• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
My rating applies to the concept of either a solo Midna or a Midna & Wolf Link (I think as a full character, she functions way better with a wolf, like @ Serell Serell above stole from my thoughts).

Chances - 1%
Upgraded Assist Trophies are possible, but none of them are standouts/performing well on the ballot, and even among them she has big competition from Waluigi, and from her own series, Ghirahim, Tingle, and Skull Kid which all have similarly-sized fanbases.

Want - 35%
One of my most wanted Zelda characters, but I have too many other priorities.

I can't believe she's going to get a lower score than Magolor though...

nominate Black Mage x3, Simon Belmont x2

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Okay. There's something I need to address here. So I've seen alot of people complaining on how we don't need any more Links, and to that, I have two things to point out.
1) Link is a different species entirely. Hardly even Link
2) Please watch this
Dat ain't Link tho. Even though we're grading 'Midna and Wolf Link' at least consider Midna and 'Shakle' as an alternative.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Midna and Wolf Link:

Chance: Um... 12%. Midna has fans and she was my best character in Hyrule Warriors, but I feel like there are other characters more likely to be added as Zelda reps before her, like Impa, Toon Ganon, or Skull Kid to name a few.
Want: 5%. I'd give her a shot but I don't really like her as a character. Or Wolf Link. Meh.

(Character being rated tomorrow)
Prediction: Uhhhhh... 22%

Nominations:
3 Nominations for Vaati - He could play like Link, but faster, weaker, with magic projectiles instead of physical ones, and with a teleport. That way you could have that "magic-casting final boss from Zelda" moveset without changing Ganondorf's.

1 Nomination for Geno - I know his chances, but he would be so awesome and nostalgic.

1 Nomination for Lark (from Pilotwings 64) - Now that Bowser Jr is in the game, my absolute number one choice for a character to add would be Nester, mascot of Nintendo Power (the potential there is limitless). Buuuuut since the rules of this thread disqualify him, I'll go with Lark, who was blatantly created in Nester's image.

Everyone else I want to see (Inklings, Captain Toad, Impa) were apparently all dealt with before I knew this thread existed.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
@ AlphaSSB AlphaSSB
Is that shadow wolf she summons her "shackle"?
That's pretty cool and is a good alternative for getting lame old Link out of the picture.
But it looks like she only summons it for certain attacks. I would want Midna to be attached, riding her "shackle" wolf the whole time, so she could be our first 'rider' character in smash bros.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh boy here we go.
My biggest character gets rated today...
If anybody here cares about me any you should probably read this wall of text.
Midna and Wolf Link:

Chance: 100%.
Just kidding.

However, I hold to what I've said in the past about Assist Trophies; they CAN be promoted. It is simply foolish to think otherwise. There's plausible workarounds to having character with two roles, some of which are already shown in the game to an extent.

If a character gets a ton of support and happens to be an AT, well, I can only imagine that the potential for a ton of cash from fans beats out "it would look weird to have two Waluigis at once" in Nintendo's list of priorities.
That being said...

Chance: 8%.
None of the Assist Trophies, except for maaaaybe Waluigi, have the potential for a ton of cash.

I really wonder if Sakurai's team will combine solo Midna and Wolf Link & Midna's ballot votes to gauge Midna's overall popularity, and if that raises her placement considerably enough to be an option. Because, in all honestly, nobody is asing for Wolf Link & Midna for Wolf Link. They're asking for Midna.

Wolf Link and Midna is still somewhat popular, but they're in the top 25 at the VERY best, and I highly doubt Nintendo's going to need to look down that far into their list of candidates.
Unless Wolf Link & Midna become like, a top five ballot contender for Smash Bros. DLC, and maybe Sakurai feels pity for the Zelda fans for not getting a newcomer since Melee, only then can I see them happening this time.

Even if Sakurai shares my view on Assist Trophies, there's still the matter of overall popularity and promotion.

