• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
others would complain because they want modern Pokemon Gens to get represented on the roster.
I don't think that would happen, based on the usual complaints of people. Pokemon Trainer didn't get complaints.

And also, we'll never know if we don't try. But, for example, Decidueye is a pretty beloved Pokemon from Gen 8. They could add that in the next Smash and people would be okay with it. You don't have to do all Gen 1 to have Pokemon people love, you just have to hold it for a few years and see what happens.
Because the number of reps in a franchise determines how unique another character from said franchise could be.
Again, every character can be unique, so when we have 10 unique characters from the same franchise, and given the choice between a unique character from a new franchise or an eleventh unique Pokemon, people are going to choose the former.
If variety is your main concern, then maybe we should ignore oversaturated franchises like Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda and just focus on smaller ones like Pikmin, KI, and XC.
I agree! All those franchises are oversaturated and have several issues with representation.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Shantae
10.25% Chance, 44.94% Want
Winner of predictions was @Velveeta Dream with exactly 10.00%
Last time we rated her she got 7.17% Chance and 48.96% Want. This time we got more Shantae fans coming into the thread, so I'd like to think that accounts for the increase in chance and not... a window. I can't really explain decrease in want, but it seems Shantae keeps getting more and more controversial. Maybe Matt Bozon and her fanbase should dial it down for PR reasons.

Professor Layton
32.56% Chance, 55.36% Want
Winner of predictions was waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi with 30.86%
Last time we rated him he got 32.96% Chance and 67.19% Want. Near identical chance, so that's impressive. Want decreased, which could be due to us being down to the last two spots and being pickier. One thing I noticed is a preference for Phoenix Wright - not from Phoenix Wright supporters, but rather from people with no horse in the race - so it's possible that with Square Enix and Microsoft out of the way and Capcom in the spotlight of discussion, the want and perceived likelihood for Phoenix Wright hurt Layton's scores (back in the day Layton used to pull in higher numbers than Wright).

Extra noms folks
Artix Artix 10
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 50
Delzethin Delzethin 5
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 40
Nemuresu Nemuresu 10
Neosonic97 Neosonic97 5
RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 5
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 5
shocktarts17 shocktarts17 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Ultomato Ultomato 5
@Velveeta Dream 10
waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi 5

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I checked and yes, you indeed won the 30 extra noms that day. I didn't list you or anyone who didn't use them that day - which could mean they were for use that day only - but screw it, use 'em.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Any Pokémon
Chance
: 0% - Want: abstain
- (any character from series already represented) There has already been Corrin, new first-party Fighter, as the last/second-to-last Sm4sh DLC. I think it was an commercial experiment and that it won't happen again. Because I expect a necomer to come from a new series and because Rex and ARMS rep have been rejected as too recent characters. Consequently, I think there won't be more than one new non-Echo Fighter per series in Ultimate.
- (any Pokémon) Pokémon has already 10 rep.
- (Melmetal) He has no reason to become a newcomer in Smash.

Nominations - Concept: Another western character x10.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Gen 8 Pokemon (and Melmetal)

Chance: 0%
While a Gen 8 Pokemon rep is plausible and all, I feel like the last two slots of the Fighter's Pass will be third-party characters. Even if we put at least one first-party character in the pass, there are a lot of competitions from the first-party series like Fire Emblem, Zelda or even Xenoblade.

Want: 5%
As much as I like to have a Gen 8 Pokemon in the game, I'd rather wait for a second Fighter's Pass to have them. As for which one, they only revealed a few Pokemon around this time, so I really don't know which one would represent Gen 8 besides the starters since it's already a given.

Prediction:
Edelgard - 15.91%
Byleth - 8.27%
Dmitri & Claude - 3.55%

Nominations:
Saber (Fate) x10

Troykv

Smash Master
Melmetal:

Chance: 1%

Damm this thing aged poorly as heck. I already forgot about it's existence until now. Pokémon always pick promotional picks; Melmetal already lose momentum for the time DLC was annouced. Poor guy xD

Want: 20%

Nah; he looks a bit dumb; and I'm not into Pokémon right now.

Gen 8 Rep: 40%

Pokémon SwSh is relevant and will be for at least two years, Pokémon pretty much has special treatment in Smash Brothers and if DLC has eventually First Party; Pokémon it's the safe bet. If we have DLC outside the FP this is a frontrunner.

