• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%

Tetra
Chance: 15% She's a relevant and prominent Zelda character, but she is another form of Zelda and has to compete with the likes of Impa, Tingle, and Vaati. She was planned for Brawl, but that was a different era, and she still ended up being scrapped, even back then.
Want: 40% I like her character and we need some pirates, but I'd rather have Vaati, Tingle, Impa, or preferably, Groose.
Prediction: :pichumelee: 9% People hate :pichumelee: for being a bad version of :pikachumelee:, So I'd expect chances to be stacked against him naturally.(But they love :roymelee: , hypocrisy much?)

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x 5

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Chance:
Tetra: 17%
+Unique potential (Pirates!)
~+Relevance from Wind Waker HD
+/- May or may not have been planned for Brawl under the name "Toon :sheik:"
~-Not very popular on the ballot

Want:
90%

Prediction:
:pichumelee:: 7.8%

Nomination:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Abstaining for today's subject. Maybe one day if Tetra is rerated and I go far enough in The Wind Waker, then I'd be interested in rating her.

Pichu prediction: 17.10%
A cut character whose overall fan demand is nothing special, but he has his fans and would be easy to make.

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

A joke clone designed in Melee to be bad, that more of the fanbase actively dislikes than any other veteran? I think we're about to see our lowest Want rating yet.
To be fair Pichu got a 25.90% overall want score in the original RTC, which is higher than Shovel Knight and Henry Fleming in this DLC edition.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
TETRA
Chance: 15%
- Compared to other options, not very likely.

Want: 0%
- Nope. Much, much rather have Midna or Impa.

Prediction: Pichu- 10%
Note: My prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nominations: Dark Samus x5
Well... Metroid does need a new rep... and if we can't get Ridley...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Tetra:
Chances - 17.8%
- Big potential for an interesting moveset here. Could involve bombs and daggers to an extent, but she would be without Toon Zelda, which is perfectly plausible. Would not be a Sheik clone whatsoever unlike Impa which many people believe can be a simple Sheik clone, which is highly unfortunate as well.
Want - 70%
- For my Zelda characters, my dreams were shattered when I saw Skull Kid as an AT, and worse when Ghirahim was one as well. But I'm rooting for Groose to be honest. You don't have to worry about any clone-like behavior for him. Also a funny guy. Not that Tetra wasn't funny in her own way :p. My most wanted from Zelda would be Happy Mask Salesman, but that's out of left field and most likely will never happen </3

Predictions:

Pichu - 10%
- Only way I see it is if they're planning on bringing back EVERYONE...and that would mean Young Link, so no thank you.

Nominations -
Daisy x4
Crash Bandicoot

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Tetra:

Chances: 17%
Want: 5%

-Pichu Prediction: 16%

-Nominations: Geno X5

Pichu Prediction: 6.12%
A joke clone designed in Melee to be bad, that more of the fanbase actively dislikes than any other veteran? I think we're about to see our lowest Want rating yet.
Not while I'm around!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Tetra

Chance: 17%
Toon Zelda was potentially planned for Brawl, and thats basically who Tetra is. She has a low rating since I think most characters are unlikely for DLC, but of the Zelda characters, I think she is one of the more likely and is only beaten by Impa, Young Link and Pig Ganon (or maybe Toon Zelda)
Want: 20%
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it, there are other Zelda characters I would prefer but she certainly isn't a bad choice.

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
REMINDER: Any nominations that aren't at 15 tomorrow will be reset to zero. There's still time.

Tetra Chances - 2.5% Out of all of these characters I give low ratings to, one of them is bound to make it, but Tetra, like most characters, is outclassed by the small group of highly requested elite newcomers and veterans. Her series is also one of the most fiercely contested when it comes to newcomers.

Want - 50% One of the characters most nostalgic for my gaming history, as The Wind Waker was my first Zelda back in 2003. What an experience.

Predict - 25%
nominate - Bayonetta x5 (I'm helping the cause of all whoever was nominating her).

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 29 : Tetra
Chance : 10%
I don't know much about her except that she's a pirate version of Zelda. (Well, apparently Zelda deguised as a pirate for whatever reason, I don't know). She seems an interresting character as she could have an unique moveset (and would be the first "pirate" in the rooster) but it seems she's not that demanded by many. She could be considered (heck, didn't Sakurai say that every character are taken in conseridation ?) as she was in Brawl but I think that other characters would take her spot.

