• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Geno's East:
Chance: .1%
It honestly baffles me how people still remember this guy. I mean come on, he was a supporting character in one game twenty years ago and had a cameo in another! I honestly think that this guy falls into meme-caused popularity in the same way that Shadow and Goku do.

Want: 43%
Apparently he has great moveset potential, so he would probably be fun to play as. But I'm just not a fan of the character.

Ivysaur and Squirtle: 27.77%

Nominating 6+dlc characters x3
KOS-MOS x2

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Papa Geno's Pizza: A Large Pepperoni Pizza for $11.99

Chance: 5%
While he does have a huge fandom (despite not being as big as it was in the pre-Brawl days), it's still not enough to warrant his inclusion. He starred in one of the earliest Mario RPG's that is considered a classic despite having less popularity than Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series of RPG's. He's also one of the earliest example of an Ensemble Darkhorse in the fandom too, but like I said previously popularity isn't the only thing that should be looking for when it comes to newcomers. He haven't be used in years unlike any other spinoff or RPG original characters and his ownership is confusing at best (Square said something about talking to Nintendo about his current state to add more fuel to the fire).

Want: 15%
Never grew up with or played the original game (More of a Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi fan). So I would least care about his inclusion nor want him in the game. But hey, I would only care for him if he has Puppetmon's voice in the end and has some sweet weapon animations like Mega Man. :troll:

Ivysaur and Squirtle Prediction: 27.77%

Nominations: Monita x10

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Geno (That guy with only symbols in his actual name)

Geno has the typical problems from a Third Party... and well... only have one actual major-role in a game and a cameo in other.

Want: 50%

I'm not a Mario RPG Fan... but can be fun his attacks.

Predictions: Squirtle and Ivysaur

Squirtle Chance: 27%
Squirtle Want: 54%
Ivysaur Chance: 27%
Ivysaur Want: 54%

Nominations:

Micaiah x3
Tiki x1
Kos-mos x1

ES. Dinah Wow... Looking in the actual nonimations...

Squirtle (Pokemon) x211
Ivysaur (Pokemon) x193
Professor Layton (Professor Layton) x191
*Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo) x171
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) x166
Only left like 3 Days to Kos-mos day (and can be actually two with more votes).

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and @ Nintendotard Nintendotard both get an extra five today.
Oh my God...

Anyways lets get to the rating

Geno
Chance - 1%
- He's honestly lucky I didn't give him a 0. His want was very popular in the Brawl days, but when Smash4 was announced, I feel like his campaign to be in was destroyed by those who wanted him. He barely became relevant again now that the ballot's up. He's a third party character that is neglected and never seems like hes making it back to Nintendo. He probably would've been in by now.

Want - 0%
- I'd rather have any other Mario character, even if Geno is interesting, the third party reasoning is enough for me not supporting him at all.

Predictions:
Ivysaur - 40%
Squirtle - 40%

Nominations
8x on Crash Bandicoot please!!!
2x for Spyro (for @ A10theHero A10theHero :D)

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Geno:

Third Party character that may have some licensing issues. Not a very popular choice compared to when he was requested in Brawl.

Want: 5% I never really got the big deal surrounding him. Even when I played Super Mario RPG.

Prediction:

Squirtle: 24.76%
Ivysaur:18.75%

Nominate Mach Rider x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
No. Not even bothering with the Ge- part.

Chance: 1%
Every party ever is working against him.

Want: 0%
I'd prefer Goomba
Because he actually appears in Mario-games.

Squirtle: 14.44%
Ivysaur: 16.66%

Monita x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wait... we're rating both Squirtle and Ivysaur tomorrow, and @MainJPW gave two nominations to "DLC characters get custom moves"... the situation seems much more complex than how I imagined it :crazy: it could actually happen this Friday instead, which would definitely be great, and there's actually the possibility that I could be there to rate the concept Saturday (though Sunday I won't be there it's not negotiable). I'll wait to see if other people want to help me nominate my concept before giving my nominations. Well, here's my rating for Geno:

Geno chances: 0.21%
He's apparently memorable enough to get a lot of support from fans as well as a cameo appearance in Superstar Saga... but he doesn't have much asides from that. He's not owned by Nintendo and is fairly obscure to the general audience, especially considering his game was never released on the SNES in Europe... (though it at least got a VC release here) And despite his only cameo he's honestly not fondly remembered by either Nintendo or Square Enix. If he was I guess he would have made more cameos or even fully-fledged appearances in more Mario RPGs, or at least appeared in those Mario sports games developed by Square Enix featuring Dragon Quest's Slime and Final Fantasy characters.

Geno want: 8%
Eh, not sure about what makes Geno special (and no, "moveset potential" doesn't count), also I'm European and Super Mario RPG never got released here before the Virtual Console release so he wouldn't have any nostalgia value for me. That said, he at least was created as part of a Mario game, so that alone makes me not downright hate the idea and I'd much rather have him over a bunch of other third-parties. I'd also rather have him over Waluigi or Daisy.

Squirtle prediction: 22%
Ivysaur prediction: 22.82%
Guess the whole "starter triangle" thing will help increase Ivysaur's chances quite a bit.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Geno
Chances - 0.10%
Want - 0%

I think a Square Enix-er is a slim possibility (and it's definitely a heavy want of mine, hence my nominations), but Geno is, outside of cult followers, some of whom are Smash-pushers, a nobody. Super Mario RPG is one of the greatest games of all-time, sure, but not even most Mario fans are going to recognize Geno. He has a long line of both Mario and Square representatives in front of him.

I love SMRPG (and all of the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi rpgs that wouldn't be possible without it). Geno is one of the most memorable parts of that game. But it's a game that's 20 years old, has no direct sequel, no remakes, no non-tiny cameo appearances of Geno... it's just not going to happen. The most the ballot/Smash support might do is be the final push needed for convince Square to give Geno another cameo appearance in a future game. We'll see. Surely both Nintendo and Square would have bigger, more iconic reps in mind, if Square were to get a Smash rep.

predict
Squirtle 9%
Ivysaur 8%

nominate:
Terra Branford x2
Crono x2
Black Mage x1

5 suggestions for nominations:
Cross (Xenoblade) (Cross vs. Elma is like Robin vs. Chrom again... might as well rate both)
Cranky Kong
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Qbby (BOXBOY!)

