• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Troykv

Smash Master
Lol... I think that give a Shovel Knight a Chance Rate over 5% can be consideres biased XD

Ray

Chance: 25%

Has obscurity and don't has recent games... Bit also has his fandom and moveset potential ..

Want: 50%

I'm okay with him

Prediction Tetra:

Chance: 22%
Want: 45%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
kos-mos x1

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ray seems to be in a similar situation to Isaac. He's from a popular but small Nintendo franchise that's still asking for a new game soon, had Assist Trophy roles in the previous game but removed for some reason, be they supposed to be Assists again or characters that were put on hold until post-production.

Just a question for the thread goers who've played Custom Robo - any thoughts on the series, and what sort of player would you recommend it to? (It's a Gameboy Advance game, right?) That reminds me, I think it was Melee or Brawl that mentioned some of these custom robots were 'illegal...' but I guess that's something only the game's canon will tell.

As for chances - He seems to have smaller chances than Isaac, probably 37%.
+He's got potential from his series, but I'm not too familiar with what Ray's capable of.
+While small, he can be resized like Olimar, maybe to Kirby's size.
~But what I think Ray needs to be guaranteed for a playable character in Smash 4 or any future instalments is a new Custom Robo game.
~As mentioned, Isaac and to a lesser extent Barbara the Bat are in a similar situation, though Barbara's series is still thrown a few references here and there in Smash 4, while Golden Sun and Custom Robo aren't given so much love,
~Isaac's also Ray's major competition for new Assist promoted to Playable...

Wants: 55% Neutral, but wouldn't mind his inclusion - It'll make his supporters happy, and it'll make me happy that a new series is celebrated in Smash Bros. But perhaps Nintendo acknowledging that Custom Robo still exists would make his chances much better, so I'd like a new Custom Robo game to be made so players can get more familiar with the series and in turn Ray.

Nominations:
Phoenix Wright X2
Ghirahim X1
Marx X1

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Ray from Custom Robo.

Chance: 35%
Personally, I believe that Ray is an underdog. Sure, his series hasn't really gotten a new game since 2006/2007 (Japanese version of Custom Robo Arena was released on October 19th, 2006 while the rest of the world got CRA in March/May/September of 2007), but he has a decent following (moreso in Japan). In fact, I remember a February Poll in Japan placing Ray as the 6th most wanted newcomer (and 1st from an unrepresented franchise). Don't underestimate the series' popularity in Japan.

In addition to that, Ray Mk III was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and his franchise had 3 trophies in Melee, 3 trophies in Brawl, and 7 stickers in Brawl. That's a pretty decent amount of content in the two games (especially in Brawl) for a franchise that has no fighters yet. That being said, the lack of ANYTHING Custom Robo related in Smash 4 really strikes me odd.

That being said, the lack of a new game since 2006/2007 (the VC inclusion of V2 in 2008 doesn't count) and the fact that the series is not as well known as other Nintendo franchises in the West (Custom Robo Battle Revolution for the GameCube was the 4th title in the series and was the 1st title to be released in the USA while Custom Robo Arena for the DS was the 5th title in the series and was the 1st title for Europe and Australia) REALLY does hurt him. However, I do think he has a fair shot at this. Just, it's not as huge as some of the more well known characters at this time (35% might be pretty optimistic, but I don't think it's impossible given that he has 5 games).

Want: 100% (I'd rate this as a 255% if I could)

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want him playable. I mean, I changed my profile picture to X-Ray's victory pose from GX, changed my Signature to the "Vote for Ray on the Smash Ballot" signature that @ChainArmour712 made for us to use, imported the Japanese titles (and Japanese version of Battle Revolution), started updating the Robopedia, learned how to translate Japanese, uploaded videos on how parts work in the games (finished GX barring the Rising Chimera fight), and uploaded the entire series OST to YouTube. Yeah, I REALLY want him in. Plus, he'd have a VERY unique moveset and playstyle.

And this might be semi-shameless plugging for our page, but if you want to support Ray's inclusion, visit our Smashboards page here. I (as well as others) frequent the page and are working hard to expand the knowledge of Ray throughout the web. Plus, any talk about Custom Robo (as well as support for Ray and the series) is welcomed. Plus, you might catch a sneak peak at a new upload or something.

Character being rated tomorrow: Abstain. I suck at predicting these kind of things.

