• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Slime

Chance - 1.25% - Probably one of the most iconic video game enemies of all time, and almost certainly more so than just about any Dragon Quest character. Being a third party is definitely a dampener, though. These things are basically what Pikachu is to Dragon Quest, though. If the generic thing gets in the way, Rocket might get in as a representative, I guess.

Want - 70% - One of the most icconic enemies in gaming history, geting in? With several games and playable appearances, to boot?

Bub/Bob Prediction - 1.85% - You do realize that they are also owned by Square-Enix, right?

Nominations
Karate Joe X4
Secondary Ballot X1

@ Aetheri Aetheri @ Zerp Zerp

Would you guys change your tune if this was Rocket, the hero of Rocket Slime, got in as a representative of a slime?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Slime:
Chance: 0.21%
I don't think Slime is a viable competitor for a spot in the Ballot.

Want: 0%
I really don't think Slime is the best choice for a Square Enix character. While it may have some degree of iconic status, the Black Mage or Cloud Strife might be the one Sakurai would go for if they decided to implement a Square Enix character. It'd probably be better off as a Smash Run enemy.
So we'll be rating Bob/Bub tomorrow.:bubblebobble: Initially I assumed they little munching monster from Cut the Rope, but it seems they're not. I'll predict... 5.47%

Nominations - Cloud Strife (Nintendo appearances include Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and the Kingdom Hearts games like Chain of Memories) X2
Sylux X3

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
A Slime draws near!

--

Slime

Chance: 5.5%
The more-or-less mascot of the Dragon Quest series, the slimes pop up in several forms in every one of its games. With a ton of attention--and merchandise--give to them, could one of them represent Square-Enix in the realm of Smash?

...Well, here's the thing. Square-Enix has a lot of characters to choose from when it comes to Smash characters. Not only is there Dragon Quest, there's also Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Bravely Default that all have options, among other series. And among those series? Dragon Quest hasn't caught on quite as well internationally, with Western fans having to fight just to get the newest games localized! When every third party character we've seen has been an icon in the realm of gaming, the thought of one whose home series has struggled to leave Japan lately...raises some eyebrows when there're so many other options.

To say no less of the lower Ballot support from any Square-Enix characters, or any moveset issues Slime could come across.

It seems you've run into some foes far stronger than you, little guy. Better make like your metal brethren and flee while you still have the chance.

Want: 20%
Doesn't interest me all that much, either. Maybe it's because I'm more of a Final Fantasy guy than a Dragon Quest guy, but I just don't see the appeal. If we were to get a Square Enix character, whether now or in Smash 5, I'd much rather we got someone like Black Mage.

Bub/Bob Prediction: 2.45%
A lower-end third party character from a very niche series? This won't be pretty.

Nominations: Absol x5

Although I'm one to talk about characters whose lack of recognition could damn them. But if that could get solved? We're talking instant contender.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Slime

Chance - 1.25% - Probably one of the most iconic video game enemies of all time, and almost certainly more so than just about any Dragon Quest character. Being a third party is definitely a dampener, though. These things are basically what Pikachu is to Dragon Quest, though. If the generic thing gets in the way, Rocket might get in as a representative, I guess.

Want - 70% - One of the most icconic enemies in gaming history, geting in? With several games and playable appearances, to boot?

Bub/Bob Prediction - 1.85% - You do realize that they are also owned by Square-Enix, right?

Nominations
Karate Joe X4
Secondary Ballot X1

Would you guys change your tune if this was Rocket, the hero of Rocket Slime, got in as a representative of a slime?
Nope...I just see one specific individual of a generic enemy character...(and before someone brings up Bandana Dee, I'm not a fan of him for this reason but at least he's got viability for a unique moveset and actually plays a large role within his canon games outside of, 'I'm just here for you to kill me') and he's starred in his own spinoff game which is something that so far only the Mario series has any playable representatives for, Why would Sakurai include a third party character from a spin-off game?...As I said I'd much rather many other third party characters such as someone from the Final Fantasy games if Sakurai's gonna approach Square Enix for a DLC fighter...

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Slime - Vector the Crocodile: "THAT SLIMEBALL!!!"

Chance
5% - I personally believe that if Enix did get a character in this game, it would probably be Black Mage. Slime... just doesn't seem likely. For one thing, how would a Slime (a generic enemy) work move set wise? I don't see a move set potential working for Slime. I also don't see much ballot support for it. And I really don't see Nintendo just "throwing in" Slime like they did Ryu (Ryu is more iconic than Slime and has moveset potential).

