• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The trademark seems to specifically be about Custom Robo: Battle Revolution as this guy points out. The trademark's Goods and Services lists "Compact discs and optical discs." It was only a thing for this particular Custom Robo game. Were it just "video game software" and nothing about discs, then yeah Custom Robo as a series is dead.
Thanks for the info Kotor Kotor , great to hear! I hope this news gets around so nobody else assumes that Custom Robo died with its trademark not being renewed, because according to that, Ray is still fair game. Just hope that there aren't any biased decisions with the original announcement. Ray is one of my top picks, personally.

I don't know who they are.
If you don't know who they are, that is always fine. You may simply abstain from the voting until you come across a character that you know. Each day has a set schedule on who will be rated by the Smashboards community, and if you would like a Rabbid to be rated, great! Just make sure that you leave nominations for it at the end of your post*, and we'll all be there to rate it with you. If you don't agree with these guidelines, just post your rating in the Rabbid support thread instead, thanks.

*as long as you leave a valid rating for the characters at stake, according to the thread rules. Researching is a viable thing to do as well, instead of choosing to go against the tide...

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How do the nomination purges work? I personally haven't been part of Smashboards long enough to witness one...

And GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , with the Custom Robo trademark not being renewed, what do we do with Ray and his nominations (Please keep him, I'd still love to vote for him, and I literally just got out of nominating him before the news broke...) And even if we don't rate him, I personally believes his lack of trademarking would honorably place him in the graveyard instead of being forgotten. He went from being an Assist Trophy, to being absent, to being left to rot... RIP Ray. What do you think TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom ?
This is certainly unprecedented, but as Kotor Kotor helpfully pointed out, it seems it’s not all over for our little Robos. I think I’ll keep Ray on the list, but I’ll let you know for sure by the end of the day.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hilda
Chance - 25%
Being a simple (very simple) recolor of Zelda definitely helps her being an echo. The moves would probably have to be renamed and recolored, but otherwise, it'd work. Though I don't know how popular Hilda is, if she's even on the team's radar to be an echo, as the few we've gotten are slightly high hitters in terms of support.
Want - 40%
Being an echo means she'd be little effort. Thus, I... really don't care for her. I wouldn't be against her for say, but I don't think watching a trailer with her revealed as an echo would make me say "wow, that's a character that will really leave an impact on me." No offense to those who are fans of her, just, she doesn't do anything for me personally.

Impa
Chance - 30%
In my opinion, if we were to get a new Zelda character, it'd be either Tingle, Skull Kid, or of course, Impa. With Tingle out of the running with Great Bay, and Skull Kid... in a weird state of limbo until we see the next office direct, Impa is in the running for the most average chance. While she could be original, it'd be much easier to make her a Sheik echo. I could see that, especially since she is a reoccurring character throughout the series.
Want - 60%
I think Impa deserves a spot. Whether or not that's as an echo or original is up to debate, but in some form, I can completely see. I'd be especially warmer to her being an echo, as she wouldn't be taking one of the last few original character slots left.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Hilda

Chance - 0.25% - Outside of a missing pallet, there is very little evidence for her inclusion, and she was never popular in the first place. Unless there really is a need for her as an echo, there's no reason to do so.

Want - 20% - Normally I'm nutrall on echos, but this just feels like a waste of space. Nobody, as far as I know, cares about her.

Impa

Chance - 65% - A reasonable echo choice. She's been popular and demanded, for giving the Zelda roster a fresh face that's not a Zelda or Link. Not enough to get in as a unique character, but definitely as an echo. Given the majority of similarities she has with Sheik, giving that would be seen as giving a bone to Zelda fans.

Want - 50% - Eh. Don't care.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5
I mean she (Hilda) did make top 10 echo fighters in this popular reddit poll that is going around even beating characters like Birdo who’s pretty known so tbh I don’t think it’s fair to say no one likes her. I mean in total she scored over 1200 votes...