Nominations: Aeron (Pandora's Tower) X1, T-Rex Vivosaur (Fossil Fighters) X1, Warrior Mech Gauss (Chōsōjū Mecha MG) X1, Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) X1, and Beast Ganon (Classic Zelda titles) X1.

Ray seems to be in a similar situation to Isaac. He's from a popular but small Nintendo franchise that's still asking for a new game soon, had Assist Trophy roles in the previous game but removed for some reason, be they supposed to be Assists again or characters that were put on hold until post-production.

Just a question for the thread goers who've played Custom Robo - any thoughts on the series, and what sort of player would you recommend it to? (It's a Gameboy Advance game, right?) That reminds me, I think it was Melee or Brawl that mentioned some of these custom robots were 'illegal...' but I guess that's something only the game's canon will tell.

As for chances - He seems to have smaller chances than Isaac, probably 37%.
+He's got potential from his series, but I'm not too familiar with what Ray's capable of.
+While small, he can be resized like Olimar, maybe to Kirby's size.
~But what I think Ray needs to be guaranteed for a playable character in Smash 4 or any future instalments is a new Custom Robo game.
~As mentioned, Isaac and to a lesser extent Barbara the Bat are in a similar situation, though Barbara's series is still thrown a few references here and there in Smash 4, while Golden Sun and Custom Robo aren't given so much love,
~Isaac's also Ray's major competition for new Assist promoted to Playable...

Wants: 55% Neutral, but wouldn't mind his inclusion - It'll make his supporters happy, and it'll make me happy that a new series is celebrated in Smash Bros. But perhaps Nintendo acknowledging that Custom Robo still exists would make his chances much better, so I'd like a new Custom Robo game to be made so players can get more familiar with the series and in turn Ray.

Nominations:
Phoenix Wright X2
Ghirahim X1
Marx X1
As for the titles and their systems, there were 5 titles total. There were 2 titles for the N64 (Custom Robo 1 in 1999 and Custom Robo V2 in 2000), 1 title for the GBA (Custom Robo GX in 2002), 1 title for the GameCube (Custom Robo Battle Revolution [just Custom Robo in USA] in 2004), and 1 title for the Nintendo DS (Custom Robo Arena in 2006/2007).

Also, both Melee and Brawl had "Illegal Robos". In Melee, Bayonette was the Illegal Robo (Strike Vanisher Robo that was a fusion of Spear and Lance). In Brawl, Jameson and AIRS [though AIRS is technically Military, a type of Illegal Robo] were the Illegal Robos (as well as the Rakansen sticker).

Anyways, the series is great for those who love robots, love collecting parts, love customizing their character (V2 had over 26 million possible combinations total), and love frantic and fast paced battles that rely on movement and space control (and combos). Overall, I HIGHLY recommend giving the series a try, but it might be a bit hard to find some of the copies.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Rayman chances: 7.2%
As I already said in my Isaac, Inkling, Wonder Red and Henry Fleming ratings, franchises getting playable representation in Smash Bros. generally are those Nintendo considers as part of their flagship or historically important series. Custom Robo unfortunately is rather obscure, and there's no evidence that Nintendo wants to recognize it like it does with the Mother series, besides maybe those trophies in Melee and Brawl and an Assist Trophy in the later... but the series has completely been cut in representation in both Smash 3DS and Wii U. It all depends on if Nintendo wants to listen to people voting for a Custom Robo character on the Ballot, and maybe if they want to take advantage of the customization feature introduced in SSB4 since you know, it's all Custom Robo is about after all... except that there's a small risk that no DLC characters are getting custom moves ever ahah.

Ray want: abstain
I'm way too unfamiliar with the series to give a want rating.

Tetra prediction: 8.51%
Zelda one-offs always are in trouble, but her lack of NPC appearance will make her not fail as much as Midna.
Edit: @ StormC StormC yeah I forgot that... slightly increased my prediction.

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Ray <Custom Robo> as a DLC character
Chance: 19%
- Really, the fact that he didn't return as an AT for Smash 4 is the biggest positive as far as his chances, but then the same can be said for Isaac and others. He just doesn't seem as likely as other fan-favorites, recent stars and retro faithfuls.
Want: 5% - Eh, i'm not to big on his powerset, sorry.

