• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Not trying to spark a debate, but that doesn't make sense.
And what previous post?
Could you specify what doesn't make sense?
Also, my previous post is the one I've done for Simon Belmont's RTC day (aka, the one where I've nominated five characters equally, and both my previous and first post on this thread).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
One of Smash's key mechanics is jumping. And since Captain Toad can't even do that, his chances of getting in are low :(
"No-Jumpman: A short story about how I don't give a lala about this argument
Captain Toad can't jump and you might say that's the character.

No.
The no-jump shizzle is just a way to achieve the purpose of the game: To make a Mario-Level turn into a puzzle palooza.
The lack of jumps make it so he won't be able to sanic speedrun to the level and thus has to globetrot in a level Mario would beat in a heartbeat with his Cape/Tanooki/Squirrel/Penguin/Jumping powers

So now that that is clear, how can the finnicky thinking fungus feel of the game be placed in Smash?
With giving Toad a bad mobility and bad jumps so he can't go run in and spin2win, but give tools like Minecart and Pickaxe to traverse the stage BEFORE kicking axx in the first place and Turnips, Diamonds and Backpacks to get the damage itself.

If you still feel Captain Toad can't jump is important to him, don't make him jump.
Platforms that lift him up, Backpack throwing (since that's the thing weighing him down) or just horrible jumps like Mac could fix that "issue" easy."

Quoted from me, myself and I.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
"No-Jumpman: A short story about how I don't give a lala about this argument
Captain Toad can't jump and you might say that's the character.

No.
The no-jump shizzle is just a way to achieve the purpose of the game: To make a Mario-Level turn into a puzzle palooza.
The lack of jumps make it so he won't be able to sanic speedrun to the level and thus has to globetrot in a level Mario would beat in a heartbeat with his Cape/Tanooki/Squirrel/Penguin/Jumping powers

So now that that is clear, how can the finnicky thinking fungus feel of the game be placed in Smash?
With giving Toad a bad mobility and bad jumps so he can't go run in and spin2win, but give tools like Minecart and Pickaxe to traverse the stage BEFORE kicking axx in the first place and Turnips, Diamonds and Backpacks to get the damage itself.

If you still feel Captain Toad can't jump is important to him, don't make him jump.
Platforms that lift him up, Backpack throwing (since that's the thing weighing him down) or just horrible jumps like Mac could fix that "issue" easy."

Quoted from me, myself and I.
"Platforms that lift him up" and "backpack throwing" can only be up specials.
Also, you don't understand: most general Mario games are games include a lot of jumping and climbing parts (the canon Mario games are platformers, so jumping is important). Also, if he had horrible jumps, he would need something to compensate for it (and I can't think of anything, because Little Mac compensate for his horrible jumps but his fast speed AND his strong attack, which means that if one stat is horribly bad, then two stats must be either very good or quite good to compensate for the horribly bad stat... That's why Sonic is fast and jump quite high, but does not deal too much damage with his attacks, and also why Bowser can jump a bit high and is very strong, but is very slow in compensation, but quite slow when running).

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Wait, are we discussing about Daisy or Captain Toad? Or that Daisy can't jump?

(My $.02 on this though, I've said this on another place again, but Fox, Link, Captain Falcon(?), Ness(?), Jigglypuff(?) and Pikachu(?) can't jump in their games either, but are still granted jumping capabilities, so what's with this argument?)

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
One of Smash's key mechanics is jumping. And since Captain Toad can't even do that, his chances of getting in are low :(
Captain Toad is capable of jumping. It's just that for the purposes of his puzzle game and the bag weighing him down, he can't! Assuming he is the same Captain Toad from the Toad Brigade in Super Mario Galaxy, he doesn't always have this problem. And he'd probably pick up some Doki Doki Panic characteristics too, the first game where in the localisation Toad was a playable character. In 3D World, the playable Toad has a fantastic running speed which Captain Toad might inherit. He would at the very least be capable of low jumping, which would likely negate any solid high air game, but would likely be compensated by relatively potent sideways attacks! Little Mac has zero air power, but with a low-hopping character, you could still have powerful aerials that are just unlikely to kill easily upwards.

ANYWAY! This ain't no Toad day.

Day Z: Daisy Chances
Chance: 13%

Obligatory HAAAI, I'M DAAISY.

