• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Gardevoir
Chance: 10%
Want: 10%

Well her Poke Ball summon is still MIA. I'm kinda surprised they're taking as long as they are if she's just in the same role as before. Maybe the website should actually reveal new content beyond songs, and a newcomer instead of regurgitating stuff that's already known. She could get in through popularity and not silly quota like being a Gen III Pokemon. She was part of my Alpha Sapphire team, but I'm not too crazy about her. That Gothitelle echo nonsense is fake. That Anon claimed it wasn't Simon getting in but Richter. Not to mention the nature of obtaining the demo is just ridiculous.

Reinhardt gets a trophy
Want: 100%

The Smash team has made trophies for characters that don't have a 3D model. I don't see it acting like a hurdle for Reinhardt. Here's this video that delves into the history of Reinhardt in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Reinhardt in FEH is great. I wouldn't be surprised if Thracia 776 ever gets a remake, IS would allow players to recruit Reinhardt.

Nominations
Black Knight as a boss character x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Gardevoir

Chance: 40%
It's popular, for the wrong reasons, but popular nonetheless. However, it's also from a long passed generation and isn't as relevant to Gamefreak that much. I highly doubt they would pass on picking a Pokemon from their big 20th anniversary game for a 15 year old character.

Want: 0%
It really doesn't interest me at all. It's design and abilities are a bit boring to me. Plus, I rather get more recent Pokemon.

-----

Reinhardt Trophy

Chance: 50%
As far as trophies go, he has as good a chance as any. With the popularity of Fire Emblem Heroes, I'm sure we would get more trophies for that series and a good chance to get ones from more than just the most recent game.

I love collecting trophies. The don't really take much time or resources to make, so there is no downside to getting more and more.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gardevoir:

Chance: 1% - I don't see it happening, especially since Sakurai usually takes from the generation coming up, asking The Pokemon Company for Pokemon concepts to choose from. Maybe if Gardevoir did well in the ballot, but I'm still not sure if TPC would comply; it just seems like marketing stuff, idk. I could be wrong about all this, though, and I hope I am because Gardevoir would be cool along with Gengar.

Want: 90% - I would be happy with Gardevoir's inclusion, as it's one of my favorite Pokemon; however, if we were to only get one more new Pokemon in a Smash game, I'd want Gengar first. (If Gardevoir get's in first, however, make sure Gothitelle is an echo :troll:)

Reinhardt (Get's Shafted to Trophy Status!): Abstain on both; I don't even know who he is, as I haven't played any Fire Emblem games. However, FE seems cool, so I wouldn't mind any FE stuff at all.

Nominations: Minecraft Steve? x5

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Gardevoir

Chance: 5%
One of the more popular Pokemon choices and also from an under-repped generation. There's also a yet-to-be disproved leak going for her (not that I believe it). She's a great choice... however I think she overlaps with Mewtwo too much. Sure, other things could be done with her, but all Pokemon have large movepools that don't reflect their individuality well and Gardevoir might either wind up too generic with a bunch of TMs or too similar to Mewtwo. In his project plan for Smash 4, Sakurai said that he wanted newcomers that do new things. Gardevoir just doesn't seem to bring enough variety to the table to justify her inclusion alongside Mewtwo (though would make an interesting Mewtwo echo...).

Want: 50%
I really do like Gardevoir, but I think that she does overlap with Mewtwo a bit. I also prefer Gallade, but we know that's not happening.

--

Reinhardt Gets a Trophy

Chance: 50%
He's one of the most used characters in one of Nintendo's most lucrative games- repping Heroes in some way is a no-brainer. We've already got a song from it, but trophies too would make a ton of sense. It'd kill two birds with one stone- it'd rep the mobile game as well as satisfy fans of the series' older games.