Predictions:
Tetra <Zelda> as a DLC character
: 25% Chance, 37% Want

Nominations:
Pichu <Pokémon> as a DLC character x5

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Ray has probably got more or less of a 10% chance of getting in. There hasn't been a new Custom Robo game in a while, and his Assist Trophy was removed in the Smash 4, and, if I'm correct, there are not Custom Robo references at all in the game, either.

He's definitely viable as a fighter, but he isn't very likely, being from a dormant series and all.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Ah, it's Ray time. Been worth pushing him since day 1.

The Shining Fighter Ray (Custom Robo)

I have a lot to say about this character. As such, let's go over some of the pros and cons:

+His AT is mysteriously absent from this game. Custom Robo has been featured in both Melee and Brawl, but cut altogether in this installment. This is what perplexes me the most. You see, back in Melee, the Custom Robo IP was owned by Noise at the time, not Nintendo. While Nintendo was the one that published the game, it dosen't mean they owned it. But even then, Sakurai bothered to approach Noise if they could have Custom Robo trophies in game, to which Noise obviously agreed. I expect a similiar situation occured in Brawl when Ray became an AT. Noise clearly has no problems with having Custom Robo in Smash, and I was sure they would at least reuse the Brawl AT or trophy in Sm4sh. And before you say relevancy, no, the existance of Starfy destroys that argument completely. This might be over-thinking this, but I feel that Sakurai left the Custom Robo AT out of the game because they had intentions to put him in later as DLC.

+He has a reasonable fanbase. It's not one that matches the size of say K.Rool or Isaac, but his fairly large Japanese fanbase and a pitiful yet existing Western fanbase manages to keep him barely floating on the ballot. With N64 and DS games opened for WiiU, I expect this support to rise some bit more when the V2 and Arena hit VC.

+He has five games. When you think about all the Nintendo ffranchises that have five games or more, this is actually a good thing to note. The two most famous on the N64, the one unrembered on GBA, the Wind Waker:Custom Robo edition on GC, and the final instalment on DS. While they haven't sold greatly, they hadn't sold horribly either. The N64 one's VC release on Wii seems to have done fairly well too.

-His Western popularity is downright pitiful. People simply overlook this game when they talk about Gamecube or DS games, and even when they discuss "hidden gems" they usually end up talking about Eternal Darkness, Elite Beat Agents, etc. It's actually hilarious how little this franchise is known, I can't think up any big flaws this franchise has (could be a little too anime-ish, but such games usually manage to have a fanbase of their own) It's one of the biggest reasons that keep Ray from getting to the top.

-His last game was seven years ago. That is a lot of time in the gaming world, in a world that people call Metroid dead for not having a game in five years. Custom Robo didn't even get a release on the Wii. Just a VC release.

-Custom Robo looks like the game that takes up a lot of money. While I did say that the sales for these games aren't horrible, they may not be enough to keep this afloat if it uses a lot of money. Truth be told, I honestly don't expect a sixth installment if we miss this generation.

Chance:20%
The major lack of western support lags him down a lot. While his japanese fanbase manages to be strong to this day, there aren't so many big names that talk about him in the west, and I don't think Japanese popularity is going to decide everything (Roy has both clone status and Melee nostalgia that helped him out in his case). If only we got a sequel announced at E3...

Want:100%
I really want to write a lengthy essay on this, I really do, but this post is getting a bit long and I need to do other stuff as well. Come over to the Custom Robo support thread on the Character Discussion boards if you want to hear about the franchise.

Tetra predicitions:9%

Nominations: Jibanyan (Youkai Watch) x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
RAY:
CHANCE: 6%
WANT: 55%

His series is dormant since the DS, and his assist trophy was removed from Smash 4 which is a good reason to be pessimistic about his chances. However, unlike Isaac, he doesn't have a large fanbase wanting him.

My want comes from his Brawl AT, which was very flashy to say the least. The series has a lot of potential for an interesting playable character.

TETRA PREDICTION: 7%

IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Ray. Well, here we go.

Chance: 30%
I would put it lower, because I know that he is from an obscure series, and he doesn't have huge vocal support, however there are 2 main reasons I gave him 30%.
1- popularity in Japan. Given the game is made in Japan and Sakurai is Japanese, it's impossible for him not to be more influenced by the Japanese audience than most. In Japan there have been 5 Custom Robo games across 4 nintendo consoles. That's a pretty substantial history, and the series sold well enough in Japan to release the last two games overseas.
2- Exactly like Isaac, the disappearance of any mention of Custom Robo in Smash 4 is odd. I don't think it's some master plan, but rather that the series that weren't as current were forgotten and left behind in development. With this Smash Ballot, the team behind smash will be reminded of these parts of nintendo history and might feel more inclined to add them.

