• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This is LITERALLY the only reason krystal is given a low score around here, it sickens me that whenever she's mentioned there HAS to be a group of hate that follows and makes sure she is hated, and constantly tries to get others to join in. Logo and some others look really stupid to me, pulling out "numbers" out of nowhere.

Anyway.

Krystal

Chance: 60% Look, i'm not saying she's the most likely character out there, but you cant deny the uniqueness, the popularity ESPECIALLY, in Japan. (which has alot of weight), giving SF a breath of fresh air. Look i'm not a wolf hater, he can easily get in too, but to say he's 100% unique is idiotic, (which i've seen from some people). Given the statement from sakurai, yes its old but IT STILL has merit. She will NOT be a clone.

So what do her cons round up to then?
Irrelevant: King K Rool and Isaac say hi.

SHE RUINED TEH STAIRFOX SERIS!!!23: Oh? and writers or the creator get no blame? I suppose sticker star was bad because of Kersti. Have you guys ever realized them um... maybe its the developers? Krystal is just a character, and can be molded and shaped into any way the developers want, there is literally no proof of her "ruining" anything. (in fact, i'd say rare's involvement might have saved starfox from a lonnng hiatus)

Rule 34: Anyone who brings this up should be laughed out of the forum.

There is literally no cons against her other than, She's a western made character sakurai will never make those playable, diddy was a rare honor and should be thankful that it was acknowledged by glorious Nippon. This may prove to be the problem that decides her fate. (same with King K.)

It makes me sad time and again to see the unwarranted hate for something that doesn't even exist, this is what makes the smash community toxic. We are treated as second-class supporters because of this, all of you who hate the character without a valid reason (and there is none), I weep for your irl attitudes. But again no one cares because furbait! It can't be because they grew up with the gamecube, it can't possibly be that!

Sigh.

Want: 100%

Mini Kangaroo:
Chance: I do not know who this is so i am abstaining, I am not just gonna give 0's or a low score because I dont know the character much, like some have been doing.

noms: idk x5 brash the bear.
I think it has more to do with Wolf being ahead of her in votes everywhere, and he's a vet that's easy to make.

I don't see how King K and Isaac are saying hi either. They aren't in the game... but in terms of their series one is the most occurring villain, the other the main character.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
This is LITERALLY the only reason krystal is given a low score around here, it sickens me that whenever she's mentioned there HAS to be a group of hate that follows and makes sure she is hated, and constantly tries to get others to join in. Logo and some others look really stupid to me, pulling out "numbers" out of nowhere.

Anyway.

Krystal

Chance: 60% Look, i'm not saying she's the most likely character out there, but you cant deny the uniqueness, the popularity ESPECIALLY, in Japan. (which has alot of weight), giving SF a breath of fresh air. Look i'm not a wolf hater, he can easily get in too, but to say he's 100% unique is idiotic, (which i've seen from some people). Given the statement from sakurai, yes its old but IT STILL has merit. She will NOT be a clone.

So what do her cons round up to then?
Irrelevant: King K Rool and Isaac say hi.

SHE RUINED TEH STAIRFOX SERIS!!!23: Oh? and writers or the creator get no blame? I suppose sticker star was bad because of Kersti. Have you guys ever realized them um... maybe its the developers? Krystal is just a character, and can be molded and shaped into any way the developers want, there is literally no proof of her "ruining" anything. (in fact, i'd say rare's involvement might have saved starfox from a lonnng hiatus)

Rule 34: Anyone who brings this up should be laughed out of the forum.

There is literally no cons against her other than, She's a western made character sakurai will never make those playable, diddy was a rare honor and should be thankful that it was acknowledged by glorious Nippon. This may prove to be the problem that decides her fate. (same with King K.)

It makes me sad time and again to see the unwarranted hate for something that doesn't even exist, this is what makes the smash community toxic. We are treated as second-class supporters because of this, all of you who hate the character without a valid reason (and there is none), I weep for your irl attitudes. But again no one cares because furbait! It can't be because they grew up with the gamecube, it can't possibly be that!

Sigh.

This was the most beautiful thing I ever read.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
I think it has more to do with Wolf being ahead of her in votes everywhere, and he's a vet that's easy to make.