Bennext

Smash Cadet
GENO 6.9%
Want 10.0%

predict :ivysaur: 1%

I would like to nominate:
CRASH bandicoot
Dark Magicain
Dixie Kong
Snake (The solid one found in a cardboard box)
and Professor Oak

from these games:
CRASH of the titans
Yu-gi-oh! Dark duel stories
Donkey Kong Land 2
Super Smash Bros. BRAWL
Pokemon red/blue/yellow

In that order

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Geno

Chance:1%
Want:0%

No.
I'm just sick of this character.

Predictions:
Squirtle:5%
Ivysaur:9%

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%, Want: 2%

Midna (and Wolf Link)
Chance: 4%, Want: 30%

Ray MK#
Chance: 8%, Want: 23%

Tetra
Chance: 20%, Want: 25%

:pichumelee:
Chance: 45%, Want: 85%

Ryu
Chance: 99%, Want: 60%

Phoenix Wright
Day missed

Lip
Chance: 5%, Want: 35%

Simon Belmont
Chance: 2%, Want: 30%

Daisy
Chance: 15%, Want: 50%

Ninten
Chance: 1%, Want: 0%

This ****ing guy, eh? Prepare for venom.

Geno
Chance: 0.1%
Like Square would pick this incredibly minor character over something with marketing potential.

Like Nintendo would pick this incredibly irrelevant character over anything they're pushing that actually has sales potential. No-one but the most dedicated SMRPG fans would care about his inclusion, including the two companies who created him.

As a Square character Geno is so minor it's frankly laughable. Hell, he didn't even appear in Mario Sports Mix or Mario Hoops: 3 on 3, a Mario game MADE by Square which had Square characters included in it.

As a Mario character Geno is only as important as any of the Paper Mario partners. To suggest he gets in before Toad, before Daisy, before Waluigi, before Kamek, before...well...anyone who is reoccurring, makes no sense from a business or popularity point of view.

Want: -100% (or 0%)

His name sums up how I feel about his inclusion: Gee, no.

Bkupa has made a meme out of 'Brash the Bear' based(seemingly) on how ridiculously obscure and irrelevant he is, parodying some of the requests for Smash on our beloved boards.

Geno is the same thing, only done without a hint of irony.

I've played SMRPG, and frankly I don't get it. Mallow is just as important(and with more interesting moveset potential to boot; laser beams are covered by Samus and Palutena, who has weather magic?) yet he never gets any support, and he's with you for far longer.

That SuperStar cameo means about as much as Bombette appearing in Thousand Year Door btw; aka, not at all.

Maybe if Geno gets in Mario Kart, I'll start seeing him as a serious suggestion instead of an unfunny joke that's got out of hand. Until then, there's so many more important Mario characters his suggestion as an inclusion makes my head spin;
Captain Toad (has his own game, reoccurring character in the main Mario games)
Paper Mario (Has his own series, far more successful RPG than SMRPG)
Waluigi (Reoccurring spinoff character)
Daisy (Reoccurring spinoff character, appeared in one platformer game as the damsel)

If we're talking third parties can you honestly see Geno get more requests than Rayman, Snake, Banjo-Kazooie, etc?

Gee, no.

Biggest bandwagon character Smash has ever had suggested, including Chorus Men, and nearly entirely because Sakurai commented on how Geno being suggested was 'interesting'. I personally find a lot of bizarre behaviour 'interesting' but that doesn't mean I endorse it, and I can't see even wacky Sakurai doing so.

:007: Prediction: 21%
:002: Prediction: 22%

Nomination:
:052: X 2
Beast Ganon X 2
Vaati X 1

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Geno
10% Chance
He has fan demand, at least to some extent. Nintendo must remember the hype that surrounded Geno around Brawl, and that if he was added, it would be good pr. That being said, being third party and being kinda irrelevant hurts him.
100% Want
While I am not the biggest Geno fan, he has a few attributes I like. He has awesome moveset potential and a cool design, and I would definitely love a stage with Beware the Forest Mushrooms on it. However, most of this rating goes towards his fans, who I sympathize with. These people have wanted Geno for ages, and I feel that seeing this wish come to reality would be something magical.
Nominating Concept, Rhythm Heaven Character x 5
Squirtle 11.11%
Ivysaur 12.12%

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Everything's already been said on this one. One Mario character out of several, from a single game that wasn't even released globally on its original run (it didn't reach Europe until its Wii VC release in 2008. This hasn't stopped Ness et al, but they don't have to contend with a myriad of other characters from the same series). There's also the fact that Square Enix own the rights to the character, and while that can be sorted out, they'd most likely pick someone more recognisable if given the choice.

There are far more Mario characters I'd pick before this guy.

Predictions:
Squirtle: 14.47%
Ivysaur: 21.15%

Nominations:
Professor Layton x1
Anna (Fire Emblem) x4

Last edited:
Geno.

Chance .00001
Third party. That alone hurts but he is also an extremely minor character who only appeared in one spinoff and then an extremely minor cameo. There are better square characters and better mario chracaters. He even has had chances to come back in square enix sports games
But instead of geno we got black mage. Says something about how they feel.

It doesnt help thay his popularity has fallen by a huge margin.

Want 0%
I used to think he was ok before i did my research. But as i learned more i cared less. Not only is he extremely minor but he is the only character where fams have made me like a character less. Some by rudeness and even more by forcing themselves into ignorance by purposely avoiding facts or logic.

No reason thay this guy should have become so popular in the first place.

Noms
2 viridi
2 roy has awakening attire as default
1 4th mii class

Prediction
double 12's

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Welp, Geno is getting Geno punted by you guys. And to be honest, I may sound bad but I'm kinda laughing at the scores you're giving him. And the reasons you're giving are kinda basic. I'll explain in my rating~ Good thing I have a lot of time today~ Geno time ! *shot*
Just to be clear, most of my knowledge came from the Geno support thread (yep yep, we're still here. Still serving him~)

DAY 37 : Geno ! The Star Warrior !

