• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What are trying to say here exactly? Wasn't saying it was a small issue really, it's pretty moderate, but it can be done.
It was probably the tone of the sentence. Eh, whatever.

I don't have evidence but there is some things I know about development and creating characters that would point to him using such a plausible mechanic. Having a trio in the game and making them work exactly like the Ice Climbers on a small portable system would be a workload to deal with especially on the 3DS. Sakurai is probably aware of the this as he's been in development trouble before, and the only other way he could've made work was to make them a 3-in-1 character. Now there are no real time constraints on DLC, he can make them try to work again using one of the ways I suggested.It is certainly something Sakurai can make work, he made odd characters Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt work justice. He would do the same with Chorus Kids too, only rhythm and many of the mini games are involved in their moveset. Chorus Kids is not part of a Ridley situation at all.
My point is that he has already tried to do implement them, but gave up. If they were even selected in the planning stage, then it means Sakurai certainly had an idea of how they would work, but it was likely not feasible enough for whatever reason. I don't think he'll pick up the idea again until the next Smash. While DLC does not have time constraints, it does not solve everything - we can't be too sure because we don't the reason they were scrapped.

I don't think that matters much when there will probably be DLC characters who will be not be added because of popularity, Ryu is a notable example of this. Even if Chorus Kids had low popularity, there's still lots of supporting points in their favor that'll have Sakurai add them as a characters.
People didn't ask for Ryu because Sakurai's own quote was taken as a NO towards fighting game characters, and no one thought he was possible. Chorus Kids' support was decent at best even at the height of their Gematsu-induced popularity. The comparison doesn't really stand - Ryu is the face of fighting games and is guaranteed to sell despite no initial demand. Can't say that for Chorus Kids, who aren't the first choice even among RH fans, let alone the Smash fans.

:231:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I've been waiting for this one. ^^ Sorry if my post sounds like bias or straw grasping to you guys, but this is my opinion. xD

Chorus Kids

Chance: 70%
I think the Chorus Kids have a pretty decent chance to be dlc, in my opinion. While we don't know for certain if the Chorus Kids were in fact the cut Rhythm Heaven rep, I think it's safe to assume that they were thanks to the Gematsu leak. I agree with the people who say that the leak was dated because if I remember correctly, the leak said Pac-man, Little Mac, Miis, Shulk, Chrom, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Pokémon X/Y (Greninja), Animal Crossing Guy (Villiger), and the Chorus Kids were going to be playable. 8/10 of those characters turned out to be playable. Chrom was probably going to be playable, but ended up getting replaced by Robin early in development since he wasn't unique enough. As for the Chorus Kids, when someone hacked the game, they found a Rhythm Heaven emblem file, and it was located with the other playable fighters emblems. So yeah, I believe the Gematsu was 100% correct at one point in time. The Chorus Kids were most likely planned but cut during development.

Why they didn't make the cut was never said, but since the Ice Climbers were cut due to Nana's AI not working properly on the 3ds version, most people are assuming that the Chorus Kids were cut due to technical difficulties as well. While it's quite possible that might have been why they were cut, we don't know that for sure. Maybe their absence is simply due to time constraints. Like others have suggested, they could have been a 3 in 1 character where they visually look like three separate models, but in reality they all share the same model.

I gave them a 70% in chance because, with the new RH game coming out, there's a chance they could be announced with the game to help promote it. However, if technical issues are the reason they were cut then I doubt they'll try to get their issue resolved before the Ice Climbers. But then again if they were cut due to time constraints then they have a good chance to come back through dlc. However, Sakurai might only want to pick the most popular characters for dlc just to make sure they sell well, and I don't know if the Chorus Kids are popular enough. RH is quite popular in Japan so that's something. Lastly, the random Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run still seem suspicious to me. Why would they leave them and the Polar Bears in Smash Run if the playable fighters for their series were cut?

