can we remember who the face of Nintendo is? Pokemon has the second highest 'cause of their sales, popularity, and because of great move set potential from practically any of them.

TL;DR - Daisy is a cool cat, give her a chance, the Mario representative argument is complete BS, and she can differ from Peach really well if you would think about it.

Want - 90%

- Again, Paper Mario is my number one, with Inklings in second. I'd love it if Daisy got in, but I'd be even happier if the other two made it in first. 'Til then:

Predictions:
Ninten - 4%

Nominations:
Crash Bandicoot x5 (anyone wanna help me with this? :p)

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Alright already, lady! We know what your name is!

--

Daisy

Chance: 12%
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, this one. Created to be a replacement damsel in distress in Super Mario Land when Mario was called to lands beyond the Mushroom Kingdom, Daisy's only roles since have been in Mario spinoffs. While she's done well in the context of Mario Kart, Mario Party, and all the Mario sports games, her popularity beyond them is...rather hit and miss. Her Ballot support shows it as well, with a few high ranks in unofficial polls...spread amongst a bunch of others where she's an afterthought.

This doesn't bode well for a Mario character. Not only is fan interest rather low in getting a third Mario newcomer, more Mario fans seem interested in Captain Toad, Paper Mario, or even Waluigi. While the developers don't think primarily in terms of reps and wouldn't veto a Mario character just because a different Mario character already made it, her support does seem to be getting siphoned away by said characters.

Worse still? Daisy has been such an afterthought in Mario canon that her moveset potential banks on her spinoff appearances, and not on any inherent powers of her own! With a moveset so reliant on her game appearances and a personality so bland and one-dimensional that isn't compensated for by having major roles in her series, will the developers even be interested in her? She may not even measure up against more compelling options, even from within the Mario universe!

With a following too small for its dedication to overcome and with so many strikes against her, Daisy's odds don't look good. At least she can still cheer Luigi on, right?

Want: 10%
And it's that same flat personality and faltering moveset potential that has me...not liking the idea of Daisy getting in. If we were to get another Mario character, I'd rather it was Paper Mario or (even though I still think it's too early) Captain Toad.

I wouldn't mind if she was an alt for Peach, though. And who knows, if she can land some major roles in future Mario games and her character got expanded on, maybe I'll feel differently when Smash 5 rolls around.

Ninten Prediction: 5.45%
Something tells me people won't think a third Mother character would be worth it...but his rate'll get raised a little by people including his chances of being an alt in with their ratings.

Nominations:
Alpha-Form Stages x5

Need to figure out what to push for next...
Aren't many Mario characters "bland" and "one-dimensional?"

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Princess of Sarasaland - Daisy

Chance A: Her own character, 25% - Daisy, she's an oddity in the Mario series. Super Mario Land was her debut, an actual main stream game in the series, not a spin-off. She was referenced I believe in Super Mario Land 2 (or maybe not, my details on the two are fuzzy). Since then, Nintendo has for some reason refused to use here in other Mario games. Heck, she was even absent in New Super Luigi U. Really? Was it really that hard to at least add Daisy to that? I'm not sure what their reason for giving Daisy the boot is, but it's obviously not helpful.
Chance B: As a Peach Alt, 75% - This is something that I know someone has tossed around a few times. Peach already has a Daisy recolor, how hard would it be to just make a model somewhat based off of this and make her an alternate to Peach. People can't exactly be upset because Peach's move set wouldn't really fit Daisy because, let's be honest, did anyone ever expect the Koopalings in the clown car?

Want A: Own character, 50% - I'm neutral to the idea. I mean, Toad or Paper Mario are much more unique, but a part of me really does feel bad for Daisy for being kicked around a lot. It must really suck to be Sarasaland's Princess. Also, as much as I like Waluigi, let's be honest. Daisy actually got a main game appearance, her debut. Waluigi hasn't gotten any yet, not even in a Wario game...
Want B: Peach Alt - 100% - Cue the Eggman quote; "You know what they say, the more the merrier." I love the idea of giving character's Alts, it provides a chance for another character to get into the game, without necessarily taking a "roster spot." Daisy would fit perfectly as an alt, and if she isn't going to be her own character (which is really a low chance), this is the best thing Daisy fans can hope for.