Anyway not saying she’s likely but she has a decent amount of fans.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Hilda
Chance: 15%
Hilda's gained popularity very recently as she has potential to be an echo for Zelda. I think her problem is that she's gained her fans way too late. So far, all of the 1st party echo fighters we've seen have been popular characters that were fairly common requests during the hype cycles of past games. Sakurai flat-out stated that Chrom and Dark Samus were added because he received many requests for them. It currently seems to be safe to say that the rest of the 1st party echoes will follow this trend. I think Hilda still has a small chance though, as she does make a quite a bit of sense as an echo fighter. She seems like she could be a likely choice for an easy DLC character later down the line.
Want: 25%
I'm not incredibly keen on Hilda getting in. A Link Between Worlds was a pretty great game, but she didn't really leave a lasting impression on me compared to the game's other major characters. She'd be a fitting choice for an echo fighter, but in my eyes she just isn't exactly prominent enough to warrant her inclusion. I personally feel like she would be most fitting here playing the same role that she played in Hyrule Warriors, as an alternate costume for Zelda.

Impa
Chance: 55%
Impa, to me, definitely seems like the most likely Zelda character we could see as an echo fighter from the Zelda series. She actually had a fairly sizable fan base during the Smash Ballot period. While fan polls don't put her incredibly high, she was likely the most popular character on the ballot from the Zelda franchise. Her Skyward Sword incarnation fits Sheik's moveset pretty well. From what we've seen, it seems like the Smash dev team is trying to have a variety of Zelda games represented through playable characters this game, so she could represent SS. While it likely means nothing, it's also worth noting that Sheik's final smash was changed to be a bit more generic instead of using the Light Arrows. As I said, this probably means nothing, since echoes can have different final smashes, but the new one would obviously fit Impa better than the Light Arrows.
Want: 70%
Impa's pretty cool in my opinion. Her Skyward Sword design looks really nice and interesting. She'd be a Zelda character that isn't one of the Triforce wielders, which is a big plus for me. The only problem I have with her is that she'd be an echo of Sheik, and I'm definitely not a fan of that moveset. It's always possible the changes she has to differentiate her as an echo could make her more enjoyable to me than Sheik is, I suppose.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Hilda:
Chance: 1% Outside of a missing pallet swap, there's not much going for her. I think the support for her is too recent to play a part in the game. She only really got popular once echo fighters were revealed, so I think she scored poorly on the ballot.
Want: 5% I have no attachment to this character. My literal reaction seeing her name was saying "Huh?" I would probably have the same reaction if she actually made it in.

Impa:
Chance: 10% She's an awkward case. In her Hyrule Warriors incarnation, she's too different from Sheik to be an echo fighter. However, that's the version most of her fans seem to want. Even if she uses her Skyward Sword design, I don't think she works as an echo. Thus, she's unlikely, especially if Skull Kid gets in.
Want: 40% Again, no attachment to the character, but she looks cool enough. I'm not rooting for her, but I think she would be fine in the game.

Nominations: No More Stages x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Hilda

Chance: 5%

While she'd be a pretty easy choice, she's not as popular or notable as other Zelda characters, and I think her big support came far too late. Even with Zelda's new look I think there's a good amount of other potential echoes that are more likely.

Want: 30%

I liked A Link Between Worlds and Hilda's a decent enough character. I think there are better echo choices though.

Impa

Chance: 50%

Will probably be a Sheik echo if she gets in, which would work. I think she's one of the more plausible echoes in general, as she's a fairly common pick and a recurring character. Again though, I'm not confident enough in most characters to rate them higher than a coinflip.

Want: 50%

I'd be happy for her fans, and I'd think she's earned the spot. I just don't really care much either way.

Nominations: Amaterasu x5

Starting to run out of things I'm interested in nominating so I might just help people with their noms after this.

Last edited:

SpyderSoup

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the info Kotor Kotor , great to hear! I hope this news gets around so nobody else assumes that Custom Robo died with its trademark not being renewed, because according to that, Ray is still fair game. Just hope that there aren't any biased decisions with the original announcement. Ray is one of my top picks, personally.

If you don't know who they are, that is always fine. You may simply abstain from the voting until you come across a character that you know. Each day has a set schedule on who will be rated by the Smashboards community, and if you would like a Rabbid to be rated, great! Just make sure that you leave nominations for it at the end of your post*, and we'll all be there to rate it with you. If you don't agree with these guidelines, just post your rating in the Rabbid support thread instead, thanks.

*as long as you leave a valid rating for the characters at stake, according to the thread rules. Researching is a viable thing to do as well, instead of choosing to go against the tide...
OK. It's just that I swear that the people were talking about Geno not too long ago.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
A bit late to the Hilda/Impa party, but hey- here I am?