Want: 100%
It's no secret that I really want Custom Robo in Smash. Obviously I can't have an unbiased opinion, because Custom Robo Arena is my favourite game and there is nothing else I'm as big a fan of. I'm sure anyone else whose a huge fan of a game series will know how amazing it would feel to have that series well represented in Smash. So I really want Ray in Smash.

Prediction: Unlike Shulk, I can't see the future. I have no idea.
Nominate: 5x Professor Layton

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 28 : Ray (Custom Robo)
Chance : 10%
I only heard of him when we had to predict his chances. I researched a bit and he seems to be in a great game but haven't had a new one for a long time. So he's known by a decent amount of fans who have played his game but as for the ones who haven't, they didn't know his existence. Even now.
BUT as his games and characters have been present in the Smash games as trophees and one being an AT, his chance could be higher. And if I recall, there's no sign of him in Smash4....Maybe he'll become a DLC ?

Want : 4.58%
As I said, I only heard of him yesterday. He seems cool but heh, I'll be honest again and say he gives me a Transformers vibe....And having a Transformers fan in the family, I got tired of seeing these humanoid giant gunner robots. I would probably play him to see but I won't be sad if he doesn't make it.
(And inb4 someone says that Megaman is a humanoid gunner robot and I should not hate Transformers for that, Megaman is OK. But I didn't play him a lot. Like, the only times where for Smash Classics and so on...)

Prediction :
Tetra : 5%

Nomination : Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Ray

Chance: 26%

I'm basing this off of the arguments posted by my Custom Robo Support thread companions a few posts up. Ray has a huge Japanese audience, just not much of a Western audience. Also his AT disappeared, aand for those of you arguing that something like that helps Isaac's chances, I can argue that it helps Ray's chances. So between Japan and a missing AT (that was probably the coolest AT tbh), I give him a 26%.

There's not an actual number to describe how much I really want him, but for the sake of the rules, I'll have to leave him at 100%. With Ray comes dozens of options for gameplay. He has weapons for every situation. He would provide one of the most interesting movesets people could probably imagine, and even us Ray supporters can't really predict what his final moveset would be. From a more personal perspective, Custom Robo was easily one of my favorite games of all time. It was the first game that really let me play how I wanted to play. Sure, there were certain weapons that are better for each situation. But in the end, it let me choose what I wanted to use. This game took customization to a new level, and for those of you who enjoy that sort of thing, there's a level of immersion within this game that words can't describe. It'll have you hooked, even 7 years after the last title.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Want: 80%

I've always really liked Custom Robo: Battle Revolution on Gamecube, and Ray 01 in particular has always been a Smash wet-dream of mine...

Chance: 3%

...unfortunately, he's a wet-dream for a reason. He's from a minor, second-party developed franchise, the kind of series that Sakurai typically avoids when putting together Smash rosters, and Custom Robo has been inactive for almost a decade. If they didn't even bother to bring the Ray MK III assist trophy back, the one piece of representation CR had in Brawl outside of one or two stickers/trophies, then I don't see Ray ever being a high priority for Sakurai.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Ray
Chance: 10%
Similar to Isaac, his exclusion as an assist trophy benefits his chances. He isn't getting a ton of votes though, so I'm not sure he has the best chance around. The ballot seems more geared towards big-name, fan-favorite characters. Ray is pretty niche and likely wouldn't get enough votes. His only chance is getting hand-picked by Sakurai, similar to Ryu and Roy. I'd give him a pretty good shot for Smash 5, but for DLC, I doubt it.

Want: 25%
I know nothing about the series, but I'm all for unique characters from previously unrepresented franchises.

Tetra Prediction: 8.6%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Ray MK III

Chance: 38%
He's fairly popular in Japan, and just like Isaac was an Assist Trophy that is now nowhere to be seen in the game. That does give him a good enoguh chance, but it's not like he's probable or anything.