Also, he's a generic enemy.

Want
0% - Mostly everything I see in chance being a problem is also a problem for me to want the little creature. I'm not deeply connected to the Dragon Quest series (I've seen the Dragon Quest series in Fortune Street, but other than that no deep connections). Bottom line, Slime just seems so generic, there's got to be a much better option for Square-Enix should they add a character of their own.

Predictions: Bub/Bob - Oh, I don't think I've seen these two in quite some time. I suppose they'd be a nice retro choice, but are they third party? Hmm... 7.2%

Nominations: A-Ano-Another set of extra nominations? Again? And... I'm the only one this time? I've... never thought that would ever happen...
This calls for a victory dance.
Anyways...Meowth X10

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Not really, no, because from what I looked up, Rocket is pretty much just a generic slime that just so happens to be the star of his game, but has no real defining traits or characteristics other than being a Slime. Sorry :c.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Slime

Chance: 2.5%
A Generic enemy that is a mascot to its series, but doesn't give off that WOW factor like the other third party characters. Their are other Square-Enix characters that would be better in smash bros like Black Mage, Cloud Strife, Sora, and Crono.

Want: 0.5%
I would much rather have a Goomba become a character than having a Slime become one and even a Goomba is strenching it.

Nom:
Cloud Strife x2
Sora x2
Crono x1

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Slime chances: 0.52%
The most iconic character from one of the most famous RPG series, and who already crossed over with Mario to boot. But with Square Enix ownership and Dragon Quest having trouble to leave Japan... and it's a generic enemy. Eh.

Slime want: 2%
Meh. It's maybe the most iconic Dragon Quest character, but comparatively I'm sure many generic enemies from Nintendo series which already have Smash representation, such as Goombas or Metroids, are more iconic than Slime. The later justs happens to not be overshadowed by anyone else from its series popularity-wise.

I also lack any connection with Dragon Quest and I'd rather have DQ not represented at all playable roster wise rather than having this.

Bub and Bob prediction: 0.98%
Apparently a very niche and obscure third-party... guess we can reasonably expect a <1% chances score for once?

Nominationg:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Slime:
Chance: 1%
Third party of the Final Fantasy company.
But is not a Final Fantasy character.
Also insert Cloud PSABR deal here

Want: 20%
Jigglypuff but then bouncy and even more humilating.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Bub and Bob: 3.14%

Nabbit x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
SLIME:
CHANCE: 2%

Slime doesn't have much goo-ing for him, being basically the Goo-mba of Dra-goo-n Quest. What he does have in his favour is that Dragon Quest is the most popular RPG series in Japan, and Slime is the mascot of the series. That said, chances of a third party DLC from a gum-pany who doesn't have content in the game is slime at best. Some people are already complaining that the roster is getting gunge-ested with 3rd parties, and he doesn't have the ballot support to get in. I'm afraid the grimy slimy enemy will have to sit this one out.

WANT: 50%
I don't mind him. Sure, he looks generic, but he oozes potential. We don't have a fighter who can transform and take any shape and and size at will. That alone is enough to make him a rather interesting fighter, especially if someone like Sa-goo-rai takes a crack at it.

I'm not sorry.

BUB/BOB PREDICTION: 2.5%

ASHLEY × 5

:231:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Slime

An iconic first enemy, kinda like the Eggbots o the Goombas. The fact that they are( or were) a popular pick in Japan( or so I've read) is the only reason for the 1%.

Wan't: 0%
I don't know why, but I kinda feel insulted that among all of the SE characters, this is one of the the more popular choices...

Nomination: Sora x5

D

Deleted member

SlimeHOO?
I barely know the character... so instead of do a double-abstain rating let's just do this...

Chances : 9%

Want : 10%

Noms : Black Shadow X5

Prediction : Bubble and Bobble
19+ total score at best.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
All these negative scores...dang.
Not that I expected chances to be better than 5, but those want scores...huh.

Slime (Dragon Quest)
Chance:13%
So what is Slime, really? Simply put, he's the Pikachu of the Dragon Quest franchise, perhaps the most influencial JRPG of all time, even more than Final Fantasy. Despite being the Goomba equivalent in the games itself, the character/species of Slime has exploded in popularity. Ever since his first appearance in the first installment, Slime has (for reasons I honestly don't understand) has become one of biggest icons in Japanese gaming (I'd put him above Kirby & Cloud but below Mario & Pac-Man) Honestly, he would have been expected to join the roster as soon as third parties were announced, except...well, as you can see from all these want-scores, his popularity is limited to one region. In the west, other Square reps overshadow him such as Cloud, Moogle, and Sora.

