• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Ninten
Chance: 3%
- I always thought it was strange when I realized that Ninten was the first Mother character and Ness wasn't. Makes me wonder why he got the short end of the stick. While it would complete the trio, because Ninten was never really mentioned in any Smash game (aside from being a sticker in Brawl) many people not too knowledgable in the Mother series don't know he exists or don't know too much about him.

Want: 43%
- Big fan of the Mother series. Ness and Lucas are both different characters, with the only similarities coming with their side smashes and specials, so it'd probably go the same for Ninten if he made it. Someone above mentioned he'd probably use moves that his partners used too, but its nothing new in Smash. All of Zelda's specials were Link's power ups in OoT. Borrowing/being taught moves from your friend isn't a bad thing.

Predictions:
Geno: 1%

Nominations
Crash Bandicoot x3
Spyro x2

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Ninten
Chance: 0%
He's very forgotten, this guy. Not only that, but he's far from being the most requested character (even among the Mother/EarthBound fanbase). Plus, he could very easily end up being a clone of either of the already in EB characters, or some sort of hybrid between them, but both choices would anger the Smash (not Mother/EB) fans, because he would still be at least half a clone.

Want: 0%
Ness is good, and with Lucas on the way, I don't think a third EB rep would even be possible (even with Nintendo's randomness of character choice, and Sakurai's bias).

Geno Prediction: Fluffin' 0%
Nintendo and Square Enix must be debating about this character or have forgotten this character as we speak, so I believe he has ZERO chances of getting in.

Nominations: (Daisy and Roy are already nominated or leaked respectively so...) (Pichu is already nominated)
Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite Kid Icarus character)
Prince Fluff (Kirby Epic Yarn) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite Kirby character)
Emolga (Pokemon Black/White) (Playable newcomer) (One of my favorite pokemons... Plus, I needed someone to counter Greninja's appearance)
Snake (Metal Gear Solid) (Returning veteran) (My Brawl main)
Squirtle (Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow) (Returning veteran) (add all the water starters as alts, and it's perfect... Also one of my Brawl mains)
Same exact nominations EVERY TIME UNTIL ONE OF THEM GETS ITS DAY! (I will then choose another character instead of the one who got its day)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
This is an easy one.

We have Ness, and we're getting Lucas. The Mother series surely has some more moves that could come from it, so he wouldn't have to be a clone necessarily, but...

- Mother is the lowest selling series with multiple reps. It's already very overrepresented in that respect, it would be ludicrously so if it got three reps.
- Ninten is redundant. Yeah, he doesn't have to be a clone. But he probably would at best as different as Lucas. Beyond that, he's fairly similar in most respects to Ness, including appearance. Why does he need to be in the game as a separate character?- Because he is a Japan-only character. Mother 1 hasn't even gotten a VC release in the West, which is really unfortunate. I think it would be great if they'd make a collection of all three games for 3DS with some changes along the lines of what we got in the Chrono Trigger DS or Wind Waker HD remakes (not a full revamp, but some little things to make things run more smoothly). But that hasn't happened, so he's mostly unknown in the West.
- So, he's not going to be a popular choice on the Ballot. Not in Japan, and especially not anywhere else.

So what are his positive points? Sakurai likes the series and it has a good reputation. I liked Earthbound a lot, so I certainly don't disagree. But why is he going to think that Ninten needs to be in when Ness and Lucas are already? At least with Porky, Paula, Kumatora, Jeff or Poo, or another character, they're a bit more different from Ness. Although Ness did pilfer Paula's moves, so maybe not.

Ninten is a much better candidate for alt skin for Ness. That's at least plausible.

Ninten chances: 0.05%
Ninten want: 0%
I think he's a bit too redundant, honestly. I'd rather see some other Mother characters, if we were going to get one.

Also feel like three Mother boys... well, I dunno. I think there should be more female characters, and picking such a redundant protagonist makes it even more glaring, you know? Especially given how they stole moves from female characters! At least with someone like K Rool there's something extremely different on offer compared to Dixie Kong, and he's a villain rather than a protagonist.

