• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
"Unless Nintendo doesn't want money I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be in".
OMG! RIDLEY, K.ROOL! ISAAC! SHANTAE! BANDANA DEE! GOKU CONFIRMED!
A lot of characters would make money, that's not an argument at all.

"I really hate people who say they are "decomfirmed" or "unlikely" just because of the costumes".
If they add costumes and a trophy AS DLC, instead of just waiting and add the characters instead, Inklings are having a trouble.

"Smash 5 won't happen for another 5-6 years if not maybe it won't ever be made, I'm not waiting that long just to play as a character who deserves to be in already".
LOL, yeah, sure, they will totally stop making Smash, one of their more succesful series.
And also... how is this relevant to the chances score? This is like a confirmation that your score is biased.
The same can go to these other characters, like King K. Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee people want them in now as newcomers so we won't have to wait for a Smash 5 to get them in. Why do you think people wanted DLC for, it's so these guys can make it now and not have to wait years later. This can go to any character the inklings and other characters are really no different in wanting to wait for years to come, so this can also go to old characters as well not just newer ones.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The same can go to these other characters, like King K. Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee people want them in now as newcomers so we won't have to wait for a Smash 5 to get them in. Why do you think people wanted DLC for, it's so these guys can make it now and not have to wait years later. This can go to any character the inklings and other characters are really no different in wanting to wait for years to come, so this can also go to old characters as well not just newer ones.
And?
I didn't say that their fans don't want them now.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Inklings
Chance: 35%
After the release of the Mii costumes, I can't help but feel that Sakurai might consider Splatoon to be represented enough this time around. Even though the game is out now and everyone seems to love it, there's still a good chance that Nintendo is going to hold off on adding them until the next Smash game. Needless to say, my confidence in their chances as DLC have dropped since the first rating, but my confidence in them wasn't all that great to begin with. I'll give the ink shooting squid kids a 35% chance, which is a 15% drop from my original rating.
I'd say their inkling of a chance has become even more of an inkling...

Click the spoiler tag if you're curious of my original rating.
I was originally going to rate higher, but after reading what people said yesterday in their predictions for this character, I decided to lower my expectations a bit. I figured that the Inkling is the epitome of a character that could happen, but just as easily might not happen at all. Though I have to say that I don't really understand the arguments that the Inkling's game isn't out yet so they won't get considered. They'll obviously be a ballot character if they were to make it in as playable, and the ballot ends this October. By the time they create the character and set a planned release date, their game probably would have been out for over a year. Their chances rely mostly on whether or not this game does well. By October we'll probably know as well as Nintendo, Sakurai, and the developers of Smash 4 whether it's a success or not. If the game does well, I'll consider them a pretty likely pick. For now, I'll give the ink shooting squids a 50%.
I'd say they definitely have an inkling of a chance at becoming playable...

Want: 85%
I maintain the same want rating that I gave them the first time. I'm a fan of Splatoon, and I would love their inclusion. I don't mind waiting until the next Smash game though if Nintendo thinks that is what's best.

Prediction - Beast Ganon: 8.6%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
You're a kid now! You're a squid now!
Chance: 33%
Having a costume doesn't automatically rule out a character. If we are talking Smash 5 though, I'd give them 95% chance easy.
Want: 45%
I love Splatton, but I think Smash 5 would be better.

Nominating Owainx5

Mario123311

Smash Ace
"Smash 5 won't happen for another 5-6 years if not maybe it won't ever be made, I'm not waiting that long just to play as a character who deserves to be in already".
LOL, yeah, sure, they will totally stop making Smash, one of their more succesful series.
And also... how is this relevant to the chances score? This is like a confirmation that your score is biased.
I've seen alot of top franchises go: Look at what Valve does theses days, hell they don't even make games anymore.

The most I can see happening after Smash 4 is just ports of it to other consoles, that's it. It really doesn't help that if it does happen it would be out in 2020/2025... Which I am willing to bet Splatoon will be forgotten by that time which just scares me.