I don't see how King K and Isaac are saying hi either. They aren't in the game... but in terms of their series one is the most occurring villain, the other the main character.
For the hate? I dont understand that, there are no "slots" to be taken, sakurai will chose what he wants after all. When I meant numbers though, I meant her chances of not being in. Everyone and their grandma knows wolf is highly requested, it doesn't need a smash poll to figure that out.

King K was acknowledged enough to be a costume, the other has strong support. I just find it hypocritical to throw the irrelevancy word around just because it isn't the character you like. (also she was supposed to be a main character but the devs turned her into that, it is what it is *shrug*)

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , I have been 'lurking' here for quite enough time, and so I feel it is time to make an account and join in. So, we are rating Krystal today, eh? Lovely. Krystal is a pretty cool character, so I would love to see her in Super Smash.

I will give her chance rating a good fifty percent. I feel that if Wolf is not in by now, it can really go either way. I would give Wolf the same treatment. As for her want rating, I will give her a solid one-hundred percent. She would be different from any other fighter on the roster. This is what the series needs, correct?

As for this Mini Kangaroo, I will have to give him/her a flat zero on both chance and my personal want.

Now for my predictions on Jirachi and Offline Tournament Mode. I can predict that Jirachi will be rated a fair two percent, whereas Offline Tournament Mode can possibly get a fifteen percent rating.

Finally, I would love to give all five of my daily nominations to the re-rating of Snake from Metal Gear. I feel that he deserves to be back on that Top 10 Most Wanted chart. Hopefully we can get Krystal on there as well!

Troykv

Smash Master
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , I have been 'lurking' here for quite enough time, and so I feel it is time to make an account and join in. So, we are rating Krystal today, eh? Lovely. Krystal is a pretty cool character, so I would love to see her in Super Smash.

I will give her chance rating a good fifty percent. I feel that if Wolf is not in by now, it can really go either way. I would give Wolf the same treatment. As for her want rating, I will give her a solid one-hundred percent. She would be different from any other fighter on the roster. This is what the series needs, correct?

As for this Mini Kangaroo, I will have to give him/her a flat zero on both chance and my personal want.

Now for my predictions on Jirachi and Offline Tournament Mode. I can predict that Jirachi will be rated a fair two percent, whereas Offline Tournament Mode can possibly get a fifteen percent rating.

Finally, I would love to give all five of my daily nominations to the re-rating of Snake from Metal Gear. I feel that he deserves to be back on that Top 10 Most Wanted chart. Hopefully we can get Krystal on there as well!
Eh... Maybe could be easier to Colder_than_ice see your Rates if you put it more "emphasis" like Bold Text.

Also... We already rerate Snake like... two times xD

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
Eh... Maybe could be easier to Colder_than_ice see your Rates if you put it more "emphasis" like Bold Text.

Also... We already rerate Snake like... two times xD
Ah, apologies. I see that most people use only numbers to represent their ratings, so I guess I will do the same. For Krystal:
Chance is 50%
Want is 100%

As for this Mini Kangaroo
Chance is 0%
Want is 0%

As for the re-rating of Snake, I made sure to check the nominations count on page one. He currently is in twentieth place with one-hundred and twenty nominations. My reason for my nominations still stands. Perhaps it will be of a 'third-time-is-the-charm' situation.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
What's with these ratings of Krystal being likely as K Rool

Like lmao
Oh dont worry i get you want the ratings to go down and you'll soon get it.

Are you that desperate to her go down? that is just sad dude.

Eh i wanted more people to rate, but now we'll just get "inflated". its fine, it'll always be something. But of course sb is only a small part of the community. (also given the fact that this place wasn't as bustling as its first pages)

Apologies to anyone if i came out hostile, which was not my intention i was merely defending what i let slide last rating.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I told everyone to keep it civil. I'm ending the day an hour early

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
What's with these ratings of Krystal being likely as K Rool

Like lmao
She ain't breaking 50%. I can guess that based on what I've seen. She'll probably make the Top 10, though...which is where a lot of us think she actually is.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Krystal
Chance: 10%
Want: 0%

Mini Kangaroo
Double zeroes

Jirachi Prediction: 2.5%
Offline tournament prediction: 20%

Nominations:
Omanyte x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
She ain't breaking 50%. I can guess that based on what I've seen. She'll probably make the Top 10, though...which is where a lot of us think she actually is.
By us off you mean you Krystal fans, then sure it is. Like seriously ~12 of you voted 35%-60% along with a 100% rating, and you can already pretty much see what's wrong.