Chance: 10%

I'm a bit sick of Pokémon SwSh nonsense; we essencially most of the Pokémon to improve some (and only some) cinematic animations; mostly for Leaders.

Pokémon always felt kind of dated and that is okay; but damn it feels bad more than ever.

_____

Same predictions as last time

Nominations: Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Melmetal

Chance: 40%
It came out around the time they were considering DLC, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility. However, its presence and interest in it has severely declined since it's initial appearance.

Want: 10%
It's not one I'm really into. They could do some interesting T-1000-esque liquid metal attacks which would be pretty cool, but it still isn't something I'm dying to get in.

-----

Gen 8 Pokemon

Chance: 5%
I still feel Gen 8 is too new for this game. We barely know that many of the new Pokemon and none of them really come off as Smash material. I don't think they'll throw in a completely unknown creature either.

Want: 2%
I don't see the current known Pokemon working as fighters and would rather not get a character nobody has even seen yet either.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Yeah, I did the math, and as it turns out, I'll only get it to x40 nominations by the time we're done. That's not good enough to survive the culling unless there's a recent nomination clause, so if it's gonna get culled anyway, then Sunflower x 5 and More Bosses x 5 instead, and saving my 5 noms for later. I'll edit my original post if that's the case.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Melmetal

He really only existed to tie in PoGo with Let's Go, and now will fade into obscurity for all time forevermore. The only pokemon that have a chance of getting in smash (if you ask me) are starters, legendaries, or EXTREMELY popular pokemon that get pushed really hard in the anime/merchandise/etc. Melmetal is not it.

Want: abstain
I like his design, but I don't want to put any percent here because I can't decide between "he's awesome and a steel type" or "i can think of like 30 pokemon that'd be a much better use of a slot." aka my rating is 0% and 100% at the same time

Gen 8 Mon

Chance: 20%
While I don't think we're getting any first party reps in the fighter pass, I do think that Pokemon is likely to get a new rep in the inevitable second fighter pass. If we do get a new Pokemon rep as DLC, it will either be a gen 8 mon or a gen 3/5 mon, IMO. Unless we get a Pokemon echo fighter as DLC at some point, then all bets are off.

Want: abstain
It really depends on who it is. If it's a grass type, then my want is at 100%. Considering Grookey's popularity, I think he's one of the most likely choices of the starters for Smash. If it isn't a grass type then it's just oversaturing Pokemon for no good reason. So, like Melmetal... meh.

Noms: Grookey's evo x 5

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Melmetal

Chance: 0%
Melmetal's window of opportunity to get into the game has passed. LGPE is no longer relevant so it's harder to see them choosing this.

Want: 0%
I'm not really interested in Melmetal. It's not something I'm dying to see in, but I don't care about it either.

Gen 8 Pokemon

Chance: 30%
It's this high because I can see them throwing one in as a shill pick like Corrin. However, they might simply be too new for the Fighter Pass and could be saved for a possible 2nd Fighter Pass instead.

Aside from Scorbunny, I'm not interested in seeing any of the confirmed Gen 8 Pokemon in Smash, although some Pokemon might be revealed that would get my interest. I'll have to wait and see.

Noms: Concept: More Fighter Passes x3, Concept: Spirits Aren't Deconfirmations x2

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Iron Giant

Melmetal is... in a weird territory. I can't really make up my mind if it was to late, or right on time. In the end, it's no matter to me, as Melmetal simply doesn't have enough to go off of. Sure, he has a moveset, like every Pokemon does, but he was born into a game that removed:
- Abilities
- Many, many moves
- Items like the light ball and lucky punch that interact with specific Pokemon
So Melmetal is missing a lot of things that would help to build a Smash Moveset for him. Granted, most of the time, Pokemon in Smash don't really use their abilities from the game, they usually rely on their anime appearances. But... Meltan is the only one so far from the line in the anime. Not Melmetal...

I'll be honest, I never played Let's Go. I have played with Melmetal in Pokemon Showdown though, so I think I get the gist of it. From what I've played with it, it's... unremarkable to me. It just comes off as another run of the mil Pokemon. In a game that already feels over saturated with Pokemon, I'd rather skip out on this one.