The chance rating is low because despite the fact that they could make Daisy (or Waluigi for that matter) a very interesting character that properly represents all of the Mario spin-off games through their movesets, I feel as though for Daisy they would go more along the "kinda like peach but orange" idea. In MarioKart8, they have a company based on Daisy which is literally called Princess Orange. I can't help but feel that when even the Mario developers themselves consider Daisy, they don't exactly know what to do with her, which is likely why she hasn't made an appearance outside of these party games (discounting her negligible appearance in Marioland). I don't think the Smash folks are on board with adding a character who would be a clone that is already close to being represented through a costume (though those colours have been drifting away from Daisy over time), but I can't see them thinking outside the box enough to give her a party game based moveset. Likely something that has come up in a brainstorm, was met with silence, and skipped past.

Want: 33%
As a clone, zero want. As a rep of the party games, 66%. As it's a coin toss I'm dropping 33% on this one.

Ninten Prediction: 8.4627%
(Uh, is it Ninten tomorrow? I got confused. If it's Geno, I'm gonna say 6.1425%.)

5x Professor Layton nominations! We are nearly there!
L A Y T O N B O Y S

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
"Platforms that lift him up" and "backpack throwing" can only be up specials.

In Brawl, yeah.
But in Smash 4, we have melons as jabs, slingshots as aerials and bullet fire as aerial.

That's called uniqueness.

Also, you don't understand: most general Mario games are games include a lot of jumping and climbing parts (the canon Mario games are platformers, so jumping is important).

And not Captain Toad.
That's called a difference and means nothing to his chances to Smaah Bros.
You don't understand either.

His whole "non-jumping" thing is to make a contrast to the main platformers and to create a puzzle game.
It's to make something easy for a jumping character like Mario a challenging puzzle for Captain Toad.

Also, if he had horrible jumps, he would need something to compensate for it.
(and I can't think of anything, because Little Mac compensate for his horrible jumps but his fast speed AND his strong attack, which means that if one stat is horribly bad, then two stats must be either very good or quite good to compensate for the horribly bad stat... That's why Sonic is fast and jump quite high, but does not deal too much damage with his attacks, and also why Bowser can jump a bit high and is very strong, but is very slow in compensation, but quite slow when running).

He could have a platform/trampoline that lifts him up (Special move), to compensate for his poor jumping ability and create a unique moveset.

No compensating in the rest of the moveset, just a shift in how mobility works normally.
Replies in red.

EDIT: Yeah, this is Daisy's day, so lets continue this in the Daisy thread.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Wait, are we discussing about Daisy or Captain Toad? Or that Daisy can't jump?

(My $.02 on this though, I've said this on another place again, but Fox, Link, Captain Falcon(?), Ness(?), Jigglypuff(?) and Pikachu(?) can't jump in their games either, but are still granted jumping capabilities, so what's with this argument?)
Few points here (sorry if it clog the thread a little, but I'm just making points here, right now):
- Fox is a obligatory StarFox rep (+ space physics)
- Link could jump off cliffs in "A Link to the Past".
- Captain Falcon switches vehicules, so he MUST have a jump of sorts.
- And that's why Ness has a physic double jump instead of a normal double-jump.
- Jigglypuff can float a la Kirby.
- Pikachus are shown to move a lot in the anime (both running and jumping)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Few points here (sorry if it clog the thread a little, but I'm just making points here, right now):
- Fox is a obligatory StarFox rep (+ space physics)
- Link could jump off cliffs in "A Link to the Past".
- Captain Falcon switches vehicules, so he MUST have a jump of sorts.
- And that's why Ness has a physic double jump instead of a normal double-jump.
- Jigglypuff can float a la Kirby.
- Pikachus are shown to move a lot in the anime (both running and jumping)
psychic*

What I mean is, they aren't shown to be jumping in their respective games(Not animes or off-screen predicted stuffs), but granting them ability to jump isn't a hard thing. Over all, not being able to jump in a game doesn't mean they really can't jump. There would of course be a reason for it.

Also, jumping "off" cliffs doesn't quite count as jumping (we're talking about jumping up right?)

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Just curious tho... What's with the decimal digits? From where do you get such precision? Typing out the integer then dropping an amiibo on the number pad?
Normally it's just a feeling, I just go for a number after the decimal points that feels good to me, and on the off chance that I get a prediction right it feels better than if I were to pick some staple whole number. I've gotten one prediction award thus far with my wacky decimals. I believe they round up to two decimal places, but I like going 4 usually. Occasionally I use the numbers to make a joke, as I believe I once used 0.666% with the reasoning "no way in hell". There isn't any rhyme or reason to it, but if this were a more serious thing (they include some sort of leaderboard for good predictions or something) then I might bring actual probability theory into it.

In short, because reasons.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Princess Daisy

Chance - 4.45% - Unless there is a sudden upset in ballot votes, she's likely to be overlooked in favor of other charters. Moveset-wise she is looked over in favor of characters who would seemingly bring more to the table. Many just can't seem to get over her being just Peach in different clothing.