Predictions: Ninten
Ah, Ninten, if anyone is ever shown a picture of you, Ness, and Lucas, I'm sure most people probably ask "why is Ness pictured twice?" Our first Mother hero doesn't really get the recognition he deserves does he? He's like the Luigi to Ness' Mario. Actually, combine peoples general unknowing of him with Lucas' "cowardice" you really can get Luigi... odd huh? Well, how about 36%, maybe as a mix of his own character and a Ness alt...

Nominations:
Same as usual lately, chalk me up for:
Chibi-Robo X2
Meowth X3
and I'm good.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This, you know there's something wrong when an ape wearing a tie has more personality than a red capped human. Even his fat yellow doppelgänger (Wario) shows more character development in his many appearances than him. :laugh:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's weird how people think Daisy has no personality or that being a tomboy princess with flowers is not enough even when like 50% of the roster has no personality or are just a bunch of stereotypes, specially the Mario characters XD

Personalities in Smash:

:4mario::4link::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4villager::4mii::4littlemac::4samus:: nothing
:4luigi:: gloomy coward
:4peach:: girly
:4bowser::4ganondorf:: evil
:4bowserjr:: annoying kid
:4wario:: disgusting
:4zelda::rosalina:: calm
:4darkpit::4mewtwo::4metaknight:: edgy
:4yoshi::4pacman:: happy
:4robinm::4drmario:: smart
:4falcon::4shulk::4sonic:: meme :awesome:
:4lucario:: the aura!

etc.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
This, you know there's something wrong when an ape wearing a tie has more personality than a red capped human. Even his fat yellow doppelgänger (Wario) shows more character development in his many appearances than him. :laugh:
I think for Daisy's well being, I should make a list of the top ten Mario characters with a personality. That way, we can decide on these "bland personality" arguments.

So, without further ado...
Top 10 Mario characters with personality

10. Mario - Is this grasping at straws? Many say Mario has no personality really, or does he? This complex guy has done several things. He's saved Princesses before, but than turns and forces said princess and even his own brother to partake in party games of death. Heck, he even flat out ignores that King Dedede has his trophified brother hostage because he only cares to see the Princess. He threw an ape of a construction site, and later locked him up forcing his son to save him, but then becomes friends with the ape's family. He shows no signs of hate towards Bowser in spin-off games, despite their past bouts. Maybe Mario isn't bland, maybe he's complex... or maybe I'm taking this too far.
9. Bowser Jr. - Bratty is a personality, right?
8. Toad/Captain Toad/SM3DW Toad - Lower level Luigi
7. Donkey Kong - To be fair, this is more developed in the Mario vs. DK series, or DK's actual own series.
6. Kamek - Child kidnapper. Maybe more of a profession than personality, but I like to think it says something about his personality.

I meant that he's evil enough to kidnap babies. Geez, you all need to get your minds out of the gutter...
5. Starlow - Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, they actually have that little 'sidekick' character in a similar vain to Navi who I don't despise. :D
4. Yoshi - Happy, always willing to help, even when Mario throws him off cliffs.
3. Wario - Greedy ani-hero archetype. Not much more here.
2. Luigi - Cowardly, but always willing to help when needed, showing great bravery. He thinks things through and takes time to organize his things, unlike Mario.
1. Bowser - Yeah, you can thank the RPG games really.

So, all in all, I think only Bowser to Yoshi have actual personalities. Mind you this is all opinionated, but yeah. Many Mario characters just aren't fleshed out in personality.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Daisy...

Chances.., 21%
I think her demand and fanbase of supporters is what keeps her going in the ballot, but I think with so many Mario characters in the game, and quite a bit of a controversial character in regards to what she's contributed to the Mario series, that might hinder her chances.

Wants: 10%
Not a big fan of her. I think what Daisy needs is more of an active role in the Mario series rather than being limited to spin-off games where she can be seen as Peach's rival.