It's also why even though I'm not a fan of Krystal per se, I think she'd be a good choice (especially since she would almost certainly not be a Fox semi-clone). But Ninten? Really, what does he offer? Why him and not any of the other (more) popular choices that provide something different or improve female representation, etc?
Personalities in Smash:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:: Fired up!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ness does what Nintendon't.

NINTEN:
CHANCE: 1%
WANT: 0%

Lucas was brought back and it doesn't really look like Mother needs a third character in the DLC race. It doesn't help that Mother 1 is less popular than EarthBound or Mother 3, nor the visual similarity of Ninten and Ness. He has a better chance of being a costume of Ness, honestly.

As for want, this is all.

GENO PREDICTION: 3%

ASHLEY × 5

I believe we already rated Snake, didn't we?
More than 30 days have passed since his rate, so he's eligible for a re-rate.

:231:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ninten
Chance: 8%
Mother is a pretty niche series (only one title of the three has been released outside Japan, and even that took until 2013 to reach us in Europe), and yet it's already got two characters. Plus Mother 1 is the most niche of the lot, and Ninten, despite being the series' first protagonist, has found himself entirely overshadowed by Ness and Lucas.

I already don't like Ness, and I don't want another nonsense b-throw or PK Thunder in the roster. Still don't get that move after 15 years of trying.

Prediction for Geno: 7.34%

Nominations:
Maya Fey x ∞
Professor Layton x2
Anna (Fire Emblem) x3

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, can't wait to defend my top choice tomorow :'D (There's so many things I'll have to say / show èwé/ Get ready guys xD ) Also, again, lack of time so I'll rate then edit later to explain myself if I can-- ;;

DAY 36 : Ninten
Chance : 15%

Want : 3%
Prediction :
Geno (This does not reflect my opinion) : 25%

Nomination : Klonoa x5

Last edited:
Dangut someone made the nintendont joke. . .

Chance 1%
not pooular. Not released in america. Has another charcter as dlc already. Poor guy.

Want 0%
he really doesnt interest me and neither does his game (especially after the other 2 look better)
if we're talking reps i would rather have porky or kumatora

Prediction
8%

Noms
2 viridi
2 ghirahim
1 waluigi

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Chance as Character: 1%. We already have two Mother characters and is relatively obscure. Before Lucas's reveal, at least he had better odds, but now his chances are practically zero as a separate character. His only chance is a costume.

Want: 5%. I mean, I am a Mother fan, but with all the hate he'll probably get I hesitate.

Nominate: Don't care

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Chance: 5%
Like said by many people, Mother series really had enough reps. Marketing wise, no one would really buy him if he just looks like another Ness, and Popularity wise, I've never seen him in any lists. Not the top few as to be noticeable anyway.

Some may argue that he can be a Ness alt, but c'mon, who's gonna pay just for an alt?
Want: 7%
Somehow, I wouldn't complain if he gets in. Mother isn't too much of an over-represented series like FE (It would be one per game if Ninten gets in, but hey, so did many retro games like Ice Climbers!), nor is Ninten someone insignificant. The only thing I would complain if he really got in as an DLC alt, because just... why?

Geno Prediction: 15%
Again have never played Mario RPG to know about stuff. One thing is sure though: He has really high reputation. At least more than that of Daisy or Ninten. Not clear about the copyright issues, but I'm sure his demand is high.

Nomination: Slippy x3
If I'm allowed to nominate the same thing again, Bomberman x2.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
  1. Well for Ninten we're talking about one costume, and not a pack of them.
  2. Mii Costumes doesn't really count imo; Miis exists to be customized.
  3. Also if you're talking about Ninten as Mii costume, I don't think he really fits in any of them.
1. You can purchase Mii costumes separately if you want, and I never said that Ninten (which I assumed as a Ness alt) wouldn't be bundled with other alts for other characters.
2. We gave 68.86% chances and 83.31% want scores for the concept of non-Mii characters getting DLC alts, with the want scores being higher than even King K. Rool's. People overall are both expecting and wanting more alts for non-Mii characters. "who's gonna pay just for an alt?" About 80% of Smash 4 players I guess?
3. See point 1.