Personally though, I think Slime is the most likely SE rep we will get. For starters, his latest main installment, Dragon Quest X, is currently exclusive to Nintendo consoles (I remember hearing that Nintendo took a part in making the game), and two remakes are on the 3DS, VII and VIII, both of which were originally exclusive to Playstation. (There's also the third installment of a really popular spinoff, but it's not a big deal) Whereas Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts just had their latest game for Sony platforms and Bravely Default really isn't that big of a franchise. It actually makes sense if you think about it.

Also, while this is just my thought, but mainstream Dragon Quest games tend to get released on the most popular console of the generation. VII was on the PS1, VIII on the PS2, IX on the DS, and so on. Currently the 3DS is the most popular console. While the PS4 does have staggering sales, it dosen't have as big of an install base in Japan yet, the country that Dragon Quest matters the most. We currently have few clues as to where the next Dragon Quest game would be released, but with so many titles on the 3DS it looks like XI could be on the Nintendo console. If it ends up on the PS4...eh, ignore this post.

Want:70%
I certainly ain't against him, if I was I wouldn't have even nominated him this high in the first place. He's one of the very few third parties I could welcome now, one of the big fathers in gaming. His moveset potential isn't so bad either. Of course there's the stuff he does in the games especially the spinoffs he starts in, but I'm wondering what a little Sakurai magic would change him into. Sakurai has always been rather creative with movesets, and I'm sure Slime would be an interesting objective for him. In fact, I had some fun making up a number of original moves with the potential that Slime has. Sakurai-san could do wonders.

Bub & Bob: 3%
Puzzle Bobble? Isn't that franchise owned by Square Enix?
...Oh god, this is probably going to get a better score than Slime isn't it. Ugh.

Noms:
Bomberman x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Slimy,

Square has a ton of Smash representatives to choose from, from their iconic Final Fantasy characters to other properties such as Kingdom Hearts. It's safe to say that Slime's competition is nothing short of fierce. You probably wouldn't see this in before, say, Lightning or Cloud who are just as unlikely.

Want: Abstain

I have no idea what this is, so I'll skip this rating.

Bub/Bob prediction: 5%

Nominate: Sylux x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.
But first, @ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites I summon thee!

Slime
Chance:
1%

Dragon Quest has a better history with Nintendo more than Final Fantasy nowadays. However, Square Enix is very protective of their properties and I am unsure if they will allow one of them to be in this crossover.
As for ballot support, it's pretty small.

Want: 80%
I never played a Dragon Quest game, but Slime's moveset potential has my attention.

Bub/Bob Prediction: .83%
Pretty irrelevant characters. Also, from what I see with the way we grouped these characters together, are they a duo like the Ice Climbers? If so, they are REALLY doomed.

Nominations: Owain 5x

Laniv

Smash Champion
Slime:

Chance: 12%
Dragon Quest has ludicrous plopularity in Japan, and our little blue friend here is the crown gem slime of the franchise. And since Final Fantasy tends to be associated with Sony now, the road is paved for Slime to ooze into battle. His only globstacle is the other four third parties and Snake.

Want: 85%
It's either this little pile of goo or Chocobo, and Final Fantasy is mainly on Playstation.

Predictions for Bub and Bob: 3% Chance, 12% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hijinx x 5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Slime

Chances: 5% they are the more similar to a mascot of Square Enix RPGs, but they have a lot of other characters that would work in smash
Want: 25% I don´t know how it would work... But if it works it would be cool... I guess...

Bub / Bob

Tomorrow you will break my gf heart...
Prediction: 3%

Bub/Bob Prediction: .83%
Pretty irrelevant characters. Also, from what I see with the way we grouped these characters together, are they a duo like the Ice Climbers? If so, they are REALLY doomed.
I nominated them, but as a "solo character" but with an Alt costume, like Olimar/Alph:4olimar::4alph:... Duos are doomed :popo:

Yep, they are owned by Square Enix, but they are the mascot of Taito (And I know that it doesn't change anything)... I'm more interested in the "Want" rating, it's obvious that their chances are low, Final Fantasy has the advantage...