Oh dont worry i get you want the ratings to go down and you'll soon get it.

Are you that desperate to her go down? that is just sad dude.

Eh i wanted more people to rate, but now we'll just get "inflated". its fine, it'll always be something. But of course sb is only a small part of the community. (also given the fact that this place wasn't as bustling as its first pages)

Apologies to anyone if i came out hostile, which was not my intention i was merely defending what i let slide last rating.
I just...
The argument these days, man. This thread don't look like a RTC anymore. It's just a rate-what-you-want-the-chance-to-be thread now, at least when it's about characters.
You spend some time on making your argument, responding to various points, yet most people can get a pass by saying "popularity" or "insert hypothetical situation" followed by a high chance and 100% want. And what's worse, this thread isn't as active anymore. So when it's time to rate a certain character, the thread can basically call out everyone and dominate the game with above-average score and a 100% want, while the people who do regularly attend this game already is decreasing as debates hat up.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
welp

leaving this here anyway

Krystal's chances: 30%
Want: 5%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KRYSTAL
CHANCE: 29.17%
WANT: 52.54%

MINI KANGAROO
CHANCE: 0.46%
WANT: 17.40%
Descole is failing so bad not even a logo can get lower score than him. Next up we're rating Jirachi and the concept of Offline Tourney mode. Also please predict what score Brash the Bear and the concept of us not getting King K. Rool, Isaac or Bandanna Dee will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
By us off you mean you Krystal fans, then sure it is. Like seriously ~12 of you voted 35%-60% along with a 100% rating, and you can already pretty much see what's wrong.

I just...
The argument these days, man. This thread don't look like a RTC anymore. It's just a rate-what-you-want-the-chance-to-be thread now, at least when it's about characters.
You spend some time on making your argument, responding to various points, yet most people can get a pass by saying "popularity" or "insert hypothetical situation" followed by a high chance and 100% want. And what's worse, this thread isn't as active anymore. So when it's time to rate a certain character, the thread can basically call out everyone and dominate the game with above-average score and a 100% want, while the people who do regularly attend this game already is decreasing as debates hat up.
I never treated the thread as anything serious, this just polls a small percentage after all.

Even so, Krystal is still more popular than you think. her chances are very underrated and usually is given a low chance due to hate and no other explanation, like the above posts. Hypocrisy everywhere man. However, I still respect you as a speculator.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jirachi

Chance: 1%

Another unpopular Pokemon.

Want: Abstain

Offline Tourney Mode

I doubt it.

Want: 50%

I wouldn't be affected either way.

Predictions:

No King K. Rool, Isaac, or Bandanna Dee - 40%

Brash the Friggin' Bear - 0%

The true dark lord of the old RTC. Move over, Owain.

Nomination: Bubsy x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Wolf Chance: 79.60%
Krystal Chance: 29.17%
Two DLC Characters from the same Franchise: 24.27%

Not taking the ratings seriously, I just find it funny :p

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Hopefully this day is a lot better than the last one...

Jirachi

Chance: 0%

Not likely at all and I'm not interested in this character

Offline Tourney Mode

Chance: 50%

Really could go either. Will Sakurai take the time to make an offline tourney mode. Maybe. I'm just not sure.

This is the mode I've been waiting for. It was very disappointing to see that the tourney mode was online only.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jirachi

Chance - 0.02% - A fairly random character that is mildly important in it's own series, but neither very popular or noticeable. I don't see it happening.

Want - 20% - Plenty more interesting Pokemon that could probably do more.

Offline Tourney Mode

Chance - 1.5% - Already in the game, kinda, but you'd think they would include it with the original. Considering how easy it is to implement, you'd think they would have made it the default, but no.

Want - 50% - Meh. Not interested.

Predictions

Brash The Bear - 0.19% - ...Should I start nominating Scrooge McDuck around now?

No Top 3 - 10.24% - Joy, this should be fun...

Nominations

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Abstaining from offline tourney rating.

Jirachi

Chance: 2%

It's not a PokeBall summon anymore, at least. But alas, "RTC rates a random Pokemon and people hate that" cliche.