I'll stop arguing before this becomes an long debate, but the chances and want scores given to the non-Mii DLC costumes concept pretty much invalidates the "but c'mon, who's gonna pay just for an alt?" thing for me.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Okay, if that's the actual result.

But what does this "Chance and Want" for characters mean anyway? Chance for them appearing as DLC character, or just appearing as a costume? Also does 80% of Smash 4 player wanting to see non-Mii alts (Mii don't have alts do they? why specify "Non-mii" then?) means that they actually want Ninten (or characters of similar situation)?

My point might have debunked a bit, but still, the unpopularity and how redundant he appears as keeps him away from being possible, or in any priority of development.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Chance: 0%: Honesty, even Lucas got pretty lucky coming back. I seriously doubt we'll get Ninten too.
Want: 40%: And to be honest, I would take him over Lucas, too.
Geno: 5%: I'm expecting over inflation, but not much.
Gengar X5

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Ninten (MOTHER)

Chance:3%
Yeah, I don't expect this at all. Out of the three games, only two has been localized to the states, and Mother isn't even that big of a franchise anyway. Also, Ninten doesn't have much of a difference from Ness, so that's some other points checked off. And before you bring up Dark Pit, he was originally an alt that was given a promotion because the devs had some spare time on their hands. I don't think they'll actually request money with something of the same level.

Want:0%
The current Mother representation is absolutely fine right now, thank you very much. If I had to have a Mother rep, than I'd still choose Kumatora or Porky anyway.

Geno predictions:6%

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Ninten chances 3%
he is most likely wont win the ballout unless if sakurai wants him but lucas DLC hurt his chances alot

Want 100%
we have ness and lucas so why not ninten? he started the whole mother seires he is my favorite mother character also i love to see him getting revived after 1989 i want to see him in the new generation of gaming

predection:
Geno chances %20
Geno is going to be a money maker if nintendo is going to add him he has been requested since melee. he was in the melee poll and in the brawl poll he tied with megaman and he is now going to be in the ballout in the top 20 also he is owned by both square enix and nintendo (square enix said this in a massage) wich means he is a 2nd party and not a 3rd party and nintendo didnt need square enix when they used him in super mario-kun comics this character has a huge fanbase and he didnt appear since 1996 wich means he is going to make a huge hype if they are going to add him, and captian toad and paper mario and daisy wont create the same hype/money as Geno going to do because he is not the same kind of mario character that you see everyday and his moveset would be very sick

want 100%
why not? we need to have him in a game again the fans has been waiting since 19 years ago just to see him back in a game, smashbros is perfect game to revive a forgotten character just like :4duckhunt::4pit::4gaw::popo: i am a huge fan of Geno

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ninten
Chance: 1%
Let's be honest: Mother has already more than enough rappresentation in Smash, with Lucas coming. Plus, he is IDENTICAL to Ness, there is no way to see the differerence during the chaos of Smash battle. And he don't even have anything interesting for a moveset.

Want : 1%
I like the Mother series, but I prefer a lot of characters more than him.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Ryu - 97.7%
1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Simon Belmont - 35%
12: Ice Climbers - 30%

12: Captain Toad - 30%
13: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

14: Magolor - 25%
15: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
16: Quote - 21.5%
17: Phoenix Wright - 20%
17: Shovel Knight - 20%
18: Shantae - 20.5%
19: Tetra - 20.3%

20: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
21: Lip - 10.5%
22: Ray - 5%
23: Pichu - 5%
26: Daisy - 5.7%
27: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Geno - ?.?%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Ryu - 60%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Phoenix Wright - 55%
12: Ridley - 50%
13: Inkling - 30%
14: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

15: Rayman - 25%
16: Quote - 23%

17: Krystal - 20%
17: Dixie Kong - 20%
18: Tetra - 20.5%

19: Roy - 10.5%
20: Lip - 5.7%

21: Captain Toad - 5.5%
22: Ray - 4.5%
23: Pichu - 1%
23: Daisy - 1%

-: Geno - ?.?%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

Ninten
RATINGS

Ninten

ABSTAIN: Ninten has the (dis)honor of being my first Indifference abstain. I'm not going to waste my breath parakeeting arguments which have already refuted him or even be worth investing much though into. Ninten's just that plausible for being impossible.

