• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Mini Kangaroo

Chance: 0%
Her chances are rock bottom for Smash 4. But that's actually a good thing. Mini Kangaroo is pretty much the ultimate retro rep so adding her as a ballot DLC character wouldn't do her justice. MK is better suited as either a retro for Smash 5 or save her as the retro rep to end all of them.

Want 100%
<3

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Jirachi

Want: 0%

Offline Tourney

Want: 5%
It should've always been there. At least the standard bracket version could of been offline.

Chance: 10%

Nominate: NiGHTS x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Keeping it short since I only have my phone to use internet today:

Jirachi chances: 0.14%
Jirachi want: 0%

Offline tourney: double abstain

Rate Their Chances' favorite private joke prediction: an overall flat zero
None of the top 3 wanted newcomers prediction: 9.23%

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x5

Jirachi
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Offline Tourney
Chance: Abstain
Want: 20%

Brash the Bear: 0%
No K. Rool, Isaac and Dee: 10%

Nominations: Kamek 5x

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Guys, please stop taking these ratings as personal attacks. Even if you really like a character or really don't like a character, people are not bashing you because of it. Rest assured there are lots of other people who agree with you (an with the other person). But please also stop reducing arguments to strawmen; most of the arguments on the for side did not address the anti concerns, and vice versa. Please read what other people say and respond accordingly. If someone else pisses you off, just go to a different site for a few minutes to calm down before you post here.

Remember, none of us work for Nintendo, this is a game, and we're wrong more often than we're right.

Ok, on to business...

Jirachi
Chance 0%
Want 0%
Pokemon is one thing that'll really make you feel old. I used to be able to rattle them all off in order when there were only 150 (and the one secret one), now half the time I don't recognize one of the brand new ones. Jirachi is the Mew of Gen 3, and - like most of the Gen 3 mons - was pretty well overshadowed by the hiccup in the series. There are few Gen 3 mons that don't elicit either an "OMG so cool!" or "Who?". Sadly, Jirachi's more on the "Who?" side. In a series with 700+ characters, and 3 cut vets, you really need to stand out in order to get footing. Jirachi doesn't.
Offline Tourneys
Chance 5%
Want 80%
I used the offline tourneys frequently in the previous games of the series. I also never play online. I was a bit bummed about not having them but it really doesn't affect me too much. After all, mostly it was all CPU and me playing so not much happened.
But it would be really nice if the game could also save more than 8 amiibo simultaneously. They gave us these figures, told us to collect them all, and now we can only use 8 at a time? I can't be the only one who wants to train them all, and then put them in a tourney against each other...
None of the top 3 prediction: who knows...22.5%
Brash prediction: 0.9%

Nom: I don't really like 3rd parties on principle, but I'm interested to see want scores for the Countess Valentine x5

As for the re-rating of Snake, I made sure to check the nominations count on page one. He currently is in twentieth place with one-hundred and twenty nominations. My reason for my nominations still stands. Perhaps it will be of a 'third-time-is-the-charm' situation.
The nomination list on the second post is outdated; the real one is a bit lower on the page at post 31. Snake was rerated last five days ago, so he is currently on the cool-down list and can't be nominated for a few days.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Jirachi
Chance 0%
Just another Pokémon.
Want 10%
Meh

Offline tourney
Chance 30%
The mode is already there, but for some illogical reason, you can only play online.
Want 100%
Imagine it, tourneys featuring amiibo, or a 64 character tourney featuring all different characters.
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario2::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:

The ultimate tournament, before its too late.

Predictions
Brash 0.07%
No Bandana K Isaac 5%

Nominate rob eye fix x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Just something I want to clarify before tomorrow: this concept is not just for K. Rool and Isaac and Dee, but for anyone in the current top 3. In other words, if one of these three quits the top 3 of want then is confirmed, this concept isn't counted as deconfirmed, but if another character takes someone else's place in the top 3 before being confirmed, then the concept counts as deconfirmed.

Reminder that this is only about newcomers, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Jirachi
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For chance, it's one Pokemon out of many. It has little to not ballot support.
For want, I like Jirachi, but not enough for it to be a fighter.

Offline Tourney Mode
Chance:
10%

I can see this happening if there is enough demand for it and it is a staple to the Smash franchise at this point.
Want: 100%
I personally wouldn't use it too much, but I like the fact that it's there and I had fond memories as a child.