What's the harm in it? It'd actually show way more introspection for them to give us a trophy of a character that is used highly in the metagame and has become a fan favorite than some random original character that the fans don't use as much. Sure, an Alphonse, Sharena, Veronica, or Fjorm trophy might be cool, but Reinhardt has been looked at by way more people on their phones for way longer. I'm all in!

--

x5 Nominations for Fjorm.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Gardevoir want: 0%

I don't care about this Pokémon. I don't think her design is that great. I'd rather just wait for a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Reinhart (assist?) trophy want: I don't care.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reinhardt trophy time. Shame it had to be a double day though.

Chance: 65%
It wouldn't be the first time something got into Smash due to memetic popularity.

- Magnemite is a pretty huge meme Pokémon in Japan, and it got its own trophy in Smash 3DS.
- Oliver is a fairly memetic Fire Emblem villain, and in Brawl he got his theme song, Power-Hungry Fool, in the game.

Add onto this just how strange Reinhardt's situation is (being a one-off NPC boss in the least played Japan-only Fire Emblem game, yet being one of Heroes' most used units, and even getting a second variant), and that Heroes is already confirmed to be getting content, and I think this has a good shot.

"Magic is everything."

GOTHITELLE BUT NOT UGLY
Chance: 15%

At this point, we're probably getting Incineroar or another Gen 7 Pokémon as our newcomer. If Gardevoir gets in, it will probably be DLC. Also I'm indifferent about Gardevoir.

"JUSTICE WILL BE DONE!"
Overwatch chance: 1%
Fire emblem chance: 1%
Overwatch want: 100%
Fire emblem want: 0%
Overwatch Trophy chance: 5%
Fire emblem trophy chance: 25%

OVERWATCH: I play this game quite a lot on Xbox, and it's extremely fun. Reinhardt is an honored crusader from Germany who served during the Omnic Crisis, with an interesting personality and massive power. He has a lot of moveset potential and carries a massive energy shield to protect himself and his teammates. He also has a fire strike projectile, a massive hammer, and can charge into his enemies for massive damage. The problem is that his game came out after the Smash ballot, and that he's barely requested. Also Overwatch has yet to appear on switch, which also hurts his chances. However, Jeff Kaplan, the creator of Overwatch has said that he wants the game to be playable on Switch, but he's unsure about the console's limitations. The most chance he has is in the form of a collectible trophy.

FIRE EMBLEM?: Since Opossum has been nominating a Reinhardt trophy, I've always thought he was talking about Overwatch, until I found out that a fire emblem Reinhardt exists. According to many other users on Smashboards, this Reinhardt is nothing but a meme, and after looking him up, he seems like a generic sword fighter. (which everyone is sick and tired of) If we're getting a new fire emblem character, make it the Black Knight. Also nobody voted for him.

Nominations: Xurkitree x5
This isn't for him as a playable fighter; it's whether or not he'll get a trophy. That and he's not a generic sword fighter...he's a Mage Knight, fighting on horseback with both his Meisterschwert and his Dire Thunder tome.

Nominating Box Theory x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think it’s unfair to exclude characters just because they’re from the same genre of games as Smash.
My reasoning for favoring fighting game characters less than non-fighting game characters is that I play Smash in order to embody a character I like in a way that has not been possible before. Even with a beat 'em up or musou game, one doesn't (typically?) get the chance to fight against another human-controlled character. Fighting games provide this experience, and thus adding a character who has already been playable in a fighting game does not offer a new way to experience said character. It merely offers an opportunity to have a similar experience against different characters or to bring them out of the obscurity of a very niche fighting game (e.g., there is a Castlevania fighting game.).

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Chance: 20%
While Gardevoir is a bit of a longshot, she is more popular than people give her credit for. Firstly, of the all the third gen pokemon, other than Kyogre, Gardevoir is the most popular in Japan. I know Sceptile gets thrown out a lot, but he is only really popular amongst the hardcore smash community (his popularity originating from the desired for a relevant final evolution grass starter and progressing from there). If Sakurai decides to go with a third gen poke, I believe Gardevoir is the most likely. The question then, is how likely will he go with a third gen pokemon? I think it depends on a set of factors, but it isn't implausible. One circumstance could be in that Sakurai combines all the pokemon votes and decides from that that "people want a new pokemon" and choosing to go to what he conceives to be the most popular pokemon based on the votes (which would be a third gen pokemon).