The Generation that Broke the Camerupt's back

You'll be seeing this exact percent the next day too. These guys were conceived way to late to be considered for DLC. However, Pokemon has it even worse than FE this time around. We have a general idea of the main characters for Three Houses at least. Pokemon though? A lot of the Gen 8 Pokemon are still unknown to us. Heck, we live in an era where we don't even know what past Pokemon will make it into the game. So what are our chances for a Gen 8 fighter? IMO, even less than 1%, but I'm preferring to keep the numbers rounded up this time, so 1% it is.

I'll admit, it's been hard for me to have any kind of good feelings towards Sword and Shield after the dex incident. I mean, these Pokemon from Smash aren't even confirmed in the game yet. :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultincineroar: And keep in mind, Smash often chooses the fan favorites for a Smash game. Now, I'm gonna try to put aside the fact that my Smash main of so long (:ultjigglypuff:) is potentially not in the latest game aside as to not be biased here, but... none of the confirmed Pokemon really interest me as a fighter. Wooloo is cute, yes, but not what I'd expect of a fighter. The starters still haven't even shown their middle stage forms. And the legends... seem a bit unorthodox. All of this, the missing Pokemon of which all are someone's favorite, the lack of Pokemon I think could work, and the overall presentation... has me really not into a Gen 8 fighter, let alone the fact that, again, none of them have proven themselves. Please, let characters make a name of sorts for themselves before we randomly throw them in Smash.

Predictions
I'm just gonna copy and paste them from the previous day.
Byleth: 15.01% - No one's really clamoring for him, but he is the lord of the game, so he'd likely be the inevitable pick.
Edelgard: 31.6% - Maybe I'm overestimating here, but people seem to be more confident with her. However, she's still FE, and we know where that goes.
Dimitri/Claude: 1.2% - Far less likely, no one talks about them, and there's no reason to choose them.

Nominations
Kamek x5
Captain Rainbow x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Keeping it short since I'm in an absolutely horrendous mood. Don't ask why.

Abstaining on Melmetal

Gen 8
Want: 75%

Its way too soon to add another Pokémon to the game. Especially one from a generation that isn't out yet. Considering the fighters pass is all 3rd party so far, I doubt this will happen. I still love the Pokémon series despite the recent events regarding the national dex and certain animations being reused. Yes it's disappointing, but it's not gonna completely kill the game for me. I play games because I want to have fun, and that's what's important. I recommend watching SilverLeagueNetwork's video on the situation, since he spreads a good message.

Fast forward to the #2 and #1 slots on the list.

(Insert my previous 3H predictions here.)

Heavy Weapons Guy x10

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Melmetal

Want: 5%

We haven't had a legendary Pokemon picked for the roster since Mewtwo and I don't think Melmetal has anywhere near the cultural cache. The best thing Melmetal has going for it is the Pokemon Go connection, but Smash has become increasingly un-risky when it comes to their Pokemon reps, and I don't think that's about to change. Then factoring in the DLC looks like it's going to be all 3rd parties, and I don't think there's almost any chance we see Melmetal have their day.

I would also appreciate if Smash didn't continue to focus on the most recent gen. Whilst I think Gen 2 is a hard Gen to pull from and Gen 5 as well. But the fact that Blaziken/Sceptile never made it into Smash is a travesty. And the idea of Melmetal making it into Smash before countless other more recongisable Pokemon is genuinely saddening. And in a worse way that when Incineroar made it in. I have no personal attachment to Melmetal and I really have no want to see them in the game.

Gen VIII Pokemon

Chance: 15%

If the pass is all third party then they have next to no chance. If Sakurai is saving these last two spaces for promotional picks then Pokemon is very likely. I don;t think it will happen, hence the still very low rating, but I'm going to allow for the fact that a gen VIII rep in general is more likely than Melmetal. Just based of Corrin last time, even if I don't think they'll replicate that.

This want score is only where it is because I want to see a grass starter get their time in the sun. I know Decidueye was based over because Sakura wanted to make a wrestler archetype. And if we are going to have to see a gen 8 pokemon, I'd rather it bring some symmetry to the game. Sure I'd prefer Sceptile, but if it makes everything all nice and balanced then I can live with Grookey's evolved form being in the roster. But that's about where my want stops.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Shillmon
Anything's possible but they wouldn't attract new audiences with another Pokémon, especially since SwSh aren't even out yet. It hasn't even been that long since we got Incinaroar, so adding another one so soon might not go over well. Probably likelier through seperate dlc.