Nominations: Waluigi X5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Daisy chances: 1.9%
There's he fact she's a staple in every Mario Kart/Golf/Party/whatever and, since those series are such successful cash-cows for Nintendo, the fact she's instantly recognizable by virtually any Nintendo fan, plus she'd possibly be based at least partially on Peach for model and animations, thus saving some development time, and... that's approximatively all she has going for her. Many character who currently are in Smash Bros. have the same thing plus much more. She has little relevance to the main Mario series, with her sole role being replacing Peach in one Mario Land title for what I believe, which honestly wasn't that much memorable of a role; the fact she's generally remembered for her "spin-off" appearances (where she never had been particularly any more prominent than the rest of the Mario cast including characters who currently are in Smash Bros. as well) and she's often suggested to have a moveset based on these games says quite a lot. If Sakurai was so harsh with Waluigi, a character in a similar situation, when he deconfirmed him then I don't see Daisy being in his radar either.

You can argue she's doing well on the official Ballot for the huge recognizability alone, but in all honesty I think people from the "silent majority" with somewhat limited overall Nintendo knowledge who vote for her due to being familiar with the character in Mario Kart/Golf/Party/whatever easily outweigh the passionate Nintendo fans who genuinely want her in Smash for what she is.

Daisy want: 0%
Eh, I guess I've shared most of my thoughts about her in the chances section (call me biased if you want, but I don't see her being in Sakurai's radar and I can't really give her higher than that) but I really don't want Daisy as a fully fledged character in Smash Bros. Besides the now mostly forgotten role of her being the princess of Sarasaland (not to mention the Super Mario Land series, which is set in this country, also introduced another character with far more legacy behind him than Daisy and who is actually playable in Smash Bros... I mean Wario, of course) she doesn't really stand out as a character in the Mario universe and is mostly a "spin-off" fodder more than anything else... Another thing I dislike about her as a character choice for Smash Bros. is the fact she's I think an "unimaginative" choice, in other words a character you'd see in Smash Bros. just because or their recurrence in a famous game series without taking into account their actual influence and prominence in the series, something I implicitly implied in the second paragraph of my chances score.

"B-but she could be unique and represent Mario Sports!" Could she be unique? Of course, I'm not denying it. But is it worth it? Honestly considering her role as a "spin-off fodder" more than anything else and the fact Mario "spin-offs" already are represented through other characters' moves (Peach's side smash and Bowser Jr.'s side special) I don't think she's Smash material and I wouldn't bother giving her a moveset for Smash Bros.

I don't hate Daisy as a character or anything, but for me she's nothing special as a Mario character and as such I think her as a character choice would add very little value to the Smash Bros. roster and the Mario series' representation. Not to mention I feel the Mario series got a bit too much love compared to a lot of other series with two fully unique newcomers, an unfair amount of stages and a considerable amount of new items... I know Mario is Nintendo's biggest juggernaut by a considerable margin, but still! And even then if I had to chose a Mario newcomer for DLC then I'd much rather have Captain Toad who I think is a superior choice in every possible way. Still I guess I'd rather have her over random third-party nobodies because she's at least a famous Nintendo character, but that's not saying much.

Fun fact, Daisy got a lower want score than Magikarp in the original RTC... just sayin' :129:

Ninten prediction: 4.70%
He would complete the Mother protagonists triangle, but he'd feel kinda redundant and doesn't have the luxury to be a veteran like Lucas... looks like he's pretty much guaranteed to be close to the bottom of the chances chart.

Nominating...
Eh, looks like my "DLC characters get custom moves" concept actually has a decent chance to happen before the weekend when I won't be able to rate. It depends on if we're rating Squirtle and Ivysaur the same day, which I think would be something logical to do. If this is the case then maybe I'll nominate my concept if I'm confident enough that it won't be outnominated by other characters and concepts, otherwise I'll try to be safe and make sure my own concept is outnominated enough to not happen during this weekend.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
To an extent. Not much personality shines through in the main series, since they're meant more to represent the player. It's the spinoffs where their personalities come from, interestingly enough. The RPGs are responsible for rounding out Peach and Bowser, and Luigi gained depth both from the former and from Luigi's Mansion. The spinoffs developed by Next Level Games are really good at this, and in the Strikers series they even gave Mario some depth, by having him be a decent guy who becomes a showoff when the spotlight's on him.

