• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
DLC costumes
Chances: 100%
This is a low budget easy way to milk money out of us of course Nintendo would do it.
Want 100%
It would be cool to see some costumes that weren't in the vanilla game. Some cooler suits for Samus, Ninten Ness, Masked D3, skyward sword designs for the Zelda characters, original Ike design, classic sonic to name a few.
Magalor: 15ish%
Nominations: Dr. Eggman x5 (because that's what we all want :))

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I'm a little late this evening, but nominations are updated. Magolor was still at top regardless, so no harm done.

First off, I want to thrown in my two cents at the idea of rating two characters or concepts in one day. I think things are at their sweetspot with one character, and it encourages more discussion and focus on whatever we are talking about for the given day. We should at least wait until all the major and B-tier suggestions have been rated for the first time at least.

Anyway, rating for DLC Alternate Costumes

Chances - 49% I don't see anything preventing this, and the possibilities are limitless. It may be a tad difficult to create costumes for every single character, and they might be afraid of favoritism towards certain characters, but I don't think anyone minds if every member of the cast doesn't have exactly 8/9/10 costumes and palette swaps. I'm not personally big on any mods, but alternate costumes are a staple of fan mods - so the interest in this should be apparent.

Want - 100% I don't think many people won't want this. As long as priority is stages and characters that is.

Predict - 2.2%

Nominate - Black Mage x5

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chances: 100%
Want: 100%

All for it baby

:4bowser::Meowser/Dark Bowser/Retro NES color
:4falcon::phoenix/Rick Wheeler/Retro SNES
:4charizard::Black Skin/Gold Skin
:4dedede::Masked DDD/Samurai
:4diddy::Hip Hop/Strikers
:4dk::DK Jr./Funky Kong/Strikers
:4falco::Assault/Retro 64
:4fox::James McCloud/Assault/Retro 64
:4ganondorf::Hyrule Warriors/Demise
:4greninja::Shinobi gear
:4myfriends::Ranger/Great Lord
:4jigglypuff::princess Crown/Green Bandana(AKA HungryBox special)
:4kirby::Amazing Mirror color palettes/Shadow Kirby
:4littlemac::Hoodie with Shorts/Retro NES
:4link::Hyrule Warriors/OOT/Retro NES
:4lucario::Karate Gi
:4lucas::Masked Man
:4lucina::Skins based on Sheena/Lyn/Eirika/Mia/Michaiah
:4luigi::Mr. L/Strikers/Retro NES
:4mario::Sunshine Hawaiian shirt with Sunglasses/Cowboy(Mario Party 2)/Retro NES
:4marth::Retro NES/Old Melee/Brawl costume
:4megaman::Bad Box Art color/Without Helmet
:4metaknight::Galatic Knight
:4mewtwo::Movie Armor
:4ness::pJs/Ninten
:4olimar::Brittany/Charlie/Louie
:4palutena::NES Retro
:4pacman::Ms. Pac-Man/Party/Hehaichi hair
:4peach::Sunshine/Shadow Queen/NES retro
:4pikachu::party Hat/Lucas beret/Nate Visor
:4pit::NES retro/Shirtless
:4rob::Colors based on N64/GC/Wii
:4robinm::Grandmaster/Hood Up
:rosalina::Cosmic
:4samus::Skins based off of Hunters/Super Metroid Suit/NES retro
:4sheik::Hyrule Warriors/OOT
:4shulk::Armor gear/Xenoblade X
:4sonic::Riders/Darkspine
:4tlink::pink hair Link/Spirit Tracks
:4villager::Horned Hats/Isabelle & Digby's clothes
:4wario::Explorer Hat/Pirate/old Brawl skins
:4wiifit::New Male/Female skins
:4yoshi::New colors
:4zelda::Hyrule Warriors/OOT/NES retro
:4zss::Justin Bailey/Remastered ZM Zero Suit