Chance :
30%
If I were to rate him before SSB4 or the Smash Ballot. I would have given 5%
What gives him more chance than ever ? The Smash Ballot. Why ? In time, I'll explain...Alright, let's do this :

* "There's less support for Geno ! He doesn't stand a chance !" : Can you guess who was 2nd in the Brawl Poll behind Sonic, despite that the rooster was already chosen ? Geno.
When Geno fans have heard that Geno lost his chance to get in Smash, it hit them pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them gave up on him.
Geno lost quite a bunch of followers in that "drastic" day. They have moved on since.
BUT ! Even though they are less then before, they are still here. While there is less vocal support, you have to search to find the fans.
For exemple, I bet some of you who are on Youtube knows "Smosh Games". They have done a Smash video where each one voted for a character in the Smash Ballot. Jovenshire voted for Geno. And they asked for the fans in the comment which character they voted (the one in the video) would be the best pick ? Even though the other choises had the most support, there's quite a lot of Geno fans who answered in the comment. And a rare portion who said that they voted for him but didn't say it out loud.

* "Geno is an obscure character !" : It's true that only a certain group of fans knows him. You'll have to search to find him and his game. (Thanks to the Seven Star Comic that I stumbled upon--) And Geno is quite mysterious, not having a lot of dialogue but he still have a bit of personality (Look far in the game, at the end where the gang is about to fight Smithy. Bowser was about to ditch them but Geno pulls him back. He laughs at how ridiculous Bowser is being and reminds him that as long as Smithy is here, Bowser won't get his castle back. Bowser decides to stay for his castle.)
Anyway, the point is, Geno is sadly too dark with little personality shown. But if he were to appear once more, hopefully they'll give him a better character developement.

* "WHO OWNS GENO GOD DAMNIT ?!" : This is more a neutral than negative point. Well, YES. In the cameo that appeared in MnLSSS, it was mentionned in the end that Geno was owned by Square Enix. And well, even us Geno fans aren't sure if he is really owned by SE or Nintendo.
And we searched. What we found is even more confusing but at least clear. We contacted both parties to know who is the real owner of the SMRPG cast. They seems to be stuck between the two. Square Enix may have the big part of the cake but Nintendo still owns a small portion of it.
Well, not really, we found that whenever we ask for who owns him, both parties say "Go ask for Nintendo/Square Enix". So we think he's kinda owned by the two of them but not really.

* "He only appeared in ONE game ! And a small cameo in MnLSSS... It has been years ! 19 years !" : True, he only appeared in SMRPG and that's it. But just because he is in one game doesn't mean he doesn't stand a chance. Besides, there's some characters who haven't appeared in years or who got little to nothing cameo and yet, they are in. *coughDuckHuntDuoandMr.GameandWatchcough* (I'm going for the "Haven't appeared in years" rather than the "Historic/How many games they had" point).

* "Nintendo / Square Enix / Sakurai don't even care or remember Geno/SMRPG" : Yeah Nintendo and Square Enix don't seem to have any plans about the SMRPG cast (unless he makes it as a DLC--) but not as a lot would think, Sakurai haven't forgotten about him. Heck, it was found he own the game himself and have faved some Geno/SMRPG related fanart. One being recently a handmade Geno doll. And well, even if they don't care, the fans and the Brawl poll must have reminded at least the character as he got a high score in it.

That's all the negative points I can think of right now. Now there's some things I want to say :

* Even though we're not a lot, for years we fought for him. : Longevity, Tenacity, Nostalgia. That's what could describe the Geno fanbase. And one greatest strenght of Geno. Through the huge obstacle they encountered, they are still there. Probably less then before but they are still holding into hope. Still wishing for him to come back. A lot would argue that Nostalgia is a poor excuse for wanting a character back. But for me, it shows how true we love that character or the game and would go through a lot to have this character in the spotlight again. That could apply to other characters like King.K.Krool or Adeleine. No matter how "old" they are, they still have a chance to get in.

* Recently, I've seen some people who I wouldn't expect knowing the game or Geno shows some knowledge about them : At first, when the ballot was released, a lot of Geno fans have expressed their wish for him as a DLC character, but after a while, it died out. Only a few there and there. Until nothing...
But recently, Geno came back in my sight. One doing a fanart of him and one wanting to stream the game in dA.
There's Geno support in the Smash related video, even though it wasn't about him or the Smash ballot even !
Heck, I was in the Bipolar/Depressed Charity Stream that Markiplier hosted and he said that he (hopefully) wanted to play the game and maybe do a LP of it !

* Geno and Mallow WILL PROBABLY RETURN : "What ?!" will you say. "But there's no official announcement about it ?!" Yes, it's not 100% sure but remember AlphaDreams ? The compagny that does the Mario and Luigi RPG games ? If you remember, the MnL games are in fact, the successor of SMRPG ! And some people in AD worked for the game !
In an interview, they expressed their desire to bring Geno and Mallow back in someway in a future MnL game.

* And most important point : ALL SUGGESTED CHARACTER ARE TAKEN IN ACCOUNT :
Have they said anything about 3rd party characters having less chance than 1st or 2nd ones ? Have they said that some type of characters will be rejected immediatly ? What a lot seem to forget is they said :
"We will take each character in consideration". While it doesn't say that each one will have a spot, it doesn't say that there a specific character that should be suggested. (Well, they said "Video Game characters" *squints at Shrek and Goku fans*)
The Smash Ballot isn't a competition where the most voted one will have a spot. There will be several character who will be chosen. (As some thinks, at least 5 will have a spot)

It's where WE get to chose for a character WE WANT. Not about who has the MOST CHANCE getting in.

Geno is one candidate in hundreds of other characters, he have a spot as a potential fighter. True that he seems to have less chance than others and may not make it. He is still there. Reminding the Smash cast that we never forgot about SMRPG.
We never forget.
And we won't give up on him.