I'm kinda feeling the Pokémon fatigue right now, not just on the roster. I'm one of those people who think the new games aren't looking so hot. And just like always, advertisement characters bad lol. I don't dislike any of the new Pokémon but please don't shove them in our character pool without second thought.

Mythical mon #87
Chance: 0.1%
What I just said can also be applied to this mon but even lower considering this one is specific. Anyway, the let's go games have already been acknowledged through spirit's and Mythical/Event Pokémon aren't the ones that typically get into Smash.

Same as before, and I also just don't really like Pokémon like this. Forgive me but, while I'm still a fan of the series as a whole, I haven't kept up with these newer games so I don't really know what this thing is or why it needed to exist as I'm just seeing another, forgettable late-series legendary Mon that will blir in my mind with others.

Predictions same as previous day

Adeline x10
Gene x5

toonito

Smash Ace
Melmetal

Pokemon reps in Smash tend to be starters; Mewtwo is the only mythical playable in Smash. Lucario and Puff are the only non starter pokemon playable in Smash (Pichu also fits but it's a pre evolution of Pikachu who was your starter in Yellow soooooooooo)

Want: 0%.

Gen 8 Pokemon

Chance 5%

IMO chance of a Pokemon from Gen 8 getting in Smash Ultimate is dependent on the existence of a 2nd Fighter Pass. In fact due to its timing, it's possible a Galar rep may join Hoenn and Unova as the regions without a playable character in a Smash game.

My expanded speculation on a Galar rep in Smash

pure speculation post

i'd be surprised if a Gen 8 rep got in Ultimate since so far we haven't had multiple new Pokemon debut in Smash since Brawl (:pt::lucario:), the precedent of Smash skipping generations with a playable Pokemon is there (Hoenn, Unova), and it seems that 2016 is the cutoff for playable characters with Incineroar playable yet Rex & Spring Man are not as their games debuted in 2017. So for Ultimate I'm leaning no. I could be wrong I'm just speculating here.

For Gen 8 reps in Smash it depends on when Smash 6 comes out

say it takes another four years for a new Smash to come out (SSB4 2014, SSBU 2018, SSB6 2022)

it takes about 3-4 years for a new Pokemon gen to debut (RB 96, GS 99, RS 02, DP 06, BW 10, XY 13, SM 16, SS 19)

If SSB6 comes out 2022 and Generation 9 comes out within 2022-2023 in line with past games then Gen 9 will get the nod as every Smash game has had a pokemon rep from the newest generation.

RB 96 (64, 1999)
GS 99 (Melee, 2001)
DP 06 (Brawl, 2008)
XY 13 (SSB4, 2014)
SM 16 (SSBU, 2018)

TLDR: not likely for Ultimate, possible for Smash 6, the longer it takes for Smash 6 to come out the less likely.

Again pure speculation

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would rather us get something like Meowth and Eevee that celebrates the better years of pokemon than a shill pick (No i am not a genwunner. Gen 4 for life)
Gen 1-3 for life, especially Gen 2.

Meowth would be perfect in Smash. He is practically the (albeit unofficial) mascot of Team Rocket. And he wouldn’t be like a “shill pick”.

Team Rocket seems to be THE criminal organization of the Pokémon franchise. Team Rocket seems to be the most recurring criminal organization in Pokémon games (RBY, GSC, LGPE, and USUM). It seems to me that Team Rocket gets more Pokémon merchandise than other criminal organizations. And of course the anime has a big influence on Team Rocket’s popularity.

Team Rocket Meowth for Smash!

36BB00D0-19D4-49C5-8AF9-EC8064610D76.jpeg

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Gen 1-3 for life, especially Gen 2.

Meowth would be perfect in Smash. He is practically the (albeit unofficial) mascot of Team Rocket. And he wouldn’t be like a “shill pick”.

Team Rocket seems to be THE criminal organization of the Pokémon franchise. Team Rocket seems to be the most recurring criminal organization in Pokémon games (RBY, GSC, LGPE, and USUM). It seems to me that Team Rocket gets more Pokémon merchandise than other criminal organizations. And of course the anime has a big influence on Team Rocket’s popularity.