Want : 30%
She's an interresting character. I wouldn't mind if she makes it. It would be nice to play as her. After all, I'm more a Pirate fan then Ninja one ;)

Prediction :

Pichu : 5%

Nomination : Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TETRA:
CHANCE: 12%
WANT: 85%

Tetra is a bit more relevant now due to Wind Waker HD, although the fact that the Toony Zelda games were completely skipped over for Hyrule Warriors is something which I don't like. Aside from that, she has potential to be unique and quite well received, even if she would be a 3rd Zelda.

As for want, don't deny it, pirates are cool. :awesome:

PICHU PREDICTION: 2%

What tomorrow will be like -
  • SmashBoards used Rate!
  • It's super effective!
  • Pichu fainted!
IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra:

Chances: 15%

Wind Waker is quite overlooked in this game, and I doubt it will get more representation just because of Wind Waker HD. Sure, it'd be cool. And Tetra is the best other Zelda incaration that could make it into Smash (Toon Sheik be damned). I however doubt it will happen, because she isn't even that popular. Besides, I doubt she has lasting star power that will last longer than say, the likes of Toon Link, Ganondorf or even Sheik. Not too likely.

Want: 40%

I am not fan of the concept 'just throw her all Toon Link's equipment'. Yeah, not an idea that works for me. Want her to use the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf and all that stuff? I don't see it happening. And "pirate moveset"? There's King K.Rool and even Shantae for those roles. Zelda does need it's newcomer hard, but Impa is to me a far better choice in just about everything.

I missed something so i have no idea why we are resetting. . .

Keeping it short. Travelling

Tetra
chance 10%
potentially a part of the f7 but no idea. Not popular though.

Want 65%
Not as good as midna or ganon but a decent 3rd place. I should replay WW. . .

Prediction 15%
i think hate and love may tip the scales out of logic.

Cant get viewtiful joe above 15 :/
Noms
viridi 2
roy has awakening attire 2
ganon 1

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Tetra (The Wind Waker)
Chance:15%
Want:60%
Sorry, but I have too much on my hands right now to write anything better. I will say she's one of the more likely Zelda reps and one of my favored choices with the toon look, but I don't want her that much. Just that I will appreciate her if she joins.

Predictions: Pichu 10%

Nominations:
Jibanyan (Youkai Watch) x5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Tetris:
Chance: 6%
Wind Waker HD was a while ago. Plus, if we get a new Zelda rep my money's on a villain or Toon Zelda.

Want: 5%
I'm sorry, but I've never been a wind waker fan.

Nominating 6+ dlc characters x5

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tetra:
Chance: 18%.
Want: 30%.

Not much to say in regards to her chances. She is a recurring character, being in The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and the Japanese versions of Four Swords, and recently appeared in the remake of The Wind Waker, not to mention she's a pirate so she's got potential, but...that hasn't really changed, but now there's been multiple other releases aside from The Wind Waker HD and I don't think Tetra is particularly requested.

As for want, I would honestly rather see Toon Zelda before Tetra, simply because there a ton of other characters that I see in before Tetra and Toon Zelda happens to be her while also being an easy clone.

Pichu Prediction: 10%.
------------
Nominate:
Jill Valentine x5
(I wonder how long it will take for this to reach the top just to get buried under zeroes?)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Tetra change:60%
A fan favorite Zelda character from a game that's been recently ramade.may have been part of the forbidden 7 and is unique move set wise and appearance wise

Tetra want:100%
My second most wanted Zelda newcomer (besides vaati) andi know she could unique and a in character plus she's a pirate. Come on

Pichu prediction :7%

Slippy x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Tetra:

Chance: 20%
Another Zelda character who might have a bit of a shot. She and Impa are really the only ones who may be able to get in, but frankly the Zelda series is reasonably interchangeable after the big three. Personally, I'd prefer someone else.
She does have a decent fanbase, and she's managed to appear in more than one game, so she does have that going for her. On the negative, we really haven't seen Tetra do anything in the games but be a snarky *****. When she wants to actually do anything, she puts the dress on and becomes Toon Zelda - which Japan seems to like, remember Toon Zelda was in the new 3DS faceplate commercial?
Her initial game was recently remade (but then again, so was Majora's Mask...), but a remake is not as impressive as a brand new game. I think there are just too many other Zelda characters who are liked even more. Granted, they're mostly Assists this round...