Strikers actually did give Daisy some personality as well--super competitive and short-tempered when she's losing--but it only goes so far when it's a second-tier sports spinoff. Daisy can't get away with it as well since she isn't an icon on the level of Mario.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Daisy
Chances - 2%
One more Mario character getting in as DLC is a possibility (but not a guarantee), but there's definitely a couple of heavyweights that stand in her way.

Want as a standalone character - 0% (she is by far my favorite major female Mario character out of Mario, Rosalina, and Daisy, as well as my favorite female in Kart/sports games, but she is also the least important, and very low priority among them for me).

Nominate -
Terra Branford x2
Crono x2
Black Mage x1

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Shoot ! I wasn't here to vote for Geno's turn, oh well, at least he's garanteed to be rated Tuesday XD (oh damn who am I going to nominate now ?!)

DAY 35 : The Call of Daisy
Chance : 34%
As many don't see it, Daisy is one of the most demanded character in the Smash Ballot ! She may be overshadowed by Shantae or Wolf or King.K.Krool but she have a lot of fans voting for her.
She may have more chances to be a Peach alt. than her own spot, but Sakurai could surprise us...

Want : 100%
She's my second wanted character to be in Smash and I would be happy if she makes in ! (If Geno doesn't and she does--)
She may seem to be a clone for a lot of you but she have a potential to have an unique moveset than Peach !
As many told, she got the "Tomboy" personality, and she is known to be in most Sport Spin-off where she could get her moves from ! (Her Crystal Fist is a MUST if she makes it !)
And I would love to troll the haters with her "annoying" "HI I'M DAISY !".
Plus, doesn't Luigi need his girlfriend too ? Mario got Peach but what about the "Tango Tanglers" ? :chuckle:

Prediction :

Ninten : 20%

Nomination : Well since Geno is coming up soon, no need to vote for him sooo... *thinks*
  • Klonoa x5 (Found who I need to nominate !)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Time for Ad-Rate-Ure.

Daisy:

"Daisy only appears in spin-offs. I, Rosalina, appeared in a main game. Thus I am a main Mario character and relevant"
While Daisy has not appeared in many main Mario games, this doesn't mean she's not a main Mario character.
She appeared in almost every spin-off ever. And when counting these, appearing in most of them is pretty major in and of itself.
Daisy appears in all spin-offs, making her always relevant.

Not only does she appear in most of the spin-offs, she also appears in one of the first, making her have senority while being relevant.

There's no rule that says the spin-offs are inferior to the least major main games.
That's just a fan-rule.

Fact is, Daisy appears more than the rest of the potential candidates, from 90's to now, and has no reason to stop doing that.

Btw, this character probably appeared in more games than your whole top 5 appeared together.
Even King K. Rool dwarfs in comparison to the Flower Princess.

"Daisy has no moveset potential/no clear archetype. I, Rosalina, have spacey stuff and Lumas to work with"
Just like you are just a Space Peach, amirite.

Daisy has a lot of moveset potential for the previous answer given.
Most spin-offs involve special moves and catergories (All-Round, Speed etc.)
Thus we have a very good sense of Daisy's potential and archetype when looking at these.
Looking at it, it seems Daisy has an affinity for Flowers and a speedy and technical character.

Now there's something important to say here:
The moveset is not made by solely taping together the individual special moves.

There are creative liberties to take when making these.
While a basketball dunk is the only recovery move that is a spin-off move, a better fit would be a Petal Tornado or a Flower Glider (Mario Kart 8 or Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Another example is a garden special that, while appearing in Mario Power Tennis, could house different plant-like enemies to damage enemies, or could release pollen, petals and other plant-stuff to hurt the opponent.