However he could also just decide that from poke votes, that people simply want a new pokemon and go with a new pokemon for publicity sake, or forsake the ballot altogether when it comes to pokemon. There is also the possibility that he decides to rep all gens in which case I see Gardevoir given for gen 3. Still for every circumstance that I see Gardevoir getting in, I see four circumstances that she doesn't get in. Fact is, the roster isn't looking huge and while I see Gardevoir being a valid third gen poke pick, I don't see her fairing well as simply a smash pick

Want: 90%
Gardevoir is the one pokemon pick I would be cool with (other than Blaziken). I simply don't see other pokemon being as Iconic. Also I like how she plays in Pokken and would love to see that translated to smash (as I prefer smash). In one attack, it spins forward in a dance and does an upper jab when you release the attack. Seeing that translate to a forward smash where it (while dancing) moves forward while charging an attack would be awesome. The only issue I could see with her implementation is if they make it too "kawaii." I like the idea of Gardevoir as a psychic dancer; I'm not much a fan of the more lewd characteristics the internet has given it.

Troykv

Smash Master
Gardevoir:

A bit of a long shot; but at least popular enough to don't immediately discarded; something that benefits them too it's the fact Gardevoir had their original game remade for the 3DS just a few years ago.

Want: 60%

I like Gardevoir; they're a cool Pokémon.

Reinhardt Trophy.

Chance: 40%

It's a bit tricky for the timing; but he became a meme in Fire Emblem Heroes very early in the game's post launch (like just a month after the introduction of Skill Inheritance); so it's possible.

Magic is Everything!

Nominations:

Black Knight as a Boss x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Gardevoir
I never really believed that leak way back when with Gardevoir. Not that Gardevoir's not popular, but it's chance has passed. With Gen 7 here, and Gen 8 on the horizon, Gardevoir has fierce competition, and would most likely be in the Pokeball cast again.
Want: 10%
I have nothing against Gardevoir, I just... don't find her necessary. Look, this is coming from someone who's main is Jigglypuff, but at the same time, doesn't really want Incineroar. I love the Pokemon series, but it's got quite a few fighters in the game at this point, and I feel it's fine with what it's got. Psychic is handled with Mewtwo, and Fairy for Jigglypuff. Gardevoir is fine, I'd just prefer another series get a fighter instead.

Reinhardt Trophy
Chance & Want: 50%
Uh... OK? It's a trophy, so... at the end of the day it really doesn't effect anything. Trophies are kinda wild cards, so I could see it happening, could see it not. Thus is the way of trophy life.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Guard of War

Chance - 20%. It's relatively high because it's possible that Sakurai may want to go for a long-time fan favorite, and Gardevoir... certainly fills that role. It isn't higher because there's no garuntee that's going to be what happens. Also Steven's Theme appearing on the blog hurs more than helps.

Want: 40%. I used a Gardevoir in ORAS and it was pretty useful. I would prefer Sceptile as a gen 3 Pokémon though.

The Heroes OC that isn't a OC (trophy)

Chance: 35%. It couldn't be too hard to add a trophy, and Rienhardt's random surge in popularity might catch Sakuraui's Eye. Also, Judgral lacks anything in Smash so he might do it for that.

Want: Abstain. I've played almost nothing of heroes, much less Tharacia 776.

Nominations: Cross Series Echoes x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gardevoir

Like Gengar, Gardevoir is another example of a Pokemon that is very popular but is not relevant at the moment. She was quite relevant in Generation 6 with her Mega Evolution and her prominence as Diantha's ace Pokemon, but in Generation 7? Nope, she's got nothing that made her relevant that generation.