Want: 100%
I'd be happy with any RH rep, but I want the Chorus Kids the most. I just love playing as those strange, oddball characters in Smash, and the Chorus Kids fit that description perfectly. I'm very curious to see how Sakurai envisioned them in Smash. Now I understand how their design is boring to some, but I find their simple design to be hilarious and charming. They're not the most popular characters being requested, and I'm not gonna get my hopes up for the them by any means, but I'd love for these little guys to join Smash.
:)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My point is that he has already tried to do implement them, but gave up. If they were even selected in the planning stage, then it means Sakurai certainly had an idea of how they would work, but it was likely not feasible enough for whatever reason. I don't think he'll pick up the idea again until the next Smash. While DLC does not have time constraints, it does not solve everything - we can't be too sure because we don't know the reason they were scrapped.
I doubt that he will not pick up the idea of Chorus Kids especially with the upcoming game for the 3DS coming, Sakurai researches deeply on what games are coming up, and it's very likely he'll pick up the idea of a RH character again, whether it be Chorus Kids or Karate Joe. (If he decides Chorus Kids are extremely hard to implement)

People didn't ask for Ryu because Sakurai's own quote was taken as a NO towards fighting game characters, and no one thought he was possible. Chorus Kids' support was decent at best even at the height of their Gematsu-induced popularity. The comparison doesn't really stand - Ryu is the face of fighting games and is guaranteed to sell despite no initial demand. Can't say that for Chorus Kids, who aren't the first choice even among RH fans, let alone the Smash fans.
I suppose the comparison isn't fair, but my point still stands that a less requested DLC character can get into Smash, not all of DLC characters will be based on the ballot, arguably Lucas and Mewtwo prove this too since they were added for reasons that wasn't the ballot.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I doubt that he will not pick up the idea of Chorus Kids especially with the upcoming game for the 3DS coming, Sakurai researches deeply on what games are coming up, and it's very likely he'll pick up the idea of a RH character again, whether it be Chorus Kids or Karate Joe. (If he decides Chorus Kids are extremely hard to implement)
I'm not sure how much cross promotional DLC we'll get, but it's a fair point, I concede.

I suppose the comparison isn't fair, but my point still stands that a less requested DLC character can get into Smash, not all of DLC characters will be based on the ballot, arguably Lucas and Mewtwo prove this too since they were added for reasons that wasn't the ballot.
That implies they will only come out after the ballot winner(s) are released, as all pre-ballot characters are likely known at this point. Do you think we will more DLC after the ballot winners?

:231:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gematsu Boys:

Chance: 2%. The ultimate bandwagon character, there was a time when these guys were considered a shoo-in due to the Gematsu leak. However, now that the game is out, their chances of being DLC are near non-existent. They're a 3-in-1 character that was supposedly planned, but cut in the same vein as Ice Climbers; they couldn't be made to work on the 3DS version. Theoretically, Sakurai's team could find a solution to make the Chorus Kids work, but there's no interest in it. Support for them, as expected, has all but vanished after they disconfirmed. Rhythm Heaven is a relatively obscure series, so if Nintendo seriously wanted to take the risk of selling such a character as DLC, it wouldn't be Chorus Kids, it would be someone more popular.

Want: 0%. People are tired of hearing about Ridley? That's cute. These guys and Chrom made speculation for me a goddamn nightmare. Not only because they were both terrible newcomers for their respective series, but because of how arrogant some of their supporters would be over their potential inclusion. I'm so glad Robin and Lucina put an end to that.

Also, where's the love for Karate Joe??

---------
DLC costumes chance: 35%. I don't know.
---------
Nominations:
Wolf Link and Midna x2
Jill Valentine x3

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Depends on the direction of DLC really.
Sakurai has said he's going all-turret on DLC, we could be going farther than ballot characters, I doubt we'll be getting less than 10 characters because of this.