Want: 20%
Don't really care

Tetra Prediction: 13%

Nominations:
N x5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
This might as well be the shortest rating I've given thus far.
Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%

19: Ray - 5%
20: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Ryu - ?.?%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Ridley - 50%
12: Inkling - 30%
13: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

14: Rayman - 25%
15: Quote - 23%

16: Krystal - 20%
16: Dixie Kong - 20%
17: Roy - 10.5%

18: Captain Toad - 5.5%
19: Ray - 4.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Ray

Chance - 5%: Ray, much like Isaac, are from the only to series to receive a cut for all content for unknown circumstances. Many speculators are quick to assume that this means Sakurai thinks the games are too unimportant to give content, with Japanese-focused support and the notable pattern of both the Golden Sun and Custom Robo fandoms decreasing over the years. So while he's definitely not out, he's got a long way to go.

Surprisingly, Ray's Assist Trophy was cut from Brawl, leaving him free for a promotion a la Little Mac. It's just a matter of where he currently stands on the ballot. I've seen Ray not even cut Top 20 most of the time, only going by US polls. He has been noted to have strong Japanese support, so that might make him one of the heavier midweight contenders against characters who are super focused in the West (Shovel Knight, Shantae, Ridley, etc.)

The Ray MK III AT pretty much exemplifies the moveset of any Custom Robo character. You have great movement, especially in the air, while you drop pods and fire your gun and missile. Sure, there's enough to make a moveset off of this character. But Ray feels bland to me. I'm sure his supporters have come up with more varied moveset potential to prove me wrong. But I'd rather keep it to Samus and Mega Man if another cybernetic robot warrior is possible.

Want - 4.5%: See my closing sentences on the above paragraph for my opinion of Ray. I thought he was cool in Custom Robo, but he doesn't feel super important for me, especially with the potential leaps and bounds the ballot could make. Getting Ray would feel like a really lackluster pick. At least I understand where Isaac is coming from in the fanbase and the foil he brings to the swordfighting cast with his psyengery abilities.

Strider_Bond00J said:
My best friend bought Custom Robo (Battle Revolution) for GameCube way back in the day. We did recognize the franchise from Melee, so we thought the characters looked cool and wanted to try out a new, mysterious Nintendo game.

We would unlock the different robo models in the story, then play long sessions of multiplayer together, mixing up the different models, weapons, etc. If you have some extra cash to spare, go down to your nearest retro store or eBay and see if they have it at a discounted price. It's really fun, especially with friends.

And yes, the whole "illegal" thingie is a plot point in the second game, methinks. Certainly nothing about the metagame, I assure you. :p

PREDICTION

Ryu

Chance - 95.60%
Want - 89.903%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: Smash 5 10-Year Wait Cycle x3
*Concept: Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2

Throwing two new concepts at ya. Will resort to default on the next day.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Alas, poor Midna... Not sure if I agree that she's less likely than unknown-in-Japan indies, but it makes sense. I'd love to see how much some of these chance ratings would change if anyone does get a promotion.

Ray

Chance: 30%
He's similar to Isaac in most ways - one of the few unlockable assists in Brawl and a region-specific fanbase. However, unlike Isaac, Ray has negligible support outside of Japan. Furthermore, the series hasn't gone anywhere since 2006, and Brawl came out in 08. I feel like he was put in Brawl to take advantage of the 'new release' hype, and then forgotten.
But Smash is Japanese, so anything that's big there and small here is much more likely than the other way around.​

Want: 0%
Again, unlike Isaac, I know next-to-nothing about Ray without doing some serious research. Ergo, he's not an all-star. We've got Power-armored/robotic characters in Samus, Mega Man, Mii Gunner, etc, so nothing special here.
Prediction: Tetra
13.5%
Nomination: Getting Ghirahim out of the dead zone x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ray series of Robos

Chance - 3.45% - Well, not being in the game as an assist trophy helps, but not having your series being in the game at all is a bit of a problem. While not being a problem normally, after several console's worth of absences makes the franchise seem dead, and it's not old enough to get that Retro sort of appeal. It won't be long before this franchise is both dead and buried.

Want - 80% - That said, he's as close to a mecha as I'm going to get playable in Smash Brothers, and so I say he'd be an interesting candidate.

Tetra Prediction - 11.42% - Just tossing a number out their. She doesn't get discussed much, which makes her hard to predict.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Ray

His disappearance as a assist trophy actually gives him a better chance than any assist trophy in the game. While he doesn't have a strong support worldwide, in Japan it's still pretty big. While this probably won't guarantee him a spot, Sakurai will probably take notice of his demand in Japan and consider him for the next Smash (even if he doesn't develop it, he might still give ideas of who to add).