Brash Prediction: 0.49%
The unspoken Dark Lord of RTC.
No K. Rool, Bandana Dee, or Isaac / No Top 3 Prediction: 52.19%
*shrugs* We are getting all sorts of controversial topics, aren't we?

Nominations: Heihachi 5x

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Offline tournament mode:
Chance:Abstain

Want:25%

--------------------------
Jirachi:

Chance and Want:
Just a random Pokemon out of many. I have 5 Pokemon that i would prefer over this thing.
--------------------------
Predictions:

Brash The Friggin Bear: 0.60%
Still higher than Descole.

Not Top 3 Prediction: 49.98%
This is getting bad...........
---------------------------
Noms:
Paper Mario X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Who is keeping note of the nominations, by the way? If PK_Wonder has stepped down, it would be better to let whoever is noting the nominations take control of that post instead. It's nearly two months since it was last updated.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Who is keeping note of the nominations, by the way? If PK_Wonder has stepped down, it would be better to let whoever is noting the nominations take control of that post instead. It's nearly two months since it was last updated.
Thanks!

General note to all: the nom list on the 2nd post is now up to date, so you don't need to scroll down the page to find it.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Jirachi:

Chance: 1%
Poke Ba--oh wait... no, it's not.

Want: 3%
I'd prefer Smeargle. And Gengar, and a lot of other Pokemon

Offline Tourney Mode:

Predictions for Brash the Bear: 4% Chance, 12% Want
Predictions for no K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, or Isaac: 36% Chance, 17% Want

Nominate Reyn x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
Jirachi:

Chance: 5%

Sometimes I forget that he exist xD. Otherwise between the legendary Pokémon is unpopular... But still a Legendary... So I will give it the usual chance that I give to any popular Pokémon.

Want: 50%

Jirachi looks cute, and could have a interesting moveset... Who knows.... I'm neutral with him

Offline Tournament Mode

Predictions:

Brash the FRIGGIN Bear: 0.4%
None of the Top 3 Wanted: 16.3%

Nominations:

Fire Emblem DLC Stage x3
Ballot Runner-up for Smash 5 x1
Rerate! Shovel Knight x1

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Jirachi
Chance: 0.6%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the generation 3 Wish Pokemon a small score of 0.6%.
Next Pokemon...

Want: 0.2%
Abstain from explanation.

Offline Tourney Mode
Chance: 21.3%
It's a concept I can see happening, but I don't think it's very likely. If Sakurai intended on putting this mode into the game, he probably would have already done so. It's probably an easy mode to make, so if Sakurai sees enough demand I could see him adding it in the future. I doubt it though. I'll give the concept of an offline Tourney Mode a modest 21.3%.
Easy enough to add, but does Sakurai feel like it's worth it at this point...

Want: 70%
I used to really want this mode a lot, but now that some of my friends are moved away I don't have that much of a use for it at this point in time. Still would be nice to have though.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Jirachi

Want: 1%

Offline tourney

Predictions: Brash 1:troll::troll:% (0.6%)

Predictions: No Krool, Isaac or Bandanna Dee 10%

Nominations: Olaf X5.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Jirachi's chances: 0.5%

Another random newcomer 'mon with no chance.

I'm not interested.

Offline Tourney: ABSTAIN

Brash prediction: 0.83%
No Top three prediction: 39.28%

Nominations: Muddy Mole x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Jirachi

Offline Tourney mode

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Jirachi
Chance 0%

Offline tourney
Chance 30%
Want 100%

Predictions
Brash 0.07%
No Isaac Dee Rool 12%

Nominate Fiora x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
JIRACHI
CHANCE: 0.84%
WANT: 14.01%

OFFLINE TOURNEY MODE
CHANCE: 26.08%
WANT: 61.43%
Next up we're rating Brash the Bear for some reason. We're also rating the concept of none of our top three wanted newcomers making it in. Also please predict what score Captain Syrup of the Wario Land series and the concept of the Pokemon Stadium stage will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Brash the FRIGGIN Bear:

Chance and Want: Double Zeros (Oh goddess, this is delicious)

None of top three wanted newcomers become playable:

I don't have enought time. I will just abstain this Rate.