Last, but not least, there are a lot of Mario plantpowers that Daisy could use.
There are dozens of flowers that give actual powers, like Fire Flower.
A lot of plant-like enemies, like Nippers.
And there are a lot of flower-based hazards that could be planted over to Daisy's movekit. (Piranha Vines, Petey Piranha)

See, there's a lot to do with both real-life plant physics, or Mario's thousands of plantpowers.

"No new Mario character, it's impossible. Me, Rosalina and the Big Bowser's Kid are enough. Daisy's unneeded."
Just as unneeded as having Bowser Jr. AND you in the base game, right?

The Mario series sell extremely high, being the most selling franchise from Nintendo.

DLC needs to sell on his own, and what's a better solution than selling a Mario character?

As for "reps", Sakurai added two completely unique Mario characters in the base game already.
No stopping him from adding the third.

"She's so filler"
Um, yeah, that's why Daisy appears even on a roster of 10.
She might be filler, but she's a pretty good one as she fills the Mario Spin-Off roster every single time.

BTW, This is a non-argument, everybody could be said to be filler as every character is made to fill a specific role.

Heck, even Mario is a filler character made to fill-in the lack of Popeye in the original.

Ex.
"Um yeah King K. Rool is so filler they just needed a villain"
"Mario is so filler they just needed a jumpguy after popeye didn't do it"
"Luigi so filler, he's only player two"
"Ridley so filler, they just needed more bosses"

"Daisy has no personality, I, Rosalina, am at least always super sad with echoes."
Being always happy and girly and rainbows (Peach), is as much as a personality as a loud and dense tomboy (Daisy)

Want: 100%
I've played a crap-ton of Mario Spin-Offs and Daisy has always been one of my favorites.

Monita x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
HI! I'M DAISY:
CHANCE: 5%
WANT: 75%

Mario got more than its fill in this game, honestly. No Smash game had this much Mario fanservice: :4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4drmario::4luigi::4mario::4peach::rosalina:. So I'm extremely doubtful about Mario getting another newcomer, clone or not. And frankly, I think Paper Mario and Capt. Toad have her beat.

That said, Daisy is still one of my favourite Mario characters, and I wouldn't mind her inclusion in the least.

NINTEN PREDICTION: 3%

IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
It's weird how people think Daisy has no personality or that being a tomboy princess with flowers is not enough even when like 50% of the roster has no personality or are just a bunch of stereotypes, specially the Mario characters XD

Personalities in Smash:

:4mario::4link::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4villager::4mii::4littlemac::4samus:: nothing
:4luigi:: gloomy coward
:4peach:: girly
:4bowser::4ganondorf:: evil
:4bowserjr:: annoying kid
:4wario:: disgusting
:4zelda::rosalina:: calm
:4darkpit::4mewtwo::4metaknight:: edgy
:4yoshi::4pacman:: happy
:4robinm::4drmario:: smart
:4falcon::4shulk::4sonic:: meme :awesome:
:4lucario:: the aura!

etc.
I suppose most of the "Nothing" characters can be listed as "righteous" or "silent", except Mii, Villager, and Olimar. Mii doesn't really count because it's basically, the player, which technically will have the "personality of the player himself".
Samus has a generally "lonely" and "calm" personality, Fox being calm, Falco being edgy, etc. But I don't really think this "Personality" thing is an argument at all. Filler characters like Waluigi (In place of Wario's "luigi counterpart"), and, the one discussed right now, Daisy (In place of another princess for Luigi?) can be easily given a personality to start with. Given they have to compete in sports and have to be happy in it, they needed a personality. And here, I've start the rating for Daisy:

Chance: 4%
As said, Daisy is just a filler character like Waluigi, so having her here represents nothing much. She is also not too special to actually be a playable character, Despite the given "potential for different movesets", I'll say, so does Anyone else in Mario Sport games. She is also a given palette swap for Peach already, so there's no purpose of adding her.

Want: 0%
I gave this a 0 not because I hate this particular character, but I would feel that having such filler character to be a DLC is like Sakurai announcing that Mario is dominating Smash Bros, that even insignificant characters in the franchise can join smash. In other words, does no good at all.