Twilight Princess
doesn't really warrant any promotion since it came out years ago, but it bears mentioning that the Zelda characters still sport Twilight Princess AND the Bridge of Eldin stage returned, which not even the very topical Pirate Ship stage from The Wind Waker managed to do. On top of that, Midna appeared in Hyrule Warriors recently and judging by the time she was revealed (E3), and the overall reaction to that reveal, I wager Midna was a really hyped up character for that game.
And she's still popular overall, so there's definitely some value in her getting included.

tl;dr Wolf Link & Midna lack the support to get in Smash over the top contenders for the ballot, and being an Assist Trophy only makes this worse. However, Midna has promotional value and popularity partially due to Hyrule Warriors, so her getting in is not completely unwarranted.

Want: 100000000000%. Or just 100% if that's too many zeroes for you.

I like Midna, I like wolves, I like shadow magic, I love grabby hair, what's not to like?
In all seriousness...
I could write a book on how much I love Midna as a character and how much I want this to happen. I've wanted Midna (and Wolf Link) since BRAWL. Before I even knew what the word "speculate" meant, I was clamoring for Midna to be in Smash.
I, when I wasn't pushing for Ghirahim as a pastime, I was begging for Midna too.

Although I'm not going to fight any of you for this, I will admit that my seeing these low, dismissive want ratings for Midna are absolutely infuriating, such as not wanting this because it's a third Link, because again, nobody wants this for Wolf Link, it's Midna they really want.
And I even admit that my chance rating is probably skewed due to bias. Embarrass

Finally, I realize that I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I realize that I could be supporting much more deserving characters that also have a MUCH higher chance.
I don't care. I want it that bad. I want it more than I want real problems in my life fixed.
I will push for it until the next Smash game is announced and there's no more DLC for Smash 4, and then I'm push for them in the NEXT Smash Bros..

If you like this either component of this awesome duo, you don't mind voting for multiple characters in the ballot or haven't voted yet, Vote for Midna, don't even have to vote Wolf Link and Midna, I'm sure Midna's moveset will pertain to wolves anyway.
For me, for you, for Midna, for all the Assist Trophies.
Because with all the doubt, we have everything to gain from ONE Assist Trophy crossing the finish line. We get a great new character and the ability to laugh at, and with, anyone who doubted it.

tl;dr again: **** YES MIDNA IS AWESOME. :awesome:

Screw the predictions, I'm tired and never get 'em right anyway.

Jill Valentine x5

I will hug anyone who reads all of that. Peace out. I'm going to pretend I'm playing Splatoon. :laugh:

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 27 : Midna and Wolf Link duo
Chance : 9%
Midna is already an assist trophee : Even if AT have been proved to get a promotion, there's this thing where if Customer A buys the MaWL DLC while Customer B doesn't, wouldn't it be wierd to have an Midna AT when she's in the battlefield ? I guess that if this happens, Sakurai would make sure to code so that the Midna AT doesn't appear but I would say that if these two should appear in a Smash game, it won't be in SSB4.
Besides, there's already "two" Links, I would rather Midna to come as solo than with Wolf Link....Maybe Wolf Link would come in her Final Smash..?

Want : 10%
These two look interresting, heck, I kinda like the Midna character, even though I don't know a lot about her, but again, I would like better if Midna comes alone.

Prediction :

Ray (Custom Robo) :

6%

Nominations : Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Beauty and the Beast
Chance: 7%
(If we're rating Midna who uses Wolf Link for an attack or two)
Chance: 1% (If we're rating an actual Tag-Team)

She's popular in her own series, but not requested for Smash.

Want: 70%
Not sure if main, but it would come close.
I like Wolves, I hated Twilight Princess and I love The Legend of Zelda.
And a rider character is really cool.

Although the only Zelda tag team I want is....

Beedle and Fishman!

B: Bait and Arrow
Beedle throws Bait, which the Fishman follows, and Beedle then shoots three arrows to the fish.
The bait throw, arrows and the floppy dodging of the Fishman all deal damage.

Occasionally, Beedle throws a Bomb that explodes.

Side B: Hyoi Pear
Beedle takes a Hyoi Pear from his Spoil Bag, and a Seagull swoops in, taking Fishman in his mouth, allowing him to attack from everywhere

Up B: Hot Air Bike-Loon
Beedle makes his Hot Air Balloon fly with his bike-mechanism.
Tapping B makes the balloon rise more.

Down B: Treasure Chart
Beedle looks at his treasure chart, but it flies away in a straight line.
When it hits an opponent, Fishman swipes on the chart with his brush until the opponent breaks loose.

The weirdest command grab ever.

Final Smash: Great Sea
Beedle and Fishman go in their boat when a gale comes that lifts them up and makes chaos on the stage.
"Byeeeee"

Custom RoBottom of the Barrel: 5.4%
--------------------------------------------
I don't know anyone to nominate, because everybody who won't score high on the ballot will be shot down.
I wanted to nominate Excitebiker, the ultimate retro IMO, but he has nada ballot support, meaning he has a small chance now.
Whereas normally, he's a perfectly viable candidate for a possible "DLC Retro"
I think we've rated the possible characters already (Semi-Edit: Except left veterans) due to the ballot and that sucks.

Anyway: Squirtle x5
Gonna be my standard nom for a while.
Seriously, the only character left who won't need ballot support and we've rated all the characters that have ballot support so Squirtle Turtle will save us (Aside from concepts but blegh)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
:wolf::link2:
chances: 0.81%
I don't see it happening. While Midna is a memorable character from Twilight Princess, Sakurai seemingly judged her single appearance in a canon Zelda game not enough to make her worthy of being a fighter in Smash Bros., and instead made her an Assist Trophy. If this character concept wasn't implemented in Brawl when it was new and shiny, and Sakurai judged Midna only worthy of being an Assist Trophy for the new 3DS and Wii U installments (I kinda doubt anyone who was put in SSB4 as an Assist Trophy was ever planned to be playable), then I really doubt the idea will be given a chance again. Despite her popularity and reappearance in the spinoff Hyrule Warriors, the fact she's apparently not on Sakurai's radar and seemingly doesn't get many votes on the Ballot (since you know, everyone's dropping their support towards "deconfirmed" characters) doesn't help her in the slightest.
And before you say "Takamaru", this one was considered to be playable in SSB4, not planned.

Wolf Link and Midna want: 60%
I'd honestly be happy to see that happen. I remember back in Brawl times when I was a young, naive teenager who believed some "rumors" my brother told me and allegedly heard from one of his friends - saying that you could unlock Goku (:teeth:), Ridley, and Wolf Link & Midna by doing some stupidly hard stuff. Okay I wasn't THAT naive, I quickly thought those were hoaxes actually. That said, it made me realize that playing as the memorable duo from Twilight Princess would be kind of awesome. On the other hand all non-Toon Link LoZ characters are aesthetically inspired from Twilight Princess (even the OoT-only Shiek), and adding a TP-only character wouldn't help either, so there would be a sort of TP saturation. But overall it'd be a pleasant surprise if it happened.

And while I know this would mean yet another Link when we already have two (or even three if you want to count the DLC Mii costume), this Link does have completely appearance and abilities, so it doesn't make me think of it as much of a "meh" idea as Paper Mario. I mean, do you really imagine human Link having moves used by Wolf Link and vice versa?

Rayman prediction: 18.45%
A somewhat obscure series which got its AT from Brawl removed in SSB4, but it doesn't get as much support as Golden Sun and Isaac.

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
MIDNA & WOLF LINK:
CHANCE: 0%
WANT: 0%

There isn't really much to explain. Our snarky Twilight Princess is already an AT, and her demand is almost non-existent. I don't want her over Impa, Tingle or Vaati either.

RAY PREDICTION: 8%
Custom Robo hasn't seen anything in quite a while.

IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Midna & Third Link, Sometimes Something Else (Twilight Princess & Hyrule Warriors)

Midna is perhaps one of the most popular Zelda characters out there, easily topping Vaati,Tingle,Tetra and possibly Ghiraheim and Impa; the only characters I could safely bet are more popular are the big three(Link,Zelda,Ganon). She's that popular, despite her last canon appearance being the game she debuted in 8 years ago. (God time flies fast...) She also has a very interesting pool of moveset potential such as the Shackle or her combinations with Wolf Link. As she has the popularity and the movesets all ready, and the only lacking feature is her relevancy, I'd put her chances at 15% or higher.

If, that is, she hadn't been in as an Assist Trophy already in the default game.

Chances:1%
I just can't see the Twilight Princess getting a promotion in this installment. It isn't out of the question, mind you, but her popularity does not match the one of say, Ridley, who I would say is the only NPC possibly getting an upgrade(if we don't count the fact that Sakurai has pretty much dismissed him as boss only). Also, she dosen't seem to be getting so big of a push in the ballot either, though that would happen if you stick her with a third version of Link. We saw the scores on the rating day of Paper Mario. People do clearly not want more than two versions of a single character, and when you see the term "Midna & Wolf Link", the latter part is going to stick out.

As in, not in a good way.

Want:50%
Twilight Princess is one of my more liked Zelda games, the bosses were some of the best in the franchise and while some people don't I really liked the dark and eerie tone of the game. And I'm not against the idea of a third version of a character either as you could see with my want score with Paper Mario. The only time I'm against such ideas are when all the representation of a franchise are different versions of a same character(Metroid comes to mind), or when the differences are so minimal that you couldn't see any reason for the third edition not being a pallet swap (what I first felt with Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, though I've gotten over that since). Wolf Link is pretty different from his ordinary self, and I did like Midna in Twilight Princess alot, so I wouldn't mind her getting in either.

But if that happens, would I be greedy in saying that I want a Xant AT in her place?

Ray Predictions:20%
Fiiiiiiinally. Thank god I managed to place it on the weekends, I was looking forward to this day.

Nominations:
Jibanyan (Youkai Watch) x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%, Want: 2%

Midna (and Wolf Link)
Chance:
4%
As Link's partners go, Midna is probably the most popular bar arguably Princess Zelda(who was your partner in Spirit Tracks) ergo she's got the fans out there.
Hyrule Warriors breathed yet more life into her and fleshed her out as a fighter...
...the only downsides are; she's an AT, and a Zelda character which for some reason or another have been ignored as fighters since Melee (Toon Link is basically Young Link, let's be honest).
Alas that first one will probably prevent some would be fans from suggesting her.

Want: 30%
Okay this is a little tricky for me. I love the Zelda series, and Hyrule Warriors even beat out Smash AND Captain Toad as my personal Game of the Year 2014. I quite like Midna, even though I wasn't keen on Twilight Princess(she was IMO the best part of that game) but as far as Zelda newcomers go she's fifth in line for me;
  1. Impa who was my main in HW
  2. Vaati who was one of the few I desperately wanted in the game and WAS my no. 1 Zelda character for years. HW2 hopefully.
  3. Ghirahim who was a surprisingly enjoyable villain replacement for Vaati for me having never played SS
  4. Tingle who is IMO the most fun HW character moveset wise
  5. Midna whose style was great and I was looking forward to playing but she didn't quite gel with me.
Whilst that seems bad, that still puts her ahead of Zant, Agitha, Fi, Darunia, Ruto, Lana, Cia, Young Link, Everyone's favourite who ALSO didn't get added in HW; Skull Kid, Wizzro, Volga, Twili Midna(who may be the FS for this character should they get in) and even (also not in HW) Tetra who stars in my personal favourite Zelda title.
Admittedly if I shot for the sky Medli would also be higher than everyone bar Impa and Vaati, but she's a total pipe dream character.

Ray prediction: 19%
No idea how popular Custom Robo is anymore.

Nominations:
Since it's a Zelda rating; VAATI X 5

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Midna & wolf link
Chance: 4%
Wolf Link in my head has a weird moveset, Midna is a assist trophy... Maybe if the Twilight princess leak is real... I could raise it to 15%

Want: 0%
It will remind me of the worst part of my least favorite Zelda game.

Ray prediction: 30%

Nominations:
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x3
Elma (Xenoblade) x2

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Midna

Chance: 4%

She's an AT... What else can be said about her?

Want: 55%

I like her a great deal, supported her getting in Brawl, but afterwards not so much interesst... She'd have an amazing moveset. Sure. But I like other Zelda options far better. Impa is an obvious one, Ganon and even Tetra come next for me. I think I would even prefer Ghirahim above her to. Oh, and Skull Kid...

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Midna/Link:

Chance: .5%
She is already a AT that doesn't use wolf link. Is any more proof needed?

Want: 40%
There are other Zelda characters that I would prefer to see, but one of my friends would be overjoyed if this happened.

Nominating 6+ dlc characters x5

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Midna & Wolf Link
Chances: Midna Alone 5%? (We don't really know if sakurai would transform an AT into a playable character IN THE SAME GAME) + Midna/Wolf 0% (Too much work) = 2,5%
Want: 5% (Not in this game, maybe in the next one)

I Think HWarriors is the game where we can find Fanservice and Respect for TLoZ... Here, we can't even get Ganon/Ganondorf right...

Predictions
Ray: RayMK? ehm... 10%?

Noms:
Bub/Bob:bubblebobble:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Midna and Wolf Link
Chance - 5%
It's not happening. Midna's an assist trophy, and Wolf Link would definitely raise some questions...

Want - 20%
Honestly, I'd rather just have Midna as her own character.

Prediction:
Ray - 25%
Well, he didn't come back as an AT in this game, so he has that going for him.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Minda riding a wolf Link

Chance - 0% - Yeah, considering that she's an AT already, I'm willing to write her off as already disconfirmed.

Want - 45% - Don't have anything against her, it's just that there are charaters in the same seires I want more.

Ray series prediction - 13.45% - Well, he's not in the game at all, so...

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Midna and Wolf Link
Chance: 1%
Weren't we supposed to not rate characters who are NPCs? Yes this is kind of different, but it's like reading the fine print. Anyway, Midna is hurt by her status as an assist trophy. While I personally do not think the devs would exclude NPCs as potential DLC candidates, many fans believe that they would, which would lead to less votes. People don't want to "waste" their vote on a character who has a perceived barrier in their way, which is why many previously popular characters aren't doing as well in the ballot (Ghirahim, Ridley, Takamaru, etc.). If we get a Zelda rep, it's going to be Impa, there simply aren't alot of other good options out there.

I have no connection to Twilight Princess (yet, I literally just bought it yesterday), so I'm not fond of the idea. If they were to do it, I'd rather they just had straight up Midna playable. No need to represent Link a 3rd time, regardless of how different it'd be.

Edit: Forgot the other stuf

Ray Prediction: 17.4%

Nominations
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Midna and Wolf Link

Chances: 0%

I'd rather have Midna on her own than with Wolf Link. Beside, I ain't taking three Links or three Marios in a Smash game

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Midna

Chance: 10%
You'll notice I'm only talking about one of the characters - the one who matters. I bet if she went in, they'd bring in a generic shadow wolf the same way they did it in Hyrule Warriors. Or at least I hope that; I'm still not a fan of the same character existing multiple times on the select screen.
So, same problems as before; just check the ratings for playable NPCs. If she did make the jump, they could easily comment out her AT or replace it (with Impa, perhaps?). Her other major problem is that she is a one-hit-wonder. However, that didn't stop her from having legions of fans from her single appearance...she got more fans from one game than Impa's had until Skyward Sword, despite all of her appearances.​

Want: 100%
I LOVED Twilight Princess. Beautiful Zelda game in every way. And Midna just made it incredible with her attitude - she was an uncaring ***** at the beginning, but then you got halfway through and she almost died, and you really felt bad for her. Amazing character development over the game. I'd lovew to see her make an appearance.​

Prediction: Ray
Chance: 29.4%, Want 37.6%​

Nomination:
Squirtle x2
Ghirahim x3​

Burruni

Smash Hero
Chances: 5%
Midna's popularity off of her one game didn't get her into Brawl at all and this game only as an Assist Trophy. She's far outshined in demand by Impa, Ganon, and Vaati.
This is ignoring how she's probably not going to appear in another Zelda game and the confliction of her current assist trophy position likely conflicting with her getting in.

Want: 20% TP is honestly my least favorite 3D Zelda game. I didn't enjoy Midna as a character for most of the game. Her moveset in HW (as non-canon as that game is and has the series value of Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland) was at least interesting and a variant of it in Smash would be fairly interesting.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Okay. There's something I need to address here. So I've seen alot of people complaining on how we don't need any more Links, and to that, I have two things to point out.
1) Link is a different species entirely. Hardly even Link
2) Please watch this
Dat ain't Link tho. Even though we're grading 'Midna and Wolf Link' at least consider Midna and 'Shakle' as an alternative.
Should that be considered the same "character" that we're rating, though?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Midna. One of Link's best guides (take notes Navi)
Chance: .01%
If this was Brawl, chances would be much higher. But Midna is already an assist trophy, and was a one time character.

Want: 75%
One of my fav Zelda characters. Plus, the roster could always use more wolves (:wolf: pls based Sakurai). Wolves are my favorite animal, so I'd love it. I'd prefer Tetra though.

Ray Predictions: 18.33%

Nominations:
9-Volt x10 because until he's at the tippity toppity top, I'm keeping this nomination battery fully charged.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%

19: Ridley - 5.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Ridley - 50%
12: Inkling - 30%
13: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

14: Rayman - 25%
15: Quote - 23%

16: Krystal - 20%
16: Dixie Kong - 20%
17: Roy - 10.5%

18: Captain Toad - 5.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Midna & Wolf Link

Chance - 10%: A promising duo of extremely unlikely characters (one of which has codependency on the other support wise) coming off a one-shot role in one game in their series. They have the potential to make a strong darkhorse candidate, however. Maybe it would even lend more leeway to sole Midna from trickle effect.

The composition of this character is put in jeopardy with Midna already being an Assist Trophy. Yes, there's no rule or Word of God statements disqualifying Midna from being promoted to playable, along with the Alfonzo Clause. But the development cost might take longer than making a character from scratch. I am no programmer, but Midna's playability alone would require delving back into finalized Midna AT data, editing code to make her unspawnable while M&WL are in play or completely removed, and then bug-squashing and fixing any glitches that will result from AT data being removed. It's a tedious chore just for one character. Not saying it couldn't be done, however.

Then comes the ambiguity between having Midna AND Wolf Link being a way to sneak her into the roster due to her AT. Yes, there should be no problems having Midna go between two roles by herself. It would just feel super awkward summoning Midna when M&WL are in play. Once again, Alfonzo Clause remedies this. However, the idea of having a character that shifts between playable character and item summon feels... how do I put this? Uh, excessive? Like, it almost feels like we're having one character cross boundaries that would break the immersion of having a set of playable characters, if you catch my drift. It's not like we're promoting Little Mac from Brawl AT to playable character. Personally, it's best to just axe the Midna AT if this happens.

Unfortunately for the lupine-Twili duo, their Smash Ballot support is just about nonexistent. Conjecturing from the prelims I've seen for all regions and audiences, M&WL don't even crack Top 20. At best, they have niche support within the hardcore Smash community, specifically a tiny contingent of Zelda fans within it. The above argument is also heavily invested to be a rule by fans, especially since Sakurai's yet to disprove it. The best thing Midna, with or without Wolf Link, could get right about now is an overwhelming influx of support and/or more promotions for Zelda games, especially a Twilight Princess 3D/HD.