Want - 40% - Meh. Not that interesting, and I say Toad (captain or otherwise) should get in first.

Ninten Prediction - 2.45% - Well, this should go well...

Nominaitons
New Palutetena's Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
psychic*

What I mean is, they aren't shown to be jumping in their respective games(Not animes or off-screen predicted stuffs), but granting them ability to jump isn't a hard thing. Over all, not being able to jump in a game doesn't mean they really can't jump. There would of course be a reason for it.

Also, jumping "off" cliffs doesn't quite count as jumping (we're talking about jumping up right?)
When Link jumped off a cliff, the sprite animation shown him jumping up first, before going down the cliff. Also, just because they aren't shown doesn't mean they can't. However, Captain Toad's backpack is heavy, hence why he couldn't jump in his own game, so.. basically, my point stands.
Also, I forgot to mention Ness has basically the same "jumping off the cliff by starting to jump up before going down the cliff" animation in EarthBound. Also, if the trainer (in the Pokemon games) could jump over a fence, it's possible for pokemons too (as shown by Pokemon X & Y). Also, I'm not sure about the vehicule switch in F-Zero either, but I'm fairly certain that he could. Considering how these characters (the ones you mentioned when trying to prove me wrong) looks in the game, it doesn't look like anything is weighting them down, unlike Captain Toad and his backpack. Sorry to have clogged the thread, but I believe we're done about it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
When Link jumped off a cliff, the sprite animation shown him jumping up first, before going down the cliff. Also, just because they aren't shown doesn't mean they can't. However, Captain Toad's backpack is heavy, hence why he couldn't jump in his own game, so.. basically, my point stands.
Also, I forgot to mention Ness has basically the same "jumping off the cliff by starting to jump up before going down the cliff" animation in EarthBound. Also, if the trainer (in the Pokemon games) could jump over a fence, it's possible for pokemons too (as shown by Pokemon X & Y). Also, I'm not sure about the vehicule switch in F-Zero either, but I'm fairly certain that he could. Considering how these characters (the ones you mentioned when trying to prove me wrong) looks in the game, it doesn't look like anything is weighting them down, unlike Captain Toad and his backpack. Sorry to have clogged the thread, but I believe we're done about it.
Now we're onto the part where it doesn't matter for Smash.
Onto the Daisy thread!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%, Want: 2%

Midna (and Wolf Link)
Chance: 4%, Want: 30%

Ray MK#
Chance: 8%, Want: 23%

Tetra
Chance: 20%, Want: 25%

:pichumelee:
Chance: 45%, Want: 85%

Ryu
Chance: 99%, Want: 60%

Phoenix Wright
Day missed

Lip
Chance: 5%, Want: 35%

Simon Belmont
Chance: 2%, Want: 30%

I love Mario, Zelda and Pokemon days. I can get riled up on these days since I actually have some passion regarding the big three series with some interest in new characters from them.

A Mother or Metroid day appears and I'm totally un-opinionated which makes for dull reading.

Daisy
Chance: 15%
Firstly the representation rule is BS. DLC will be made partially by what will sell. Daisy WILL sell due to being a Mario character.
Secondly Daisy is not an unpopular character by any stretch of the imagination. She is requested, having a lot of requests in Japan and a strong following on Tumblr.

On the other hand...she's not top tier in terms of ballot suggestions, and EAD are more likely to personally support Captain Toad, for whom they have been pushing forward, if they have any say in which Mario character gets chosen considering they glossed over Daisy in 3D World even when looking for a specifically female character.

Daisy COULD get in as a Peach Alt or clone, which would probably be more likely, albeit I'm not sure what her 'Counter' species would be.

She is however a lot more likely than we considered her last year I feel.

Want: 50%
Simply put I am in two minds about Daisy. On the one hand I think she'd be a good addition, but I don't think her moveset would be as interesting as either Captain Toad or Paper Mario or even the deconfimred Waluigi considering Wii Fit Trainer, Ness and Peach cover pretty much everything I can think Daisy could do bar plant magic.

I actually really like Daisy though, and I nearly always play as her palette whenever I play Peach, I just don't think she has any reason to not just be an official Peach alt before we receive a playable Toad of some kind.

Personality arguments, like representation 'rules', are utter BS. Kid Icarus characters have fairly well fleshed out personalities but I don't really feel like that translates well to a fighting game since dialogue and character motivation is about as important to kicking the **** out of one another as democracy is to dictatorships.

Ninten Prediction: 3%
Lucas returning was frankly lucky. Ninten really should of been a Ness alt.

Nomination:
:052: X 5 (Useless NPC, but goddamn if I don't love him)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Daisy:
Chance: 15%
She has a chance as a Dark Pit/Lucina type clone, but as a full fledged character? It doesn't seem all that likely.

Want: 0%
Sorry but no.

Prediction:
Ninten - 5%
Yeah, way too many issues for this guy.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Also, just because they aren't shown doesn't mean they can't.
My point.

Okay, I'm done here, sorry xd

Just saying tho, follow the "What will sell" rule as mentioned, Daisy actually will be less as likely. If a DLC can sell, it must be something unique. Please also remember that Super Smash Bros is not your regular Mario game, but a game where all Iconic Nintendo stars fight. This is where the representation BS comes from. Daisy sure gets requested, but again, there are more optimal choices. She suits neither a "unique" character, or an "iconic nintendo star". She's just a character that appears in Mario multiplayer games.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My point.

Okay, I'm done here, sorry xd

Just saying tho, follow the "What will sell" rule as mentioned, Daisy actually will be less as likely. If a DLC can sell, it must be something unique. Please also remember that Super Smash Bros is not your regular Mario game, but a game where all Iconic Nintendo stars fight. This is where the representation BS comes from. Daisy sure gets requested, but again, there are more optimal choices. She suits neither a "unique" character, or an "iconic nintendo star". She's just a character that appears in all of the top-selling Mario multiplayer games that release multiple times per console.
Daisy appears in ten times more games than most characters deemed sellable/likely
Look at the Wii U and look at how many Mario Spin-Offs there are.

Saying Daisy only appears in Mario-Spin Offs is saying King K. Rool only appears in the Donkey Kong Country series.

Daisy will sell.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well, Daisy is just being stapled into those spin-offs as another chracter, while King K Rool acts as a boss.

A big difference.

Also mentioning how Daisy is in many games doesn't really make a difference. It's still a franchise. Having more of them means the franchise is really popular (and easy to make spin-offs with), and that's it. Daisy still is an insignificant character of the franchise.

Whatever the thing is, if it has got a fanbase, and is still acceptable, it will sell. Question is what would sell more.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, Daisy is just being stapled into those spin-offs as another chracter, while King K Rool acts as a boss.

A big difference.

Also mentioning how Daisy is in many games doesn't really make a difference. It's still a franchise. Having more of them means the franchise is really popular (and easy to make spin-offs with), and that's it. Daisy still is an insignificant character of the franchise.

Whatever the thing is, if it has got a fanbase, and is still acceptable, it will sell. Question is what would sell more.
In the franchise she might be less important, but the fact Mario is so big means a character from that series will sell.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
In the franchise she might be less important, but the fact Mario is so big means a character from that series will sell.
That's right! Any character that people will recognize from that series WILL sell. Role doesn't matter twice as much as we can think. The only important selling point is that the character is recognizable!

Logo12

Smash Lord
Yeah, In fact, let's get King Boo, Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Baby (insert every aforementioned or existing characters) in because they would totally sell!

Smash Bros doesn't work this way.

Be reminded the addition of characters does not only affect sells, but also the impression about this DLC thing. It's not that if it prints money, he will do it. Also there aren't only positive impacts on the sells, but negative ones as well. A regular Smash player didn't buy this game for more Mario characters, but characters all over the Nintendo universe.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, In fact, let's get King Boo, Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Baby (insert every aforementioned or existing characters) in because they would totally sell!

'While Daisy has not appeared in many main Mario games, this doesn't mean she's not a main Mario character.
She appeared in almost every spin-off ever. And when counting these, appearing in most of them is pretty major in and of itself.
Daisy appears in all spin-offs, making her always relevant.

Not only does she appear in most of the spin-offs, she also appears in one of the first, making her have senority while being relevant.

Fact is, Daisy appears more than the rest of the potential candidates, from 90's to now, and has no reason to stop doing that.
Btw, this character probably appeared in more games than your whole top 5 appeared together.
Even King K. Rool dwarfs in comparison to the Flower Princess."

Read full post on previous page.

Tl;dr

While Daisy doesn't appear in a main game, she has the amount of appearances to fix that.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Daisy:
Chance: .3% (as an original character) 13% (as a clone) 33% (as an alt. costume)

I honestly believe that there is no real chance of Daisy getting in as anything but a clone character, and I find it unlikely that new clone characters will be released as DLC. Sakurai has made many characters that could have easily been original into clones (Ganondorf anybody?) but we have never seen a situation in which a character that could have easily been a clone :4darkpit:was given an original moveset.:4darkpit: This happened with a certain :4darkpit:Kid Icarus character if I recall. :4darkpit:He had lots of moveset potential,:4darkpit: but was instead made into a simple clone. :4darkpit:I can't seem to remember who is was though...:4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit:
this post brought to you by Dark Pit Inc.

Want: 0%
I Have no interest in buying a clone newcomer. I'm still unsure if I'm going to pick up Lucas.

Nominating 6+ dlc characters x5

And in regards to the whole "would it sell" question, a potato could be added and it would sell tens of thousands. It's smash bros, people will buy almost any character to have a complete collection.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

Be reminded the addition of characters does not only affect sells, but also the impression about this DLC thing. It's not that if it prints money, he will do it. Also there aren't only positive impacts on the sells, but negative ones as well. A regular Smash player didn't buy this game for more Mario characters, but characters all over the Nintendo universe.
... King Boo could work, but you're right about the other characters. Basically, role doesn't really matter, if a character is recognized and has moveset potential, it will sell.

(To Leafon523: a potato doesn't have moveset potential, so no).

... King Boo could work, but you're right about the other characters. Basically, role doesn't really matter, if a character is recognized and has moveset potential, it will sell.

(To Leafon523: a potato doesn't have moveset potential, so no).
I find it funny that a potato's lack of moveset potential is less jarring to you than the though that people would buy a potato as DLC.. .

Logo12

Smash Lord
Again, appearance doesn't affect significance. Ness, Lucas, Ice Climbers, ROB(?), Duck Hunt had appeared only in one game. Wii Fit Trainer(?) had appeared in 2. Captain Falcon in 3. Guess who is in.

Also, moveset potential. potatoes aside, many, many Characters can easily be recognized and have potential moveset and we know why they can't be added. Ridley for example. Goku, Shrek, Naruto. People have thought of movesets of them. What really matters is how these characters would affect the meaning of "Nintendo All Star". Not "Mario All Star".

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
[quote="Extremmefan, post: 19214042, member: 301373
(To Leafon523: a potato doesn't have moveset potential, so no).[/quote]

Neutral B: Rolls on the ground
Side B: Releases a puddle of gravy, causing tripping
Up B: Jumps off of a stick of butter
Down B: Sheds its skin, allowing for faster movement
Final Smash: Summons French Fires that enter like missiles, causing heavy knockback.
You were saying?:troll:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

These characters are already represented in Smash.....as generic NPC enemies in Smash Run. What's your point?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Neutral B: Rolls on the ground
Side B: Releases a puddle of gravy, causing tripping
Up B: Jumps off of a stick of butter
Down B: Sheds its skin, allowing for faster movement
Final Smash: Summons French Fires that enter like missiles, causing heavy knockback.
You were saying?:troll:
Custom Moveset Potential.

Neutral B Custom: Sprout Trap (Releases poisonous sprouts that stun the enemy).....wait that would make the potato top tier! Better nerf it so that it only works with assist trophies and deals damage to itself too! :troll:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Again, appearance doesn't affect significance. Ness, Lucas, Ice Climbers, ROB(?), Duck Hunt had appeared only in one game. Wii Fit Trainer(?) had appeared in 2. Captain Falcon in 3. Guess who is in.

Also, moveset potential. potatoes aside, many, many Characters can easily be recognized and have potential moveset and we know why they can't be added. Ridley for example. Goku, Shrek, Naruto. People have thought of movesets of them. What really matters is how these characters would affect the meaning of "Nintendo All Star". Not "Mario All Star".
1. I said that her many appearances could help her lack of appearances in main games.
Not that having many appearances is the only way to be in.

It's one reason, like being a retro or Sakurai Bias. Not the only reason.

2. She's a Nintendo All-Star because's she playable in over 30 games.
It's not much when compared to other Mario characters, but a ton compared to other Nintendo characters.

3. Baby everything/King Boo/Dry Bones is playable/boss in way less games than Daisy or even other Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
You missed my main point. She isn't anywhere significant. Sure many people may recognize her, but just as another Princess in the Mario franchise, and nothing much special. Hardcore Daisy fans may certainly notice differences, but for a regular Smasher, she would be a Peach with a flower on her chest.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You missed my main point. She isn't anywhere significant. Sure many people may recognize her, but just as another Princess in the Mario franchise, and nothing much special. Hardcore Daisy fans may certainly notice differences, but for a regular Smasher, she would be a Peach with a flower on her chest.
Just like Rosalina's just a Space Peach and Bowser Jr. is just a mini-Bowser.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not sure why the Mario fanbase always have personality arguments. Link and a number of other Nintendo characters have about as much personality as a potato but everybody still loves them....

Oh well, don't mind me, just speaking out loud here.... Carry on rating.

Top Bottom