Sorry if I'm sounding stupid but considering this is really the only DLC character I really want at the moment, I really don't want to wait another 6-7 years just for another Smash. There was already big enough gaps between Melee, Brawl and this game. And I already waited long enough for Pac-Man to get in, It was painful.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Presenting the Squid Kids: The kids who are also squids.
Are they a kid?
They're a kid and a squid.
Are they a squid?

Inkling
Chance: 75%
They have a ton of moveset potential.
New IP that has had a lot of advertisement.
Lots of ballot support.
Splatoon sold really well.
Already have some sort of representation in Smash.
First party

Want: 100%
Squid kids shooting ink in my Smash? Yes please.

Beast Ganon Prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Shy Guy x2
Young Cricket x2
Leon Powalski x1

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You're a kid now! You're a squid now! You're a kid, you're a squid, you're a kid, you're a s... *shot*

Inkling

Chance: 65%

Like many had stated, they have plenty of moveset options going with the weapons from Splatoon and the game itself sold well due to advertisement it had (Finally!). The game itself is a new IP and what's better than to give the game some real promotion. The costumes are a start (even though plenty are stupid enough to think they are permanenty deconfirmed when we also have a Link costume), but more from the game like the Inklings with their ink mechanics can work. There's no need to even bring up the ballot support since it's been there before the game even came out.

Expecting Tentacruel? Too bad! Inklings Time! :troll:

These gusy eould be the best newcomer in history if it were to happen and the ink has some many trap options due to how it works.

Beast Ganon Prediction: 5%

Nominations: Style Savvy x5

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Inklings
Chance- 18%
Honestly, I think don't think we'd be getting Mii costumes and a trophy if they thought they might add the Inklings. It's not impossible, though, as they could always change their mind if there is good ballot support, which there is.
Want- 80%
I have a few concerns about how their move set would turn out, but they can probably make it work. So yeah! I like their appearance and their personality.

Beast Ganon Prediction- 10%
Nominations:

Crono x5

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well I hop in squid jump in here after a long time and see that Inklings are up for ratings! Here is my splatastic rating:

Inkling:

Chance: 40%

These guys are part of a new IP which compared to Nintendo's other newer (or lower profile) IPs have been heavily promoted by Nintendo. And they have indeed received a great response. Nintendo might as well put them in Smash for greater publicity to the Nintendo fanbase who might have initially ignored the shooter game. The game is definitely fun, and their ink based moveset can have tons of diversity (although I doubt it will have my trusty E-Liter in it >.<)

They have gotten costumes but that doesn't signal an end to their chances. Especially considering the fact many have considered that Smash 4 will be the latest Smash game for quite some time and Nintendo might want to release regular-ish DLC to keep it "fresh".

Want: 90%

Since day one, I have loved the inklings and the game itself, and thus I would like to see 'em in. They are kids (as well as squids) who can add freshness to the roster :p They might as well have a whole new type of gameplay with inking territory and what-not!

Although, I would like to get deserving characters who have been waiting for longer before them like Isaac and K. Rool.

Nominations: Abel (SMT: Devil Survivor) or other SMT character x 5

Inklings
Chance: 35%
After the release of the Mii costumes, I can't help but feel that Sakurai might consider Splatoon to be represented enough this time around. Even though the game is out now and everyone seems to love it, there's still a good chance that Nintendo is going to hold off on adding them until the next Smash game. Needless to say, my confidence in their chances as DLC have dropped since the first rating, but my confidence in them wasn't all that great to begin with. I'll give the ink shooting squid kids a 35% chance, which is a 15% drop from my original rating.
I'd say their inkling of a chance has become even more of an inkling...