Last edited:

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Chorus Kids/Men
1%
I find them irrelevant, better potential Rhythm Heaven rep, and Sakurai likes to "surprise" people and being that they were "leaked" a few years ago now Sakurai would like to surprise us with better characters that people like.
Want 0%
Just don't care for them and don't think they would add much
Costume DLC: 100%
Nominations: Dr. Eggman x5 (because that's what we all want :))

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Depends on the direction of DLC really.
Sakurai has said he's going all-turret on DLC, we could be going farther than ballot characters, I doubt we'll be getting less than 10 characters because of this.
Should he really be doing that considering his health. If he is. I just hope he takes a nice long break after he's done with DLC.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder RedChance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

I'm late, I'm late! Also accidentally hit send before tthis post was even started!
CHORUS MEN
Chance: 9%

Rhythm Heaven files. Most common suggestion. COULD just be a stage though. A logo can just mean that. Also, it's a trio. Ice Climbers technical problems +1.

Want: 0%
Would prefer Marshall. Would prefer Rhythm Monkey. Would prefer no character. but a kickass stage and AT in the form of Rhythm Wrestler forcing people to POSE FOR THE FANS (taunt).
Whoa, you go big guy.

DLC costume prediction: 22%
Another stab in the dark.

Nominations:
5 X:007:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Y'all should give the RH characters a higher chance rating if you guys think technical issues are going to hinder Chorus Kids, take everything I said about Chorus Kids aside from technical issues and put it in Karate Joe's or Marshal's rating instead.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Y'all should give the RH characters a higher chance rating if you guys think technical issues are going to hinder Chorus Kids, take everything I said about Chorus Kids aside from technical issues and put it in Karate Joe's or Marshal's rating instead.
Seems fair. Next RH character we get I'll rate higher in chance(unless they're really obscure), but I can't see a fully functional trio being playable due to 8 Player Smash and 3DS limitations personally.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Does this trip have a good chance at being DLC?
Chance: 8%
The answer: Of CHORUS they don't. They were barely talked about until Gematsu, and the same thing keeping out Ice Climbers is probably keeping them out too.

Want: 50%
Pretty indifferent to them.

Nominations:
9-Volt x5 (Best WarioWare character and you know it.)

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Phantom R Confirmed-- Chorus Kid Chances
Chance: 35%

Man oh man, how will I justify that percentage.

-omg da leek is real. While it did not confirm that Chorus Kids or any RH character were going to be playable, as it may have pointed to a stage for example (the more likely option), it certainly gives credence to RH having a part in Smash in some way.
-Were these guys to be implimented, there is no guarantee they'd have the AI levels of Ice Climbers. Rosalina and Luma worked on a simpler cluster scenario and there's a possibility the Chorus Kids would go along this line instead. Expect lots of Chorus Kid SDs. More like Chaos Kids, ayyy.
-There's no denying RH's popularity, and we have yet to have a music game rep in Smash outside of DK's Donkey Konga final smash. They'd fill a bit of a niche in the line-up.

That said, there was a leak and now there is nothing to do with them in the game, stage or playable. That speaks volumes in itself. However, they've been doing relatively well in fan polls so they have a chance, and they've had Sakurai's attention in some form. So there's actually a relatively decent chance for these guys.

Want: 40%
Look at them they're cuties. And a triple threat. I want that. Never touched Rhythm Heaven but used to know a fellow who was really serious about Chorus Kids in Smash so I would enjoy to see them for his sake too.

DLC Costume Chances: 84.4448%
Because we've already had a ton of DLC Mii Fighter costumes, this holds a lot of weight. Just, if you want to see a specific one that isn't Meow Meow Mario, prepare to be disappointed.

Nominating Layton x5, out of sheer stubbornness right now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chorus Kids/Men
1%
I find them irrelevant, better potential Rhythm Heaven rep, and Sakurai likes to "surprise" people and being that they were "leaked" a few years ago now Sakurai would like to surprise us with better characters that people like.
Want 0%
Just don't care for them and don't think they would add much
Costume DLC: 100%
Nominations: Dr. Eggman x5 (because that's what we all want :))

10/10 Better Sonic newcomer than Knux and Tails. :p

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids

Chance - 0.75% - Even if they were not having technical issues like the Ice climbers (I see them getting in before they do), I don't think they were able to finish it to their satisfaction. Gemastu might not have even been entirely reliable at this point, so it's possible they were not considered strongly (about as much as Chrom was). Otherwise, I don't think they managed to be popular enough to push through what problems they have now.