Noms:
Bomberman x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Slime's chances: 10%

Square Enix has a lot of characters to choose from if they were to have a character in Smash (which isn't too likely, but certainly possible), but if it did, I think Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are the frontrunners for representation. Unlike the latter, it's pretty clear who Dragon Quest's representative would most likely be, and that's this guy, so I'm actually going to name him the most likely choice for a Square Enix character. The series has crossed over with Mario on occasion, it has decent ties with Nintendo, and it's very popular in Japan. Downsides include having limited support outside of Japan, Final Fantasy being more successful overall, and the fact that Square Enix might not want one of their properties in Smash.

Want: 10%

Another idea that never particularly appealed to me. He is iconic, though, which is usually what I want my third parties to be, so I'll give him that.

Bub/Bob prediction: 2.39%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
XenoBrawler610 called for help.
Cheezey Bites appears.

Slime 8%
Look, I love Slime, and I do think he's the most likely third party Rep for DLC, but that's not saying much. I don't think we're getting enough characters for it, and although the ballot is active I don't think they'll have enough time to work on a 3rd party from it anyway so it really only effects 1st parties Imo. as such I really don't account for the Smash ballot thing for anyone but Rayman who's legalities are easier.

So with that in mind I think the only chance For 3ps is that he's getting worked on or planned now, and the only two I see with any reasonable potential for that are Spyro (that skylanders thing) and Slime because of the 30 year anniversary. But it's a longshore at best, and really only held afloat by DQ being second or third in game series in Japan (Pokémon, Mario and DQ are fighting perpetually). Just let that sink in, he's as recognisable as Pikachu (who's a generic enemy by the way)... In the West there's also been a concerted effort to popularise DQ, and this is SE so I don't think it's for the fans...

As much as I love Slime, the NX makes me think we'll get 2 or 3 ballot DLC packs at most, probably two characters each (like the upcoming patch seems to be given the two slots empty). With K.Rool, Isaac and Inkling practically assured a spot each I just don't see Alot of luck for anyone else, let alone 3Ps.

As for in party competition FF has no reason to be made now, and I would still argue DQ has the better chance due to DQs massive JPN popularity and FF being associated with PS (remember that soon we'll have all DQ mainline on Nintendo consoles... In JPN atleast). Anither thing against FF is it's lack if obvious choice; Chocobo are the mascots but don't have half the moveset potential of Black Mage, or the popularity of the mire modern protagonists like Cloud... DQ has Slime as a clear frontrunner in both regions abd agreed by almost all fans, FF has a broken Base at the best of times, and I don't think any choice could please as many as Slime would... Even I'm the West! Other games don't even get a look in when it comes to iconicness so I'm not even gonna go there... Except Space Invader, but shhh, they don't even touch the ground!

While I'm sure some would say SE are protective (they are) DQ has been given to a number of developers for this 30th including Omega Force... If a Musou
Game can come of it I don't see why something as prestigious as Smash would be snubbed.

Want (clearly) 100%

Slime has some much potential it's unreal, and Sakurai is a DQ fan so he knows it! And ofcourse I'm a huge DQ fan which certainly helps!

I mean a game with the original videogame character (unless you count Space Invaders again, but they don't exactly have much character now now, do they?), the first real platforming (as we understand it today) character and the first JRPG enemy (again, as we understand it today) all in one game... That would be a sight to behold!

I know it's hard to imagine for a non-fan, bt trust me if it happens, you'll understand immediately what we were on about!

I'm not a regular so I won't predict, but Bub and Bob are way glow Space Invader on the SE totem polecand I dismissed everyone but DQ and FF... That should say something about their chances.

Nomination Spyrox5, because he's criminally low compared to Ray, especially after the Amiibo Skylanderss thing.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Slime chances 1%
Geno hurt his chances because he is the most requested square Enix character since brawl he tied with Megaman in sakurai brawl poll (wich is something very high) slime is way too far for what people has requested for a 3rd party character even japan request Geno than slime also Geno is a part of Nintendo that's mean getting the right to him would be easier than any other square Enix characters and we should not forget that SMRPG was important than Mario sport mix and fortune street in Nintendo history also if it's not going Geno It's going to be black Mage because he is a video game legend and final fantasy has more than 70 games and it's popular outside of japan Dragon quest games are just on japan we rarely see dragon quest that releases worldwide so he is like goemon also slime doesn't even have a hand or feet he can't grab and he is just an enimey and not the hero of the dragon quest series wich is really weird but he is the mascot