I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY QUOTES FOR ANY ABSTAIN DAYS.

PREDICTION

Geno

Chance - 13.45%
Want - 68.78%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2
*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x1

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ninten

Chance - 0.25% - Yeah, Mother's near complete. With little support for other characters in the franchise and little opportunity to separate himself from the two pre-established characters, he has very little chance.

Want - 20% - Nah. Would prefer Porky so I get a mech fighter.

Prediction - 7.85% - Supporters are going to come out of the woodwork here. But he's still doomed.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Daisy: 10%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Daisy: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Ninten's chances: 1%

Mother is dead, his game is the least popular of the three, visually similar to Ness...yeah, don't see this happening.

Want: 5%

Having all three games represented would be kind of interesting, but I have no attachment to the Mother franchise and don't think it needs anyone else anyway.

Geno prediction: 7.34%

Not much.

Nominations: Squirtle x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Ninten
Chance:
1%

I think the only benefits Ninten has are that he is the first protagonist, meaning that he could round out the franchise, and his similar design to Ness could be an excuse to make him a clone and make a quick buck (he does have his own abilities, though).
Other than that, Ninten has some pretty bad detriments. The first Mother is the least remembered and there hasn't been much praise for it compared to the future two games. It's safe to say that Mother 1 is by far the least liked entry in the franchise. This also comes to his requests, which are very, very small.
Overall, I don't think that he will be playable.

I have nothing against Ninten, but I am not interested.

Geno Prediction: 1.29%
A highly irrelevant character that was only seen once in a cameo after his debut. He's doomed.

Nominations: Music DLC 5x

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ninten
15%Chance
Possible semi clone, has historical relevance, has a chance.
70% Want
Mother is cool, but Id rather have Porky
Nominating :ivysaur: x 5
Want him to be rated right after :squirtle:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Ninten
I don't see him happening. I doubt they'd put in a 3rd Mother character, especially considering that there is only 1 in the base game. He doesn't have much unique about him either, would likely end up a Ness clone. His support reminds me of that of Sceptile, but instead of "We need the three starter types", its "We need the 3 main protagonists". He's far from relevant, doesn't have high demand, is Japan only, and isn't very easily distinguished from Ness

No thanks. Mother is fine the way it is, and if we WERE to get a 3rd character, there are far better options. (He'd be an awesome costume idea for Ness though).

Geno Prediction: 2.35%

Nominations
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Ninten
Awesome series but he's an obscure character and I don't think they would add another rep after Lucas. Even Lucas barely made it back also.

Want: 3%
Ninten is cool but I would prefer Jeff, Poo, Paula, or Porky without the mechanical spider tech he has. For now only Lucas is fine I guess.

Prediction:
Geno - Chance: 15%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Ninten:

"Hey it's Ness, why is he holding the Fairy Ocarina--oh, wait, who is this guy?" --Nintendo

...Nah.

Prediction for Geno: 15% Chance, 30% Want

Nominate Jibanyan x 5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Ninten
Chance: 0.5% Mother is represented enough
Want: 0% I don't want another Mother character

Predicitions: 9% for Geno's chance
Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Ninten

Chances: 0.2%

I don't give out any zeros, but Ninten looks EXACTLY like Ness. When I saw a photo of him. I literally refreshed the page and checked my eyes.

Want 0%

If we even get a third Mother rep, Porky derserves it. Didn't I mention.....he looks like Ness?

GENO BOOST: 2.00cc I mean %

He is a third party character, who was forgotten very swiftly after Super Mario RPG.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Ninten
Chances: 0%:4lucas:
Want: 15% Not even Poor Ness get his own moves in his moveset, what would ninten get?

Geno
Prediction: 20%

Noms:
Bub/Bob 5x:bubblebobble:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
This is an easy one.

We have Ness, and we're getting Lucas. The Mother series surely has some more moves that could come from it, so he wouldn't have to be a clone necessarily, but...