Want : GENO WHIRL ! CRITICAL HIT ! 9999% ! 101%
I've never wanted someone SO BAD in Smash than Geno.
I mean, we're talking about a star who possess a doll which have guns in it. How cool is that ? And lucky too as he'll need it to repair Star Boule- I mean Star Road... (
"It's Star Road my fluffy friend !").
He could have quite an unique moveset ! Like the famous Geno Whirl or Geno Blast or Geno Flash ! ... Geno anything--
And imagine his Alternate Costumes ! He could have the color of the other RPG characters ! Like Fawful or Mallow or--
Just look at this ! :
What I think he needs to be is not a rep of Square Enix or simply Mario. He could be a wink toward the Mario RPG Games~ ;)
If he ever makes it, be it in Smash or another game, I would fangirl like there was no tomorow. I would be so happy !
And come on people, he's been asked almost as long as I lived ! Wouldn't it be great if the fans are being granted this wish ?
And imagine, for whose who know him, wouldn't he make a lot of money if he is in ? Every Geno or SMRPG fans would pay for a bit of nostalgia !
And if Mallow gets in as a Assist Trophy or simple Trophy. It'll be even better !
Oh btw, you guys hate him but are you going to be forced to pay for him ? After all, you get the choice to pay to play him or not ;p

Prediction :
Squirtle and Ivysaur :
Togerther :
15%
Squirtle : 35%
Ivysaur : 35%

Nomination : Klonoa x5

Last edited:
PS anyone thinking being "stuck between companies" means you need to change your rating think again. The only way to come to that conclusion is to bend the words of the statements given which were probably given by low level interns anyway.

Geno is not owned in any way by nintendo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Geno:
Chance: 0.001%.
A side character from an obscure, 20-year old RPG owned by Square Enix, a corporation known to be very stingy with their characters.

Want: 0%. Once again, another user has explained my thoughts better than I ever could have.
In this case, @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad :
Want: -100% (or 0%)
His name sums up how I feel about his inclusion: Gee, no.

Bkupa has made a meme out of 'Brash the Bear' based(seemingly) on how ridiculously obscure and irrelevant he is, parodying some of the requests for Smash on our beloved boards.

Geno is the same thing, only done without a hint of irony.

I've played SMRPG, and frankly I don't get it. Mallow is just as important(and with more interesting moveset potential to boot; laser beams are covered by Samus and Palutena, who has weather magic?) yet he never gets any support, and he's with you for far longer.

That SuperStar cameo means about as much as Bombette appearing in Thousand Year Door btw; aka, not at all.

Maybe if Geno gets in Mario Kart, I'll start seeing him as a serious suggestion instead of an unfunny joke that's got out of hand. Until then, there's so many more important Mario characters his suggestion as an inclusion makes my head spin;
Captain Toad (has his own game, reoccurring character in the main Mario games)
Paper Mario (Has his own series, far more successful RPG than SMRPG)
Waluigi (Reoccurring spinoff character)
Daisy (Reoccurring spinoff character, appeared in one platformer game as the damsel)

If we're talking third parties can you honestly see Geno get more requests than Rayman, Snake, Banjo-Kazooie, etc?

Gee, no.

Biggest bandwagon character Smash has ever had suggested, including Chorus Men, and nearly entirely because Sakurai commented on how Geno being suggested was 'interesting'. I personally find a lot of bizarre behaviour 'interesting' but that doesn't mean I endorse it, and I can't see even wacky Sakurai doing so.
Thanks, guy. ;)

-----
Predictions:
Squirtle: 8%.
Ivysaur: 12%.

Ivysaur will get a higher rating because muh grass type.

---
Nominations:
Jill Valentine x5

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
PS anyone thinking being "stuck between companies" means you need to change your rating think again. The only way to come to that conclusion is to bend the words of the statements given which were probably given by low level interns anyway.

Geno is not owned in any way by nintendo.
I haven't said that Geno is owned by Nintendo. Square Enix have a "big portion" of the claim. But as Nintendo helped making the game, they must have a "small portion" of it.
And we tried to contact both compagnies. Everytime we tried to know who is the real owner, they would always say "Go ask Nintendo/Square Enix.".
So yeah, he's kinda "stuck" between the two.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
5% chance - Square will not let this happen, money grubbing ****s.

100% want - Love the guy, huge nostalgia for him!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a most sincerest eye roll to many of the comments regarding Geno in this thread. Y'all have absolutely no respect for SMRPG. It's rather depressing.

Mallow would be interesting as an assist trophy, but bringing him up as an argument against Geno is hardly an argument. The ****ing kid falls down almost every other scene, has little fighting prowess, and is a cry baby. He doesn't make much of a fighter beyond being a mage. Love the kid, but he ain't a fighter.

And wow, so much for "reoccurring" characters being the primary reason for being in the game considering duck-hunt made it in. News flash, "relevancy" isn't a reason to be in Smash, Mega Man hasn't had a game in forever. ROB has little "relevancy" considering he's a 2 decade old product.

Point being!

There are plenty of reasons to add a character. The biggest reason of all --- if Sakurai wants to put the character in, he will. No amount of logic or reasoning for Captain Toad or Waluigi over Geno will make your case any better.

Y'all are a bunch of haters. I'm sure y'all have plenty of "I was wrong" threads to attend.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a most sincerest eye roll to many of the comments regarding Geno in this thread. Y'all have absolutely no respect for SMRPG. It's rather depressing.
I know right. I was expecting a lot of negative comment but wow. I didn't expect everyone to go "Geno is owned by SE, can't be in. Also who want this guy ? 0%" :c
Ah well, haters be haters *shrugs*

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I know right. I was expecting a lot of negative comment but wow. I didn't expect everyone to go "Geno is owned by SE, can't be in. Also who want this guy ? 0%" :c
Ah well, haters be haters *shrugs*
lol I had to edit my post. My heart felt more compelled to speak up.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
lol I had to edit my post. My heart felt more compelled to speak up.
*looks the edited post* Heeey good point ! :')
Love Mallow too, he could be an interresting fighter but yeah, he's just a kid. He'll be more interresting as an Assit Trophy than a fighter.
But yeah, shame on you guys, I know that we rate with our opinion but a bit of compassion for the ones who support this character ? :I (Be it Geno or heck, even Pichu. Even though I was in the trollers side, I still respect the ones who does.)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Welp, Geno is getting Geno punted by you guys. And to be honest, I may sound bad but I'm kinda laughing at the scores you're giving him. And the reasons you're giving are kinda basic. I'll explain in my rating~ Good thing I have a lot of time today~ Geno time ! *shot*
Just to be clear, most of my knowledge came from the Geno support thread (yep yep, we're still here. Still serving him~)

DAY 37 : Geno ! The Star Warrior !