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Want: 90%
I wouldn't exactly be upset if we didn't get any, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm against it.
Chance: 50%
I dunno, maybe its that every character already has 8 or that Sakurai seems more focused on other things. This is the same person who gave Bowser a small revamp while leaving Ganondorf identical to Brawl

nominate concept R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

If this isn't being counted, please tell me (preferably with reason), And change this to Classic Battlefield/Final Destination skins (Brawl/Melee/64 Battlefield/Final Destination)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
@ NintenRob NintenRob , I've been counting it, no worries! Once I update again, it will be at x20. I really like that classic BF/FD skins concept though!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
DLC (DownLoadable Costumes)
CHANCE: 50%
WANT: 100%

I think it's a coin flip. Can certainly happen, as they're not particularly intensive, and would be really well received. Though I'm a little pessimistic about it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

As for want, YES. :4falcon: There's a whole world of opportunities here - Dark Bowser, Dry Bowser, NES Golf Luigi, SS Zelda, Ms. Pacman, Brawl Ike, OoT Ganondorf, and what not.

MAGOLOR PREDICTION: 4%
He'll be defeated by Bandana Dee, just like in the game.

IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
-DLC costumes

Chances: 80% Miis got some.

Want: 90% So long as its cheap. Sure! Would love to have some stuff like Vanguard Ike, SNES Captain Falcon, Assault Fox (recolor or the actual costume) Ninten and... Bill Grey? (I would buy that so fast)

Nominations: Zael x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
DLC costumes for non-Mii characters chances: 85%
Yeah it's something I'm fully expecting to happen at some point in the future. Additional costumes for Mii Fighters has already been revealed, so why wouldn't this happen to other characters as well? It's an easy way to grab even more money after all. In all honesty, I don't see any reason for this to not happen or, if I can imagine them, they're generally in a big "if" case. There's tons of fan-service potential in this concept, and they wouldn't even take a lot of development time to work, at least not much more than Mii Fighter costumes, unless they need more voice acting (like with Robin or WFT) which I doubt will be done. Plus, I'm sure those will have as much if not more selling potential than Mii costumes. The only thing I could really see working against it is the fact that amiibos with these costumes would possibly not work on an older, non-updated version of Smash Bros. but this can easily be fixed by just encrypting amiibo data. I won't go higher in chances because maybe it won't happen for whatever reason, like Sakurai's team is not inspired enough for new costumes, there are some unsuspected technical issues, or the idea will not pop up on their mind, but I would be surprised if DLC costumes for non-Mii characters don't happen.

DLC costumes for non-Mii characters want: 45%
I used to be pretty hyped by the idea but after seeing how DLC Mii costumes were handled (I expected them to be bundled with stages and characters similar to Mario Kart... guess I was naive) I'm not sure I want it to happen anymore, because I'm honestly not very interested in paying for purely cosmetic contents in video games. I haven't bought any Mii Fighter hat or outfit as of now, and I doubt I will. That said, I'm more open in paying for costumes for other characters, mostly due to the better fan-service potential (I'd rather see new costumes given to actual characters rather than generic Miis) and the fact I could easily select them directly from the character selection screen.

Magolor prediction: 4.64%
A one-off Kirby villain who's unlikely to become a recurring character. I'm not expecting high scores.

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Check Out My New Threads-- DLC Character Costumes Chances
Chance: 88%

I don't think there's much to say here, except for the fact that people are hyped regarding DLC costumes. Masked Dedede? Louie, Brittany and Charlie from Pikmin? Ms Pac-Man? Mr.L? Shiny Pokemon? Mewtwo's armor from the movie? Striker and Nurse Peach? Return of NES Wario? Reckless WiiMote Silhouette WFT? More G+W colours? Banjo + Kazooie colour Duck Hunt (you know, without the pants so it's coincidental)? There's been a lot of cool suggestions for DLC costumes and it would certainly be an easy extra revenue stream for Nintendo, so they're probably gonna go ahead with it in some form. After all, they already made extra costumes for Mii Fighters, which... Yeah. Having new styles on existing true characters would be a clever move on Nintendo's part. Also assists in the whole for glory styling thing which people do.