------------

Hilda

Chance: 0-5%

It appears her popularity surged more prominently due to the official designation of the concept of Echo Fighters, as I have never really heard of Hilda being talked about anywhere than discussions about strange Zelda theories...and in these instances she was brought up more as being evidence versus being an interesting and desired character for Smash status. In this regard, I do not really see her as being on the field of radar for base-game prospective echo fighters.

Want: 50%

I never had the opportunity to play ALBW, and I do not really play Zelda in Smash Bros anyways, so my interest and want is technically 'none', but Fifty Percent feels to be the perfect resting point for 'eh, I don't care'. Personally, I feel that she is better suited to an Alph-style costume, thanks to Zelda's appearance change to the game in which Hilda originates...or just a normal zelda recoloring as seen in Hyrule Warriors.

------------

Impa

Chance: 0% (Hyrule Warriors) 20-30% (Sheik-Echo)

An odd one to really think about, given the dual implications. On the one hand, people really like the Hyrule Warriors design...though that whole game, in and of itself, is not exactly Canon (but when has that stopped any developer worth their salt from taking on fan-loved ideas from such?). Of the original characters and designs, Impa stands out and quickly became a fan favorite (but when your competition is Cia and Lana, that's not too hard to do)...but as for being a unique fighter with a fighting style based off of that game? I do not see it happening for the same reason I would not see a Hyrule Warriors-Ganondorf happening despite the want that I've heard for such.

A Sheik-Echo is more likely option, using a hybridized depiction based on Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword (Sheik Him/herself being based on an unused Twilight Princess design)...but, at the same time, I never really heard as much Sheik-Echo demand for Impa as I did for a HW Impa running around and hitting people with an overly massive sword that sprays water everywhere.

Want: 60% (Hyrule Warriors) 50% (Sheik-Echo)

Despite my ramblings about how Hyrule Warriors characters wouldn't have a shot of getting in? I'm in that camp that likes HW-Impa and I'd be happy to see her along for the ride...though I'm not so enthused by her as to outright support her. A Sheik-Echo, meanwhile? I've heard about how it could work...but I don't play as Sheik. It'd be nice for those who do, or do not like things about Sheik but like the concept of the fighting style...but I'm indifferent.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Hilda

Chance: 20%
I believe Toon Zelda will be the go-to choose for a Zelda echo. Hilda's a little too close as a recolor for comfort, and she's only had a single game to assert herself. While that hasn't stopped the likes of Shiek from getting in, A Link Between Worlds doesn't really stand out enough on its own like Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild do to inspire such an inclusion.

Want: Abstain

Impa

Chance: 80%
She has the one perk that most Zelda candidates lack: meaningful recurrence. She could have been left behind in history like every oher side character is, yet that's not what Nintendo chose to do with her. Perhaps she doesn't have as large of a support base as Skull Kid, but being able to echo Shiek lowers the bar immensely for her.

Want: 75%
I've said before that I wish she could've just replaced Sheik, but echoing her instead would do the job of expanding the Zelda character list just fine. Really, the only qualms people would have with her getting in first would be those who only wanted Skull Kid and no one else. Hard to argue otherwise when your most-wanted has either only shown up once or is Tingle.

Nominations:
Sans (boss) x5

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Impa:

Chances: 70%

She has a lot going for her. Indeed reoccurring is her best bet of getting in. As well as her being the most sensible newcomer from Zelda. Be it as a Echo Fighter or not. The fact all other Zelda character are from another game, and Skyloft being a stage helps a lot for Impa. As well as Sheik having a good move set to Echo, or at least to build Impa from. The ballot came during the time Hyrule Warriors was hugely relevant, and that game has been ported two times now. It’s been on all recent systems. So yes, she might even have gotten decent ballot votes in.

Want: 100%

One of my most wanted aside from Dixie and Isaac.

Hilda:

Chances: 15%

I mean the idea is cute. But she’s a one off and that hinders her chances greatly.