Chance :
30%
If I were to rate him before SSB4 or the Smash Ballot. I would have given 5%
What gives him more chance than ever ? The Smash Ballot. Why ? In time, I'll explain...Alright, let's do this :

* "There's less support for Geno ! He doesn't stand a chance !" : Can you guess who was 2nd in the Brawl Poll behind Sonic, despite that the rooster was already chosen ? Geno.
When Geno fans have heard that Geno lost his chance to get in Smash, it hit them pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them gave up on him.
Geno lost quite a bunch of followers in that "drastic" day. They have moved on since.
BUT ! Even though they are less then before, they are still here. While there is less vocal support, you have to search to find the fans.
For exemple, I bet some of you who are on Youtube knows "Smosh Games". They have done a Smash video where each one voted for a character in the Smash Ballot. Jovenshire voted for Geno. And they asked for the fans in the comment which character they voted (the one in the video) would be the best pick ? Even though the other choises had the most support, there's quite a lot of Geno fans who answered in the comment. And a rare portion who said that they voted for him but didn't say it out loud.

Yes, the ballot might help him, but it helps other third-parties/Mario-characters (this character is a weird type of both) better.
For every video/comment I've seen that says Geno, I have seen two or even three for Shantae, Shovel Knight and Banjo-Kazooie.

If Square Enix were to get a character based on ballot it's Geno, but that doesn't say much.

* "Geno is an obscure character !" : It's true that only a certain group of fans knows him. You'll have to search to find him and his game. (Thanks to the Seven Star Comic that I stumbled upon--) And Geno is quite mysterious, not having a lot of dialogue but he still have a bit of personality (Look far in the game, at the end where the gang is about to fight Smithy. Bowser was about to ditch them but Geno pulls him back. He laughs at how ridiculous Bowser is being and reminds him that as long as Smithy is here, Bowser won't get his castle back. Bowser decides to stay for his castle.)

You mostly adressed the personality here, which is nice, but doesn't answer the question.

* "WHO OWNS GENO GOD DAMNIT ?!" : This is more a neutral than negative point. Well, YES. In the cameo that appeared in MnLSSS, it was mentionned in the end that Geno was owned by Square Enix. And well, even us Geno fans aren't sure if he is really owned by SE or Nintendo.
And we searched. What we found is even more confusing but at least clear. We contacted both parties to know who is the real owner of the SMRPG cast. They seems to be stuck between the two. Square Enix may have the big part of the cake but Nintendo still owns a small portion of it.

So he's kinda mostly Third party. Okay.

* "He only appeared in ONE game ! And a small cameo in MnLSSS... It has been years ! 19 years !" : True, he only appeared in SMRPG and that's it. But just because he is in one game doesn't mean he doesn't stand a chance. Besides, there's some characters who haven't appeared in years or who got little to nothing cameo and yet, they are in. *coughDuckHuntDuoandMr.GameandWatchcough*

These were still their own series that sold extremely well or were important to Nintendo.
Geno was the second to fifth (depends on where you place Peach, Bowser and Mallow)character in a Mario Spin-Off.

Duck Hunt sold incredibly well and was bundled with the NES, with the Dog becoming an infamous icon for the latter console.

Game and Watch had multiple games and a whole series of handhelds.

There's no comparison.

While I agree it doesn't make him impossible, it does make him a small dot in the whole Mario World.

* "Nintendo / Square Enix / Sakurai don't even care or remember Geno/SMRPG" : Yeah Nintendo and Square Enix don't seem to have any plans about the SMRPG cast (unless he makes it as a DLC--) but not as a lot would think, Sakurai haven't forgotten about him. Heck, it was found he own the game himself and have faved some Geno/SMRPG related fanart. One being recently a handmade Geno doll. And well, even if they don't care, the fans and the Brawl poll must have reminded at least the character as he got a high score in it.

That's all the negative points I can think of right now. Now there's some things I want to say :

* Even though we're not a lot, for years we fought for him. : Longevity, Tenacity, Nostalgia. That's what could describe the Geno fanbase. And one greatest strenght of Geno. Through the huge obstacle they encountered, they are still there. Probably less then before but they are still holding into hope. Still wishing for him to come back. A lot would argue that Nostalgia is a poor excuse for wanting a character back. But for me, it shows how true we love that character or the game and would go through a lot to have this character in the spotlight again.

Just like most giant fanbases, like Toad's, King K. Rool's and Ridley's.

* Recently, I've seen some people who I wouldn't expect knowing the game or Geno shows some knowledge about them : At first, when the ballot was released, a lot of Geno fans have expressed their wish for him as a DLC character, but after a while, it died out. Only a few there and there. Until nothing...
But recently, Geno came back in my sight. One doing a fanart of him and one wanting to stream the game in dA.
There's Geno support in the Smash related video, even though it wasn't about him or the Smash ballot even !
Heck, I was in the Bipolar/Depressed Charity Stream that Markiplier hosted and he said that he (hopefully) wanted to play the game and maybe do a LP of it !

* Geno and Mallow WILL PROBABLY RETURN : "What ?!" will you say. "But there's no official announcement about it ?!" Yes, it's not 100% sure but remember AlphaDreams ? The compagny that does the Mario and Luigi RPG games ? If you remember, the MnL games are in fact, the successor of SMRPG ! And some people in AD worked for the game !
In an interview, they expressed their desire to bring Geno and Mallow back in someway in a future MnL game.

Granted, I'd change my score to your 30% if that happened, since it's exactly what Geno needs.