Want: 0%
I used to be a huge Zelda fan, but I feel like they're doing everything possible to make me hate it. I had to force myself through Wind Waker. I'd stopped the original halfway through since it was so bad, and the remake made it tolerable by minimizing my dealings with Tingle. There was just nothing I liked about that game. I like the more gritty, realistic Zelda games (with a left-handed Link, but they're taking that away from me now too...).
I also don't like having multiple versions of the same character in the game. Toon Link is on the order of Dark Pit for me, since they're not even trying to make him a unique character. I preferred Zelda/Sheik as transformations, and Dr. Mario should have stayed an alt with the pills as custom specials. So a third Zelda, even if they are different? Next!
I also would prefer several characters in the series over her anyway. And I hate her design - she reminds me of a pirate the same way Disney portrays them:

...if we're going to get a pirate, I'd prefer a pirate who actually does some piracy. Not someone who has a crew of imbeciles with striped shirts, and once in the game decides to tie up a bomb merchant and then decide thet they didn't care to do anything with him anyway...

Pichu: 4%

Nominations:
I'm really interested in seeing everyone's thoughts on Ryu x5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Tetra:

Want 80%

I have checked out the Tetra Support Thread, and there is plenty of potential to execute a unique moveset of being a whimsical pirate captain including planks, deku leaf, dagger, swashbuckler, barrel, etc.

Prediction:

Pichu: 5.2%

Nomination: Lip x 5

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Tiara:

Chance: 30%

Popular character from Wind Waker, but I would think Impa has a better chance as a Zelda character.

Want: 50%

Indifferent

Pichu Predict:

Chance: 12%

Want: 6%

Nom:

3x Homecoming Hijinx

2x Moonstruck Blossom

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
Tetra:

Chance: 40%

She actually appears in 4 games (very small appearance in 4 swords). And due to her probably being planned for brawl, and with recent wind waker HD remake, I think she has a chance (more than any other character) Also due to Toon link being alone from that era in the Zelda world. And even though people says shes not among the most voted, I dont think it really hurts her chance.

Want: 100%

I really like this character and her possibilities. I strongly believe they would make her a unique addition to the game with smart gameplay.

Pirate dlc patch? King K Rool + Tetra and pirate maps (bring back the pirate ship!!)

Prediction:

Pichu: 5%

Nomination: Elma x 5 (Never played Xenoblade but from playing Shulk which is really fun and unique I would love to see a second character!)

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Tetra
Chance: 30%
She's got an alright chance, the biggest obstacle standing in her way is of course, Impa. Wind Waker has definitely brought her back into the spot light, but I struggle to think she can overtake Impa. But she's definitely in the running, and there isn't a whole lot of opposition other than Impa, so she stands a solid chance.

Want: 50%
I'm open to the idea, Wind Waker is amazing, and I imagine they could do something cool with her. Zelda not only needs a new character, but also more unique characters, seeing as it has 2 Links, and a clone of Captain Falcon among it's 5 characters. If I had to pick a Zelda rep, she'd be my number 1 pick for sure, but there are plenty of other, Non-Zelda characters that I'd take before her.

Pichu Prediction: 4.65%

Nominations
RH Character: x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Tetra
Chance: 25%
Having another Toon Zelda rep could help her out a bit and would play differently even if Impa was also included. If Sakurai's not putting any more Zelda reps on the roster he could look at the Toon series before moving on to another different series.

Want: 40%
Even if I want Impa before Tetra I still wouldn't mind simply because it's a new and unique character that would play entirely different than the rest of the Zelda reps.

Predictions
Pichu:
- Chance: 12% - Want: 25%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Tetra
Wind Waker HD might help her a little bit, but Toon Zelda just has more prominence than her. Plus, there are more popular choices for a Zelda newcomer like Impa.

Want: 65%
One of the few Zelda newcomers I want. Could actually have a unique moveset, and it's more Wind Waker content so that's cool with me.

Prediction
Pichu - 5%
Oh boy...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yo, who bumped my "Smash 5 has 10-Year Wait Cycle" concept yesterday? Mad props to you.

REMINDER: Any nominations that aren't at 15 tomorrow will be reset to zero. There's still time.
Is this to clean up any noms that haven't been consistently voted? Or are you putting a moratorium on all new noms until further notice?

Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Tetra - 20.3%

19: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
20: Ray - 5%
21: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Pichu - ?.?%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Ridley - 50%
12: Inkling - 30%
13: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

14: Rayman - 25%
15: Quote - 23%

16: Krystal - 20%
16: Dixie Kong - 20%
17: Tetra - 20.5%

18: Roy - 10.5%

19: Captain Toad - 5.5%
20: Ray - 4.5%
-: Pichu - ?.?%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Tetra

Chance - 20.3%: Another Zelda side character who's just a little too late this time around. Internal Zelda competition is already tight, even for how unlikely a Zelda newcomer could be for the Fighter Ballot. Midna and much moreso Impa seem to have the highest shots there.

I suppose Wind Waker HD would've made her more well-known to a larger audience than Wind Waker's initial release did. So she's got that for her. It's possible Sakurai and his developers also took notice of her during some time in Brawl under some files for Toon Zelda & Tera (or Toon Sheik), but were cut due to time constraints. We know that Toon Sheik never existed in Wind Waker, yet alone any of the cel-shaded Zelda games. It's possible this might be a codename for Tetra as Toon Zelda's transformation. If anything, this would give Tetra some autonomy within the Smash fandom perhaps forever. Just like the other Forbiddens. Whether or not we want them is another story.

Yet again I bring up these circular poll samples, where I don't see Tetra and or Tetra/Toon Zelda break Top 20. Tetra is a character I see pop up here and there on forums and social media. She certainly fits the bill of being a standout character within a congested, popular franchise. It'll just take a larger voter push to make her inclusion a more exciting prospect to develop for.

I'm sure the pirate archetype would lend well to her moveset, especially since Smash is yet to have one that won't be a 10 foot space pterodactyl! Just skimming through her support thread (looks like that OP could use more love), she could use cutlasses, blunderbusses, cannon balls, rope swings, barrels, loose floor planks, grappling hooks, etc. Having her attacks resemble the cunning, vicious elements of a rogue would lend well to the pirate theme too. Like, have her use more sneak and trick attacks, along with some "dirty" moves like a foot stamp, trip, or even a low blow to the crotch (that's gotta become instantly memetic!) Her Final Smash will likely involve her pirate ship raising cannon fire from the background. May or may not involve flooding the stage with the Great Sea, buffeting everything in waves that may rapidly alternate knockback angle to give the sense of rapid waves.

Want - 20.5%: Once again, I don't know enough about Tetra to put her in the higher rungs of my want ratings. I'm sure she'd make a damn unique character, so I have no objections to the idea of her besides maybe being a bit salty another character didn't make it in.

PREDICTION

Pichu

Chance - 10.39%
Want - 11.12%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x2
Galacta Knight x2
Prof. Layton x1

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Tetra:

Chance: 35%
She's got a leg up on characters like Vaati and Fi, but I don't see it happening.

Want: 20%
Meh.

Pichu Predictions: 15% Chance, 40% Want

Nominate Lip x 5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is meant to give perspective on my ratings. They tend to be a lot lower than most here.

Roy (Fire Emblem): 76.5%
*Wolf: 66.66%
King K. Rool: 33.34%
Captain Toad: 30%
Isaac: 27.5%
*Ice Climber (Singular with separate Popo and Nana costumes): 22.5%
Dixie Kong: 17.5%
*Inkling: 15%
Impa: 10.75%
*Bandanna Dee: 10.5%
*Ridley: 9.66%
*Wonder Red: 7.75%
Krystal: 7.5%
*Henry Fleming: 6.66%
Chorus Kids: 5.25%
*Ray (Custom Robo): 4.33%
*Sceptile: 3.34%
**Paper Mario: 3.33%
*Rayman: 2.33%
Banjo-Kazooie: 2%
*Ice Climbers (Tag Team): 2%
Shantae: 1.15%
*Shovel Knight: 1.05%
*Quote: 0.36%
*Snake: .1%

Abstained:
Magolor (Kirby)
Midna & Wolf Link (The Legend of Zelda)

*Was not here on rating day.
**Have changed my mind on my rating since I last rated.

Total of 359.48%, an expected three or four characters (with four being more likely) before considering Ryu, who is about 85% in my mind, which would raise it to 444.48%.

Concepts:
Alternate Costumes: 70%
*An NPC Becomes Playable: 22.5%

*Was not here on rating day.