Want 11%
Yeah I kinda want him in but not before Geno and black Mage does if we are going to get a square Enix character

Nomination
Nester x5
Donkey kong jr. X5

Last edited:
double abstain. I know very little about the character.

probably the 2nd highest chance after black mage though so he has that going for him.
I dont think his lack of limbs would be a problem TBH if he had his own game. gelatinous potential in stretching and transforming or something.

prediction 3.14%

noms
agnes oblige 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The NX is only 3 years away though.
This NX stuff is confusing. @_@
I thought it was probably 2, if it's 3 that's a different matter, but announcing a console next year, then talking about it for another year before finally releasing it a year later seems just too long unless it's something really revolutionary. If it is two years ready for winter then I still stand by my prediction. 1 more pack that's already planned, 2 more packs of ballot takes us to next E3, another for luck perhaps and then I think the staff will be tasked with making something for the NX because they really want it to launch smoothly. Thanks to Smash being Wii U and 3DS I think whatever console it is it'll probably be the death for this smash iteration... but I guess they could have more packs, I'm just not predicting it (5-6 packs is quite a lot anyways).

And yes, NX is confusing.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Slime chances 1%
Geno hurt his chances because he is the most requested square Enix character since brawl he tied with Megaman in sakurai brawl poll (wich is something very high).
Geno doesn't hurt anybody's chances, because he has none.
Even the fact that he was as popular as Mega Man some years ago and didn't even receive representation as a sticker speaks for itself.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Slime
Chance- 2%
Comes from a fairly important series with a good Nintendo track record… but this is Square Enix we are talking about. Good luck getting the rights. Don't think the amount of ballot support merits the effort, nor do I foresee much more in the way of third parties.
Want- 5%

Bub/Bob Predictions- 4%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Geno doesn't hurt anybody's chances, because he has none.
Even the fact that he was as popular as Mega Man some years ago and didn't even receive representation as a sticker speaks for itself.
thats just your opinion because Geno has a chance there is nothing that prove that your 100% right and you didnt come from the future I am smelling some hate from your comment
because he is a square enix thats why he didnt have a sticker

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
thats just your opinion because Geno has a chance
because he is a square enix thats why he didnt have a sticker
Surprise! He is still a Square Enix character!
He is in the same situation, oh wait, no, because his game is older, more irrelevant and he is not even popular now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He is still popular the fans keeps him alive to this day I even saw some kids from this generation that knows him already
And kids are going to have an impact on Geno's chances in Smash, kids who probably don't know about forums or the ballot.

Yeah, sure, we can buy that.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
And kids are going to have an impact on Geno's chances in Smash, kids who probably don't know about forums or the ballot.

Yeah, sure, we can buy that.
That's just Your "opinion"
The keyword being "some," not "all" or even "most."
i am not everywhere around the world and not all kids are gamers so I used the word "some" and this word is better than saying "few"
I know you are in denial.
Geno would be cool... but it will not happen.
It's OK.
and you still can't prove if he is going to be added or not you can use the word "unlucky" but you can't use the word "impossible"

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Slime:
Chance: 0.2%
Are you serious? I'll give Dragon Quest's enemy mascot a score of 0.2%.
I'm not even going to bother explaining myself...

Want: 0.3%
Again, are we really doing this? What possible reason could I have to want this little guy over any remaining first party character that Sakurai hasn't included on the roster? There are still plenty of deserving Nintendo characters out there.

Prediction - Bub or Bob: 2.8%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
Slime
Chance- 1%

What hasn't been said yet?

Want- 20%

It would be a bit bizarre, but if they really wanted to I'm sure they could make something work.

Nominate

Rerate Snake x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's drop Geno until he's actually re-rated. Though a ~4% chance doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

:231:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
SLIME ~
Chance: 0.3%

It is a 3rd Party and a rather obscure one, with somehow a huge cult following, but I do not believe it is big enough to get a shot at Smash, but with the help of the Ballot, I give it 3 semi points, so conclude 0.3 %

Want: 0%
Sorry, not much of a Dragon Quest fan, I remember playing one of the games on my PS2, it was fun for the time, but I did not get attatched at all, sorry.

Bub Predictions: 7,45%

Nominates: Doshin the Giant x3
Black Shadow x2

Top Bottom