* And most important point : ALL SUGGESTED CHARACTER ARE TAKEN IN ACCOUNT :
Have they said anything about 3rd party characters having less chance than 1st or 2nd ones ? Have they said that some type of characters will be rejected immediatly ? What a lot seem to forget is they said :
"We will take each character in consideration". While it doesn't say that each one will have a spot, it doesn't say that there a specific character that should be suggested. (Well, they said "Video Game characters" *squints at Shrek and Goku fans*)
The Smash Ballot isn't a competition where the most voted one will have a spot. There will be several character who will be chosen. (As some thinks, at least 5 will have a spot)

It's where WE get to chose for a character WE WANT. Not about who has the MOST CHANCE getting in.

True. This is Geno's biggest chance at getting in, but it's not that Sakurai is going to throw out all of the things he has said about third parties through the window.

Geno is one candidate in hundreds of other characters, he have a spot as a potential fighter. True that he seems to have less chance than others and may not make it. He is still there. Reminding the Smash cast that we never forgot about SMRPG.
We never forget.
And we won't give up on him.

Want : GENO WHIRL ! CRITICAL HIT ! 9999% ! 101%
I've never wanted someone SO BAD in Smash than Geno.
I mean, we're talking about a star who possess a doll which have guns in it. How cool is that ? And lucky too as he'll need it to repair Star Boule- I mean Star Road... (
"It's Star Road my fluffy friend !").
He could have quite an unique moveset ! Like the famous Geno Whirl or Geno Blast or Geno Flash ! ... Geno anything--
And imagine his Alternate Costumes ! He could have the color of the other RPG characters ! Like Fawful or Mallow or--
Just look at this ! :
What I think he needs to be is not a rep of Square Enix or simply Mario. He could be a wink toward the Mario RPG Games~ ;)
If he ever makes it, be it in Smash or another game, I would fangirl like there was no tomorow. I would be so happy !
And come on people, he's been asked almost as long as I lived ! Wouldn't it be great if the fans are being granted this wish ?
And imagine, for whose who know him, wouldn't he make a lot of money if he is in ? Every Geno or SMRPG fans would pay for a bit of nostalgia !
And if Mallow gets in as a Assist Trophy or simple Trophy. It'll be even better !

Prediction :
Squirtle and Ivysaur :
Togerther :
15%
Squirtle : 35%
Ivysaur : 35%

Nomination : Klonoa x5
I wanna say, even if I think Geno doesn't belong in Smash (read: it'd be a giant fart in the face for those who have supported Toad for eternity) this post is a great boon to this discussion.

This post is a nice counter-voice to all the no-screamers and although I don't agree with it, it does make you think about him more than just "gehehe no"

Before I rated I was looking for these kinds of post so I might edit my rate because of this post.

Great!

Although I still need to adress a few things, so these will be in blue in the quote above.

Mallow would be interesting as an assist trophy, but bringing him up as an argument against Geno is hardly an argument. The ****ing kid falls down almost every other scene, has little fighting prowess, and is a cry baby. He doesn't make much of a fighter beyond being a mage. Love the kid, but he ain't a fighter.

And wow, so much for "reoccurring" characters being the primary reason for being in the game considering duck-hunt made it in. News flash, "relevancy" isn't a reason to be in Smash, Mega Man hasn't had a game in forever. ROB has little "relevancy" considering he's a 2 decade old product.

Point being!

There are plenty of reasons to add a character. The biggest reason of all --- if Sakurai wants to put the character in, he will. No amount of logic or reasoning for Captain Toad or Waluigi over Geno will make your case any better.

Y'all are a bunch of haters. I'm sure y'all have plenty of "I was wrong" threads to attend.
"mega man hasnt had a game in forever"
Mega man 9 and 10. Gaming legend anyway

ROB retro.

Not exactly the best of counterarguments

RetroBro

Smash Ace
"mega man hasnt had a game in forever"
Mega man 9 and 10. Gaming legend anyway

ROB retro.

Not exactly the best of counterarguments
It was more along the lines of countering "relevancy." And also to point out that some characters that got in were just crazy spontaneous additions. ROB was very much a barely functional disaster at the time and was from left field. I wouldn't say he represents "retro". He just fits in that category. He ain't no Duck Hunt. He was a CRAZY addition to Brawl at the time. No one expected him, let alone thought of him.

Megaman 10 was released 5 years ago, Megaman 9 was released 8 years ago. (And I love Megaman and was ****ing crazed to see him added). Many Megaman fans see him as dead at the moment.

My point is, a lot of the arguments against Geno are often disregarded to current additions and characters in the Smash games. Pichu, G&W, ROB, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit among other clones, and many random 3rd party additions have all BROKEN the supposed said rules that you all constantly assert as the absolute truth.

Yes I get that this is a thread about your opinions on chance of getting in, but seeing so many 0%'s cracks me the **** up.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I wanna say, even if I think Geno doesn't belong in Smash (read: it'd be a giant fart in the face for those who have supported Toad for eternity) this post is a great boon to this discussion.

This post is a nice counter-voice to all the no-screamers and although I don't agree with it, it does make you think about him more than just "gehehe no"

Before I rated I was looking for these kinds of post so I might edit my rate because of this post.

Great!

Although I still need to adress a few things, so these will be in blue in the quote above.
Well, there should be at least one positive post about our dear Star Warrior. True there's some loophole in my argument. Thanks for pointing them out, I'll go edit it when I'll have more time if I can :)
I need to sharpen my skills in that departement hahaha-

It was more along the lines of countering "relevancy." And also to point out that some characters that got in were just crazy spontaneous additions. ROB was very much a barely functional disaster at the time and was from left field. I wouldn't say he represents "retro". He just fits in that category. He ain't no Duck Hunt. He was a CRAZY addition to Brawl at the time. No one expected him, let alone thought of him.

Megaman 10 was released 5 years ago, Megaman 9 was released 8 years ago. (And I love Megaman and was ****ing crazed to see him added). Many Megaman fans see him as dead at the moment.

My point is, a lot of the arguments against Geno are often disregarded to current additions and characters in the Smash games. Pichu, G&W, ROB, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit among other clones, and many random 3rd party additions have all BROKEN the supposed said rules that you all constantly assert as the absolute truth.