Click the spoiler tag if you're curious of my original rating.
[spoiler[I was originally going to rate higher, but after reading what people said yesterday in their predictions for this character, I decided to lower my expectations a bit. I figured that the Inkling is the epitome of a character that could happen, but just as easily might not happen at all. Though I have to say that I don't really understand the arguments that the Inkling's game isn't out yet so they won't get considered. They'll obviously be a ballot character if they were to make it in as playable, and the ballot ends this October. By the time they create the character and set a planned release date, their game probably would have been out for over a year. Their chances rely mostly on whether or not this game does well. By October we'll probably know as well as Nintendo, Sakurai, and the developers of Smash 4 whether it's a success or not. If the game does well, I'll consider them a pretty likely pick. For now, I'll give the ink shooting squids a 50%.
I'd say they definitely have an inkling of a chance at becoming playable...[/spoiler]

Want: 85%
I maintain the same want rating that I gave them the first time. I'm a fan of Splatoon, and I would love their inclusion. I don't mind waiting until the next Smash game though if Nintendo thinks that is what's best.

Prediction - Beast Ganon: 8.6%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox
Dude you might want to fix your spoiler tag.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I've seen alot of top franchises go: Look at what Valve does theses days, hell they don't even make games anymore.

The most I can see happening after Smash 4 is just ports of it to other consoles, that's it. It really doesn't help that if it does happen it would be out in 2020/2025... Which I am willing to bet Splatoon will be forgotten by that time which just scares me.

Sorry if I'm sounding stupid but considering this is really the only DLC character I really want at the moment, I really don't want to wait another 6-7 years just for another Smash. There was already big enough gaps between Melee, Brawl and this game. And I already waited long enough for Pac-Man to get in, It was painful.
Any character that is that easily forgotten by their own fans in just a few years doesn't deserve to be in Smash. Trust me the Inklings won't be forgotten that easily. However, I understand any fans desire to see their most wanted character playable now, and in that regard I can empathize with you.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Inkling's chances: 50%

The costumes and trophy could be seen as enough, and they could be saving them for a later game. But on the other hand it shows they're on the radar, the game's doing well and they're already a popular choice. I think it can go either way.

If they're not DLC though, they'll be extremely likely for a new Smash.

Want: 50%

I haven't picked up Splatoon yet, but it looks very interesting to me and I think it should definitely get a character at some point. I don't know if this is the right time though, it might be best to let some others get a shot at DLC and save Inklings for a new game.

Ganon prediction: 8.38%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Inkling
Chances: 50%
I don't think **** the costumes that would rule them out as some people say, I think it's more likely because they are too recent. The same could've been said for Wonder Red even if it's been a year or so since his game got released, we may or still not get him as a character. Unlike Wonder Red though, the Inkling came from a very sold out well acclaimed game in Japan and is doing well there as well in west. Nintendo and Sakuari was more than likely suprised that they're even getting voted for and decided to maybe throw us a bone give costumes of them for now. I can understand if they don't make it in, but I do think they would be just great to add as older characters. You guys do know that Sakuari could always change his mind about the Inkling and just add them in later and the costumes could be a way to psych us all. Again a mini bombshell with the costumes and have them playable as another bombshell as another troll move by Sakurai. As its been said before, Sakurai is an unpredictable man, he changes his mind about certain content this could be one of those times.
It is plausible that Nintendo would like to see them in Smash. They are more than likely was probably surprised that the Inkling was even getting votes. There is no denying that the Inkling are indeed popular in such a short amount of time and are still doing well in the ballot. Yes, a Smash 5 would definitely happen, but it wouldn't suprise me if Smash4 ends up being one those games that would get ported to the NX. If they do end up as a character as DLC I do not think it will effect their appearance for a Smash 5 or for future interactions of Smash, if they end up as DLC I wouldn't be suprissed if they end up as last minute addition. I love when a new franchise gets added into Smash, again it will show apart of Nintnedo's history and where they may stand in the future. I mean Xenoblade and Fire Emblem are probably big examples of this, must I remind people it's how we even got Fire Emblem in the west to begin with. The Inkling are very charming, likable, and interesting characters. Splatoon was my most anticipated game of E3 2014 besides Smash Bros and Yoshi's Woolly World and it ended up being my game for the summer. Again it's understandable if they don't make it, but I feel a stage at would be nice to see, because it's been done before on where we have certain content without a playable character and I wouldn't be mad if it happened here, but I would love to see this character be playable in Smash.