Want - 20% - Bleh. I would prefer Karate Joe or the Rhythm Girl over everyone else. Possibly the monkey, but I think their more limited.

Costumes DLC Prediction - 21.45% - Who knows?

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidances X3
Anna (FE) X2

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do think that people tend to use the percentage system here a little incorrectly.

They say things like "I don't expect this, but I'll give it a chance." and then rate it 10%.

1/10 is a little high for something that you don't expect. Let me role a ten sided die until I roll a 4, a number which itself was random.

That was surprising even to me. Let me do that again, this time looking for the number 10.

That time, it was the eleventh draw. Interestingly, 4 randomly came up 1/2 of the time in the first 6 times.

Once more? 7 is our 10% this time.

10% happens relatively often. Don't be fooled by the small-looking number.

Just as an aside, let's let's see what happens when we do the same experiment, but with a list of X and Y, with X having a 75% chance of appearing first. Let's see the result if I do it ten times.
Y
X
Y
X
X
X
X
X
Y
Y

How about with 90% instead?
X
X
X
X
X
X
Y
X
X
X

That one perfectly lines up with what the probability predicts.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Promoted NPCs: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%

Chorus Kids' chances: 20%

Personally I think there's a pretty good chance that we'll get a Rhythm Heaven character. It seems like it was planned to receive a character in the main games, and it's a fairly big franchise that's also still active. There's no guarantee it would be the Chorus Kids, though. While they're definitely one of the frontrunners for a Rhythm Heaven character, there's still plenty of competition for a potential spot (especially from Karate Joe and Marshal). They're not really among the most popular characters either, pus if they were to be considered as Ice Climbers +1 then that's not really going to happen, though that's not the only way they could be included.

Want: 5%

They only get that much because I want a Rhythm Heaven character. In addition to thinking it's one of the best potential new franchises to represent, I'm a huge fan of the series. DS and Fever would rank among my favorite games of their respective systems, and are among my favorite games in general. These guys though...I've never liked this choice. I don't find them to be an interesting choice for a fighter, and I don't think they're the best representative for the games Karate Joe, Marshal, and even the Wrestler would be much better selections, in my opinion.

DLC Alternate Costumes prediction: 56.74%

Not a clue.

Nominations: Ryu (Street Fighter) x5

ferioku

Smash Ace
Chorus Kid Chance 20%

Want 5%.
I love Rhythm Heaven, but i'm honestly not sure about Chorus Kids.

DLC Alternate Costume: 80%

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Chance:
15%
So there was a leak. Yep. That doesn't mean much, but Rhythm Heaven is a relatively popular series, so they have that going for them. If the characters are meant to be like the Ice Climbers, their chances are 0. But I think they were intended to be more like Duck Hunt (or to a lesser extent Rosalina and Luma).

Want: 90%
Sure.

Prediction:
DLC Alternate Costume: 50%

Nomination:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chorus Kids
Chance: 10%
While we know they were planned (or at least, an RH character) was, their omission comes as a mystery. We honestly aren't sure what was the reason that they got the axe. Were they cut due to the same problems as IC? Were there other problems with their implementation? Or was it just time constraints? It's hard to say, we just know that they were considered early in development and they fell through. Now, depending on what got them cut is what's going to affect their chances. If it's the first or second, then I think they're stuck as I don't think the time they'll have with DLC will be able to overcome their problems, especially without the demand unlike the ICs. If it's the third, then they're possible for a pre-ballot choice, but it's still up in the air if they'll be chosen over other potential candidates for that like maybe Snake. Another issue is their aforementioned lack of demand, there's not a lot of popularity to them and they crashed after the Gematsu leak was hit with a Falcon Punch on Chrom, so they likely would have to rely on Sakurai himself to become playable, and I feel that since they missed the boat the first time around, it's not something I put too much reliance on.