Want: 75%
It really depends on the costumes, the characters they're for, and the price. If they hit a sweet spot with me, I will buy rapidly. Otherwise, would just be cool to see new things getting added rather than just straight-up DLC characters of veterans that were cut prior for unknown reasons (insert sodium chloride here).

Magalor Predictions: 16.667%
Fans may laud him, others may loathe him for being obscure. Hard to know where this is going..

5x Professor Layton. (I encourage you all to vote for this English gentleman on the day of the UK General Election. You have to. It's the law. Sorry.)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ NintenRob NintenRob , I've been counting it, no worries! Once I update again, it will be at x20. I really like that classic BF/FD skins concept though!
Ok, thanks for replying, :)

Maybe I'll nominate bf/fd skin concept once :4rob: gets his attention (Unless of coarse other people nominate it first;))

Dlc costumes
30%
I dont know what people see so likely about this. not to mention sakurai thinks a character neeeds to fit multipe criteria or they become a clone like lucina/dp

Want 20% not buying them unless It's an alph level alt. Even then it depends on the character. . .

PS mr l is a paper mario character. Good luck with mr accurate portrayls using a paper character as an alt for regular luigi.

Predictions
4.4%
has magolor even been in more than 1 game?
Meanwhile bandana dee

Noms
2 viridi
2 roy has awakening attire as default
1 viewtiful joe

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I remember there was a Top 10 of chances and want in the OP or RTC, I thought it could be cool it we had them here as well :p

Top 10 of chances

*Seemingly leaked character

Top 10 of want

I'm going to update this every time a character reaches top 10 of chances and/or want. Or quits it after a rerate :smirk:

I'm also curious to know whether we will be rating more than one thing per day at some point in the future. The frontrunner characters and concepts will have been rated rather quickly if you ask me, and nominations will sooner or later start to have the top go ridiculously high (we're almost at 170 currently, soon it will be about 200 it seems).

Edit: pics updated for a better font + fixed a black spot on Banjo-Kazooie

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
DLC costumes (concept)

Chance:95%
This is largely my opinion here, but I'll be shocked if this doesn't happen. Making alternate costumes or full-fledged character alts can't be that big of a burden, and it would give Nintendo lot's of money with minimal effort. Heck, we already got our first batch with the Mii Fighters, so it can't be too much of a stretch to say that they would do the same for the other characters as well.

Want:100%
Daisy as Peach alt...
Dry Bowser alt...
Toon Link islander outfit...
Morgan as Robin alt...
God, there are just too many good ideas to pass up. I honestly think this is my third best reason for DLC hype, beaten only by DLC stages(and music) and the idea of Ray DLC. This just seems too good an oppurtunity for Nintendo to pass up, and I think they could deliver some incredible fan service through this.

But there is one costume I want above all else.
GRANDMASTER FEMALE ROBIN OUTFIT
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!

That is all.

Magalor predictions: 15%
Do the people outside the Kirby fanbase know of Magolor? I only see Waddle Dee as the main Kirby rep of discussion, never has Magolor been brought up.

Nominations:
Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Alt Dlc Costumes
Chance
70%
though shown for Mii Fighters I do hope we do get some for the other fighters. It has been shown that it is possible and its not something really time consuming. I think it is very possible.