Want: 55%
I've never played the series but he seems as a potential interesting character, and I'm always in favor of new Nintendo series being represented in Smash. While he might seem a bit lackluster at first, you have to remember sooner or later, Nintendo will start running out of highly recognizable characters to add (with some already criticizing Smash 4's roster due to that).

Nominations:
Lip x5

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Ray robos!

Chance: 6%
Sadly, I feel that this is quite unlikely. I feel that the smash ballot will stray towards the inclusion of more modern characters, and if a cut AT were to join the fray it would probably be Helerin Isaac.

I've been playing Custom robo for years, and still play it to this day. Now if only a Wii u version was released with online multiplayer...

Nominating 6+dlc characters x5

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i need someone to explain why ray has a lower change than isaac if there both in the same predictiment

ray Changes:50%
As much as i want to see ray in the game i fear that popularity my not be enough for him.True he has a over 100 possibites for a moveset but at the end of the day i can only see it happening if sakurai is a fan of custmm robo.I know that's crazy but if not i can't see it happening.Ray isn't from a big series like mario or zelda so his changes our already low but coming from a pretty died franchise and coming from a second party developer i just don't like his changes.But already being in the game helps him alot

Ray want:20%

He would be cool and i think he would be super hype

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ray
20% Chance
Pros
>Assist Trophy Not in game
>Has decent fan base
>Custom Robo is cool
Cons
>Custom Robo is dead
>Custom Robo is small
>Fanbase is small compared to the likes of Isaac, K Rool, Banjo, and other top requested characters
Want 80%
Custom Robo is cool

Tetra 16.16%
She's got a chance, but I know most will rate her low.

Nominating Concept Rhythm Heaven Character x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
This might as well be the shortest rating I've given thus far.
Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%

19: Ray - 5%
20: Ridley - 5.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Ridley - 50%
12: Inkling - 30%
13: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

14: Rayman - 25%
15: Quote - 23%

16: Krystal - 20%
16: Dixie Kong - 20%
17: Roy - 10.5%

18: Captain Toad - 5.5%
19: Ray - 4.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Ray

Chance - 5%: Ray, much like Isaac, are from the only to series to receive a cut for all content for unknown circumstances. Many speculators are quick to assume that this means Sakurai thinks the games are too unimportant to give content, with Japanese-focused support and the notable pattern of both the Golden Sun and Custom Robo fandoms decreasing over the years. So while he's definitely not out, he's got a long way to go.

Surprisingly, Ray's Assist Trophy was cut from Brawl, leaving him free for a promotion a la Little Mac. It's just a matter of where he currently stands on the ballot. I've seen Ray not even cut Top 20 most of the time, only going by US polls. He has been noted to have strong Japanese support, so that might make him one of the heavier midweight contenders against characters who are super focused in the West (Shovel Knight, Shantae, Ridley, etc.)

The Ray MK III AT pretty much exemplifies the moveset of any Custom Robo character. You have great movement, especially in the air, while you drop pods and fire your gun and missile. Sure, there's enough to make a moveset off of this character. But Ray feels bland to me. I'm sure his supporters have come up with more varied moveset potential to prove me wrong. But I'd rather keep it to Samus and Mega Man if another cybernetic robot warrior is possible.

Want - 4.5%: See my closing sentences on the above paragraph for my opinion of Ray. I thought he was cool in Custom Robo, but he doesn't feel super important for me, especially with the potential leaps and bounds the ballot could make. Getting Ray would feel like a really lackluster pick. At least I understand where Isaac is coming from in the fanbase and the foil he brings to the swordfighting cast with his psyengery abilities.

My best friend bought Custom Robo (Battle Revolution) for GameCube way back in the day. We did recognize the franchise from Melee, so we thought the characters looked cool and wanted to try out a new, mysterious Nintendo game.

We would unlock the different robo models in the story, then play long sessions of multiplayer together, mixing up the different models, weapons, etc. If you have some extra cash to spare, go down to your nearest retro store or eBay and see if they have it at a discounted price. It's really fun, especially with friends.