- Mother is the lowest selling series with multiple reps. It's already very overrepresented in that respect, it would be ludicrously so if it got three reps.
- Ninten is redundant. Yeah, he doesn't have to be a clone. But he probably would at best as different as Lucas. Beyond that, he's fairly similar in most respects to Ness, including appearance. Why does he need to be in the game as a separate character?- Because he is a Japan-only character. Mother 1 hasn't even gotten a VC release in the West, which is really unfortunate. I think it would be great if they'd make a collection of all three games for 3DS with some changes along the lines of what we got in the Chrono Trigger DS or Wind Waker HD remakes (not a full revamp, but some little things to make things run more smoothly). But that hasn't happened, so he's mostly unknown in the West.
- So, he's not going to be a popular choice on the Ballot. Not in Japan, and especially not anywhere else.

So what are his positive points? Sakurai likes the series and it has a good reputation. I liked Earthbound a lot, so I certainly don't disagree. But why is he going to think that Ninten needs to be in when Ness and Lucas are already? At least with Porky, Paula, Kumatora, Jeff or Poo, or another character, they're a bit more different from Ness. Although Ness did pilfer Paula's moves, so maybe not.

Ninten is a much better candidate for alt skin for Ness. That's at least plausible.

Ninten chances: 0.05%
Ninten want: 5%
I think he's a bit too redundant, honestly. I'd rather see some other Mother characters, if we were going to get one.

:4wiifit::4wiifitm:: Fired up!

I literally planned on posting a variation of this reasoning with similar wording, same chance score and all. I support him being an Alt, but even that doesn't seem likely until a future game, and even then, only if we get the entire Mother collection across all regions.

Ninten - Chances, 0.05%
Want - 1%

Geno predict - 2.5%

nominate (the Square RPG campaign train)!
Terra Branford x2
Crono x2
Black Mage x1

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%, Want: 2%

Midna (and Wolf Link)
Chance: 4%, Want: 30%

Ray MK#
Chance: 8%, Want: 23%

Tetra
Chance: 20%, Want: 25%

:pichumelee:
Chance: 45%, Want: 85%

Ryu
Chance: 99%, Want: 60%

Phoenix Wright
Day missed

Lip
Chance: 5%, Want: 35%

Simon Belmont
Chance: 2%, Want: 30%

Daisy
Chance: 15%, Want: 50%

Ninten
The original, but the most obscure of an already pretty obscure title that has surprisingly managed to net 2/3 of it's lead protagonists. Not impossible, but highly unlikely many are voting for him on the ballot, that Nintendo would push him forward(a completed series character with no real benefit to advertise, or that he'd be different enough from Ness and Lucas to be well received.

No thanks. There's only one Mother character I want and it's Porky. Ninten would only be there to complete a set in my eyes.

Geno Prediction: 16%
Overinflated scores will happen, it's just a question of how overinflated. Frankly if Geno does even as well as Quote, Shovel Knight or Shantae, his score is overinflated. ¬_¬

Nominations:
:002: X 2
:007: X 2
:052: X 1

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Technically, Ness looks too similar to Ninten, but I get it since this is smash.
Some fitting music
-Ninten
Chances: 17%
He himself maybe obscure to the general public, but the music from his game sure as heck isn't thanks to Melee, Brawl, and now Smash 4 which features a Mother 1 stage in the 3DS version. (with some Earthbound elements mixed in there)

The original protagonist of Mother.

He and Lucas are the Japan only Mother protagonists, but thanks to Brawl, Lucas hardly remained obscure and introduced a lot of outsiders to Mother 3. Ninten sadly never had this kind of luck with only making cameo appearances within smash.

Ninten is overshadowed by Ness with smash and Earthbound and might play to similar. (And the "he looks like Ness")

Want: 70%
I would love it if he at least was an alt. for Ness at the very least. I loved Mother 1 despite its difficulty and it probably wouldn't be so if smash didn't feature such wonderful songs from Mother. No crying until the end, no crying until the end, no crying until the end, no crying until the end...