I also noticed Gardevoir began to be talked about more frequently following a rumored leak that predicted Richter and said Gothitelle would be implemented as a Gardevoir Echo as well. Just today, I learned that leak apparently said Richter would get in but not Simon. Yep, that seems to throw the credibility of this leak out of the window. I've been skeptical of it even before then: while Gothitelle has a similar body-shape and abilities to Gardevoir, it's nowhere near as popular as some of Pokemon's most prominent candidates and is also far less requested for Smash.

We do know Sakurai has been looking more into a character's popularity when choosing newcomers this time around, at least if Ridley and K. Rool are anything to go by. Maybe he'll go with Gardevoir if that were the case, but even then, her Smash popularity isn't even that high. She even has to compete with Generation 7 reps who have the main advantage of being very relevant.

Her Pokeball status still has not been mentioned though, so she still has a chance. A big chance? I'm quite doubtful.

If we were rating Gardevoir in the Brawl days, I would've given her a 100% want score since she used to be my second favorite Pokemon during generation 3 and one of my top 5 favorites in generation 4.

However, my interest in Gardevoir has declined over the years. It's reached the point that I no longer like it as much as I used to, and I don't particularly care for it anymore. The fanbase is one of its reasons: I've noticed that with each passing generation, it's being more and more objectified as a waifu character than what the games want to depict it as: the kind, noble and courageous bodyguard that is incredibly smart and will put its life on the line when its trainer is in danger, even resorting to creating a black hole to make this possible. It was those aspects that drew me like the Pokemon in the first place along with having an elegant design and some awesome fighting capability, but now, I have a hard time associating Gardevoir with those traits with how a lot of fans have treated her these days. She just doesn't feel like a Pokemon anymore. It saddens me.

That aside, I'd also much rather have Gallade when it comes to someone from the Ralts family in Smash. Not only do I like him a lot more, but I also think he'd be much more interesting in Smash by utilizing an arm-blade moveset that also gives him a dual-wielding moveset because of his arm blades.

------

Reinhardt trophy

Chance: 60%

It's hard to predict, but I think there's a higher than a 50-50 chance of this concept happening. We've seen Sakurai implement trophies of characters that debuted in video games following when the Smash roster was decided on; it makes sense since creating a trophy doesn't take as much as time as making a full-fledged fighter.

Reinhardt's popularity rose quite a lot in the Fire Emblem community because of his overpowered capabilities in Fire Emblem Heroes, giving him meme status too. I can imagine Sakurai giving Reinhardt the trophy treatment keeping his recent surge of popularity in mind.

Heck, we're even getting Fire Emblem Heroes music in Smash Ultimate, so it's possible we might have some additional minor content in that game that references FE's mobile game.

I wouldn't mind it. A Reinhardt trophy makes sense. At the same time, I wouldn't care if Reinhardt didn't get a trophy. I'm completely ambivalent on the matter.

------

Nominations

Susie (Kirby): x5

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir
Chance 25% She has been popular enough to get a leak with her in it, and, even if it’s fake, you either have to be popular, obscure, retro, or a mix between the last two to be in a good leak.

Want 50% I don’t know enough about Gardevoir to feel like I can correctly rate her.

I really don’t care much about trophies. Even though I love to collect them, I don’t really care who gets in as a trophy.So I won’t rate a trophy.