Ninten: 5%
What do I know about him? I would say he would have a better chance than Daisy, but, like others said, it's getting redundant to have all protagonist from all 3 games of one franchise. Also he would just be seen as another Ness.

Nomination: Bomberman x3, Slime x1. Bomberman is almost the only 3rd Party I would like to see in Smash, and Slime is just one character suggested by my brother, and I would like to see where it goes. All other stuff I want is done already, and I probably missed the chance to spam 100% on Wolf. so yeah.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I've finally decided to play it safe and make sure my "DLC characters get custom moves" concept isn't rated this weekend.

Playable newcomer: KOS-MOS x1
Concept: Rhythm Heaven character x2
Playable newcomer: Elma x2

I'm not particularly interested in rating these, but I want to make sure my concept is outnominated enough to not be rated this weekend.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
@ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice

What are the dates exactly when you're going to be gone?
I won't be there during Saturday 23th and Sunday 24h. If it's okay to secure this concept to not be allowed to be rated during these days even if it reaches the top of nomination list that would be great :D if (and only if) that's okay then I change my nominations to usual due to not needing to make it outnominated anymore:

Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... Daisy!

I think that there's demand for her in the ballot. But as we have already 2 Mario newcomer (plus the Doctor returns), it may hinder her chances.

Want: 90%
She is not the most needed character, but she really is a lovely character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Daisy.

Chance 30%
She has some fan demand and she is a fairly notable character, even for one who mostly just appears in spin-off's.

I'm not going to go with the "She would just be a clone" argument either as that's what people said about Rosalina and Bowser Jr too. Nor will I go with the reps thing either because most expected the Mario franchise to stay at four. Whilst Pokemon gets like 7+ for whatever reason....

So I I'll just give her a 30% It's up to how strong her demand is over at the Ballot and if Sakurai wants to include her imo.

Want: 5%
Never really cared much about her though.... :/

Ninten prediction 5%

Nominating Mallo x5

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Princess of Sarasaland: Tomboy Flower Princess: Princess Daisy
(supported by both me and my sister, even though she's a fan of :4peach: and
:rosalina:, so I took those two into account either way)

Chance: 15% as her own character, 20% as a semi-clone, 40% as a complete clone, 75% as an alt (yeah that's a lot, but I know it)
Daisy is, by far, the most playable character in Mario spin-offs that hasn't appeared in a single main game as an important character (except Super Mario Land). This alone gives her a great moveset potential. If not, then semi-cloning, cloning or putting as an alt are still valid options for her (being very recognizable in the Mario fanbase and all). Plus, she would get her own quotes either way (annoying people/haters with the "Hi I'm Daisy" quote could be fun). All arguments against her have been countered already, too. Now for the competition: Waluigi is an AT (which means he's already in the game "in the flesh"), Captain Toad can't even jump in his own game (for a Mario rep, the jump stat is crucial. Even Bowser can jump, so...), Paper Mario could be added ALONGSIDE Daisy (two Mario DLCs from the general Mario games instead of the sub-series would have great sales, considering Mario is basically the face of Nintendo, with Pokemon and Zelda right behind respectively), and Geno has Square Enix issues.
(Plus, Daisy is playable from the start in Fortune Street, while Peach, who is "far more important to the series", is an unlockable character in the same game, which means they valued Daisy more in another crossover game)

My main in all the Mario spin-offs I've ever played. She's fun, and by far my favorite female character in the seires. Plus, having her in Smash (in whatever form, but not a simple palette swap) would complete the trio of the three most popular Mario princesses (I'm referencing "The Three Little Princesses", a drawn comic that helped both three with their popularity).

Nominate:
See my previous post. I can't nominate any of these as long as none of them are declared to have their RTC days soon. If one of them is declared to have their RTC day soon, then I'll nominate another character instead.