Tetra:

Chance: 5%

While a notable character in her own right, I'm afraid that Tetra, being a third version of a preexisting character, and having so much competition among other characters in her own series and otherwise, is not a character that I see happening. She has many things going for her, such as being planned during Brawl if we understand the data correctly, but that doesn't make her a lock for anything, especially since she's not a terribly popular vote for the poll.

Want: 65%

She's awesome, actually. I'd be all for her. I'd rather see others, but I wouldn't be disappointed at all if I saw her.

Pichu Prediction: 14.26%

Nominations: Ms. Pac-Man Alternate Costume x5

Last edited:

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
  • Tetra chance 19% most people don't want a third zelda and want other zelda characters but she was planned for brawl Want 30% I have never played a zelda game but she looks cool and she has a cool world of Nintendo figure
  • Nomination Ryu:X5

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Tetra

I don't see Tetra being the next Zelda character...

Want: 10%

...and she's not a character I really want.

Prediction

Pichu's Chances: 4%

Nomination:

Tiki 5x

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I wasn't able to post yesterday so I may as well do it now.

Tetra

Chances: 5%

Tetra just wouldn't really work, imo. I would much prefer a toon Zelda since we have toon link. I am giving her low chances simply because Toon Zelda and Ghirahim have better chances at getting in. There are better Zelda reps, imho.

Want: 2%

I am being generous about this want rate.... I really don't want her in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Tetra

Chance 5%

I just can't see it happening this is a toon link. Character from zelda is more possible and that is impa

Its really hard to explain why.

Want 5%

I would rather have impa

Nomination

Viridi 10x (if i have more votes let me know) (its ben a while)

Prediction

Pichu 5%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%, Want: 2%

Midna (and Wolf Link)
Chance: 4%, Want: 30%

Ray MK#
Chance: 8%, Want: 23%

Tetra
Realistically speaking, if any Toon Zelda character were to happen, it'll likely be this Pirate queen if she is indeed considered "Toon Zelda".

There's very little competition when it comes to pirate movesets too; Shantae and Captain Syrup being the major two, the former not a Nintendo character and also just as likely to use her genie powers exclusively, and the latter being an often forgotten Wario character.

Tetra's got a fanbase, albeit a slightly more sedate one since Wind Waker HD didn't quite stir up as much fervor as the original did, and there's been two major non toon Zelda games since Tetra's first appearance. Like all other Toon characters she was also skipped over in Hyrule Warriors, which means she is currently not at the forefront of Nintendo nor it's fan's minds when it comes to Zelda characters. Currently we're all aboard the Impa train.

Want: 25%
I adore Tetra.
Hell; if you could remove Sheik from HW or Smash and replace her with Tetra I'd do it in a heartbeat; she's a pretty cool Zelda incarnation. Wind Waker was my joint favourite Zelda title(alongside Four Sword Adventures) until Hyrule Warriors arrived last year, but as far as traditional Zelda fare went, it was the bee's knees.

So why only a piddly 25%?
Well, frankly there are characters I want more in Zelda, and even more I want in general. I'd far prefer to see "badass bodyguard" Impa or "Sage of Winds and Giant Eyeballs" Vaati before another Zelda incarnation(albeit the best Zelda incarnation). Heck, if he wasn't an AT, I'd be passively supporting Tingle too with his balloons, bombs and trolling abilities.
Tetra also wasn't my favourite character in the whole of Wind Waker, that honour goes to adorable bird girl Medli who is sadly ridiculously unlikely. I'd also want the Pirate ship to return as a stage before getting the pirate captain.

Overall there's just too many other Zelda characters I want to see first, and there's even more non Zelda characters I'd prefer to see over Tetra.

PICHU PREDICTION:
9%. Pichu has a lot of haters, and it's one of the few Smash characters to be planned for a cut.

Nominations:
Vaati X 5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
AT LONG LAST

Tetra 35%

It appears as though "toon" Zelda games aren't exactly high up on Nintendo's radar at the moment, considering the lack of toon content in Hyrule Warriors (may just be due to the game's more realistic-styled setting though).

Honestly either way though, I don't think that means very much in regard to Tetra's chances. She has a decent-sized fanbase, but as far as I know the amount of votes on the ballot for her aren't exactly very high....we know one thing, Toon Zelda was considered for Brawl at some point, along with a "Toon Sheik". So perhaps Tetra and/or Toon Zelda were on Sakurai's mind again at some point during Sm4sh's development, as well.