Yes I get that this is a thread about your opinions on chance of getting in, but seeing so many 0%'s cracks me the **** up.
But neither ROB nor mega man counter relevancy. Unless you're saying geno is a gaming legend or a character with a large importance to nintendo i dont think so.

Pichu: clone
Dark put: clone
duck hunt: iconic and retro (sakurai has even explicitly talked about his history)
G&W: retro that represents his own system that was the precursor to the handhelds that are huge For nintendo.
Cant counter WFT.

So unless so only 1 character broke the criteria. And even then she is from the 5th best selling Nintendo franchise or something like that.

Honestly 0's dont crack me up because even square doesnt care for geno in fortune street and sports mix. Plus 3rd parties for the moat part are unlikely especially if they arent a legends. I mean the other 3rd party we're getting is the face of all fighting games. Compared to ryu sobic and pac man geno looks a little awkward by that trend doesnt he?

Honestly i find it funny that geno is being compared to MEGA MAN though.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
But neither ROB nor mega man counter relevancy. Unless you're saying geno is a gaming legend or a character with a large importance to nintendo i dont think so.
ROB was/is not relevant, a legend, nor important to Nintendo. He's at best a lovable failed joke of Nintendo's history. A failed peripheral that barely functioned. I actually like his inclusion in smash. And yes I know about his inclusion in Mario Kart for the DS. But he is above all, just a silly inclusion.

Honestly 0's dont crack me up because even square doesnt care for geno in fortune street and sports mix. Plus 3rd parties for the moat part are unlikely especially if they arent a legends. I mean the other 3rd party we're getting is the face of all fighting games. Compared to ryu sobic and pac man geno looks a little awkward by that trend doesnt he?
I mean it might. I'm not asserting Geno as the best possible choice or the most likely. I'm saying he is way more known, popular, and relevant than the haters tend to let on. Again, 0% being a laughable number. I think it's very realistic to say he has very little chance of getting in, but saying he having absolutely no chance of getting in is just silly.

I'd say your best argument against his inclusion is Square's vicegrip on him. That's the only point I'll give you.

Honestly i find it funny that geno is being compared to MEGA MAN though.
I'm not comparing Geno to Mega Man. The difference between the two is quite apparent. Though it should be noted during the Brawl days he did get quite a bit of support. I think taking 2nd or 3rd place RIGHT next to Mega Man.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
*repost*
Geno chances %20
Geno is going to be a money maker if nintendo is going to add him he has been requested since melee. he was in the melee poll and in the brawl poll he tied with megaman and he is now going to be in the ballout in the top 20 most likley also he is owned by both square enix and nintendo (square enix said this in a massage) wich means he is a 2nd party and not a fully 3rd party and nintendo didnt need square enix when they used him in super mario-kun comics, this character has a huge fanbase and he didnt appear since 1996 and 2003 wich means he is going to make a huge hype if they are going to add him, and captian toad and paper mario and daisy wont create the same hype/money as Geno going to do because he is not the same kind of mario character that you see everyday and his moveset would be very sick

want 100%
why not? we need to have him in a game again the fans has been waiting since 19 years ago just to see him back in a game, smashbros is perfect game to revive a forgotten character just like :4duckhunt::4pit::4gaw::popo: i am a huge fan of Geno

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Cant counter WFT.
WFT is a big part of Nintendo's whole Quality of Life initiative thing, if that counts. They haven't been a big part of Nintendo's past, but they're certainly (at least in Nintendo's eyes) a big part of contemporary Nintendo (and under my understanding of the word relevancy, the only one mentioned who is still relevant today).

ROB was/is not relevant, a legend, nor important to Nintendo. He's at best a lovable failed joke of Nintendo's history. A failed peripheral that barely functioned. I actually like his inclusion in smash. And yes I know about his inclusion in Mario Kart for the DS. But he is above all, just a silly inclusion.
Isn't ROB considered to be what ended/saved the North American video game crash of 1983? It might just be me, but I'd consider that really important to not just Nintendo, but gaming as a whole.
He's also appeared in Pikmin, F-Zero, Starfox, and WarioWare, so I think it's safe to say that he's more than just an anecdote.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Geno:
Chance: 10% - He's obscure. But he's been wanted for a lot of Smash games now, he got music into Brawl.
Want: 100% - His inclusion would be the best stepping stone to Super Mario RPG 2 or a Mario and Luigi game where Geno and Mallow are the X and Y buttons I'll ever get.

Ivysaur Prediction: 20%
Squirtle Prediction: 20%

I mean it might. I'm not asserting Geno as the best possible choice or the most likely. I'm saying he is way more known, popular, and relevant than the haters tend to let on. Again, 0% being a laughable number. I think it's very realistic to say he has very little chance of getting in, but saying he having absolutely no chance of getting in is just silly.

I'd say your best argument against his inclusion is Square's vicegrip on him. That's the only point I'll give you.

I'm not comparing Geno to Mega Man. The difference between the two is quite apparent. Though it should be noted during the Brawl days he did get quite a bit of support. I think taking 2nd or 3rd place RIGHT next to Mega Man.
ROB was a part of the reason the nes suceeded because of the anti gaming bias during the crash and rob being a toy helped nintendo a lot in marketing and sales. Id say thats history.

And his failing popularity/lack of being an icon like every other 3rd party isnt? Ok then

And you just compared mega man's relevancy to geno's relevancy. You cant do that and then say you arent comparing them. . .

*repost*
Geno chances %20
Geno is going to be a money maker if nintendo is going to add him he has been requested since melee. he was in the melee poll and in the brawl poll he tied with megaman and he is now going to be in the ballout in the top 20 most likley also he is owned by both square enix and nintendo (square enix said this in a massage) wich means he is a 2nd party and not a fully 3rd party and nintendo didnt need square enix when they used him in super mario-kun comics, this character has a huge fanbase and he didnt appear since 1996 and 2003 wich means he is going to make a huge hype if they are going to add him, and captian toad and paper mario and daisy wont create the same hype/money as Geno going to do because he is not the same kind of mario character that you see everyday and his moveset would be very sick

want 100%
why not? we need to have him in a game again the fans has been waiting since 19 years ago just to see him back in a game, smashbros is perfect game to revive a forgotten character just like :4duckhunt::4pit::4gaw::popo: i am a huge fan of Geno
I guarantee you cant give an official source that says geno is 2nd party.