Nominations:
Stanley the bugman x5

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
You know the second thing is for a trophy, right?
Ah. Didn't see that one. Thanks.
Ok maybe like 50% actually since I have a hunch we're going to get a boatload of AT's so they can focus on bringing fighters from AT Hell to the roster in Smash 6.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah. Didn't see that one. Thanks.
Ok maybe like 50% actually since I have a hunch we're going to get a boatload of AT's so they can focus on bringing fighters from AT Hell to the roster in Smash 6.
A regular trophy, not an Assist.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Gardevoir:

Pros:
I don´t know why some people think Gen3 is the most unpopular or so. In most Pokémon fan polls Gen3 usually does very good (mostly in the middle but sometimes even on top, though I have never seen it in last) and the sale numbers speak for it too. Sapphire&Ruby sold better than Sun&Moon and Black&White and the Gen3 remakes sold better than the Gen1 and Gen2 Remakes. Furthermore the Gen3 Remakes came out a few month after Smash4. Meaning when the Smash Ballot happened, the Gen3 Remakes were the most current games. The next games (Sun/Moon) would only release over a year after the Ballot already ended. And Gardevoir is definitely one of the most popular Gen3 Pokémon. In the big Japanese popularity poll (pre Gen7) Gardevoir ranked
39th being one of the highest Gen3 Pokémon on that list (only higher are: Rayquaza (8), Jirachi (14), Kyogre (19), Groudon (31) which all wouldn´t really work as fighters) Some high rankers already are confirmed as Pokéball Pokémon including Kyogre, Deoxys, Metagross and Lati@s. The biggest contenders left are probably Blaziken (51) and Sceptile (70). (Though don´t get me wrong, I know this poll isn´t the most accurate or anything. Likely many kids voting for the strongest Pokémon or for Pokémon they saw at an Event, plus memes like Magnemite and a heavy favour for Gen6 and the Pokémon in the Gen6 Anime at the time of the poll. But it does kinda show a bit that Gardevoir is indeed very popular in Japan)
I think Gardevoir has a chance, if it either did surprisingly well in the Smash Ballot and/or Sakurai wants to include a Pokémon from each Gen. In the latter case I could see Gardevoir being a good choice. With Ivysaur there isn´t an urgent need to include a grass starter. Furthermore it could borrow moves from Mewtwo and/or Zelda. And like this one “leak” said, it could have Gothitelle as an Echo. Which would be pretty much the best way to include a Gen3 and Gen5 Pokémon without a ton of extra work. While I don´t really believe the leak, that doesn´t mean that it can´t happen regardless, maybe without Gothitelle though.

Cons:
Personally I think Incineroar is currently the second most likely Newcomer, after Ken. While Pokémon is definitely big enough to justify 2 Newcomers, I don´t see it happening. Too many other more likely candidates with more hints behind them. At this point I expect Ken, Incineroar and maybe Geno and everything more is already a surprise. I do think Gardevoir has a chance, but a not very high one. If it makes it into the game, then through the Ballot in the base roster. I don´t see them adding it as a DLC fighter.

Want: 98%
Gen3 is my favourite Generation and I hope they see some representation in Smash one day. Also Gardevoir is one of my favourite Pokémon. And while I would be extremely happy to see it as a fighter in Smash, just because I like the Pokémon, I have to admit that there are more interesting, unique and better options. With Decidueye and Lycanroc there are even 2 Pokémon I like more and that I would give a slightly higher chance.

Reinhardt Trophy:
Abstain (Don´t know enough about Reinhardt and I honestly also don´t care about him or Trophies in general that much. Trophies are even harder to predict than fighters, pretty much everyone and everything could end up as a Trophy)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nomination:
Fjorm: 5x
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why can't he be assist?
Personally I think everyone would be cooler as an assist
But there's like a 90% chance anyone could be a normal trophy so it doesn't matter....
Nothing says he can't be, but that's not what's getting rated today.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gardevoir

Chance: 7%
If we get a non-Gen 7 Pokémon, it's definitely a candidate as it's risen even more in popularity since Gen 3 and has become pretty prominent in the main series itself for a time. It's Pokeball appearance is MIA, which could be helpful to it as we've had NPC characters get promoted in this game. However, that first part is the issue: It's not from Gen 7, and I feel that really hurts it standing as Pokémon is a revolving door when it comes to its choices. Due to that I don't think it'll make the jump as it's competing with more currently relevant candidates as well as other fellow popular Pokémon like Blaziken, so it's really in a tough spot.