Want - 60.5%: I get this weird draft of confusion when it comes to Midna & Wolf Link. I mean, I'd be super excited for the potential they could bring. But on the other hand, they don't have such a demanding appeal to get in over characters that are more popular and largely more deserved. I guess it doesn't help that I'm on the fringe on all things Zelda.

The time has come for a Zelda newcomer. In that respect, the series has been getting the shaft since Melee. Understandably, all we really have left are all fan favorite one-off companions now that the Triforce Trio has been unified and Toon Link looks to be our de facto child Link. Companions have been an important part of Zelda games, so it would be logical to have the most popular of them all take a spot. I mean, just look at how she was the first true companion to be confirmed for Hyrule Warriors and she brings tons of attacks in that game. Not to mention having her Twili form being DLC over the rest of the other side characters!

Initially, I gave M&WL a rating in the lower rungs of the -50% characters on my chart. Yet I have a lot of obscure darkhorse picks rounding out my Top 10, some of which I actually have little attachment to. The potential brought forth from both characters combined made me want them even more.

Behold, Smash Bros. first rider character! They have a great potential for mobility and gaining on opponents in quick sprints. Midna could also summon Twilight portals to quickly teleport them closer to the enemy or for recovery. Combine this with a shackle launch attack and you can mix up your approach and attack trajectory.

Midna would use her hair "shackle" to morph her ponytail into an arm, which could have her AT attack transferred over, could spin it in a fixed tornado to juggle enemies, grasp into the air and launch them in any direction, and its obvious function as a grab, possibly being able to carry opponents in manner of Donkey Kong, except more reminiscent of Mega Man's Super Arm. She could also summon shadow projections of Twilight Wolves. As well as transforming into her Twili form perhaps for a Final Smash, where she casts a glistening beam from her Twili Mirror.

Wolf Link's special abilities could involve pouncing on enemies, perhaps even charging massive thrusts. He could also tackle enemies to pin them to the floor, perhaps being good for reseting characters for combos or grabs. They could incorporate his enhanced wolf senses by having them increase speed on enemies' scent trails as they move, maybe leading into follow ups like claw sweeps, chomps, tail whips, etc. Could work as a counter of sorts, except with a radius of activation.

Midna and Wolf Link compliment each other and their game so well I actually would prefer them over a solo Midna. Just having Wolf Link come along would make me even more excited for them! It's another Luma predicament. A very novel bonus character to compliment the lead character.

PREDICTION

Ray

Chance - 7.678%
Want - 9.836%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x3
Galacta Knight x1
Prof. Layton x1

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Magolor: 40%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids:
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Midna & Wolf Link's chances: 0.5%

Midna's already an assist, and even if there were some NPC promotions, I don't think she's one of the most likely ones, probably not even the most likely Zelda assist promotion. And even if she did make it in, it's no guarantee she'd bring the wolf with her.

Not interested in the slightest. I personally prefer Midna as an assist, and if she had to be promoted, I'd rather her just be by herself.

Ray prediction: 12.19%

Didn't come back as an AT, at least.

Ryu's probably got enough at this point, so...

Nominations: Squirtle x5

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Should that be considered the same "character" that we're rating, though?
The gameplay would be approximately equal because there's nothing really that couldn't be done by Midna on a Wolf Link that she does with the Shade. Encompassing a hybrid of these two incarnations seems perfect for the Smash grounds

MainJPW

M.T.A
MIDNA & WOLF LINK:

CHANCE: 1%

Highly unlikely, doubt it.

WANT: 5%

Don't really want it over some other choices.

Ray prediction:

Nominations:
Ninten x4
Viridi x 1

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So... Wolf is more likely than Roy, Fleming and Quote are more likely than Magolor and Midna is having some 10%s in chances.
Wow.

I don't know why biased people vote in these things.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So... Wolf is more likely than Roy, Fleming and Quote are more likely than Magolor and Midna is having some 10%s in chances.
Wow.