All in all, they depend on being able to be implemented without issue and Sakurai prioritizing them over ballot choices. Both are possible, but it's not something I put too much stock in personally.

I'm curious what they had in mind for the trio, but other then that I don't really care for them. I'd much prefer other RH characters over them such as the wrestler.

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Chorus Kids

Chance: 2%
For a RH rep, its a poor choice. These few have only bean in one game and it was pretty much a rip off of the Clappy Trio game from the first one. A good example of what I mean is the trailer for the newest Rh game. See how several games where highlighted? See how the Chorus Kids is NOT one of them? That imo is enough to discount them. I won't give them my lowest (a .1%) however due to the current popularity on smashboards, even if it was because of an un-true leak.

Want: 1%
The ones they ripped off are a better fit than them. Give me karate joe or marshal over these three any day.

x5 RH Rep

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
@Tr1pleDee we need you

chorus kids change:30%
The fact that we have proff that they wre worked on(rhythm heaven icon and proof that there may of been a rhythm heaven stage) also the fact that for the most gematsu was real.I say 30% becuase unlike ice climbers they could make the chorus kids work.Where you control 1 kid and the others pop out for specials.However i don't feel like that's a likely option

chorus kids want:50%
I like rhythm heaven and think they deserve a rep rather it's chorus kids or my personal favorite karate joe if they get a rep it's cool for me

Prediction:
DLC Alternate Costume: 50%

slippy x 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Where's @ Jigglystep Jigglystep when we need him? Since it would interesting to hear some words from him on the subject.
You called?

Chorus Kids

Chance: 80%

I'm going to present this with all bias aside. I truly do think the Chorus Kids have a very solid chance of making it in as DLC. Why? There's a lot more to this whole subject than meets the eye. Please take time to read through what I have to say before ruling off the character.

The Gematsu Leak

First of all, let me address the elephant in the room and touch on the Gematsu leak. I often see people use the controversial legitimacy of the leak as an argument against the Kids. This is simply a fallacious argument. The facts on the table are that the leaker's source had already acquired accurate information on several (and some rather unexpected) characters, you can't argue with that much.

As for his two oddity predictions, Chrom and the Chorus Kids, I believe a perfectly plausible explanation is that he may have acquired an extremely early concept of the roster, especially considering how soon his information was presented to us. Chrom was confirmed by Sakurai to be put into consideration early on in development, but what was the deal with the Chorus Kids? Well, as you may have heard from a recent data mining of the game, there was data for a Rhythm Heaven character emblem found, which essentially confirms that one was put into consideration at one point.. and who else but the very Rhythm Heaven character that was predicted a year prior? Outdated information appears to be very likely given all these facts.

Also, I thought I'd point out this lesser known tidbit from the plethora of information the leak has given us:
There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut - Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy"
Take that as you will, now that we know that DLC is a thing and Lucas was cut.

Now, why do I think the Chorus Kids have an extremely valid chance to make it in despite being seemingly cut? They have quite a few things going for them, actually.

Technical Limitations?

To get it out of the way, technical limitations are definitely not a factor against their conclusion. Instead of being a triple Ice Climber like most people jump to presume, I picture them operating in a similar fashion to the other "group" characters in Smash 4, such as Duck Hunt, Olimar, and Rosalina, in that they wouldn't have actual separate AI, but rather give off the illusion of multiple characters working together. Rhythm Heaven is all about keeping the beat and synchronicity in rhythm, and having the Chorus Kids' moveset portray this theme with that illusion would be much more true to the games than a blatant Ice Climber concept ripoff. This would avoid the hardware limitation of the 3DS.