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Lucas does what Nintendon't... what? I said Lucas insread of Ness. It's original... yeah
Chance: 10%
Everything that can been said has already been said

Want: 60%
I love Earthbound, but if we were too get a newcomer, I'd want Poo.

Geno Prediction: 2.23%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ninten
Chance: 2.5%
Highly doubt we'll see him happen. Lucas is already going to be DLC for the franchise, and he looks awfully similar to Ness meaning that many people will get confused and not purchase him. He'd be more likely to be an alt costume, but even that hasn't happened in Smash as of yet. I'll give Mother's protagonist a score of 2.5%.
This one is probably a lost cause...

Want: 7%
I don't really see the reason to have him.

Prediction - Geno: 4.5%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ninten:

Well everybody has already said what needed to be said. So here the chances:

Chance: 2%
He doesn't stand a chance now that Lucas is in. I still gave him 2% just in case. At the most he will be an alternate costume for Ness like Alph.

Not interested. Earthbound already has 2 reps, enough for a cult classic. Haven't played it yet either so not much attachment to the series. Other series deserve newcomers more.

Prediction:
Geno: 4.7%

Nominations:
Abel (SMT: Devil Survivor) or other SMT character x 5

MainJPW

M.T.A
Ninten

Chance: 25%

As much as I would love for Ninten to make an appearance, doesn't seem too likely. As others have pointed out he's too similar to Ness as far as looks go:

Ninten is usually portrayed with a bandana to help differentiate better him from Ness since, as seen in this Mother commercial the boy acting as Ninten is wearing a bandana

as you can also see he's wearing a red white and blue striped shirt which is also sometimes used by fans to make him look unique from Ness.

In other pictures of the model besides that one which is floating around (which I think is a "cleaned" version of it), Ninten's shirt is noticeably baby blue rather than dark blue, which would add enough contrast when combined with his shoe and sock color and his hat facing the other way.

Not to mention people wouldn't be familiar and would probably just call him another Ness and a carbon copy, he also doesn't have a whole lot of support backing him compared to other Mother candidates.

Want: 100%

But, of course, I do want the first Mother protagonist, I mean, he's the one that started it all. While Ninten does look like Ness (though, honestly, Ninten came first so it's Ness that looks like Ninten!) he could be made to be a semi-clone like Lucas!

As a few others have pointed out he could use PK Beam, PK hypnosis, Brainshock, PK 4th-D slip and give him PSI abilities from Ana, it would basically be another take on the Mother move set established by Ness.

Overall, I would really love if all 3 of the Mother protagonists were in, it would complete the Mother trio!

(I would at the very least accept him as a DLC alt for Ness, and I know it won't happen in all likelihood, but a pack with Lucas, a Ninten costume, and Magicant being ported to Wii U (and Onett to 3DS) with a graphical upgrade would be absolutely fantastic.)

Geno Prediction: 3%

Nomination:
Concept: Alpha-Form Stages x3
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo) x2

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ninten
Chance:5%
The similarity to Ness is pretty big, and the fact that his game hasn't been released outside of Japan and his game being the least popular of the 3 lowers his chances further.

Want:20%
I don't know why, but seeing the 3 main protagonist of each game being playable would be quite nice. He seems to have different specials to help him out. If he was an alt though, I would really want this to happen for him.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Okay good! I havent missed Geno yet! was afraid I did... :scared:

Ninten
Chance 1%
Dont get me wrong, I'm a big fan of JRPG's and I love Earthbound and Mother 3, I've never tried Mother 1 becuz it just seems like a beta version of Earthbound (I could be wrong) and Ness & Ninten look nearly identical. I dont think we'll him with Lucas now. IF ANYONE else from Mother makes it in, it should be someone original like Jeff, Poo, Kumatora, etc. Not Ninten who is just an older version of the Ness we know and love. (He's really not I know, but casual fans will not know the difference.)

Want 44%
If he plays anything like Ness or Lucas, whom I both love playing as, then he will be quite fun to use!

Geno Prediction: 44%

Nominations:
Ashley (wario ware) x3
Viridi (kid icarus) x2

Top Bottom