Want
80%
the reason I want it is because I do like more costume options for the fighters and I did want the helmet-less Mega Man and a ninten swap for ness if he does not make it as DLC

Nomination:
Ninten x 5

Prediction
Magolor 23.72%
only because people will think he's not that much known :/.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I remember there was a Top 10 of chances and want in the OP or RTC, I thought it could be cool it we had them here as well :p

Top 10 of chances

*Seemingly leaked character

Top 10 of want

I'm going to update this every time a character reaches top 10 of chances and/or want. Or quits it after a rerate :smirk:

I'm also curious to know whether we will be rating more than one thing per day at some point in the future. The frontrunner characters and concepts will have been rated rather quickly if you ask me, and nominations will sooner or later start to have the top go ridiculously high (we're almost at 170 currently, soon it will be about 200 it seems).
Taking over from me, huh? I can send you the font used on the Smash Bros website if you want. :)

I was and still am busy with exams so I wasn't able to make them this time.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I bet if I asked everyone I know tomorrow if they were familiar with the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven, they would have no idea who and what I'm talking about. I realize that they're some of the most well known characters in their franchise, but the franchise itself isn't that big outside of Japan. I'll even admit that I didn't know who they were before the Gematsu Leak. What I meant by iconic is a character that most people will generally recognize upon seeing them. Mewtwo has it, Lucas and Roy have it due to being Smash veterans, and Ryu has it. Chorus Kids haven't reached that iconic level yet.
They are the stars of the series....just as Shulk is the star of Xenoblade. Many people didnt know who Shulk was before Smash, and now Shulk is a big meme, and many people are reallie feeling it. Same goes for characters like Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch, Marth....etc. Smash makes these Nintendo series more mainstream.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
DLC Alternate Costumes:

Chance: 90%

Come on, it's bound to happen given all the content we got so far, and there being plans of including more DLC in the future.

ALL OF MY WANTS!

Prediction:

Magolor: 15%

Nomination:

5x Custom Robo

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DLC costumes:

Chance: 100%

Future will repeat itself. It has happened before, so I'm quite sure we will see more if it in the future. Am quite certain that this type of DLC will be the most common even.

Want: 0% if it's only for Miis, 100% if it's for all characters and we're getting awesome cool stuff. So a collective 50% I guess.

Laniv

Smash Lord
DLC Costumes:

Chance: 95%
Nothing really stopping the team from doing so.

Dark Bowser color swap pls

MainJPW

M.T.A
DLC Alternate Costumes

Chance: 90%

It absolutely can happen. Think about it, since the main game is complete that means they have more time to work on stuff like this and I'm sure making more costumes for characters wouldn't take up a whole lot of time and effort.

Think of the costumes they could add..

Magolor: 21%

Nominations
Ninten x4
Viridi x1

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
They are the stars of the series....just as Shulk is the star of Xenoblade. Many people didnt know who Shulk was before Smash, and now Shulk is a big meme, and many people are reallie feeling it. Same goes for characters like Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch, Marth....etc. Smash makes these Nintendo series more mainstream.
Again, I'm totally aware of this. I'm taking DLC into account though. Nintendo may decide to only go with characters who are recognizable to the general audience. I'm sure the last thing the developers want is for people to not know who Nintendo is trying to sell to them (unless of course it's for advertisement purposes). People will be more inclined to buy if they're aware of what character they're looking at. Adding a relatively unknown character into the base game is fine because people are going to buy the whole package anyway. DLC is another story. All of the characters we've gotten so far are characters people recognize, mostly due to them being veterans but still. I feel it's a trend that's going to continue with possibly one, maybe two exceptions.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Separating concepts from characters beginning today.

Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids:
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%

DLC Alternate Costumes chance: 65%

I could definitely see it happening. We've already gotten Mii Fighter costumes, these would sell well, and wouldn't take as much time to make as other stuff.

Want: 50%

I'd buy them if they're interesting enough, but they're not a priority for me.

Magolor prediction: 7.68%

Bandana Dee hurts him.

Nomination: Ryu x5

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So Inklings are confirmed to be DLC costumes for Smash...meaning todays rating is essentially 100%......and it looks like Inklings won't be DLC characters anytime soon.