Team Rocket Meowth for Smash!

View attachment 232730
You can add Pokemon Go to that list as of this weekend too, Arcadenik.

Team Rocket have taken over the mobile game and Meowth, Koffing and Ekans are all appearing with more regularity in my area.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You can add Pokemon Go to that list as of this weekend too, Arcadenik.

Team Rocket have taken over the mobile game and Meowth, Koffing and Ekans are all appearing with more regularity in my area.
See? This bolsters my belief that Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing should be the playable Pokémon if and when Team Rocket (Jessie & James, it has to be them and not generic Grunts) get in Smash as a newcomer.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
See? This bolsters my belief that Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing should be the playable Pokémon if and when Team Rocket (Jessie & James, it has to be them and not generic Grunts) get in Smash as a newcomer.
To be fair I feel between Yellow and the Let's Go Games Jessie and James have enough game appearances to warrant it over a generic grunt even if they are a little confusing with their origination as anime characters.

I do find it interesting that Koffing and Ekans are still the most iconic Rocket Pokemon outside of Meowth despite Wobbuffet's longer(and arguably more dynamic) inclusion in the team. Still, give me Team Rocket with Meowth at the very least and I'm more than happy.

Throw in Ekans/Arbok and Koffing/Weezing and we've got a very solid addition to the Pokemon roster that both avoids feeling like a shill pick, speaks of Pokemon's legacy and would be fun to play as.

My only demand is Meowth can dig pitfalls like Villager.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I do find it interesting that Koffing and Ekans are still the most iconic Rocket Pokemon outside of Meowth despite Wobbuffet's longer(and arguably more dynamic) inclusion in the team. Still, give me Team Rocket with Meowth at the very least and I'm more than happy.
Oh yes! Wobbuffet could still have a place in Team Rocket’s moveset... maybe as a counter like Peach’s Toad since that’s Wobbuffet’s speciality.

My only demand is Meowth can dig pitfalls like Villager.
I can’t believe I never thought of this. It’s fitting because Team Rocket usually dig holes to trap the twerps. Maybe it could be a down smash move instead of a special move.

Fun fact: Meowth and Ekans can learn Dig from a TM.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is the only mythical playable
Mewtwo is not a Mythical.

Mythicals are a distinct subtype of Legendaries that are typically only distributed at events.

Notably, the Mythicals are as follows:

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta, Volcanion, Diancie, Hoopa, Magearna, Zeraora, Marshadow, Meltan and Melmetal.

Of those, Mew, Deoxys, Every Gen 4 Mythical except for Phione, Every Gen 5 Mythical and Marshadow are all represented in Smash (Manaphy and Shaymin are stage elements for Kalos Pokemon League and Unova Pokemon League respectively. The rest are Pokeball Pokemon).

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Memetal
Chance: 0.1%
Remember when people thought Sceptile would be Smash 4 DLC because he was in a recent game? Fun times...
But seriously, there's no reason for this thing to be in the game anyway since in game already got advertised in Smash. (Partner Pikachu/Eevee Spirits.)
The last thing Smash needs is another Pokémon. Give us something else.

Gotta Shill 'Em All
I would say this is too recent, but Corrin happened so who even knows. If we get any more first party characters, it'll probably be something from this game. But right now, it doesn't seem likely that we'll even get any first party characters.
It's hard to want something from a game you can't even play yet. Not that it would change much since the franchise already has 10 playable characters.

B: 12%
C: 1%
D: 1%
E: 10%
Noms: Another western character x10

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yeah, although honestly it would have been better if Geno was rated now because he is having a MAJOR uptick in chance after the Mii Costume disappearance.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Okay, it has been two whole days now and there have been 0 posts. Is day 311 ever gonna come? Do we need a new host?
I'd imagine part of the reason for the delay would be the Hero's release (and maybe to a lesser extent, Fire Emblem Three Houses), so everyone's busy with that.