Ganon Prediction: 10%
Another variation of a character for a franchise that deserve a flat out newcomer. Legend of Zelda and DK have interesting cast of characters they don't need different variations of themselves to fill up their entire roster. It's why people advocate for new blood like Impa, King K. Rool, and Dixie.

Nominations: x4 Snake

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Inklings
55% Chance
100% Want

IMO, the reason we have these Splatoon costumes and trophy is to test the water. Nintendo does not want to force a character that is so recent down our throats. If the game has the ballot support and popularity, which it does, than they will appear. Also, Splatoon is a great game, pick it up if you have not, its fun.

Nominating Snake x 5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Inklings:

Chance - 35%
They seem to have the most support after K. Rool and Isaac, albeit I'm unsure what their standing is in Japan, where last we checked, people were laughing at the U.S. for parading them around as DLC candidates months before their game ever came out. As of now, they've lost the safety net of being pre-planned, the presence of which is probably why they got voted highly last time around, but they're not out of the realm of possibility yet.

Want - 25%
The designs are interesting, but they shouldn't just pop up out of the blue and instantly cut the more long-standing desired choices in line, so to speak. Wait your turn, freshmen.

Ganon Prediction - 11.5%

Nominate Boss Battles Mode x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Inklings
Chance: 10% - I'm not convinced Sakurai and the team would have even considered making the costumes if they felt there was still any chance of the Inklings getting in. Most of the DLC costumes we have so far seem like they exist to add a semi popular character to the roster in a sort of compromised way. We now have costumes for Heihuchi, Akira, Jackie, Young Link, Isabelle, different gen Megamans, and Inklings. The Inkling costume seems like Sakurai's way of making them playable.
Want: 100% - I hope I'm wrong here.

Beast Ganon prediction: 6%

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
INKLINGS
CHANCE: 31.89% (DOWN FROM 43.29%)
WANT: 59.78% (UP FROM 45.19%)
The Inklings took a heavy hit but their more wanted than ever. Next up we're rating Beast Ganon. We have a tie in the nominations list, we'll be predicting what score Slime will get tomorrow and doing Bub/Bob the day after.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Chance: 2%
What, with all the love the Zelda series has gotten, we expect Sakurai to bless us with a Zelda character? Sorry, can’t say it with a straight face. I find it impressive (?) that a series as popular as Zelda (which is one of Nintendo’s big sellers) is currently represented by 5 characters: three main characters, two alternate versions thereof, two semi-clones which take very little from their home games, three final smash moves among them (one of which was given to Sm4sh’s most popular newcomer as well), and a whole lot of low tier (Luckily I’m an über-casual so tires don exits for me :p). Even if the Zelda series needs some love, I don’t think we’re getting this retro coming in. Besides, we got a reference to that Ganon already.

Want: …it’s complicated…
The pig above? 0%
A replacement for the Falcondorf we have? 100%

I really don't need another version of another Zelda character. Especially since we've already got Beast Ganon from Twilight Princess, so it's really redundant. And I prefer the gritty 3D version to the 2D cartoon character anyday of the week.

For the purposes of this, go with the 0, but I’ve got a nice rant about what I want Ganondorf to be that I’ll probably be quoting a few times, and I think it’s one of the better ways to get a more faithful King of Evil without upsetting people who are Dorf mains.
I’d love a DLC which adds Black Shadow as a character, and just gives him Ganondorf’s current moveset. That way, anyone who likes the moveset can still have the moves in game, and then the fact that most of it seems to be a slower, more powerful Captain Falcon makes more sense. Besides, I hear Shadow’s pretty popular in Japan. On top of that, a new Ganondorf is added with a moveset that is much more appropriate for him:

Hyrule Warriors did an amazing job at making that Ganondorf an amalgamation of all previous Dorfs in the series (which technically were all the same one; get your facts straight, Palutena). Like in Ocarina, he’s a sorcerer barbarian; like in Wind Waker, he dual wields; Like Twilight Princess, he’s got that regal haughtiness. And that mane is perfect, and had better be on the Dorf in Zelda U (speaking of, Ganondorf had better be in that game, and Link had better have a lefty option so we lefties can also play swordmatching finally). I’d love it if they just got Koei Tecmo to send the animations over, and put him in just like that. The only moves I’d keep from his Sm4sh incarnation would be his ftilt and side special, otherwise bring this beast in.