Popularity

Another topic I see brought up is their popularity, or perhaps their lack thereof. Smash isn't entirely about popularity, as Sakurai has made clear in interviews regarding his philosophy on newcomer selection. Heck, we are introduced to oddball characters and franchises all the time. The Fire Emblem fanbase was miniscule prior to Marth being featured in Melee, and look at the franchise now. The series has evolved and is practically an ever expanding staple to Smash. Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Starfox, Xenoblade.. I could go on. I could definitely see Sakurai's reasoning behind putting the spotlight on another highly underrated franchise, not to mention that with Rhythm Heaven 3DS coming out this summer, the timing for promoting the series would be excellent.

Uniqueness / Moveset Potential

Speaking of Sakurai's philosophy on character selection, another large factor for him on deciding on a character is uniqueness; what the character can bring to the table in contrast to the other fighters. He has certainly emphasized this is Smash 4 with how many absolutely crazy characters with unique mechanics have been implemented. Contrary to what a lot of people are quick to assume, the Chorus Kids would be nothing short of unique. Perhaps it takes somewhat of a Rhythm Heaven fan to realize, but the Chorus Kids have endless potential as a rhythm based character archetype. The three singers could utilize various wacky objects from the many Rhythm Heaven minigames in a similar fashion to Mr. Game and Watch's moveset to portray the rhythm mechanic. Just give this remix of every minigame in Rhythm Heaven Fever a watch to get an idea of how much Sakurai could pull from:

Also, check out the Chorus Kids thread for further elaboration on their moveset potential if you're still unconvinced.

Conclusion

So, with all of this in mind I believe that Sakurai would consider the Chorus Kids an excellent addition to the roster, as we can conclude that he has already acknowledged them as a potential addition, or even began to work on them, at one point. The reasoning behind them being cut is still yet to be clarified, but now without time constraints I honestly would not be surprised if Sakurai returned to the project, especially considering how open he has been to about wanting to implement as much content as possible. It's a very realistic possibility given everything I've explained.

Just keep an eye out once the release of Rhythm Heaven 3DS rolls around.

Want: 100%

I'd be content with any Rhythm Heaven representative, but these adorable bow-tie wearing singers strike me as the perfect character to convey the series. Aside from my love of the franchise, the concept of a rhythm based fighter sounds insanely creative and fun to play as! It's very disappointing that more people aren't aware of what the Chorus Kids would bring to the table.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Chorus Kids

Chance: 12%

Scrapped early on, dwindled support, yadda yadda..

Not much I can really add here myself other that they're unlikely at this point.

Want: 30%

Not too interested myself but I can see the appeal, they could bring an interesting playstyle.

PREDICTION

Concept: DLC Alternate Costumes

Chance - 80.10%
Want - 100% YES! YES! YES!

NOMINATIONS

Ninten x3
Viridi x2

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Chorus Kids - 3%

A Rhythm Heaven character was planned at some point, we know that much. What we don't know for sure is if it were these three little fellas in specific.

The Gemastu leak claimed they would be in, but I doubt that leak's credibility after Chrom (who Gemastu also claimed would be in) was disconfirmed at the same time Robin and Lucina were confirmed instead, and the Chorus Kids ultimately didn't end up getting in either.

I feel the Gemastu leak did get some legit information, but the info it got later on was either outdated or incorrect for some other reason.

If the Chorus Kids were indeed the Rhythm Heaven characters considered, then they were probably cut for either technical limitations (like that of the Ice Climbers), or they didn't like how they turned out, or ultimately, they just didn't consider them nearly as strongly as many may have once thought, and they never had much of a shot in the first place.

All this considered, the only hope for the Chorus Kids now is if they get a huge amount of support, and even then, they'll still probably have to get through the above issues, and I don't think popularity will be enough to convince Sakurai and the rest of the development team to work any harder on technical difficulties (if this was the reason the Chorus Kids were cut, then I probably would completely rule them out as DLC, as I feel they already worked their hardest to try getting the ICs to work and couldn't succeed. I doubt they could do anything further for the Chorus Kids if they had the same issue as the ICs, which they likely did if they were indeed planned.) or try to rework them, if they simply didn't like how they turned out as fighters.