I like Gardevoir and I think it has a great design and concept (ignoring the Mega), but it's not something I desire to see in the game over other Pokémon.

Reinhardt Trophy
Chance: 60%
His popularity skyrocketed with FEH and we know it's getting at least some content thanks to the Gear Up music, so it's entirely possible that he could get a trophy in response to that.

Want: 80%
Sure, I see no problem with having it. Reinhardt is a good character both in Thracia and FEH, and the former in particular could use a few more nods in Smash, so I'd be up for it.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gardevoir

Chance - 1.5% - The only real reason anyone is giving her the time of day is there is a supposed leak about her being in. She could simply be removed from the Pokeball rotation, it's not like that hasn't happened before. There is little reason to pick her, when more recent Pokemon exist.

Want - 50% - Could be interested, but I don't really care. I have other favorite Pokemon.

Reinhart Trophy

Chance - 0.25% - In a world where recycling assest for trophies seems to be the norm, making a unique one for this guy doesn't seem likely. He only recently came into the spotlight, too late, I think.

Want - 50% - I have no oppion. Who really cares about an individual trophy?

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Gardevoir

Ah, Gardevoir, the first Poke-waifu (for better or worse)...where is she? Was she deemed too unhelpful as a Pokeball summon and so got pushed out? Or was she simply not finished yet, even though she already has a model for them to work over? I ask because deciding "it's because shebecame a character" is the unlikeliest explanation one could go for. I mean, we got Ashley later - who's to say Gardevoir simply won't be another unnanounced Pokeball veteran?

Now, making Gardevoir a Mewtwo echo is actually pretty doable ( just substitute tail attacks with the dress+legs), but I don't see the 'mon getting much special love from either Sakurai or on the fan polls, so it'd be fairly unlikely for Gardevoir to squeeze in when the competition's so tight. This is especially considering just how many characters Pokemon already has, which already surpasses everyone else - it just doesn't have the time to go back to a previous generation that isn't one.

Want: 60%
Mewtwo echo would actually be pretty grand, because I really doubt Gardevoir could get away with being a unique newcomer otherwise. She's a Gen 3 choice I wouldn't mind seeing, but she also already has a Pokken version anyway to make up for it.

Reinhardt

Chance: 45%
More than one person in this thread thought they could do higher Arena without a Reinhardt counter.

"Gear Up For..." moves the timetable up for which FEH content could've gotten into Smash, which could have certainly included Reinhardt's sudden rise in popularity. While Sakurai is certainly not someone who falls for memes, he likely would've thought of Reinhardt if his trophy selection brainstorming passed over Fire Emblem Heroes in the past year. Still, Reinhardt is about as late to the relevancy deadline as ARMS is, and doesn't exactly represent the best of Jugdral by himself. On the flipside, he did already exist as a notorious no-death-stonewalling boss prior to Heroes, so it's not as if he had absolutely-zero recognition before his metagame rise.

The main hurdle in this case is having to create Reinhardt's model from scratch, making it the most work that a mere trophy would have to go through, but I doubt that that'd really be a factor unless circumstances are tighter than we suspect.

As if trophies are that much to hope for! I was hoping for a Breidablik item to accomodate all the FE characters that want to see, Reinhardt being a chief choice among them. It's a little tougher to recognize him alone, otherwise.