Want: 30%

In other side... Bandaba Dee is one of the characters that could like to see.. But I don't think that would be special upset for his exclusion... This Want would be higher if this actually benefics Micaiah's chances (something that I don't really sure)

Predictions:

Captain Syrup: 1.9%

Pokémon Stadium Stage: 12%

Nominations

Fire Emblem Stage DLC x3
Ballot Runner-up x1
Rerate! Shovel Knight x1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Brash the Friggin' Bear

This bear has absolutely no chance at all. Heck, I think we have a better chance of getting Crash, Spyro, Owain, Sora, the Ice Climbers, and a Konami character than Brash, though not by a huge margin.

Of course I don't want him!

None of the Top Three Become Playable

Abstain

Predictions:

Captain Syrup - 2%

Pokemon Stadium Stage - 2%

Nomination: Bubsy x5

Yes, we're going even further down the barrel.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Brash the Bear

None of Top 3 Most Wanted become playable

Chance: 30%

I can see Sakurai just go :troll: while bathing in the glorious salt and the sea of tears.

Predictions

Capt. Syrup: 3%

Pokemon Stadium stage concept: 2%

Nomination

Super Mario Maker Stage x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Brash the %(*) freakin' )*$% ) Honey suckle &%%@* Bear

Chance - 0% - ...Argh. Can we avoid joke nominations like this, please? We're running out time for the ballot!

Want - 0% - I swear, I'm gonna have to nominate Scrooge McDuck again if this is what we've come to. Come up with a useful nomination, or none at all.

No Top Three

Chance - 3.5% - While I can see it as a possibility, it would take too many large coincidences to even consider happening. One chance is that there are a large number of unvoiced characters who are supported more than is expected. While it's possible, it's hardly likely in my eyes. I'd think at least the majority of people who vote on the ballot are vocal in general. Then there is a chance that the top three would be passed over due to not working as an interesting and/or playable character. But popular characters typically have at least something that caused them to be popular. Honestly, it would be pretty darn surprising, but there are scenarios when I can see it happening.

Want - 0.05% - Honestly, unless it's a character I'm really gunning for, it's not worth it. K. Rool and Issac are okay in my book, and B. Dee is one of my most wanted. That, and I honestly would feel bad for the lost characters.

Predictions

Capt. Syrup - 2.34% - Wario Land needs more first.

Pokemon Stadium - 10.24% - The original stadium stood by with it's squeal in the previous game, so why not again? Licensing and popularity, probably.

Nominations

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Brash
Double 0

None of the Top 3 most wanted
Chance 13%
Sakurai is unpredictable, but so far every smash has included the overall most wanted I believe, although this is dlc I can still see at least one getting in
Want 0%

Bandana Dee for Smash! More Kirby = better! Spears! Awesome Dee!

Predictions
Syrup 3.2%
Pokemon Stadium 8%

Nominate rob eye fix x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ladies and gentleman, Brash the ****ing Bear!

Want: 60%

Yes, he is one of those characters who are doomed to never happen due to his lack of popularity and minor role in the series. His "notability" for now is nothing more than a running gag that satirizes the idea of unexpected characters or "shoo-ins" in this community.

But that being said, I would welcome this damn bear with open arms since I liked him before he was "mainstream" here. We need a true jock that exercises and Wii Fit Trainer doesn't cut it due to her politeness. At least he would be a secondary option in case Nintendo wouldn't want to use the rights of Banjo Kazooie for Smash. All hail the Rarebare!

No Top 3 for you! King Bandanna Isaac is Cut!

Chance:
30%

It can happen one way or another since we don't know how much DLC we will get out of the ballot. Bandanna Dee is up in the air while Isaac is still going strong, making K. Rool one of the most difficult to judge because of that there Mii Fighter outfit. Still, some less requested characters would be nice in the long run.

Predictions

Capt. Syrup: 3%

Pokemon Stadium stage concept: 2%

Nomination: Fiora x15 Makes sense just to get all possible Xenoblade reps out the way.

@BKupa666, you're up!

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Brash the Bear

No King K. Rool, Isaac, or Bandanna Dee:

Chance: 80%

Its honestly more likely than not.

I honestly wouldn't care if any of these guys didn't make it. I suppose I would want Bandana Dee or Isaac. It wouldn't effect me either way though.

Predictions

Capt. Syrup: 5%

Pokemon Stadium stage concept: Abstain

Nomination

NiGHTS x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Brash The Figgin Bear

Double Friggin Abstain!