Edit about Paper Mario: I've just read again WeirdChillFever's post that is above mine, and I've saw "DLC sell on its own". I think it applies to Paper Mario: Would someone buy a THIRD Mario (who's basically the same character with a different look and different moves)?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Princess of Sarasaland: Tomboy Flower Princess: Princess Daisy
(supported by both me and my sister, even though she's a fan of :4peach: and
:rosalina:, so I took those two into account either way)

Chance: 15% as her own character, 20% as a semi-clone, 40% as a complete clone, 75% as an alt (yeah that's a lot, but I know it)
Daisy is, by far, the most playable character in Mario spin-offs that hasn't appeared in a single main game as an important character (except Super Mario Land). This alone gives her a great moveset potential. If not, then semi-cloning, cloning or putting as an alt are still valid options for her (being very recognizable in the Mario fanbase and all). Plus, she would get her own quotes either way (annoying people/haters with the "Hi I'm Daisy" quote could be fun). All arguments against her have been countered already, too. Now for the competition: Waluigi is an AT (which means he's already in the game "in the flesh"), Captain Toad can't even jump in his own game (for a Mario rep, the jump stat is crucial. Even Bowser can jump, so...), Paper Mario could be added ALONGSIDE Daisy (two Mario DLCs from the general Mario games instead of the sub-series would have great sales, considering Mario is basically the face of Nintendo, with Pokemon and Zelda right behind respectively), and Geno has Square Enix issues.
(Plus, Daisy is playable from the start in Fortune Street, while Peach, who is "far more important to the series", is an unlockable character in the same game, which means they valued Daisy more in another crossover game)

My main in all the Mario spin-offs I've ever played. She's fun, and by far my favorite female character in the seires. Plus, having her in Smash (in whatever form, but not a simple palette swap) would complete the trio of the three most popular Mario princesses (I'm referencing "The Three Little Princesses", a drawn comic that helped both three with their popularity).

Nominate:
See my previous post. I can't nominate any of these as long as none of them are declared to have their RTC days soon. If one of them is declared to have their RTC day soon, then I'll nominate another character instead.
Not trying to spark a debate, but that doesn't make sense.
And what previous post?

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Daisy

Chances: 45%
Chances if alternate character costumes are confirmed: 90%

Believe it or not, to look at her chances, we can see how she is currently represented in the current Smash games.

In Melee, she had the closest thing to a real alternate costume, with flower petals and matching tan and dress design.

However, in Brawl, the flower petals and other nunaces were completely removed, leaving us only with "Yellow Peach".

The only trophy of Daisy in that game was the "Striker Daisy" trophy, which was the only trophy in Mario Strikers besides Mario and a possible Kremling. This shows that she MIGHT have been considered, but never reached beyond a stage where they actually implemented any files or commented on it like Dixie's absence (who is also a palette swap)

In Smash 4 Wii U, she has not one, not two, but THREE unique trophies of her. If you count the 3DS version, it's four. The Baby Luigi and Daisy trophies are the only baby trophies. This might not mean much at all, but like Dixie, she's one of the only non-assist characters to have an item trophy.

Smash 4 is also the first Smash game in the series to have alternate characters such as :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4alph:

:4lucina: and :4drmario: were planned to be costumes but got promoted into having their own slots.

So what about Daisy (and Dixie), they were STILL palette swaps. It could have been really easy to create one for them, but the flower embellishments are still nowhere to be seen. She also has a Non-DLC Mii hat like Mario, Luigi and Peach.

But in Peach's clear movie, there are too many references to Daisy......

She appears in over 40 games, but then again, Nintendo never even considered her for a main game,unlike Toadette, who appeared in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker as a main character. In an email from Nintendo America to @StarCrystal20, it stated it was up to the development team to make the decisions.

Also we might argue that there are too many Mario reps. While I definitely agree that we have enough Marios (No Paper Mario please), I don't think Sakurai discriminates on representatives. Otherwise, Roy would be out of the question.

I want her and Toad to complete the Mario roster. People would say she's just a filler character, but as @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever stated, she appears even in a small roster in spinoffs. Also I find Peach boring and girly, while Daisy is much more spunky and sassy (but I like her aggressive play-style) so I wouldn't mind if she was a alternative costume or semi-clone. Poor Daisy, the true underdog of the Mario series, always relegated to an extra slot in a Mario roster for padding :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom