• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
[quote="Extremmefan, post: 19214042, member: 301373
(To Leafon523: a potato doesn't have moveset potential, so no).
Neutral B: Rolls on the ground
Side B: Releases a puddle of gravy, causing tripping
Up B: Jumps off of a stick of butter
Down B: Sheds its skin, allowing for faster movement
Final Smash: Summons French Fires that enter like missiles, causing heavy knockback.
You were saying?:troll:[/quote]
Why is this not a Thing?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not sure why the Mario fanbase always have personality arguments. Link and a number of other Nintendo characters have about as much personality as a potato but everybody still loves them....

Oh well, don't mind me, just speaking out loud here.... Carry on rating.
Well considering outside of :4bowser: & :4luigi:, most Mario characters have a personality of a stick and in the mainline games it shows. With :4mario: & :4peach: being the worst of it.

:4link: is mostly excluded for being more so of a self-insert for the player sans :4tlink: who's personality was expanded in WW, PH and ST. And I don't try to include :4samus: for the reason of 'I had a personality once, and it was awful'

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Neutral B: Rolls on the ground
Side B: Releases a puddle of gravy, causing tripping
Up B: Jumps off of a stick of butter
Down B: Sheds its skin, allowing for faster movement
Final Smash: Summons French Fires that enter like missiles, causing heavy knockback.
You were saying?:troll:
Why is this not a Thing?[/quote]
Someone make a Potato for Sm4sh campaign now! #Sm4shPotatoes

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well considering outside of :4bowser: & :4luigi:, most Mario characters have a personality of a stick and in the mainline games it shows. With :4mario: & :4peach: being the worst of it.

:4link: is mostly excluded for being more so of a self-insert for the player sans :4tlink: who's personality was expanded in WW, PH and ST. And I don't try to include :4samus: for the reason of 'I had a personality once, and it was awful'
That's mainly because the story itself doesn't really have as much of a role into it as the gameplay. They do try to do more with them outside of it and the RPG's. Mario did have a bit more of a brainy and brotherly demeanor in the Mario & Luigi games though. He may not act silly or cowardly but it's something I guess.

For Link it's mainly Toon Link and Skyward Sword Link who has shown more emotion, whereas every other Link have been a bit more of a blank slate. Yeah he was meant to be a self-insert. But he doesn't really feel as much so ever since the 3D games came along imo.

Despite that, many Nintendo games mainly focus on the gameplay and not so much the story itself, hence they won't really get expanded on much in terms of the characters and their backstories because the developers kinda expect the players themselves to fill themselves into their shoes. If their lucky though, they may get their own traits and quirks to go with it though.

Hence why characters like Mario and Link show as little of themselves as possible.

Anywaaaaay, that's a discussion for another thread, back to Daisy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Daisy
Chance:
5%

I wouldn't underestimate Daisy's popularity. She has a strong following and is one of the most requested characters. Her requests aren't as strong as the typical veteran mind you, but they are pretty significant.

What isn't significant are her roles. She is by far a very unimportant Nintendo character who has mainly appeared in spin-offs after her one major role in Super Mario Land. She has only appeared in the likes of Mario Kart, Party, and any other sports game. Other than that, she hasn't had any other major roles. In fact, she wasn't even referenced at all in any of the games during the Year of Luigi, especially when Dream Team was about Luigi's dreams. Finally, there is a Puzzle Swap image of Nintendo's girls and Daisy isn't present in it, but Peach, Rosalina, Pauline, and 2 Zeldas are. That's... pretty bad.

All things considered, she will sell; she is popular and a Mario character. But her main issue is insignificance.

Want: 0%
I rather not...
One thing that I would like is maybe an alt costume, maybe something for Peach that was as detailed in Melee. But, as a character, I rather not see her be playable. I personally prefer Captain Toad.

Ninten Prediction: NinTen Percent (10.00%)
No crying till the end.

Nominations: DLC Music 5x

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Hi I'm Daisy:

Chance: 15%

Want: 10%
Personally, I'd rather have a full Daisy alt for Peach. But that's mostly due to me not caring for Daisy to begin with. If that were the case, I'd give her a really high score though. Still better than Waluigi IMO.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
The Daisy Rating

Chance: 35%

Now that Waluigi's out of the picture, her only real competitors are Captain Toad and Paper Mario. They might have the edge in fan support, but good ol' Daisy's got plenty of fighting spirit! Right?

...Right?

Want: 100%
Yes. Yes.

I'm sorry for taking this Azure.
Daisy is one of my favorite Mario characters (besides :4luigi:), so I'm all for seeing her joining the scuffle with the rest of the Nintendo crew. Even if she's a Peach alt, I'd play her.

Ninten prediction: 14% Chance, 45% Want

Nominate Anthony Higgs x 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
@ Extremmefan Extremmefan

I went back and have your nominations, but on future days please just repost them each day. It's easy to remember for people who nominate all five towards the same thing each and every day, but since yours are spread out, I'd appreciate it. :)

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Daisy
Chance: 15%
Very popular but I feel like Sakurai looks at her like how he does Waluigi.

Want: 25%
Been wanting her as another female Mario rep but Rosalina took that spot already. Ballot could help but I think I'd settle just for a Peach alt instead.

Prediction
Ninten Chance: 20%

Nomination:
Mach Rider x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Daisy
Chance: 22%
I'll be a little generous and give Daisy the benefit of the doubt. She's a pretty popular and recognizable pick. I see people claim that Mario got its fill of content in the base game, and that it doesn't need DLC. While I completely agree with that notion, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo didn't let the Mario franchise miss out on getting some DLC content since Mario is their flagship franchise, and anything Mario related would sell. Daisy could be somewhat unique by playing off of the sports and various other spinoff titles, but she could just as easily be a semi-clone. Daisy tends to get looked at as just filler content for that reason; although, with a smaller team to create DLC for the fans, I wouldn't be too surprised if Sakurai was looking for a little filler. The main thing I see holding her back (besides the fact that she's never a character in a mainstream Mario title) is the fact that she already has Mii Fighter costumes in Smash, but that may or may not be an issue. I'll give the Princess of Sarasaland a score of 22% likelihood.
She just might be a possibility...

Want: 55%
I'm pretty neutral on her. I wouldn't mind at all if she was made playable, unique or not. I'd also rather have her than most of the characters we've rated so far. I gave her an extra 5% because I would enjoy spamming the inevitable "Hi, I'm Daisy!" taunt while playing with my friends.

Prediction - Ninten: 7.3%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
HI I'M DAI - (gets shot)

Daisy

Chance: 70%

Pretty highly requested though i'm not entirely sure if she'll get in the game for sure.

Want: 75%

I'm cool with her getting in the game. If she can't be her own character then at least let her be an alt for Peach with a different voice and different visual effects for her attacks.

Predictions
Ninten: 30%

Nominations
*Concept: Decloned Roy* X4
*Concept: Roy has his Awakening attire as his default attire* X1

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
We have 2 Peaches. We don't need a third Peach. Like how we have 2 Links already.
Wait, who's the second peach? I think I might have amnesia or something, but I thought Peach doesn't have a clone or am I just being as stupid as I think I'm being and forgetting someone?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Hi, I'm not Daisy
Chance: 48%
Despite Daisy only appearing in one main Mario game, she's been in just about every spin-off title. She's pretty popular in the ballot apparently, and while she could use a moveset based on the spinoffs, she could also be an easy Peach semi clone.

Want: 70%
Fav Mario female besides Toadette

Ninten Prediction: 20.76%

Nomination:
9-Volt x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
More traveling… more missed days…

Daisy
Chance- 8%
Basing this only off the fact that she seems to get a decent amount of requests.

Want- 0%
This isn't even accounting for the fact that I don't want to see more Mario characters (sans Toad).
I can't say this about very many Nintendo characters, but I just don't like Daisy. She's always annoyed me for some reason. I'm not going to try convincing anyone else why she is terrible, as my opinion is purely subjective.

Ninten Predictions- 21%
Nominations:

Crono x5

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
.....I can't believe I forgot to rate Simot Belmont....and Phoenix Wright...

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Daisy
Chance: 22%
I'll be a little generous and give Daisy the benefit of the doubt. She's a pretty popular and recognizable pick. I see people claim that Mario got its fill of content in the base game, and that it doesn't need DLC. While I completely agree with that notion, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo didn't let the Mario franchise miss out on getting some DLC content since Mario is their flagship franchise, and anything Mario related would sell. Daisy could be somewhat unique by playing off of the sports and various other spinoff titles, but she could just as easily be a semi-clone. Daisy tends to get looked at as just filler content for that reason; although, with a smaller team to create DLC for the fans, I wouldn't be too surprised if Sakurai was looking for a little filler. The main thing I see holding her back (besides the fact that she's never a character in a mainstream Mario title) is the fact that she already has Mii Fighter costumes in Smash, but that may or may not be an issue. I'll give the Princess of Sarasaland a score of 22% likelihood.
She just might be a possibility...

Want: 55%
I'm pretty neutral on her. I wouldn't mind at all if she was made playable, unique or not. I'd also rather have her than most of the characters we've rated so far. I gave her an extra 5% because I would enjoy spamming the inevitable "Hi, I'm Daisy!" taunt while playing with my friends.

Prediction - Ninten: 7.3%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda
I would worry about that, it was in the base game like Mario, Luigi and Peach.

Ninten Prediction: 2%

Nominate: Young Link x5

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
While Daisy is cute, she is rather insignificant. Still, at the very least she has made one appearance in the canon Mario games (Super Mario Land), which is more than I can say for her rival, Waluigi. If anyone from the spinoff Mario games gets in I'd rather have it be Daisy than Waluigi.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
While Daisy is cute, she is rather insignificant. Still, at the very least she has made one appearance in the canon Mario games (Super Mario Land), which is more than I can say for her rival, Waluigi. If anyone from the spinoff Mario games gets in I'd rather have it be Daisy than Waluigi.
Relevant

Sasaraland is such a weird place compared to the Mushroom Kingdom :drshrug:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Relevant

Sasaraland is such a weird place compared to the Mushroom Kingdom :drshrug:
Not really. Mushroom Kingdom has its fair share of weird stuff, such as entire landscapes made out of cake and sweets, endless bottomless voids wherever you go, and giant ravenous steel monsters with razor sharp teeth attached to posts for no particular reason.

StormC

Smash Hero
Super Mario Land being "canon" (such as Mario canon is) is fairly questionable as it was developed by a completely separate team from the usual Mario platformers. It's definitely not a mainline Mario game.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Not really. Mushroom Kingdom has its fair share of weird stuff, such as entire landscapes made out of cake and sweets, endless bottomless voids wherever you go, and giant ravenous steel monsters with razor sharp teeth attached to posts for no particular reason.
But you can't deny that Chain Chomps are adorable

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
That's mostly because we only saw Sasaraland in the gameboy one time, so we don't really know that much :drohyou:
The endless botomless voids are something normal in the Mario universe
Also, Koopas with bombs as their shells
WHY?
JUST...
WHY???

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's mostly because we only saw Sasaraland in the gameboy one time, so we don't really know that much :drohyou:
The endless botomless voids are something normal in the Mario universe
Also, Koopas with bombs as their shells
WHY?
JUST...
WHY???
Because Nintendo logic. The same reason why we have rats with bombs on their tails and polar bears wearing boxers in certain franchises. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The previous RTC thread didn't go into weird territories so often. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The previous RTC thread didn't go into weird territories so often. :laugh:

:231:
We rated a registered sex offender there. It was pretty wacky. :happysheep:
  • A space marine and a spiky blonde-haired swordsman, both of which have almost no relation to Nintendo.
  • Licensing Hell Incarnate aka Sora.
  • A former PlayStation icon whose heyday is long over, and another who isn't even the poster child of his own series anymore on top of never being very popular in Japan.
  • A tag-team of two characters that have almost nothing to do with each other aside from originating from the same game.
  • Brash the Friggin' Bear.
  • Primid.
  • Sandbag.
Yeah, the previous RTC thread was very bizarre at times. We should focus less on these far-fetched choices and more on-

Spyro (Spyro/Skylanders) x164
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) x46
Never mind.

On a different subject, I never did predict Ninten's chances like I should have, so here you go: 7.5%

D

Deleted member

Daisy

Chance is 49%

Want is 94%

The Princess Trio is something that should be complete here

:4peach::rosalina::?:

In a dark corner of the world...

:luigi2: just wants his princess.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Daisy

Chance is 49%

Want is 94%

The Princess Trio is something that should be complete here

:4peach::rosalina::?:

In a dark corner of the world...

:luigi2: just wants his princess.
Why did i Lol so much at the last part!?

(Not that i mind, i would really love to see the Tango Tanglers vs the other Sm4sh couples).

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Daisy's chances: 10%

Of the three main contenders for a potential new Mario DLC character (Captain Toad and Paper Mario being the other two), I think Daisy's the least likely. She does have popularity and would be an easy (semi-)clone, but I don't know if that would be enough to get her in.

Want: 0%

I like Daisy. She's by far my favorite of the three princesses, and would probably make my top ten Mario characters in general. That said, I personally don't particularly want characters like her who are pretty much exclusive to Kart and Party and the like to be playable in Smash. Plus the only Mario character I would want is Captain Toad anyway.

Ninten prediction: 5.21%

Mother isn't likely to get another character.

Nominations: Squirtle x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom