• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Chorus Kids

Chance: 5%
Gematsu (which I still believe was real but outdated) was what brought them attention which seems to have mostly faded away now anyway. There should have been a serious technical issue if they were really considered and yet didn't manage to appear.

Want: 0%
I'm one of those who'd rather see Marshall represent the series.

Nominations
Lip x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is meant to give perspective on my ratings. They tend to be a lot lower than most here.

Roy (Fire Emblem): 76.5%
*Wolf: 66.66%
King K. Rool: 33.34%
Captain Toad: 30%
Isaac: 27.5%
*Ice Climber (Singular with separate Popo and Nana costumes): 22.5%
Dixie Kong: 17.5%
*Inkling: 15%
Impa: 10.75%
*Bandanna Dee: 10.5%
*Ridley: 9.66%
*Wonder Red: 7.75%
Krystal: 7.5%
*Henry Fleming: 6.66%
*Sceptile: 3.34%
**Paper Mario: 3.33%
*Rayman: 2.33%
Banjo-Kazooie: 2%
*Ice Climbers (Tag Team): 2%
Shantae: 1.15%
*Shovel Knight: 1.05%
*Quote: 0.36%
*Snake: .1%

*Was not here on rating day.
**Have changed my mind on my rating since I last rated.

Total of 355.15%, or an expected three or four characters (with four being more likely) before considering Ryu, who is about 85% in my mind, which would raise it to 440.15%.

Concepts:
*An NPC Becomes Playable: About 22.5%

*Was not here on rating day.

Chorus Kids:

Chance: 5.25%
The more I think on the Chorus Kids, the less I think they can happen. It would have to come down to Sakurai coming back to a project that he found interesting and wants badly to implement over more popular requests from the poll. I just don't see him doing that, considering that so many characters that would require far less effort would also receive a better public reaction. However, it's very possible, arguably very likely, that they were planned. So they have that going for them if they have nothing else.

Want: 30%
Maybe if they looked like they played interestingly, I'd be more excited, but I currently find their animations the most interesting thing about them.

DLC Alternate Costumes Prediction: 92.34%

Nominations: Ms. Pac-Man Alternate Costume x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Chorus Kids

Well... Are they a trio? Well... that is a problem in this game... still don't impossible, (the rate could be a LOT higher in other Smash Game)

Want: 25%

I'm personally don't care about this guys

Predictions:

DLC Alternate Costume: 50%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Chorus Kids
Chance: 11%
There has to be some sort of reasons as to why they weren't put in from the leak. Probably same unfortunate fate as Ice Climbers.

A Rhythm Heaven series rep would be amazing, but I'd prefer Marshal or Karate Joe or a hybrid of the two to represent the series.

Predictions:
DLC Alternate Costumes: 32.4%

Nominations:

Daisy x4
Crash Bandicoot

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Chorus Men Kids chances: abstain
Eh, maybe I could rate the concept of a Rhythm Heaven character, but a specific character from the series? In all honesty, not really.

Chorus Kids want: 8%
Sorry, I'm just not particularly interested to the concept of a playable character from the Rhythm Heaven series. Not saying it doesn't deserve playable representation, I'm... just not interested. I don't give a flat zero because I don't think it's a terrible character choice per se, maybe I would consider buying a RH character if we get one with a fun moveset but as of now the idea doesn't really appeals to me.

DLC costumes for characters prediction: 54.50%
I don't see why it couldn't happen. I'm expecting high scores for this concept. Sure, it may be problematic if you give a DLC costume to an amiibo then use it with a non-updated Smash game, but you know amiibo data can just be encrypted, right?

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Chorus men...
Chance: 10 %
Not sure how they would have played.
A bit curious to see how they would work.
Prediction: DLC costumes 90%

Nomination: BB bandit trio X5.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To compare with my other ratings. I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will milk the DLC hype train for as much cash as they can, and recent events have only strengthened that notion. As such, I expect plenty of DLC characters.

:roypm: Chance: 100%
Want: 100%

:wolf: Chance: 99%

King K. Rool Chance 80%
Want: 75%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 70%
Want: 95%

NPC DLC Character Chance: 65%

Isaac Chance: 65%
Want: 85%

Captain Toad Chance: 58%
Want: 90%

Paper Mario Chance: 55%

:popo: Chance: 50%
Want: 80%

Inkling Chance: 50%
Want: 20%

Rayman Chance: 40%

:snake: Chance: 40%
Want: 60%

Dixie Chances: 39%
Want: 49%

Sceptile: 25%

Impa Chance: 25%
Want: 60%

Banjo Chance: 20%

Krystal Chance: 15%

Quote Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

Ridley Chance: 5%

Shantae Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

Shovel Knight Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

Henry Fleming Chance: 1%
Want: 5%

Chorus Kids Chance: 13% EDIT: 10%, because @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 told us to reassess our ratings :troll:

Sweet! A character I don't have to write a giant essay for!

We have plenty of evidence that they may have been planned at once point, which means they may have a bit of work done on them... but that's really all they have going for them.

We have no idea how much they had done on them, only that they were scrapped, probably for the same reason the Ice Climbers were. And unlike the Ice Climbers, I'm almost certain that they won't do well on the Smash ballot, so what's the point in adding them? They aren't as popular as other suggestions, they aren't even the most popular characters in their OWN series, and Sakurai had enough issues with them that he didn't include them in the final game.

Want: 40%

I'll admit, the idea of them in Smash has really grown on me, I'm curious to see how they would work. But not to the point that I'm willing to jump on the illogical bandwagon and sing their praises :p

DLC Alts Predictions: 55%

Noms: (Sweet! I won Ridley!)
x10 Pichu

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Alright, guys, let's take it from the top. A-one, and a-two, and a-one, two, three, four...

--

Chorus Kids

Chance: 15%
The singing trio will forever be associated with the Gematsu Leak and its downfall. The claim that they were in came pretty much out of nowhere, considering Rhythm Heaven is more of a cult series and most considered any character from it an afterthought. But as E3 came and went, the leaks proved correct--despite being vague with Greninja and never mentioning Rosalina & Luma--and the Kids' following crescendoed.

Then July happened, the leaker incorrectly predicted a reveal, and turned out--by word of Sakurai himself--to be dead wrong about Chrom ever being planned. Support still remained, to an extent, but as the 3DS version came out and the Kids only had a trophy, their support made a grand pause.

A brief spike in attention popped up over the winter, though, as it was revealed that a Rhythm Heaven character was planned at some point. It wasn't a major surge, though, more a mezzo-forte than a fortissimo. Speculation moved on, and the chorus was drowned out in a cacophony of sound.

That phrase, right there, is the Chorus Kids' biggest problem: their support has dwindled big time. I haven't even seen them crack the top 20 in any poll! If they're to have a chance among the other characters, they'll need far more nominations.

On top of that, I don't know if the fact that a Rhythm Heaven character was considered even helps them. For one, no code has been found besides a series icon, meaning a RH character wouldn't have a head start. For two, we still don't know which Rhythm Heaven character was considered. We have no proof the Gematsu leaker knew for sure it was the Chorus Kids in the works, especially since they were wrong about Chrom. It seems more likely they got wind a RH character was being considered, and guessed it was the Chorus Kids.

And if the Kids weren't planned and don't have progress already made, and their support base stays small...they won't even get the chance to take the stage.

Want: 27.5%
Something you probably didn't know about me: I'm a musician. I have almost 10 years' experience with the alto sax, a couple years of piano, and a really freaking good singing voice. I was studying music in college before my health fell apart and I had to leave. A music-based character, or one with some type of rhythm mechanic in their attacks could be really cool.

Thing is...I don't think the Chorus Kids would be right for the job. In their home series, they're only in one set of minigames, and it leaves their moveset potential...a few cents flat.

I'd rather see Marshal get in. As more or less the mascot of Rhythm Heaven, he could borrow elements from any minigame in the series and it'd still feel like it fit him. He'd be able to represent the series better than the Chorus Kids could, and his moveset potential would be that much higher.

Prediction for the Concept of DLC Alternate Costumes: 74.50%
We've seen DLC costumes for Mii Fighters already, and so costumes for main fighters feels like the natural direction they'll go in next. Whether that step will be taken or not is more ambiguous.

Nominations: Wolf Link & Midna x5
You know, we don't really have a true "rider" character. They'd be unique in that way.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
CHORUS KIDS:
Simple music .... aaa.... aaa.... aaa.... 皆で AAAA.... and that's how the rhythm goes. :p

CHANCE: 5%
WANT: 1%

They got scrapped very early, in the planning stage itself, so it's probably safe to say that Sakurai wasn't able to make them work.I don't think DLC would be able to change that. Their popularity is nothing notable either... they weren't suggested by RH fans before Gematsu; Wrestler, Samurai and Karate Joe were brought up instead. Their popularity rode on the Gematsu leak, and crashed when it was debunked. There's isn't any point in adding a barely requested character as DLC.

As for want, I find their design very unappealing, personally. It's just too simplistic, similar to a child trying to draw a person for the first time. Doesn't help that the supporters had become a little arrogant during the Gematsu episode, and especially after the Sneaky Spirit was discovered in Smash Run.

The 1% is for this. :p

DLC ALTS PREDICTION: 48%

IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
WAAAAA WAAAA WAAAAluigi time

Chance: 18%
What everybody else said.
Support dwindled, but they don't have technical impossiblities like IC's

Waaaaaaant: 90%
WAAAAAA WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA.

EDIT: DLC Costumes: 23.4%

Magolor x5

Last edited:
Choir boys

Chance 5%
likely scrapped very early in development. With their very low popularity and ryu and roy existing i doubt that they are planned to be pre ballot.
i still wonder if they were cut for being a trio or from being unpopular or low priority like bowser jr.

Want 5%
they look ok o guess. Never played a game but rhythm wrestler looks more fun.

Predictions 50%

Noms
2 viridi
2 roy has awakening attire as default
1 ganon

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Simply put, not working on Roy frees up time and effort that they could use on a different character. I really don't see how this can be disputed.
Yes, towards a different clone/semi-clone who would have been complained about anyways, not towards unique characters. That is the important thing to note.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So plain old vanilla white up in this hissay! Reminds me of my first few ratings days.

Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
14: Quote - 21.5%
15: Shovel Knight - 20%
16: Shantae - 20.5%
17: Ridley - 5.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Ice Climbers - 80%

7: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
8: Paper Mario: 60%
9: Ridley - 50%
10: Inkling - 30%
11: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

12: Rayman - 25%
13: Quote - 23%

14: Krystal - 20%
15: Dixie Kong - 20%
16: Roy - 10.5%

17: Captain Toad: 5.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%
-: DLC Alternate Costumes - ?.?%

Concept Want Ratings

1: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%
-: DLC Alternate Costumes - ?.?%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

Chorus Kids

Chance - 27.5%:
Even after their spotlight has dimmed in the aftermath of the Ninka/Vaanrose leak, the Chorus Kids still remain to be on the fanbase's radar. Unfortunately, it looks like they're low priority for the fans too, as I haven't seen them make a major presence in prelims.

Rhythm Heaven remains to be a new, sizable Nintendo franchise that has yet to get a playable character. There's a fissure all along which character people would want to lead the franchise into Smashdom. Chorus Kids have been the most prominent over Smash 4's dev cycle. Marshal is seen as a solution to the Chrous Kids (I'll get into this in a later point), or perhaps having him bundled in a trio with Cam and Miss Ribbon, making the Rhythm Kids. Rhythm Girl, Rhythm Monkey, Wrestler & Reporter, and Karate Joe are other picks that come up. If we're just talking about the Chorus Kids, they have an edge in that they were featured on the cover and promotional material of Rhythm Heaven, and have maintain cameos in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Game & Wario. They may have had a single minigame to their name, and they aren't even considered the main characters of their franchise.

The only measure we have of them being considered was the now defunct Gematsu leak, which is mutually agreed to have been accurate at one point in development, seeing we never got them or Chrom. The least we've seen from them in the game is a trophy on the 3DS. Not to mention other Rhythm Heaven characters getting trophies across both versions. As well as the Sneaky Spirits being in Smash Run, which was seen as a indicator of their inclusion. However, the Polar Bear from Ice Climber is also in Smash Run, indicating a possibility of the Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids being cut around the same time.

For these so-called "spawns of the Gematsu leak", the Chorus Kids would be some damn entertaining characters. I mean, look at 'em! Three times the adorable white monster boys with swanky bowties! Along with a conductor who looks like a circus clown with dat cotton candy afro! We also don't have any characters who utilize singing, sound, and rhythm for attacks (well, besides Jigglypuff for like, one special move.) Please take a look at their support thread, which offers tons upon tons of unique ideas having them borrow from other Rhythm Heaven minigames and pioneering a rhythm mechanic that rewards precise timing of attacks. Not only that, but a rhythmic moveset could allow for more cancellable animations to create unique combos. The notion that they just came off one leak and people just rolled with it is ignorant. We wouldn't have supported them without having an idea of who they are first. (Also, Beyoncé endorses them! Just wait till an entertainment industry lobbyist sends a lump sum of dough Nintendo's way and we've gotta deal!)

The fact that they're a trio doesn't even go into the territory of the Ice Climbers' technical limitations. I mean, can you imagine desyncing 3 kids? Controlling them all at once? 8 Player Smash? That would be Wobbles's worst nightmare! Much like the Iceies, fans have proposed various ideas on how to incorporate their trio character without violating the game engine. One I'm in favor of is the Kids being bunched up all the time, shifting one of each other out for various attacks. They can even use each body to extend their attack range. Perhaps their Neutral Special would be Glee Club, where each Kid holds their signature aaahs as they move out in a horizontal line, all while projecting sound waves that can be extended or retracted depending on timing and following rhythm.

I also think it would be clever to have their other animations plays on the 3-in-1 character. Like, when they hit the ground or wall from knockback, one of the Kids is jumbled off the ground and lands over the other two. What about when they ledge grab, have one of the kids panicking as he holds onto the other two's legs, who are holding on. How would that not be adorable?

Want - 80.5%: I supported the Chorus Kids pre-release. Like many, I came off the coattails of the then believable Gematsu leak. However, after researching the characters, I grew to love the idea of them. Not to mention that they made me very interested in their franchise.

However, we're at the Fighter Ballot now. I'd rather try to get harder-to-reach 3rd parties (Banjo-Kazooie), indie characters, or other 3rd parties. Therefore, I want to avoid new 1st & 2nd party franchises until Smash 5 rolls around. Looks like the Chorus Kids will remain on my backburner for a good decade and a half, assuming it'll take that long for the next game. Until then, I can only hope that the Chorus Kids play more prominent roles in Rhythm Heaven 3DS and beyond.

PREDICTION

Concept; DLC Alternate Costumes

Chance - 86.39%
Want - 98.67%

Love concept days! Provides a nice break from the sand-flinging and monotony usually brought by character days. Also shall be fun coming up with ideas for different costumes.

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x3

Galacta Knight x1
Anna x1

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids:

Chance: 75%

Want 100%

Lets look at the evidence here. They were planned at one point in the game. Sneaky Spirit, Fighter Emblem, and the leak. Data mining backs this up, and confirms a playable rep was going to happen. Next we know there is room for at least 5 more DLC characters.

Given:
-Lucas
-Roy
-Ryu
-Mystery 1
-Mystery 2

If we assume at least one of those mystery slots is going to Wolf, we have room for one more preballot character. Ice Climbers are the most likely for this spot as they are already finished. However, I feel if Ice Climbers for some reason dont come back, Chorus Kids will most like take this spot.

Rhythm Heaven is the largest Nintendo franchise without a rep at the moment. With a new game on the way this summer, it is the PERFECT time to announce them as playable. Potentially free with the purchase of the game. Many people assume the same will be done with Wolf and Star Fox U.

Id say Chorus Kids are the most likely preplanned newcomer, (not counting Ryu).

If Ice Climbers get announced soon, I'd say Chorus Kids aren't going to happen until Smash 5.

-BUT THEY WOULD JUST BE THREE ICE CLIMBERS!! 3DS CANT HANDLE DA POWA!!!!!

Nothing at all indicates they would work anything like Ice Climbers, or even have separate AI. Duck Hunt is a trio character, and everything works in sync, as one entity. Key words....."sync....." something very very very critical to the definition of rhythm. I don't know why its even considered they wouldn't be a character thats in sync and fighters with a rhythm based moveset.

People rating them so low........how is this justified? This is a Nintendo fighting game, and Rhythm Heaven is a "in house" first party series, incredibly popular in Japan......sold many copies...relevant and has its 5th entry on its way (counting the arcade version) ..........whether theres a more suitable rep than Chrous Kids for the series, thats an entirely different arguement. The fact here is Rhythm Heaven is extremely likely for a rep as it stands.

DLC costumes: 50%. Already saw mii costumes, fighter costumes might be a thing!

Nominate: Simon Belmont x 5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chorus Kids Chance:
75%
Wait, what's with the low ratings here?
I think it's time that I made a stand for these choir boys, they are seriously being underrated here and it makes me angry.

There are so many positive things pointing to Chorus Kids' inclusion that some of you guys aren't pointing out:

+They still have a decent amount of support even after the ballot was announced. I still see CK in multiple wish lists here, and there's been plenty of talk I've seen in various websites that they want to see the Chorus Kids in the game. Who said they had a low amount of popularity?

+Rhythm Heaven is a decently popular franchise in Japan just like Mother and Xenoblade, a popular enough franchise to be a qualifiable candidate in Smash.

+They have distinct uniqueness, the Chorus Kids are pretty stand-out in various ways. For one, they could use rhythm as a mechanic, they could also borrow moveset ideas from the various mini games RH has to offer. Need I to remind you of the memorable mini games like DJ School (SUKARACHO!), Rhythm Wrestler (Wubbadubba is that true? YEAH! POSE FOR THE FANS!), and Karate Joe's plant pots that the kids can take inspiration from.

+They were planned in the game in some point, what proves this? The Gematsu Leak, the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, and the Chorus Kids trophy, and the empty RH emblem added in the game. There is so much evidence in their favor I wouldn't really call this a coincidence.

+As expected, everyone completely forgot about the upcoming RH game that's releasing in Japan soon:
They are certainly in a much better position than Ice Climbers right now with having a brighter future than them, this really soars them pretty high into being high priority for DLC that could make Sakurai try to make them work again.

And really, the only negative (THE ONLY NEGATIVE) they have against their inclusion is possibly 3DS limitations. I don't know about you, but Sakurai probably had some way to make the Chorus Kids work without acting similar to Ice Climbers, otherwise he would not have planned them at all. There are various solutions to getting the Chorus Kids to work and I'm, special thanks to @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy for proposing these ideas:
fans have proposed various ideas on how to incorporate their trio character without violating the game engine. One I'm in favor of is the Kids being bunched up all the time, shifting one of each other out for various attacks. They can even use each body to extend their attack range. Perhaps their Neutral Special would be Glee Club, where each Kid holds their signature aaahs as they move out in a horizontal line, all while projecting sound waves that can be extended or retracted depending on timing and following rhythm.
I also think it would be clever to have their other animations plays on the 3-in-1 character. Like, when they hit the ground or wall from knockback, one of the Kids is jumbled off the ground and lands over the other two. What about when they ledge grab, have one of the kids panicking as he holds onto the other two's legs, who are holding on. How would that not be adorable?
Chorus Kids' chances are basically a combination of how I rated Dixie and Ice Climbers, only their chances are better than them with even more things going for their inclusion. I suggest changing your ratings guys, because a 5% is a pretty absurd illogical percentage IMO.

Chorus Kids Want:
85% I really love the RH series personally, and I would be pretty hyped if the Chorus Kids were announced.

DLC Alts Prediction:
76.6%
I don't know about alt. costumes for characters aside from the Miis, all the costumes added so far seem to be pointing to the fact Miis are the only ones getting costumes.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chances are 48%, the presence of a Rhythm Heaven series emblem ( empty, more info go see TCRF ) and that "leak" gives the Kids better chances than most here.

Want : 70%

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chance:10%
Want:0%

Leaks don't mean jack when their style contradict themselves what people were complaining about. If Ice Climbers were a problem then these thing would absolutely destroy the 3DS completely. I feel like as of now, they are left with very minimum chances to get in from that stand.

I always hated their idea because unlike the ICs where they somewhat look different but similar due a twin appeal but these guys from a design point don't look appealing at all nor special. They'll look like an ugly after effect from Sonic Advance 2. I don't think Rhythm Heaven have any standout characters from their games except for Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl or even the Wrestler/Marshal.

To me, the biggest appeal of the series have been its music and quirky mingames. Trying to implement that into a character wouldn't do it perfect justice. A Rhythm Heaven stage would be something bigger and better especially one based on different songs and beats with music in hand. Plus they'll be interesting Assist Trophies and more things. Rhythm Heaven deserves representation but a fighter is something I can't ever get behind and really wouldn't be interesting in the long run

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Chorus Kids
Chance: 35%
Seeing as a Rhythm Heaven enemy is on Smash Run they must have been considered at some point. Probably didn't make the cut due to the same issue with Ice Climbers on the 3DS.

Want: 50%
They look interesting to me and would welcome them. The only way I see them getting in is if Sakurai just makes him sort of like a Mr. G&W clone by using only one Chorus Kid and having the rest of them as part of the movesets. If not then he'll maybe choose another character from the series. But I think we've already established the idea of them being the only characters to be implemented in Smash since the Gematsu leak lol.

Predictions
DLC Alt Costumes:
- Chance: 30% - Want: 65%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Chorus Kids Chance:
75%
Wait, what's with the low ratings here?
I think it's time that I made a stand for these choir boys, they are seriously being underrated here and it makes me angry.

There are so many positive things pointing to Chorus Kids' inclusion that some of you guys aren't pointing out:

+They still have a decent amount of support even after the ballot was announced. I still see CK in multiple wish lists here, and there's been plenty of talk I've seen in various websites that they want to see the Chorus Kids in the game. Who said they had a low amount of popularity?

+Rhythm Heaven is a decently popular franchise in Japan just like Mother and Xenoblade, a popular enough franchise to be a qualifiable candidate in Smash.

+They have distinct uniqueness, the Chorus Kids are pretty stand-out in various ways. For one, they could use rhythm as a mechanic, they could also borrow moveset ideas from the various mini games RH has to offer. Need I to remind you of the memorable mini games like DJ School (SUKARACHO!), Rhythm Wrestler (Wubbadubba is that true? YEAH! POSE FOR THE FANS!), and Karate Joe's plant pots that the kids can take inspiration from.

+They were planned in the game in some point, what proves this? The Gematsu Leak, the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, and the Chorus Kids trophy, and the empty RH emblem added in the game. There is so much evidence in their favor I wouldn't really call this a coincidence.

+As expected, everyone completely forgot about the upcoming RH game that's releasing in Japan soon:
They are certainly in a much better position than Ice Climbers right now with having a brighter future than them, this really soars them pretty high into being high priority for DLC that could make Sakurai try to make them work again.

And really, the only negative (THE ONLY NEGATIVE) they have against their inclusion is possibly 3DS limitations. I don't know about you, but Sakurai probably had some way to make the Chorus Kids work without acting similar to Ice Climbers, otherwise he would not have planned them at all. There are various solutions to getting the Chorus Kids to work and I'm, special thanks to @ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy for proposing these ideas:

Chorus Kids' chances are basically a combination of how I rated Dixie and Ice Climbers, only their chances are better than them with even more things going for their inclusion. I suggest changing your ratings guys, because a 5% is a pretty absurd illogical percentage IMO.
You enjoy underplaying the negatives, don't you?
  • 3DS limitations is not a small issue - Alienate v3DS users and you alienate nearly than half of the Smash 4 fan base.
  • What evidence do you have that Sakurai would actually use a fan suggested mechanic for them?
  • We know that they were planned but scrapped, but what does this mean? Sakurai wasn't able to make them work to his satisfaction. Whiler the ideas you mention are easy ways around the issue, what makes you think that the moveset making maniac that is Sakurai wouldn't have thought those? Bear in mind that Sakurai is, for better or worse, a perfectionist. If he feels he cannot do justice to the character, he'll not include them.
  • Also, Rhythm Heaven Popularity ≠ Chorus Men Popularity. There weren't even brought up before the leak surfaced, you know?
  • Some proof of popularity would be appreciated. Plus, simply being popular isn't the point. How do they fare compared to other characters? That's what matters.
A 75% chance means that they are 3 times as likely to happen than not, are you really sure that they're that likely?

EDIT: Keep polishing those skills though. You might land a job in the marketing division of a company. :p

Last edited:

Bill Nye

Smash Rookie
Chorus Kids/Men?
Chance: 10%
The way I see it, unless they are being worked on now, they're not making it in. If they were truly planned one point, and if they can still be implemented, then we may see them in the future as one of the two possible mystery slots (more like one because of Wolf). That's a lot of if's.

Want:50%
I think it's crazy that Rhythm Heaven didn't get a newcomer this time around. The Chorus Kids wouldn't be my first choice, but I like their design, and they're not that smiling abomination Marshall.

Nominations: Agnes Oblige x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Chorus Kid's Chances: 5%

Let's face, if it weren't for the supposed "leak," they wouldn't even be an afterthought to any of us. And that really is the only reason why they have any support in the first place. But now that the leak had been disprove a long time ago, barely anyone even considers them and so their support has fallen dramatically. Couple that with the whole 3DS/8-Player limitations and it just does not look good for them. If they can get it to work, that's great, but I have a feeling that the effort would be spent on the Ice Climbers instead because they still have strong support and are guaranteed to sell better.

Chorus Kid's Want: 40%
Eh, they don't really interest me. They're not terrible and could bring something new, or at least under-used, to the table, but they and Rhythm Haven don't really catch my attention.

-----

DLC Alt Costume Chances: 100%

It is already in the game for the Miis.

-----

Nominate:

Dr. Eggman x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You enjoy underplaying the negatives, don't you?
  • 3DS limitations is not a small issue - Alienate v3DS users and you alienate nearly than half of the Smash 4 fan base.
  • What evidence do you have that Sakurai would actually use a fan suggested mechanic for them?
  • We know that they were planned but scrapped, but what does this mean? Sakurai wasn't able to make them work to his satisfaction. Whiler the ideas you mention are easy ways around the issue, what makes you think that the moveset making maniac that is Sakurai wouldn't have thought those? Bear in mind that Sakurai is, for better or worse, a perfectionist. If he feels he cannot do justice to the character, he'll not include them.
  • Also, Rhythm Heaven Popularity ≠ Chorus Men Popularity. There weren't even brought up before the leak surfaced, you know?
  • Some proof of popularity would be appreciated. Plus, simply being popular isn't the point. How do they fare compared to other characters? That's what matters.
A 75% chance means that they are 3 times as likely to happen than not, are you really sure that they're that likely?

EDIT: Keep polishing those skills though. You might land a job in the marketing division of a company. :p

1. Except we don't know if they were cut due to issues.
2. Who says he can't find a solution himself either?
3. Time constraints happen. Again, we don't know why they were scrapped. Could be something that's fixed easily.
4. This is true. I think Pikmin should cut his score because there's a big chance it's Marshall or Karate Joe.
5. If they were scrapped, popularity won't be needed. Sakurai's stubbornness/perfectionist-ery will.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Chorus Kids:

Chance: 40%
I think they're more likely than a lot of potential characters, but I don't think they'll make the cut.

Want: 4%
Their game doesn't interest me in the slightest. I was getting somewhat tired of always hearing about them.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Chrous Kids, Men, or Whatever Their Called

Chance: 40%

From what I remember, they were rumored to join the Smash roster as DLC sometime ago but that never came about happening. They do have a game coming soon so that's something I guess. Their best bet is being one of the many characters included in the Smash Ballot otherwise they don't have a great chance.

Want: 10%

Not that I don't like the character, it's just I haven't played any RH games before so I have no attachments to the series. I also looked up descriptions about the game and it just doesn't interest me. I'll have no problem if he gets in though.

Predictions

Alt Costumes for Characters: 30%

Nominations
Bomberman X5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1. Except we don't know if they were cut due to issues.
2. Who says he can't find a solution himself either?
3. Time constraints happen. Again, we don't know why they were scrapped. Could be something that's fixed easily.
4. This is true. I think Pikmin should cut his score because there's a big chance it's Marshall or Karate Joe.
5. If they were scrapped, popularity won't be needed. Sakurai's stubbornness/perfectionist-ery will.
1.Maybe, but Blue himself acknowledged it too.
2 & 3. It's a little too late. If he couldn't do it in the entire time allotted for the initial planning stage, why would the DLC planning phase be different?
5.I personally believe that his perfectionism will make him save it for Smash 5 instead.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Chorus Kids

The Gematsu Leaks had lost much of its credibility after the Robin/Lucina trailer, and by this point in time the support for it has been lost ever since the game came out. To see these guys appear is pretty small.

Want: 20%

They sound interesting concept-wise, but they're not a character that I would want myself.

DLC Alternate Costumes

Prediction: 70%

Nomination: DLC Music 5x

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1.Maybe, but Blue himself acknowledged it too.
2 & 3. It's a little too late. If he couldn't do it in the entire time allotted for the initial planning stage, why would the DLC planning phase be different?
5.I personally believe that his perfectionism will make him save it for Smash 5 instead.

1. Yeah, but it could be small issues, could be big issues.
2. Because maybe they started working on them/had the idea too late?
3. That could be the case, but it also could go the other way.

This is going to be a ping-pong "Could be the case, could be not" argument, we both made our points and I don't want a big argument.

:008:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Chorus Kids
Chance: 10%
Their only chance is to be pre-planned DLC to promote the new Rhythm Heaven game. Their popularity fizzled out a while ago and they have direct competition with other RH characters like Marshal and Karate Joe (both could be implemented in the game without the technical limitations the Chorus Kids possess.) If we were rating the chance of a RH rep in general then my rating would be much higher, but the Chorus Kids specifically? I don't have high hopes for them.

Want: 5%
I love Rhythm Heaven but I don't care for the Chorus Kids. Their design to me is very boring. I'd rather have Marshal or the Wrestler.

Alt Costumes Prediction: 40%

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 24 : Chorus Kids
Chance : 35%
Let's face it, they are pretty tied to the Ice Climbers, if the IC don't come back, then the Chorus Kids will NOT be a thing...
But with the fanbase and their growing popularity, they may have a chance.
Also, if the Chorus Kids come as 1 (meaning the other 2 are used as attacks) then the chance may go higher.

Want :
65%
They look like an interresting character(s) and they look like they have potential. I would love to play as them (him) if they become a DLC !

Prediction :

Alt Costumes : 15%

Nomination : Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5 (Still fighting for him ;v; )

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Chorus Men
Chance: 1%
It's clear that a Rhythm Heaven Character was planned for this game. Whether or not that character ended up being the Chorus Men remains to be seen. Unfortunately, now that DLC is a popularity contest, their hopes are greately diminished. The issue with RH is that there are no defined choices for a character. None of the characters are doing well in the poll, because it's all split between each other. I don't think any sort of RH character is likely, especially not Chorus Men, who lag behind the likes of Marshal, Karate Joe, and Wrestler. I'd argue that RH is the largest Nintendo series not represented with a character at the moment, but that doesn't mean as much in the DLC world.

Want: 75%
The Chorus Men and the Gematsu leak are what got me into the series. I picked up RH Fever on a whim after seeing all the discussion about getting a character from a series. It's an amazing game, that I highly recommend, considering how cheap it is on Amazon. Easily one of my favorite games I played for the first time last year, and that list includes the likes of Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Bowser's Inside Story and of course Smash Bros. Now here I am, eagerly waiting for Nintendo to announce the 3DS game to get a NA release. But I digress, I really want a character from this series. I really don't care who it is, due to the game not exactly having any sort of definitive choice. Whoever were to get chosen would likely use a bunch of references to other minigames. I guess Marshal would probably be preferable, but I'm not picky, I just want a character from the series, but the Chorus Men hold a special place in my heart, for introducing me to the series

Alt Costume Prediction: 53.5%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chorus Kids:

52% There's a Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, a rhythm heaven icon in the files, and it's a popular Nintendo series(at least in Japan) that has no reps. But they probably have the same problems Ice Climbers had so it's a 50/50 here.

Want: 75% I do want Marshal more, but hey new reps are fine with me.

Prediction:

Alt Costumes: 58.76%

Nominate Mach Rider x5

D

Deleted member

Normally I would update the Directory in the morning, but I had a final pretty early in the morning. Thankfully, it's all over.

The Directory has been updated.

Chorus Kids
Chance:
10%

Foul Gematsu... we meet again.
Seriously, a lot of the support for them started to develop with the Gematsu leak. I am unsure if it's even still strong to this day...
As for the leak itself, that's what it hinges on: did it or did it not have legit information.
Wii Fit Trainer was the oddball out, the character that no one predicted seriously, and he got that right. He even other characters right. However, the second leak contained Palutena and Shulk, who were heavily speculated to begin with, and then there was Chrom, who a lot of people thought was going to make it in. A Pokemon from X and Y, while correct, was still very vague and Sakurai mentioned that Greninja was planned from the beginning and thus he should have been able to name Greninja. It did, however, correctly predict that Lucas was cut and that Ness would remain. There is also data containing a Rhythm Heaven symbol in the game's files, meaning that something Rhythm Heaven related was planned.
The leak could or could not be seen as outdated. Or, what if the Gematsu leak was being planned with guesses all along? Of course a lot of people speculated that Awakening would get a character because it sold pretty well and it saved Fire Emblem. The main character people speculated was Chrom, with lord logic in mind; people disregarded Robin, even though one of the main focuses of the newcomers was what they brought to Smash and how unique they were. Sakurai put Robin in because he brought something and Chrom couldn't. It's possible that the listing had "FE:A Character" on it, but if Greninja was planned, wouldn't it be easy to not mix up Robin's name with Chrom's? Then of course the leaker mentioned that Shulk was going to get confirmed in July, but he got that completely wrong and Robin and Lucina were confirmed.
I know that all of you know this by now, but I had to restate it anyway.
Even without the leak, the Chorus Kids are still very doubtful. Rhythm Heaven has a lot of characters to choose from; any one of those characters could be made playable and the Chorus Kids have to compete with them. Let's say the Chorus Men were planned, the question is how would they work? If they were a three in one character, then this simply would not happen with the 3DS's limitations preventing the Ice Climbers' return. Finally, although content from Rhythm Heaven was planned, data for a Rhythm Heaven character has not been found while we have data for Roy and Ryu, meaning they might get in without the ballot; the Chorus Kids need the ballot.
I've gone on longer than I should. Overall, it might not matter if the leak was truly real or not; we just know that RH content was planned.