Sorry for the off-topic bit, but I’ve wanted that mane in the game since HW was announced. It’s too perfect. L​

Prediction: Slime 3.1%

Nominate Black Shadow x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Today's extra nominations winner is...me? Huh. Interesting.

finally

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Roar

Ganon
Chance: 7%
Ganondorf fills the role of the Zelda villain, not only that but he also fills the role of Ganon, since they're the same person. Just ones human and the others a Pig, not to mention Ganon is already represented by Ganon's Final Smash. (Even if its his worse appearance in the series)
Want: 9%
A new Zelda character would be cool, but do we really need a second version of another Zelda character? I guess it would be cool if we had two versions of each triforce weilder. But I would vastly prefer someone who isn't a main 3 weilder like Ghirahim (sigh), Skull Kid (cries) or Impa.

Prediction: Slime 5%

Nominate all veterans retruning x5

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Beast Ganon ...

Chance: 2,6%
There is not a lot going for the character, or version of an already existing character.
Nothing much leading up to this character being independent, after Ganondorf's Final Smash actually being the Beast Form of Ganon.

Want: 9%
I don't actually want the character, but then again, I would not mind Ganondorf some more justice than he already has.

Slime: 0,4%

Nominate: Doshin the Giant, x5

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Ganon of the Enchanted thieves, King of Evil

Chances: 2% Zelda has this weird history of being ignored in smash bros for some reason, 5 reps since.... Melee, wow. Unfortunately for our pig King, this isn't even where his troubles end, since he faces competition from Vaati, Impa, Groose, and Tetra.

Want: 70% Ganon would be cool, and it annoys me that something as small as Fire Emblem has the same amount of reps as something as huge as Zelda, like, why?! I'd personally prefer Groose Linebeck or Vaati, but Ganon would also satisfy being a sixth Zelda rep, and would be pretty darn unique, I reckon. I can see him being some sort of a zoner-heavy, with his own twists, and that prospect excites me.

Predictions: Slime (from Dragon quest right?) 5% edit: 10% I caught a glimpse of the future apparently, guy gets overrated.

Nominations: Dark Matter x 5

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Slime:

Chance 89%

Want 100%

Probably the best square rep IMO. Plus Rocket Slime is amazing already.

D

Deleted member

Beast Ganon

Chances : 27

Want : 9%

Fine with ganonDORF like i said before

Noms : Black Shadow x5

D

Deleted member

Ganon

Chance: 1%

The trident-equiped original form of the King of Evil has his share of supporters, and he did recently make a comeback in A Link Between Worlds, but Sakurai may already be satisfied with featuring another form of Ganon from Twilight Princess as Ganondorf's Final Smash. Also, Sakurai might consider him "too big" like Ridley.

Want: 80%

Since 'Dorf will likely never be treated with a revamp, I'd probably be content with playing as this pig in Smash.

Prediction: Slime - 5%

Nomination: Snake x5

Last edited by a moderator:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ganon - A dream from the fanon

Chance
10% - Um... what version of Ganon are we talking about here? There's Ocarina of Time Ganon, Twilight Princess Ganon, heck, original Ganon from the original Legend of Zelda... there are just too many for me to fathom. We know that Twilight Princess Ganon is Ganondorf's final smash, so let's rule that out. No matter what Ganon you pick though, it still feels like just a transformation of Ganondorf. I mean, we do have Shiek and Toon Link that are really just Zelda and Link, so having another character that's really just another version of Ganondorf isn't too far out, but isn't this something that the fans want to break away from? It just doesn't sound likely to me.