But yeah, we could probably use a change. I believe the next characters to be rated were the Three Houses reps, so maybe people want to actually get a taste for these characters within their actual game before rating them.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah, although honestly it would have been better if Geno was rated now because he is having a MAJOR uptick in chance after the Mii Costume disappearance.
Actually, I feel the opposite. Getting his Spirit in the base game but no costume coupled with SE already having Hero makes me think the costume was just cut altogether.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
There was literally no reason to cut the costume. combine that with the starling leak and we have a pretty solid foundation.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Read the Gen o thread, but basically Sabi's source posted an image of a starling and confirmed it as a hint. They also posted a Bear and Bird as a hint towards Banjo and 'Puzzle witch' as a hint towards Bayo. That, plus that they confirmed it was a hint the day the Hero dropped WITHOUT the mii costume, and it seems like the Star-Sent savior is coming to Smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There was literally no reason to cut the costume. combine that with the starling leak and we have a pretty solid foundation.
For starters, how can you act like the Mii Costume means something but ignore his Spirit? If the Mii Costume wasn't included because they knew Geno would be playable, then why bother giving him a Spirit?

Second, a picture of a black bird on a roof is pretty vague. The only reason Geno supporters think it's meaningful is because the bird is supposedly a Starling. How many video game characters could a star refer to?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Read the Gen o thread, but basically Sabi's source posted an image of a starling and confirmed it as a hint. They also posted a Bear and Bird as a hint towards Banjo and 'Puzzle witch' as a hint towards Bayo. That, plus that they confirmed it was a hint the day the Hero dropped WITHOUT the mii costume, and it seems like the Star-Sent savior is coming to Smash.
The starling really isn't definitively pointing towards Geno. It's a picture of a bird on a roof, nothing more and nothing less. And as Cosmic77 Cosmic77 said, it's so vague that it could refer to anyone. To give an example, that particular kind of starling is an invasive species in the US - in other words, an alien in America. Which (spoilers that most likely no one cares about) Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X is.

. . .This is probably coming off as a bit too harsh. I'm not telling you to give up hope entirely, but don't take that picture of the bird to be a strong hint towards anything. I personally would love to believe it being about the example I gave instead, but I don't really believe it.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
For starters, how can you act like the Mii Costume means something but ignore his Spirit? If the Mii Costume wasn't included because they knew Geno would be playable, then why bother giving him a Spirit?

Second, a picture of a black bird on a roof is pretty vague. The only reason Geno supporters think it's meaningful is because the bird is supposedly a Starling. How many video game characters could a star refer to?
why cut the mii costume when we KNOW they have the rights to geno. there would literally be no reason. Plus can demand is still very much there. And how many video game characters could a Bear and Bird point to! Point is, don't count him out just yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

It's possible the Spirit was added before they knew about or finished DLC stuff.

With the fanfare the costume got last time, and Sakurai's kind words on it, I'm surprised people don't think it's at least a little strange that it's gone, even ignoring whether or not it increases Geno's chances.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If we do move on to the Three Houses reps can I recommend giving us extra time for their day as a week may not be long enough for everyone to get to know Byleth, Edelgard, Claude and Dimitri. I want to see a decent chunk of the game before writing up their rating rather than just 'Fire Emblem, lol 0%'

Regarding the Starling leak...I'm assuming there's something more concrete than 'star' being part of the birds name to link it to Geno? I'd check the thread but that thing moves so darn quick and with all the fuss of the Geno Mii outfit going it's a little confusing on what the current situation is.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Geno will not get a rerate at this time. We just rerated the character and it you feel we need a rerate nominate him.

As for the long day, three houses and I decided to give an extra day to play with Hero.

Day will end 6 am EST.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Besides, while I'm willing to let it slide, how do you explain Hero getting in (to many people, at Geno's expense, even if I don't see it that way)?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Besides, while I'm willing to let it slide, how do you explain Hero getting in (to many people, at Geno's expense, even if I don't see it that way)?
The simple answer is that panic rerates outside of fixed schedules are generally avoided. People can have knee jerk reactions so I tend to avoid them. After the noms purge, people are free to nominate Geno should they want to.

Day over, it’s three houses time.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Double posting just to give a firm warning. All spoilers must be in spoiler tags today. If you fail to meet that, your post and noms will not be counted and I will be very upset.

Also predict concept: tekken rep and concept snk Rep

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm abstaining, haven't played 3 Houses yet, and I already stated my opinion on the 3 Houses rep.
Nominations: Specter Knight x5

Top Bottom