Predictions:

Brash: 0.50%
No Top 3: 20%

Nominate: Frigate Orpheon x5

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Jirachi

He had a movie.... years ago..... It's not happening.

There are hundreds of Pokemon, many would be a better choice than this.

Offline Tourney Mode

It could happen, its not impossible. But it's also not likely.

Want: Abstain

Predictions:

No King K. Rool, Isaac, or Bandanna Dee: 80%

Brash the Friggin' Bear: Abstain.

NiGHTS x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I never treated the thread as anything serious, this just polls a small percentage after all.

Even so, Krystal is still more popular than you think. her chances are very underrated and usually is given a low chance due to hate and no other explanation, like the above posts. Hypocrisy everywhere man. However, I still respect you as a speculator.
Could easily see you aren't taking this seriously as you are one of those who think she's more likely than k rool.

I don't know where you get the "no explanation"logic from, since I can as well see she got rated THIS high with no justification to begin with. Hypocrisy where now?

The most I can see when the ratings are 50%, it's mostly something like "Hey Wolf is a shoe in, and there's a possibility, so it could go either way." Or sometimes just "She's underrated so I rate higher" I don't see this it's anything of a valid reason, as "pulled out of nowhere" as my numbers.

--

Abstain from all chance ratings

Jirachi:
Want 0%

Offline Tourney:
Want 10%
Eh, not something I used at all

Prediction:

No top 3 42%
Approximated the product of the chance of top 3 not happening, but God knows it's gonna be lower than logic.

Brash: 0.2%
Another random shot because there's definitely someone who's gonna rate above zero.

Nomination:
Isaac 5x

Troykv

Smash Master

People don't know that Mewtwo is already in Smash Bros as a freaking DLC and Pichu is still a Top Contender in Japan, that Conceptvget so many biased-against votes xD

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Could easily see you aren't taking this seriously as you are one of those who think she's more likely than k rool.
Of course people don't take it seriously.

It's a game. A game that has no impact on actual chances of DLC characters. Whether you get irked or not at what people rate is your choice, son.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
--

This has been a long time coming. Things have gotten really complicated and really busy for me, between working on my latest Let's Play, trying to find work I can actually still do safely, spearheading a character campaign, trying to stay competent competitively, networking with various people online, and trying to do all of the above while keeping the chronic pain that's nagged me for years due to injuries I can't afford to properly treat from getting out of hand. Sometimes it gets to be too much.

Sometimes we need to take a step back for a while, lighten the load so it doesn't hurt as much to shoulder it all.

If you haven't put two and two together by now--how all out I went with my Krystal rating, how I used music from the final chapter of a game, the way I'm leading into this with this very post--I'm taking a break from RTC. I'll still be around elsewhere on the boards, especially in the character forums, and I'll still stick my head in here occasionally if it feels like I have something important I can say.

It's been an interesting four and a half months. A lot of ups and downs, a lot of discussion and debate, some of it particularly heated. I got a lot of experience writing analysis, at the very least. But now...I need to bow out. It's just for the best for my well being.

I've never been good with goodbyes, but then again, this isn't truly a goodbye, is it? So I guess...I'll catch you guys some other time or in some other place.

"May we meet again...in another life."

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Jirachi:

Chance: 1.5%
Want: 2%

I seriously doubt this will be a thing.

Offline Tourney Mode:

Chance: 20%
Want: 50%

One side of me says, "Why wasn't this a thing? It's always been like that!" However, the other side says, "Not like I have that many people locally to enjoy this mode offline anyway." Seriously though, I do think an offline mode should've been included, but I think it was an underused mode that many players forgot about.

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x3
Mario Paint Stage x2

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

On the contrary that's actually surprisingly close. The chances of us getting a 79.60% rated character for DLC on top of a 29.17% one would make 23.22% (assuming my math is right) which is just a little under 24.27%. I'm surprised our ratings added up that close considering we had different people voting on each of those three days.

Last edited:

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Krystal
Chance: 20% - Decently Large Fanbase, But Isn't Appearing In Star Fox and chances are Wolf stands in her way of getting DLC.
Want: 40% - I don't actually know her too well, but she seems decent enough and represents the more recent games.