Chorus Men: 0%
I have a bad feeling that they will be like the Ice Climbers... and I hated them.

DLC Alt Costumes for Characters Prediction: 50%
I dunno where this will go, this might be divisive.

Well then, onto the next challenge I suppose.
Nominations: Ryu 5x

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Chorus kids
Chances: 2%
Give them a nice stage, with a lot of references and good music.

DLC Costumes
Prediction: 20% they want our money, are they willing to work for it?? I don't think so, they didn't even give mewtwo some alt specials. :shaker:

Nom:
Bub/Bob x5:bubblebobble:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
3DS limitations is not a small issue - Alienate v3DS users and you alienate nearly than half of the Smash 4 fan base.
What are trying to say here exactly? Wasn't saying it was a small issue really, it's pretty moderate, but it can be done.
What evidence do you have that Sakurai would actually use a fan suggested mechanic for them?
I don't have evidence but there is some things I know about development and creating characters that would point to him using such a plausible mechanic. Having a trio in the game and making them work exactly like the Ice Climbers on a small portable system would be a workload to deal with especially on the 3DS. Sakurai is probably aware of the this as he's been in development trouble before, and the only other way he could've made work was to make them a 3-in-1 character. Now there are no real time constraints on DLC, he can make them try to work again using one of the ways I suggested.
We know that they were planned but scrapped, but what does this mean? Sakurai wasn't able to make them work to his satisfaction. Whiler the ideas you mention are easy ways around the issue, what makes you think that the moveset making maniac that is Sakurai wouldn't have thought those? Bear in mind that Sakurai is, for better or worse, a perfectionist. If he feels he cannot do justice to the character, he'll not include them.
It is certainly something Sakurai can make work, he made odd characters Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt work justice. He would do the same with Chorus Kids too, only rhythm and many of the mini games are involved in their moveset. Chorus Kids is not part of a Ridley situation at all.
Also, Rhythm Heaven Popularity ≠ Chorus Men Popularity. There weren't even brought up before the leak surfaced, you know?
Not really a negative point, this is just contrasting things.Those were two separate support points, I wasn't taking RH franchise's popularity into account when I was talking about popularity for Chorus Kids.

Some proof of popularity would be appreciated. Plus, simply being popular isn't the point. How do they fare compared to other characters? That's what matters.
Unfortunately, now that DLC is a popularity contest, their hopes are greately diminished.
I don't think that matters much when there will probably be DLC characters who will be not be added because of popularity, Ryu is a notable example of this. Even if Chorus Kids had low popularity, there's still lots of supporting points in their favor that'll have Sakurai add them as a characters.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Chorus Kids

Chances: 10%
Apart of the infamous and possibly outdated Gematsu leak. Well they were apparently planned but eventually got scrapped. I think these guys are in the same position as the Ice Climbers. Probably were going to get three of them but couldn't get them to work on the same screen. Sakurai is a self proclaimed fan of Rhythm Heaven and planned to get them in for another lesser known franchise. We have trophies of some of the characters in Rhythm Heaven but that about it. I'm still somewhat surprised that there wasn't at least a stage dedicated to it.

To be honest I wasn't a fan of the Chorus Kids at first. Over time the idea started to dwell on me as to what their moveset would've been like. Probably would've been one of those very out there move sets. I am not disappointed that they are not in the game. Though I would've liked to see how they could have worked.

DLC Alternate Costumes for Charcters Predictions: 20%
I would like for this to happen but it seem so unlikely.

Nomination: x2 Lana

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Time for Ad-Rant-Ure!

Featuring Chorus Kids, the screamy singers.

"Ice Climbers had problems! Chorus Kids are impossible!"

Ice Climbers had problems because of Nana's AI being too hard to program.
Nana is a walking 3D model that emulated Popo's moves after attacking.

Now you might say: "Come on -whatever you might call me-, Two was too hard, three is a programming monstrosity."

I doubt Chorus Kids had the same problem as them.
They don't attack right after eachother, there's no leader that the other try to mimic a leader.
This is more of a Duck Hunt situation.
Different parts of the same characters having eyes.

This is a whole different deal than Ice Climber x3

Top Bottom