D

Deleted member

So Inklings are confirmed to be DLC costumes for Smash...meaning todays rating is essentially 100%......and it looks like Inklings won't be DLC characters anytime soon.

I don't think the costumes affect today's rating as they are for Mii Fighters, not characters like Samus and whatnot.

As for the Inkling's chances, I can say that it has decreased a bit from what it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To compare with my other ratings. I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will milk the DLC hype train for as much cash as they can, and recent events have only strengthened that notion. As such, I expect plenty of DLC characters.

:roypm: Chance: 100%

:wolf: Chance: 99%

King K. Rool Chance 80%
Want: 75%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 70%
Want: 95%

NPC DLC Character Chance: 65%

Isaac Chance: 65%
Want: 85%

Captain Toad Chance: 58%
Want: 90%

Paper Mario Chance: 55%
Want: 0%

:popo: Chance: 50%
Want: 80%

Inkling Chance: 50%
Want: 20%

Rayman Chance: 40%

:snake: Chance: 40%
Want: 60%

Dixie Chances: 39%
Want: 49%

Sceptile: 25%

Impa Chance: 25%
Want: 60%

Banjo Chance: 20%

Krystal Chance: 15%
Want: 0%

Quote Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

Chorus Kids Chance: 10%
Want: 40%

Ridley Chance: 5%

Shantae Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

Shovel Knight Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

Henry Fleming Chance: 1%
Want: 5%

DLC Alts Chance: 95%

I can't think of a reason they wouldn't do this. Along with Mii Fighter costumes, it's the easiest way to make lots of content and make alot of money off of said content. We already know they have the capability to do this, and based on how previous Nintendo games have done this as well, (Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart) I'll be shocked if DLC alts don't happen.

Who doesn't?

Magolor Predictions: 4%

Noms: Pichu x5

all of the DLC costumes we've been getting had only been from Miis so far (Even in Mario Kart 8 it's only been from Miis so far.)
Mario Kart added both Shy Guy and Yoshi palette swaps :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It wan't about Mii characters. Otherwise it would be confirmed and we wouldn't be rating it.

Inklings could do with a re-rate soon though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Both Link and Megaman have Mii Fighters costumes so it wouldn't diminish their chances, though it seems like Sakurai isn't planning on an Inkling fighter at this current time from the looks of it, but in the future it may be a possibility still...depending on how they do in the ballot of course...
Either way this does seem to reinforce the chances for today's topic at least...

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the costumes affect today's rating as they are for Mii Fighters, not characters like Samus and whatnot.

As for the Inkling's chances, I can say that it has decreased a bit from what it looks like.
Yeah, the Mii costumes are a reallity, and there will be more. for the characters...I hope, but I'm not willing to pay a lot for them...

Oh Inklings... what are they doing?! Why?... =( I want to play as them in smash, but not like this :shaker:

My Ratings

Downloadable costumes
Chances: 100% for mii, 10% for you characters
Want: 100% we all want them, we have great ideas and all that stuff... but will they deliver?

Mogolor
Predictions: 10% I preffer Bandana Dee for a Kirby Rep...

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5:bubblebobble:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
DLC Costumes

Chance: If we count Mii costumes then 100%....if we exclude Miis 15%
Want 90%

Dry Bowser, Cat Mario, Proper Claus/Masked Man, Britney, Louie, Charlie, Skyward Sword Zelda, proper protoman, Shiny Pokemon........Daisy.........so many possibilities, that could happen, although not sure if they will happen for normal fighters.

Nominate: Prancing Guy from Clock Town in Majoras Mask x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
DLC Alt Costumes Chances: 100%

Mii alternate costumes are already available for purchase. I can't say they will bring anything to other characters, but Mii are playable characters so this counts.

DLC Alt Costumes Want: 100%

I have already purchased the Link, Megaman X, Dunban and Protoman costumes. If they bring more interesting outfits to the Miis, I will consider getting them too.