Want - 65%

I used to support them wholeheartedly, but I lost interest in them pretty quickly after the game came out. Wouldn't have a problem with them getting in now though.

Nominations: Tetra x5

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Chorus Kids

Chances: 5%

I really don't know much about these characters besides the gematsu leak, tbh. I assume they will play like game and watch a bit. Kind of a wacky playstyle if you know what I mean!

I'm not sure what he can do but my want rate for him is very low because I don't know much about the games. I suppose they can play like ice climbers if they are not just using Marshal.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5 per usual. :)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Chorus Kids
Want: 20%
I thought they were a cool concept, and I still kinda do, but without Gematsu anymore and we now entering the realms of DLC, there are others I would much prefer
Chance: 0.1%
3 characters, they couldn't even get Ice Climbers to work.

Nominate concept: Fixing R.O.B.s visual glitch involving his eye x5

How come I don't see my previous nominations of this up in the nomination list? If you can have 'Smash Tour update,'

it is technically dlc, you would have download something to obtain it, and the content would be a patch fix.

Another way to think of the content is giving R.O.B. some expressions in multiplayer

This should be at x15 now and I did my other nominations during the Ice Climbers and Sceptile days.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Chorus Men/Kids
Chance: 14%
This one is kind of difficult. I'm willing to give them the small benefit of the doubt due to possibly being planned to be in the base game. If they were cut for technical limitations they probably don't have a chance, but if they were cut for time constraints I could possibly see them becoming DLC. Their popularity dwindling after their ultimate disconfirmation isn't as big of a factor to me when it comes to their likelines at becoming playable. I actually think the main thing holding them back is the fact that they aren't very iconic (No, being iconic and being popular aren't the same thing). They just aren't that recognizable to the general audience, and I feel that hurts their chances far more than how popular of a choice they are. Although, I hear Rhythm Heaven is a relatively favored franchise in Japan, so maybe that would be enough. I guess we'll see. I'll give the singing trio a score of 14% likelihood.
Technical limitations, lack of popularity, or not being iconic enough...

Want: 10%
I wouldn't say they're very high up on my want list at all, but seeing a new franchise with a playable character represented in Smash is usually welcome. If a Rhythm Heaven character does become playable someday, it won't matter to me who it is.

Prediction - Alt Costumes for Characters: 78.8%

Nominations:
x4 Toon Zelda
x1 Tetra

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just a quick question (nothing official, obviously,) but how would you guys feel if the thread started to rate 2 characters in 1 day?
I'd rather focus on one thing at a time...It's be cool to go through all the options quicker but at the same time focusing on one topic at a time is a bit easier to manage for the mods I would assume...

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Seems fair. Next RH character we get I'll rate higher in chance(unless they're really obscure), but I can't see a fully functional trio being playable due to 8 Player Smash and 3DS limitations personally.
Duck Hunt is a trio that works perfectly in 8 player smash and on 3DS

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids

A good example of what I mean is the trailer for the newest Rh game. See how several games where highlighted? See how the Chorus Kids is NOT one of them? That imo is enough to discount them.
I guess these characters are not the Chorus Kids.

Hell....they are even on the damn title screen. I think thats iconic enough for them in this new game! (Notice how they are huddled together..........much like how id imagine they'd be in smash!

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Wait, this game is back? Yeeesss!!!!! I loved this game back in ssb4 speculation. Now I have a reason to visit smashboards again !!! :)

Anyway,
Chorus Kids:
Chance: 2.5%
Even in the era of gematsu I never thought this would happen. Maybe they were planned at one point, but now it doesn't seem to matter.

Want: 12%
I'm sorry, but I'm just not sold on the idea. 3 characters at once just seems hard to wield.

Nominating 6+ total dlc chartacters x5

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Chorus Kids:
Chance 80%
mumble grumble muh forbidden seven mumble grumble
Want 50%