Want
40% - It's, well, not a terrible idea. I mean, would Impa or another villain (maybe Vaati) still be my prefered choice of a new Zelda character? Well, yes, but Ganon I have to admit does have a certain charm, probably nostalgic (even though I never really played the original Legend of Zelda. I have to admit, I was always more of a Mario fanboy than Zelda). That said, I have no strong desire to see him in, and it would feel like a bit of a cop out character for Zelda, so I'll put it just below a 50.

Predictions - Slime? That little blue guy who's usually a generic enemy but yet somehow became the mascot of Dragon Quest despite all that and it's low power? ...well... 5%

Nominations:
Meowth X5

Troykv

Smash Master
Beast Ganon... Okay...

Chance: 5%

This Ganon it's a little bit... lost in the time probably like him in the games... But actually would be a interesting option and popular to see as a character in the game... But... We already have Ganon as a Final Smash... yeah the ultimate argument that makes impossible some characters like Chrom... and that hurts him A LOT. I give him this score instead than something lower because respect.

Want: 50%

I could give him a lower want because he, like Impa, is the ultimate "Muh reps Fire Emblem favoritism" option... But actually... he have potential to be a cool character, but I prefer other characters before him.

Prediction:

Smile: 6%

Nominations:

Rerate!Snake x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
GAME OVER...He has returned...or not...I dunno...

Ganon (not Beast Ganon...GANON!!!)

Chance: 20%
The original! Many people are displeased with Falcondorf, even though he differs quite a bit from Falcon now, but some want a more true to character Ganondorf or one that uses a sword...But the biggest issue with this is that those who have played Ganondorf since melee would get screwed out of the character they've played with...One of the better options is a second Ganon, we're talking about the original Ganon...y'know the big Blue Pig man! He weilds a trident and has a multitude of magic spells as well as his special move being the symbolic 'Dead Man's Volley'...

One of the biggest arguments against Ganon is that he is Ganondorf's Final Smash....REALLY? Beast Ganon in Ganondorf's Final Smash differs from Classic Ganon more than :4link:&:4tlink:...Not only is it a different incarnation but looks, and acts completely differently...So this should not be an issue since there really isn't any reason to compare the two...

One other thing that is getting in the Demon Lord's way is that his support is nowhere near that of other Zelda characters...Impa leads the charge while Tetra, Toon Zelda, Young Link and some of the Assist Characters tend to get more attention than him, so the lack of ballot support can be detrimental to his chances, as well as his competition...But Zelda's 30th is next year and he's be a prime candidate to add to the roster since he's been around since the beginning pretty much being Zelda's Bowser...

----

Want: 75%
I'm a little pissed off that his support thread was closed...I mean seriously? That is kind of taking this 'Deconfirmed Characters fan-made rule' Thing way too far, especially for just a small technicality....(If that's the case then why is Young Link's and Toon Zelda's support threads still open? or Tetra's? we can technically say they are still playable in the game already, so wouldn't they be deconfirmed as well?......please note: I'm not trying to hate on these characters nor do I encourage mods to close their threads I'm just pointing out this glaring flaw and just how ridiculous this is getting...)
Obviously I'm an advocate for 'deconfirmed characters' since three of my top four fall within this category, but this actually kinda set me off...It doesn't even matter if he's my most wanted or not, it's just based on principle...why do we have to hide away in a corner to support these characters?

Anyways...enough anger and saltiness...Ganon would definitely make an awesome fighter, he's a heavyweight and a villain two things that are lacking in Smash...as well he'd actually be a unique newcomer for the Zelda series which technically didn't get since melee...You'd think the third biggest franchise of Nintendo would've gotten at least one...other than the pointless Toon Link that we got...

Overall though there are two Zelda characters I would much rather have but I'll take Ganon because I think he'd be pretty damn awesome to have...he'd definitely rival Bowser and DK for the largest character...until Ridley gets added....