Mini Kangaroo
Chance: 2% - Sakurai does enjoy bringing back retro and obscure characters. Chances are however, that Sakurai won't be bringing back another retro character for DLC, and even if he did there are slightly more "important" choices.
Want: 90% - She has crazy moveset potential, and does represent Nintendo history. Could be in Sm5sh?

Jirachi Prediction: 2% - Could happen, but in the grand scheme of things isn't that important.
Offline Tourney Mode: 5% - Could be added as a little feature, but I doubt it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Jirachi
10% Chance
100% Want

Offline Tournaments
50% Chance
Abstain Want

Nominating Pokemon Staduim x 5

@ The Jiggernaut The Jiggernaut I loved that stage in Brawl, I might help nom that up once I am done with this one...

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Jirachi:
Chance - 0%
Want - 50%
To quote myself, "I'm all for more generations of pokemon getting represented with fighters, but I can't help but feel that Jirachi is an odd choice to represent gen 3. I would have thought to see pokemon like Aggron, Zangoose, or Absol leading the gen 3 charge. I've never really seen a significant deal of popularity surrounding Jirachi, perhaps the only cute legendary I've seen less popularity around being Manaphy/Phione." - Zilexion, Jun. 24, 2015. It's highly unlikely that Jirachi would be picked, it's not a very popular pokemon, there's not many supporting it, and we've already gotten 1 dlc pokemon, while the chance of 2 reps from the same series according to this thread is about 24%. I personally can't support the idea, mostly due to Sm4sh's existing abundant pokemon representation, but I would be happy to see the pokemon series represented better, at least in future installments, not in terms of quantity, but in terms of balance. 4/6 current pokemon reps are from gen 1, meanwhile we currently have 6 generations of pokemon. As a pokemon fan, it's a bit disappointing to see the pokemon representation pandering to the gen 1 crowd.

Offline Tournaments:
Chance - 35%
Want - 50%

I'm a bit skeptical that this mode will be touched much, though it could seriously use some work. Though I'm wholly indifferent to whether or not the mode is adjusted, fixed, or modified in any way since I've never even experienced the mode firsthand.

Predictions:
Brash the Bear - 0.5%
No K. Rool, Isaac, or Bandanna Dee - 25%

Nominations:
Validar (FE:A) x 3
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 2

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
On the contrary that's actually surprisingly close. The chances of us getting a 79.60% rated character for DLC on top of a 29.17% one would make 23.22% (assuming my math is right) which is just a little under 24.27%. I'm surprised our ratings added up that close considering we had different people voting on each of those three days.
Huh. Nevermind then, I just suck at math :rotfl:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Jirachi
Want: 10%

Not really popular, plus there are better Pokemon reps out there.

Offline Tourney Mode
Want: 60%

Seeing as how the other games had it I don't know why this one wouldn't. Not really anticipating it though I'll be glad if it comes back.

Predictions:
Brash the Bear: 0.2%
No K.Rool, Isaac, or Bandana Dee: 51.31%

Nomination: Patricia Wagon (x5)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Jirachi
Want: 40%
Never thought I'd find myself giving a popular legendary like this a zero.

Offline Tournaments
Chance: 30%

Predictions
Brash: 0.66%
No Rool, Isaac, or Dee: 42.5%

Nominate x5 Belome (SMRPG)

EliteXit

Smash Cadet
Jirachi:

Not interested.

Offline Tourney Mode:

Chance: 5%

No King K Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee:

Abstain

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Jirachi

Chances: 0.3% Jirachi's main enemy is it's competition, surely Jirachi's lower priority than the vets and Sceptile. After them I think Jirachi's the 3rd or 4th most likely Pokemon, but that doesn't mean the character's likely, at all. It isn't very popular while being only of some importance. It could possibly end up being saved by it's utterly massive moveset potential, but I don't think it's anywhere near as important enough to actually get Jirachi in the game.

Want: 100% I'd absolutely love to see Jirachi get in Smash, it has obscene potential and the character's always been one of my favorites. To be blunt Jirachi's probably never gonna happen unless it gets more presence, and even then it probably won't, but I still love the concept of it being in Smash.

Offline Tourney Mode:
Chance: Abstaining.

Predictions: No Rool, Isaac or Dee: 40% What utter blasphemy is this?
Brash: 4%
Nominations: Rerate Magolor x 5

Last edited:
Top Bottom