To be fair, Roy was decided upon before his leak. And Wolf was (and still is) considered very likely as pre-ballot DLC alone due to his similarities to :4lucas: in terms of "conditions" as a character.

The rest I won't defend.

Last edited:
Wow.

because everyone is biased. if only non-biased people voted it would be empty :p
To be fair, Roy was decided upon before his leak. And Wolf was (and still is) considered very likely as pre-ballot DLC alone due to his similarities to :4lucas: in terms of "conditions" as a character.

The rest I won't defend.
we specifically waited until post leak to vote on roy. im not following :confused:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

The rest I won't defend.
Like oni said, we rated Roy like 3 or 4 days ago.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Like oni said, we rated Roy like 3 or 4 days ago.
because everyone is biased. if only non-biased people voted it would be empty :p

we specifically waited until post leak to vote on roy. im not following :confused:
I'M NOT THE SMARTEST. I NEED TO CHECK THE TIMELINE OF EVENTS WHEN I DO MY TIME TRAVELING SHENANIGANS. I DEFEND NOTHING.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow.

I think it's because people have trouble visualising the chance %s they give out. Different people have different ranges as to what they consider likely.

Heck, if we rate a character on two consecutive days, without letting people see their previous percents, the score will definitely shift a bit in either up or down.

:231:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
People really have problems with Roy as a DLC Character (Chance hyper biased against actual in-game data... And Wolf only be the "Lucas's case but more popular" give him the 90%+ Average)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well here is my simple and clean rating.

Chance: 5%
She is already an AT in this game so I doubt she will be to get a Little Mac treatment in Smash 4. If somehow she makes an appearance in another Zelda game, she might be there for Smash 5 if she is lucky.

Plus we haven't had a new Zelda character since Melee (not counting Toon Link) so there are more iconic characters who might be favoured over Impa.

Want: 20%
Haven't played Twilight Princess yet so can't really say much. Looks interesting though.

Ray Prediction: 20%
Although there is no AT this time, he is not as popular as the characters who will get huge number of votes. He looks less likely, so there!

Nominations:
Looks like I will help out Phoenix (Wright) again x 5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Midna & Wolf Link:

Chance: 7%
For reasons stated above.

Want: 5%
Not sure how I feel about Midna. I'm not interested in Twilight Princess so I, personally, wouldn't care about her inclusion.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Midna and Wolf Link - 0%

I feel like Midna's already out of the running because of her status as an Assist Trophy Not like there was much demand for this concept in the first place, they always had that to get by as well.

Want - 65%

I however personally really like the idea. And I really liked the gameplay of Wolf Link in Twilight Princess as well.

Nominations: Tetra x5

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Hey guys, I'm back. I'll just get myself caught up:

Roy:
Chance: 51%
He's a very wanted veteran, but is overall a clone. If they Luigify him, that might work out for him.

Want: 50%
Indifferent. The only thing I really liked about him was Blazer.

Ridley:
Chance: 0%
If Sakurai finds a way to make him playable, it won't be this soon.

Want: 85%
Metroid needs another rep, and Ridley is a great villain. Even though I've given up on him, I'd love to see him.

Chorus Kids:
Chance: 28%
It'll need to be a character the 3DS can handle, but Rhythm Heaven is a good series. It may fit better as a stage though.

Want: 70%
I like the idea of a rhythm based fighter.

Alt Costumes:
Chance: 40%
It would make sense, but no one can predict Sakurai.

Want: 100%
Yes please.

Magolor:
Chance: 20%
He would make a nice villain, but doesn't exactly fall under Sakurai bias due to coming after Super Star.

Want: 71%
He looks rather cool and looks like he can be fun to play as. Also, if he gets in, CROWNED might get in : )

Now back to business:

Midna and Wolf Link:
Chance: 8%
Midna's assist trophy status kinda shoots it for me.

Want: 60%

I like Midna a lot. She would make a good character.

Ray Predict:

Chance: 50%

Want: 51%

Noms:
Moonstruck Blossom song x2
Homecoming Hijinx song x3

Top Bottom