I guarantee it because i saw that random email and it didnt say that. It was just misinterpreted hard just like people misinterperet sakurai so often *cough* fighting game characters*cough*

Last edited:
Chance: 0%
Almost every other Mario character deserves to be in before him. And why Square-Enix would pick him over Cloud, Sora or any other character with more marketing potential?
He's overrated and I'm sick of him. I would rather take Goomba over him (he's actually important compared to Geno).

Squirtle prediction: 13%
Ivysaur prediction: 19%

Nominations: Gengar 5x

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, there should be at least one positive post about our dear Star Warrior. True there's some loophole in my argument. Thanks for pointing them out, I'll go edit it when I'll have more time if I can :)
I need to sharpen my skills in that departement hahaha-
I think a role for Geno in a Mario & Luigi RPG would get more supporters in, even better when he gets a carreer like Fawful, who currently has more appearances and more popularity than Geno.

Or Starlow could return and tell her "real" name. O.O

Geno Boost

Smash Master
ROB was a part of the reason the nes suceeded because of the anti gaming bias during the crash and rob being a toy helped nintendo a lot in marketing and sales. Id say thats history.

And his failing popularity/lack of being an icon like every other 3rd party isnt? Ok then

And you just compared mega man's relevancy to geno's relevancy. You cant do that and then say you arent comparing them. . .

I guarantee you cant give an official source that says geno is 2nd party.

I guarantee it because i saw that random email and it dodnt say that.
he is between square enix and nintendo wich means he is most likley a 2nd party but i can give you the reasons
nintendo used geno in super mario-kun comics without needing square enix
square enix first massage said ''we have nothing to do with SMRPG character and they do not support that game and we should contact to nintendo'' but their second massage was ''it is owned by both square enix and nintendo but to get it in the game both company must agree as usually" wich means square enix cant use geno before nintendo agrees and nintendo cant use geno before square enix agrees wich is explains why in the ending of MLSSS said geno is owned by square enix he is just like sora thats owned by both disney and square enix
i know geno was created by square but he is a mario character wich is a nintendo franchise its just like how diddy kong in the past was owned by both rareware and nintendo but nintendo are able to use him anytime also alphadream said "we have no problem on using it" wich is safe to say they are able to use it
however the Geno fanbase are still confused about who owns geno until we get a very clear answer from nintendo

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Chance: 0%
Almost every other Mario character deserves to be in before him. And why Square-Enix would pick him over Cloud, Sora or any other character with more marketing potential?
He's overrated and I'm sick of him.

Squirtle prediction: 13%
Ivysaur prediction: 19%

Nominations: Gengar 5x
Cloud and Sora (Also owned by Disney)... Sony icons? Square would ask so much money for both of them, it'd be ridiculous. FF7 is my favorite game of all time btw and I'd find it to be absurd for Cloud to be in Smash. At least Geno and Mario are actually in the same game, you know... a game that Nintendo participated in creating?

Also, how are you sick of a character who clearly hasn't been around for 20 years :( ...

Isn't ROB considered to be what ended/saved the North American video game crash of 1983? It might just be me, but I'd consider that really important to not just Nintendo, but gaming as a whole.
He's also appeared in Pikmin, F-Zero, Starfox, and WarioWare, so I think it's safe to say that he's more than just an anecdote.
In regards to ROB's history. I actually didn't know ROB was a marketing ploy. I guess I'll have to respect that note, but he sadly prior to Smash was nothing more than a controller that barely worked with Stack-up. I still kind of find it hard to believe he saved the gaming industry. But thanks for correcting me.

Last edited:
he is between square enix and nintendo wich means he is most likley a 2nd party but i can give you the reasons
nintendo used geno in super mario-kun comics without needing square enix
square enix first massage said ''we have nothing to do with SMRPG character and they do not support that game and we should contact to nintendo'' but their second massage was ''it is owned by both square enix and nintendo but to get it in the game both company must agree as usually" wich means square enix cant use geno before nintendo agrees and nintendo cant use geno before square enix agrees wich is explains why in the ending of MLSSS said geno is owned by square enix he is just like sora thats owned by both disney and square enix
i know geno was created by square but he is a mario character wich is a nintendo franchise its just like how diddy kong in the past was owned by both rareware and nintendo but nintendo are able to use him anytime also alphadream said "we have no problem on using it" wich is safe to say they are able to use it
however the Geno fanbase are still confused about who owns geno until we get a very clear answer from nintendo
Now these emails were probably by nobodies first of all
2nd in smrpg nintendo and square DO both own characters.

Nintendo owns mario and peach etc
square owns geno.

And you changed the first email. In the email they said they dont support the GAME. Not the CHARACTER. You cant change something your quoting. Because the context changes from clearly being about the game being on the VC it becomes a character.
The email was clearly a cut and paste because it called it a game instead of geno which is why it refernces the problem of multiple ips. And its the same situation as dk64. They cant just put smrpg because nintendo doesnt own all the rights and square cant just tell them to put it on because they "do not support the game"

Square can use geno whenever they want. They just dont want to or mlss wouldnt say that geno was owned by square

Cloud and Sora (Also owned by Disney)... Sony icons? Square would ask so much money for both of them, it'd be ridiculous. FF7 is my favorite game of all time btw and I'd find it to be absurd for Cloud to be in Smash. At least Geno and Mario are actually in the same game, you know... a game that Nintendo participated in creating?

In regards to ROB's history. I actually didn't know ROB was a marketing ploy. I guess I'll have to respect that note, but he sadly prior to Smash was nothing more than a controller that barely worked with Stack-up. I still kind of find it hard to believe he saved the gaming industry.
I know Cloud and Sora are more Sony icons than they are Nintendo icons. But having either of them in Smash would benefit SE more than having an obscure character with only one major appearance. And Nintendo working on SMRPG doesn't make Geno more likely pick for SE rep.

Top Bottom