-----

Mogolor's Chances: 10%

-----

Nominate:
Dr. Eggman x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
DLC costumes

Chance - 10% - It comes down to Sakurai's design philosophy, I think. He considers the game complete, and DLC should be counted as prime-time bonus content. Miis already have some, but I doubt others will get anything. I expect filling out the colors for characters that have alts, but that's a long shot in my opinion. Still more likely than allot of stuff, though.

Want - 50% - As a person who almost elusively plays vanilla coloring, and not even using the already existing alternate costumes, I have no interest in this one way or another.

Magolor Prediction - 6.25% - Bandanna Dee or bust, as the people say.

Nominations

New Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
This is strictly for the non-Mii characters.
If that's the case, I will re-evaluate the chances.

Non-Mii DLC Costume Chances: 50%

It'd be a cheap and easy way to make money and could work for clone characters.

Non-Mii DLC Costume Want: 10%

Eh, I'm really not interested in alt costumes for the normal characters. The whole thing about Miis is customization, so for them, I like the idea of extra costumes, but I'd rather pass on things like Dry Bowser or Daisy.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 25 : DLC Alternate Costume
Chance :
75%
I don't see why it couldn't be a thing. It could help to gain more with these, it would boost like crazy. But there's also this chance where they won't do it.

Want :
80%
If they do a Mr.L alternate costume for Luigi. I would be happy ! (Mr.L is my second favorite Mario RPG character :D)
And omfg yes if they could put Pamyu's costume (as I would call it) or Boshi for Yoshi, it would be amazing too !

Prediction :

Mogolor : 2%

Nominations : Geno (Super Mario RPG) x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
DLC Costumes
Chance: 85%
They made them for Miis, I don't see why I couldn't see more for actual characters. I'm sure the demand is there, people will buy just any thing for this game.

It depends. If we just get more colors, I'll pass, but if we get full on alternates like Alpha and the Koopalings, or actual canon costumes from the character's game of origin, like Fierce Deity Link, count me in. I'd love to see some detailed alternates in the vein of those in Project M. I generally don't care for the mod, but I can't deny the alts in that game are amazing and Sakurai could learn a thing or two.

Magalor Prediction: 1.67%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
People are rating DLC palette swaps as part of this concept, right? Those seem like they would be extremely easy to do (and almost should be offered for free, or as bonus content in a larger pack).
Both Link and Megaman have Mii Fighters costumes so it wouldn't diminish their chances, though it seems like Sakurai isn't planning on an Inkling fighter at this current time from the looks of it, but in the future it may be a possibility still...depending on how they do in the ballot of course...
Either way this does seem to reinforce the chances for today's topic at least...
The Link costume doesn't look anywhere near that similar to actual Link. The Mega Man costume is based on X, not (classic) Mega Man.

Without giving my full reasoning, I think it hurts the Inklings' chances but doesn't rule them out either.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People are rating DLC palette swaps as part of this concept, right? Those seem like they would be extremely easy to do (and almost should be offered for free, or as bonus content in a larger pack).
The Link costume doesn't look anywhere near that similar to actual Link. The Mega Man costume is based on X, not (classic) Mega Man.

Without giving my full reasoning, I think it hurts the Inklings' chances but doesn't rule them out either.
As I said the costumes could mean that the Inklings aren't being worked on as characters for the time being, meaning it is likely they weren't one of the initial six pre-planned DLC characters (we won't really know for sure until E3, I think)...that said depending on their performance in the ballots they could still be implemented in the future...if we were to re-rate them I wouldn't drop my ratings by more than 10-15% at most since they still have a lot of support...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Concept: DLC Alternate Costumes (For no Mii-Characters)

Chance: 25%

Well I don't see this has a particular good chance... Anyway, it's posible, but I think is something that Sakurai don't want.

I'm okay with this, but I prefer to see new Stages above customs.

Predictions:

Magolor Chance: 10%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

Top Bottom