----

None of the Top Three

Chance: 1%
Keep in mind the characters added to Smash based on their demand. Brawl=Sonic most demanded, Smash 4=Megaman most demanded. Both of which are third party! The top 3 most wanted Newcomers; appears to be K Rool, Isaac and Bandana Dee...All three of them are owned by Nintendo in addition having a large demand for all three...By neglecting all of these characters Sakurai will leave A LOT of fans upset...and I mean A LOT. K Rool is arguably the most requested character. Period. Isaac isn't too far behind with a sizable support and Bandana Dee having pretty much the entire following of the Kirby fanbase and then some.

At the end of the day, it is still Sakurai's decision, but he's not stupid! All three characters have potential to be unique characters in addition to them being very popular both of which I'm sure Sakurai's looking for when it comes to DLC...

----

TBH I don't really care for either of the Top three. I guess you could say I want them more than I don't, but at the same time that leaves more room for diversity as well...(and improves Impa's chances :p)

----

Nominations:
Yoshimitsu x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@LIQUID12A and@Azure Warrior get ten extra nominations each for placing in a three way tie for both predictions. @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma was in the Jirachi tie and @ CometX-ing CometX-ing was in the Offline Tourney one, so they get five each.

Brash the friggin' no: DOUBLE ZEROES

And the rest I'll do tomorrow. Scratch that, I'll do it now for once.

None of the top 3 chances: 30%

I think it's a serious possibility, but I still think it's more likely than not that we'll get at least one of them.

I'd honestly prefer many characters over Bandana Dee, but the other two are among my most wanted.

Captain Syrup prediction: 2.91%
Pokémon Stadium prediction: 5.27%

Nominations: Muddy Mole x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So is today's concept about K. Rool, Isaac, and Bandana Dee specifically? Is it about the top three voted characters on the Smash Ballot in general? Is it about the top three most wanted newcomers/veterans on the front page of the RTC thread?

Clarification please?

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Brash the Bear

No King K. Rool, Isaac, or Bandanna Dee:

Chance: 80%

Its honestly more likely than not.

I honestly wouldn't care if any of these guys didn't make it. I suppose I would want Bandana Dee or Isaac. It wouldn't effect me either way though.

Predictions

Capt. Syrup: 5%

Pokemon Stadium stage concept: Abstain

Nomination

NiGHTS x5
Extra 5 nominations to NiGHTS.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Brash the Bear
Want: Abstain

Virtually unknown and there are better DKC/Rare reps out there. If he somehow made it in he might be sort of interesting but I'm not really sure.

No top 3
Chance: 60%

With their popularity I think at least one of these fighters may make it in. I'd love to see Isaac and K. Rool though I wouldn't mind if Bandana Dee made it or not (nothing against him it's just that I'm not into the Kirby series).

Captain Syrup: 8.68%
Pokemon Stadium Stage concept: 4.01%

Nomination: Patricia Wagon (x5)

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
So is today's concept about K. Rool, Isaac, and Bandana Dee specifically? Is it about the top three voted characters on the Smash Ballot in general? Is it about the top three most wanted newcomers/veterans on the front page of the RTC thread?

Clarification please?
It's about this thread's 3 most popular, though it does not specifically have to be K. Rool, Isaac or Dee if they are latter replaced. This does not count returning veterans.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Brash the ******* Bear

Chance: 1:troll::troll:%
He's more popular than MARIO!

REAL Chance: 0%
Seriously, he's not getting in.

Want: 1:troll::troll:%
HE'S A--- :bomb: oh *BOOM* That takes care of that faker,

REAL Want: 1%
Yeah I'd rather have Bashmaster the Polar bear from Tropical Freeze.

No Krool, Isaac, or Bandanna Dee

At least 1 should get in.

Of the trio I only want Krool.

Predictions: Cpt. Syrup 5%

Predictions: Pokemon Stadium Stage 10%

Nominations: Olaf X5.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
@ Scamper52596 Scamper52596
Just something I want to clarify before tomorrow: this concept is not just for K. Rool and Isaac and Dee, but for anyone in the current top 3. In other words, if one of these three quits the top 3 of want then is confirmed, this concept isn't counted as deconfirmed, but if another character takes someone else's place in the top 3 before being confirmed, then the concept counts as deconfirmed.

Reminder that this is only about newcomers, too.

Top Bottom