----

Prediction: 2.3%
Slime
...srsly?...This makes as much sense as adding a Goomba to the playable roster...which has non of the third party hassels, and possibly a hell of a lot more recognizable and popular as well...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3 (METROID CAMPAIGNS, Zeelas, Zoomers, Sidehoppers, Geemers, Rippers, Skrees, Geegas, Dragons (yes these enemies are called dragons), Gadoras, Gerutas, Rinkas, Metroids, Zebesians, Arachnus, Sheegoths, Beetles, Ing Warriors, and finally Boss Kraid!....also...NO LAVA!!!!!)
!Rerate: Impa x1
Sylux x1

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Let's just say that There's too much competition between other niche characters in the Zelda Series

Ganon (not twilight, but trident-holding version)

Want: 30%

Nomination: Serperior x 5

Prediction:
Slime (assuming Rocket Slime) - 6%

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

While I understand we should be looking more at the original Ganon, I feel like the original Ganon is represented thanks to Ganondorf's final smash. Yes, it's supposed to Beast Ganon from Twilight Princess, but I'm pretty sure the TP Beast Ganon is supposed to be that same Ganon as well. That being said, his chances are about the same as Chrom's. Chrom appears in Robin Final Smash, and Nintendo has already made it clear that because of that, Chrom is going to have little to no chance to join as DLC. Ganon finds himself in that situation as well.

However, he is the classic Zelda villain, so he is one of those fighters that can easily get in because of nostalgia, not to mention that he recently appeared in A Link Between Worlds, so he is recognizable in the modern gaming audience again. These two facts alone prevent his chances from becoming zero.

Want: 40%

He definitely has the potential to be a unique fighter, far more unique than Ganondorf to be exact. However, he is not one of my most wanted newcomers out there considering I already have other Zelda fighters I'm interested in seeing (Impa and Tetra come to mind).

Predictions:
Slime (Dragon Quest): 4.41%

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Ganon

Chances: 12%... Zelda has a lot of characters to choose, and I don't think too many people want a "second ganon" despite being diferent... (Why Toon Link, Why are you a semiclone... why they didn't give you other weapons?...)

Want: 35% We need a better Ganon/Ganondorf, but I don't think we will get our BluePig friend. However it would be fun to play as, with a trident, lightning bolts, brute force and fire bats... He should have been at least a Stage Hazard

Slime
:
Predictions: 5% I don't know how it would work...

oh... with Bub/Bob for thursday

Noms:
Bomberman x5

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Beast Ganon-

Want: 90% - it would be really nice to have a character that represents the classic top down Zelda games. Also, he has fire bats. FIRE BATS!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Ganon:
Chances: 1%
Want: 0%

Not popular, he has the competition of Impa, Tetra and even Young Link.
Also, like it or not, Ganondorf's Final Smash affects his chances.
Ganon reminds me of Sceptile, just replace the "Grass starter to complete the type trio" for "Second Ganondorf to complete the two characters per Triforce part".
Like Sceptile, overrated.

-Nominations:
Bandana Dee Rerate X5

Slime:

Chance 89%

Want 100%

Probably the best square rep IMO. Plus Rocket Slime is amazing already.
Wat.
We are rating Ganon, not Slime, and... 89% chances? Seriously?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ganon

Chance and Want: Abstain%
I would prefer a new Zelda character rather than having another version of the Triforce Trio that we already have in Smash Bros - some examples being Ghirahim or Impa, and if I were to choose a new Zelda villain for a spot in Smash Bros, I would choose Ghirahim.

Slime prediction: 3.46%

Nominations: Sylux X3 Ghirahim X2

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You dare bring light into my lair!?

Close the door, dammit!

--

Ganon

A side of Ganondorf we saw long before we saw Ganondorf's human side. Though a more bestial version of Ganon already shows up as Ganondorf's Final Smash, there's been some support for the classic bipedal trident-wielding demon we all knew and loathed back in the day. He has some points in his favor, as well: the Trident of Power would make him the first lance-wielder in Smash (second, if Bandana Dee beats him to the punch), and he brings quite the array of fell magic that'd give him solid moveset potential.