And yes, the whole "illegal" thingie is a plot point in the second game, methinks. Certainly nothing about the metagame, I assure you. :p

PREDICTION

Ryu

Chance - 95.60%
Want - 89.903%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: Smash 5 10-Year Wait Cycle x3
*Concept: Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x2

Throwing two new concepts at ya. Will resort to default on the next day.
Eh... Tetra is the prediction char.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Prediction: 16.4%
Tetra
1-Third Mario, 2-Third Marth 3-Third Link, 4-Third Zelda...who's next third Pit?

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
aka. NOT a Samus clone...
"Who's next third Pit?" *Nominates Dark Samus*

Apparently a third Samus.
Sorry, but I had to point that out. :chuckle:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest, I know nothing of Ray or the Custom Robo franchise. As such, I'll refrain from posting his chances (as it'd be just blind bias).

Nominations:
Goomba x5

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'll be honest, I know nothing of Ray or the Custom Robo franchise. As such, I'll refrain from posting his chances (as it'd be just blind bias).

Nominations:
Goomba x5

Predictions:
Shovel Knight 70%-80%
Doesn't rate.
Nominates Goomba.
Predicts Shovel Knight for no reason and doesn't even write an exact score.

:drfacepalm:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ray
Like Issac, his assist trophy is gone. So that's a plus. He has had a few games. That helps. And his trophies are mysteriously gone. So this could mean two things: Either Sakurai removed him as a possible DLC character, or he was forgotten for being unrelevant. He's a mixed bag if anything.

Want: 60%
He looks like a gundam. That is already cool enough. He also was a great assist in Brawl. I think he would be an interesting character to add.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Ray (01, MK III, or other) chances - 2%

As far as removed Assist Trophies with the potential of getting upgraded go, he is outclassed by Isaac in nearly every regard. His games have been sparingly released in any non-JP region, and he isn't even exactly extremely popular there. His franchise has been dormant too long to gain any traction, but isn't retro to make up for it. If Custom Robo turns out to get another release on Wii U or 3DS (especially worldwide), this figure would shoot up dramatically, but Nintendo has been focusing on a lot of third-tier (in status, not quality) franchises lately, and Custom Robo has yet to be one of them unfortunately. If CR gets a revival, I'll certainly have more faith in Ray, but as it stands, he's in that sad hiatus of somewhat forgotten/small fanbase.

Want - 35%
I think he'd be pretty cool moveset and design-wise, but until I see him I don't want him enough to give him a ballot vote.

nominate - Black Mage x3, Crono x2

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%, Want: 2%

Midna (and Wolf Link)
Chance: 4%, Want: 30%

Ray MK#
Chance: 8%

Ray, eh? Well, okay...Ray is from a video game series of Nintendo's that is obscure to a large amount of fans. His fanbase are loyal but small, and not overly vocal. Custom Robo is also seemingly as quiet as F-Zero at this point, and there's a whole generation of fans who don't know what the heck a Custom Robo is.

Want: 23%
Whilst I'm certainly not against Ray's inclusion, there's so many other Nintendo series I'd like to see gain a character before him; Golden Sun's Isaac, Rolling Western's Dillon, A Fossil Fighter, Chibi-Robo, etc, etc.

Tetra prediction: 25%
Not quite as popular a Zelda choice as she once was, but leagues ahead of most of her Zelda franchise brethren.

Nominations:
:007:X 3
Vaati X 2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've seen others do it. So I assumed it was okay.
Besides, no one's had a problem with it before.
You're supposed to predict the next day's character.

EDIT: And your prediction won't count unless you give an exact number.

:231:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I've seen others do it. So I assumed it was okay.
Besides, no one's had a problem with it before.
Whilst frankly you can vote for whoever you want(and Goomba is perfectly viable a vote), like Falkoopa said you should be predicting the character we're rating tomorrow; Tetra. Shovel Knight's day already happened.

Also try to predict an exact number; you'll be rewarded with double the nomination votes if you guess tomorrow's correctly.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Ray

Chance: 10%
If his series comes out of hiatus his chances would shoot up.

Want: 40%
I see a lot of potential in his moveset and his designs are cool.

PREDICTIONS:
Tetra: 35%

Nominations:

Ninten x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
"Who's next third Pit?" *Nominates Dark Samus*

Apparently a third Samus.
Sorry, but I had to point that out. :chuckle:
Except Dark Samus is not a third Samus...might as well say that Wario is a third Mario in that case...

Top Bottom