Nominations:
Sans (boss) x5

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Gardevoir
With limited time to develop playable characters it's likely only one Pokemon was added. While Gardevoir is a highly popular Pokemon, it didn't seem to be popular enough to make a significant splash in the fan created Smash Ballots. Looking at those ballots, it seems unlikely that there was a Pokemon that performed well enough in the official ballot to get the Smash team's attention. Even ignoring a certain leaker, it's quite safe to say that we'll have a situation similar to what happened in Smash 4 with Greninja. I think it's incredibly likely we'll see a gen 7 Pokemon as a newcomer in the base game. It's certainly possible Sakurai decided against that and went with a fan-favourite Pokemon, since the newcomer choices obviously have a focus on being crowd pleasing. However, Greninja was pretty well-received, so it seems safe to expect that the Smash team went down that route again.
Want: 45%
I'm not really a big Gardevoir fan and I'm more or less indifferent to its inclusion to the roster. At this point I just don't care too much about what Pokemon are made playable. Also, as far as moveset potential goes I'm not particularly interested in it. I feel like most of what the team would do with it has been done with Mewtwo. It has Fairy type moves in its arsenal, but I personally don't think the notable ones would be enough to heavily deviate from what Mewtwo does. I wouldn't mind its inclusion, but I'm not dying to see it make it in.

Reinhardt Trophy
It's worth noting we haven't seen trophies yet. I doubt they're gone altogether, but it's a bit strange that they haven't even been mentioned yet.
Reinhardt is a bit of a ridiculous addition, even just as a trophy. Basically all of his notoriety comes from his power and popularity as a unit in Fire Emblem Heroes. One of his biggest problems is that there's no model to reuse for his trophy. If the Smash team did decide to create unique models for Fire Emblem characters this game it's much more likely they'd add more important ones, like the characters that originated from Fire Emblem Heroes. Also, I can't see Sakurai being okay with including just Reinhardt, he'd likely have to come with trophies of more important characters from Thracia 776 like Leif and Finn. Sakurai does love his Fire Emblem, so it's definitely possible he went out of his way to make sure Reinhardt was acknowledged.
Want: 5%
I don't exactly like Reinhardt, to the point where I don't even really want to see him as a trophy. His popularity thanks to Heroes is just hilarious to me. He's really not much of a character and I don't really think his prominence in a gacha game should earn him this kind of attention. I'd tolerate him if his trophy was included alongside ones for other characters from classic Fire Emblem titles.
Okay, I'll be honest with you, one of the main reasons I don't think highly of Reinhardt is because his sword wielding alt is likely what lead to Finn being a free unit in Heroes. I don't like him because he's probably the reason I can't +10 Finn :laugh:.

D

Deleted member

Magic is Everything!
Chance: 70%
It's FEH's meme machine, if any character from FE without a 3D model is getting one, it's him.
I live and die for the ****posting and there would be something oddly poetic about having his games listed being "Fire Emblem: Thracia 776" and "Fire Emblem Heroes".

Nomination:
x5 Reinhardt as a DLC fighter

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Gardevoir
Chance - 20%
Want - 50%
The leaker that picked Richter was also the one who picked Gardevoir. There's at least some basis for consideration there. She is a pretty popular Gen 3 Pokemon and it's possible Sakurai decided to pick a Gen 3 rep that survived the test of time instead of banking on Gen 7. She has a shot. There's plenty of other Pokemon that I like more than her, but I think she could be a decent choice. The Gothitelle echo also sounds kind of nice since it'd give us Gen 1-6 representation.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ninten: 25% chance/50% want
Terry: 1% chance/0% want

Gardevoir

Chance: 1%

She's popular, but her generation is not the recent one. I still find a Gen VII newcomer to be a lock, and with spots getting slimmer, I also expect them to be the only one for Pokémon this time. There might be a slight chance Sakurai wants to add someone from III just because there isn't anyone from there yet, but even then, she has competition from the also popular Sceptile and Blaziken.

That said I'd honestly be down for it. Gardevoir's my favorite Gen III Pokémon by a pretty large margin and one of my favorites overall. I enjoy having one on my team, and I think she'd be a pretty fun fighter for me. I'd definitely take her over the other two popular choices from III as well, neither of whom I personally care about.

Reinhardt trophy

Chance: ABSTAIN

I have absolutely no idea.

I love collecting trophies. Any notable enough character getting a trophy will be an instant 100% want from me.