But as with so many characters we've rated, that alone can't save him. Support for Ganon has been fleeting at best and barely existent at worst, with Zelda fans focusing more on Impa, Tetra, and a handful of NPCs already in the game. NPC status itself also matters here, as the dev team might decide a playable Ganon would clash with the Twilight Princess version Ganondorf turns into.

Though he may be compelling, it seems Ganon doesn't have enough to fall back on to have some semblance of a chance. His argument for inclusion, just as his mind and heart in the games, is too far out of balance.

Want: 40%
He'd be kind of cool, actually. A badass giant boar swinging a trident around, teleporting places, summoning bats made out of fire, and doing all kinds of other iconic attacks? I could get behind that, even if he doesn't interest me as much as several other characters, including a couple from within his series.

Slime Prediction: 10.63%
A third party character off most people's radars, but with a small yet dedicated following. We'll probably see a lot of low scores and a few comparatively high ones.

I may be high on this one, though, considering all the other Square-Enix candidates getting nominated.

Nominations: Absol x5

And we go from a darkness-wielding demon king...to a species of darkness-wielding guardians.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ganondorf chances: 0.55%
The original antagonist of the 2D Zelda games, who has a distinct design and potential playstyle compared to the human Ganondorf we currently have in Smash, but he's already represented through the later's Final Smash. As such, despite his significance to the series, he may most likely seem redundant from Sakurai's perspective, even with a design different from the TP Beast Ganon.

Ganon want: 60%
Playing as an evil boar and smashing everything with a trident would indeed feel awesome but yeah, Ganondorf makes him kind of redundant.

Slime prediction: 9.8%
Eh... I don't know...

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

Edit: oh I almost forgot, Inkling lost one rank in the top 10 of chances but managed to appear in the top 10 of want!

New top 10 of chances:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/366657RTCDLCTop10chances5.png

New top 10 of want:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/424446RTCDLCTop10want4.png

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Also:
Ganon reminds me of Sceptile, just replace the "Grass starter to complete the type trio" for "Second Ganondorf to complete the two characters per Triforce part".
Like Sceptile, overrated.
That isn't why I've seen Ganon brought up at all. More than anything, his supporters seem to think he'd be a cool idea. They're not pushing for him to fulfill some arbitrary quota.

Kind of like how more of Sceptile's supporters see the lack of a Grass type on the roster, think a character with those powers would be interesting, and Scep just happens to be on their minds thanks to ORAS and thanks to being one of the most popular Grass starters overall.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
- Ganon -

Chance: 8%

Want: 95%

I'm not sure how to rate the "want" section here, but he is (alongside Tingle) probably my most wanted Zelda newcomer.
Most people complain that he would just be Ganondorf again, but he is, at least, very unique.
But, well, I don't think he has a good chance, because he hasn't a big fanbase to vote for him in the Ballot and Sakurai hasn't shown a lot of interest in the games Ganon was in.

As far as I've understood the concept of this thread, I now have 5 votes to nominate whoever I want, so that we can discuss this character in the future?... So: 1x King Boo, 2x Mother Brain, 2x The Viruses (from Dr. Mario)

I hope I didn't do anything wrong, if I did, I'm sorry and please let me know.

However, I plan to post here actively in the future, I hope we have some fun here!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Beast Ganon

Chance - 0.23% - Yeah, some support to have a new Ganondorf that isn't a clone, but ultimately not supported enough to be considered to a major degree. That plus possibly already being part of a final smash may already discomfirm him.

Want - 30% - I repeat, I would rather have a character from the toon games rather than a more realistic character. I would rather see Ganondorf decloned first.

Slime prediction - 3.56% - A true legendary third party, but third party status holds him back.

Nominations
Karate Joe X4
Secondary ballot X1

Top Bottom