Either way, I don't think she or Toon Zelda will be under the radar again unless they get enough votes on the ballot, and right now they aren't really in her favor.

Want - 100%

Pirates. (DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE. YOU ARE A PIRATE!)

Iregretnothing

Really though, in spite of how much I want some other characters, Tetra is the only newcomer I want that I have any sort of personal connection to. Specifically, Wind Waker was one of the first Zelda games I had ever played, and I adored it's cartoonish-style, as well as the action, puzzles (two things I would soon find to be traditional aspects of Zelda gameplay) and open-sea exploration (I love Pirate-related things), but....unfortunately, I could only play specific parts of the game for 20 minutes, the version I had at that time was a 20 minute demo on a Zelda Collector's Edition disc.

Eventually, my mom would manage to find the full game for me and I played it eagerly for hours. I still adored the atmosphere and gameplay as much as ever. Tetra soon became one of my favorite characters from the cast, and more so as the story progressed.

In the end I'd say Wind Waker had become my favorite Zelda game, and my favorite video game in general. Even to this day it remains my favorite video game of all time. So you might be able to imagine the utter shock and sheer joy I felt when I found myself fighting Toon Link in Brawl and shortly afterwards, unlocking him.

With the concept of "Toon" LoZ characters suddenly being eligible for Smash like that, I had wanted Tetra in Smash since that day. I've been a strong supporter of her (and Toon Zelda) for Sm4sh and I will remain so for DLC, even if things aren't looking very hopeful for her.

_______

I'm not sure who to nominate now though...

Last edited:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Why Are We Rating a Tetris Block?: Tetra Chances

Tetra would round out the many faces of Zelda nicely: magical princess, enigmatic yet somewhat obvious ninja and cartoony pirate. In the Pirates vs Ninjas debate, Zelda holds the middle ground. Wind Waker HD being a WiiU re-release definitely helps her chances, however... I can't help but feel that among fans, this iteration of Zelda isn't popular enough to hold ground in ballots or on the balance sheet. I've seen many a person here today say they'd prefer other Zelda characters over her any day, which shakes my confidence in her being an easy inclusion. Though personally I'd like to see a toon Zelda in some form, and this'd be my top pick.

Want: 44%
If the DLC comes out and seems like it is too expensive, we could try... Pirating it.

Pichu Chances: 8.2%
Veteran bonus coupled with the lolnoscrub that this character was, it rounds out as a low chance for this. #NoMoreSmashRats #VoteFishInstead

Five Layton votes, hit me up. Good to see folks have been supporting the good professor in my absence. But if I knew this cutoff thing was coming I'd be funnelling a few votes towards Magikarp. SAVE THE FISHY.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Tetra <Zelda> as a DLC character
- The big thing going for her is that the interest is there thanks to the "Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik" data in Brawl. Beyond that, There's nothing really there to suggest a new Zelda character.
Want: 5% - Sorry Tetra, but I have other characters i'd want from Zelda instead.

Predictions:
Pichu <Pokémon> as a DLC character:
10% Chance, 22% Want

Nominations:
a 4th Mii Fighter class as a DLC character x4
Ryu <Street Fighter> as a DLC character x1

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Tetra
Chance: 55%
Want: 90%

Pichu Prediction: 10.12%

Nominations:
9-Volt x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Tetra
20% Chance
She has some merit as a Zelda rep. The issue is her lack of demand, like say Isaac or K Rool or Dixie, or her lack of being a vet, like Wolf, Roy, Pichu, ICs, and Snake.
60% Want
I would prefer Beast Ganon ala Classic Ganon with a trident, but whatever, Tetra has merit. Would also prefer Impa slightly.

Pichu
20.20%

Nominating Ryu x 5

Lets get this out of the way soon.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Tetra

Chances: 37%

From what we know from cut Brawl data "Toon Zelda" and "Toon Shiek" were meant to be playable, with Toon Shiek being speculated to be Tetra, so there's a chance Tetra may be on the radar again.

Want: 100%
I honestly want Tetra more than Impa, I'd actually be more than happy with if she made the cut.
Tetra inheriting the Wind Waker tools that Toon Link is never going to use would be pretty glorious.

And like KingofPhantoms said; Pirates.

Predictions:

Pichu: 20%

Nominations:
Ninten x5

Top Bottom