Just going to hold off nominating for now.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Gardevoir

Gardevoir is one of if not the most popular Gen 3 Pokémon out there. She's retained her popularity with most of her appearance in the anime, and showing up in a movie as a Shiny/Mega Evolution Pokémon, she was then available as a special movie event Pokémon for download. She's still hasn't appeared as a Pokéball Pokémon for Smash yet, which is peculiar, considering that she's so well known. While she is popular, she still faces fierce competition from the Gen 7 Pokémon, which lowers her chance by a lot.

My most wanted Pokémon overall for Smash (with Primarina, Lycanroc, and Zeraora gunning for 2nd - 4th respectively). I always made sure to catch a Ralts in Ruby/Sapphire whenever I can. "B-but we already have a Psychic type Pokémon, we don't need another Pokémon with the same type." Yet we're still gunning for Gen 7 starters, despite Pokémon Trainer being a thing again aren't we?

Plus she's also a Fairy type Pokémon, so we can get new moves, plus what if they find a way to give her, her abilities as a new mechanic (Trace, and Synchronize) imagine her randomly copying a Special move from the Foe except Up Special.

Again Gardevoir would be a great Fairy type for Smash, and since Jigglypuff, is sleeping on the job, and Primarina's appearance is uncertain (yet greatly wanted (by me at least)), who better to represent Fairy type Pokémon in Smash than Gardevoir? Yes, I can hear you just fine Sylveon supporter, please sit back down XD

Reinhardt

Chance: Abstain

All you want is a Trophy? Who am I to refuse such a simple request, I'd be down for that. More trophies are always fun to have.

Nomination - Amaterasu x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Spinning character model with some text next to it
Chance: How do I even rate this?
What: Seriously, why was this nominated? Rating him as a playable character would have been more entertaining.
Gardevoir also gets abstained from.

Phoenix Wright prediction: 12.3%
Noms: Louie x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What: Seriously, why was this nominated?
Because at this stage of speculation pretty much any new nomination would be getting double zeroes by most people anyway, or is a retread of an already-rated character.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Reinhardt is actually fairly rare in higher arena because he's not good for score. It's all dragons and armors up here.
Implying that it doesn't take just one uncountered Reinhardt to ruin a perfect Arena run? The meta's crept a long way since then, but people still respect the highest-power Brave tome on horse legs.

So are these scores bring tracked anymore? I can't seem to find updated scores anywhere
OP's life is too busy ATM to do any scores. We had a call for extra thread helpers sometime back to do them in the meantime, but it doesn't seem like anyone answered it.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Implying that it doesn't take just one uncountered Reinhardt to ruin a perfect Arena run? The meta's crept a long way since then, but people still respect the highest-power Brave tome on horse legs.
It doesn't. You can do higher arena without a dedicated Reinhardt counter.

I fear dancers way more than Reinhardt.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
FYI there will be a score update at some point soon. Don’t expect anything this month, but soon.

Also, let’s talk noms purge. At this point, we are reaching the tailene or speculation. I am open to a purge, but at this point mainly out of so many of these having a smaller shot at getting rated. This time I’ll leave it up to y’all. Let me know your position on that btvthe end of the month.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir:
Literally the only thing going for her is her pokeball hasn't been shown yet. Shes not even in the top 5 of the list for new pokemon in her own gen.
Shes behind all 3 starters, Medacham, Breloom, and Hariyama. And that's only for pokemon in her region. She's probably in the 30's or so for overall pokemon I want in smash rankings

Reinhardt as a trophy:
Im abstaining from him, but is it bad that I thought this was referring to the one from Overwatch?

Nominations:
Silvally x3
Zeraora x2

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Gardevoir

That rumor is debunked and even without it., she hasn't been requested that much. There are other Pokemon I'd rather have.

Reinhardt: ABSTAINED

Nominate Concept: Yoshi's Crafted World stage x5

Top Bottom