Want: 0%
Oh yeah Diddy Kong, you might want to include more sentences of reasoning for both wants if you want your scores to be counted...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa:

Chances: 70%

She has a lot going for her. Indeed reoccurring is her best bet of getting in. As well as her being the most sensible newcomer from Zelda. Be it as a Echo Fighter or not. The fact all other Zelda character are from another game, and Skyloft being a stage helps a lot for Impa. As well as Sheik having a good move set to Echo, or at least to build Impa from. The ballot came during the time Hyrule Warriors was hugely relevant, and that game has been ported two times now. It’s been on all recent systems. So yes, she might even have gotten decent ballot votes in.

Want: 100%

One of my most wanted aside from Dixie and Isaac. After her siginificant revival role in Skyward Sword, I began her support. Innitially, mostly on my own but the internet, being as wide spread as it is, got on with this idea and many more people now realise Impa is a great choice. She has been with the Zelda franchise since it's begin, and been in every game ever since outside of remakes. Even if I dislike her role as elder lady in the games when they could also go for a younger version, I like Impa and am certain she will remain within the Zelda franchise as one of the few reoccuring faces.

Hilda:

Chances: 15%

I mean the idea is cute. But she’s a one off and that hinders her chances greatly. There isn't much more ALBW content besides the look of Zelda. There's no stage, which easily could've used the gimmick of the game for example, and I don't think the lack of a costume based on Hilda will mean anything in the long run.

I mean, I obviously have a different character in mind when it comes to preferance in a Zelda newcomer, or Zelda franchise Echo in general.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Hilda

I don't think they're going to make Hilda as a Zelda Echo, in my opinion. I mean, I like the idea, but I just don't see anything that would make her different from Zelda aside from using a staff. Also, she isn't as popular as Skull Kid or Impa, so that really hurts her in the long run.

I don't know much about her.

Impa

Chance: 50%
I'm just gonna rate her 50% for now because I'm still iffy about her getting in Smash, especially since Skull Kid is lurking around. But yeah, out of all the Zelda characters I want in Smash, Impa is on the top of that list. They could have her work as a Sheik clone, which I wouldn't mind, but I'm fine if they make her a semi-clone of Sheik.

Want: 80%
Like I said, when it comes to Zelda characters, Impa is the one I'm expecting to appear in Smash. She's one of my favorite character of the series ever since I've played Hyrule Warriors and it would definitely make me happy to see her get in Smash.

Nominations:
Melemele Island Stage x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Can we rate like 3-4 characters a day to make up for the absences?

I'm in the mood for it.
Short answer. No.

Long answer. The current priority right now is revision of the front page again and our current schedule locked in. Should there be enough support, we will do more ratings next week. But for the next week, we got a schedule and we gonna follow it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Jin

Chance - 15%. I know nothing about Tekken, so feel free to correct me, but isn't Hehachi the mascot? Adding Jin before him would be like Chun Li over Ryu. I gave the 15% because like I said, I don't know Tekken (other than Pokken) so Jin could be the lead.

Want: Abstain. We've already established I don't know Tekken, right?

Nominations: Cross-Series echoes x5 (I'm interested on what people think with this)

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
SOME GUY NAMED JIM (or was it Jin?)
Chance: 10%

I don't know much about Tekken myself, but if one character from Tekken were to get in, it would be Heihachi. And I think we are fine with having Street Fighter as our fighting game representation. Also he got basically no support on the Smash ballot.

Predictions: Ninten: 0% (sorry Goodgrief741)

Nominations: Xurkitree x5

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Jin

Like Lloyd, Jin has his father, Heihachi, as a direct rival. Should Namco get a second rep in this game, Heihachi has already been set up as a high-priority character (what with the "almost making it into Smash 4" and all that). And beyond that, there isn't really anything else to consider, as far as Jin is concerned. No Mii Costume, no replaced alt costume, no missing Assist Trophy, nothing of the sort. I suppose anything's possible, but I would be legitimately surprised to see Jin in this game.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Grandson of the Iron Fist

Let's face it - granddaddy's the face of the franchise.

While Jin's the second most recognizable face of the franchise, everyone who isn't Heihachi is not likely. The only time I've even seen Jin favored over Heihachi was in SCV (please let SCVI not be a ****show), where Devil Jin was added as a custom moveset, but nothing for Heihachi. And even then, it wasn't Jin.

Heihachi's got the visibility, the name-drop, and the Mii costume (granted for his weird younger version). Jin has none of that. Probably the best he could hope for is an assist or boss of his devil form, and that's it.

And to address the want score: I'm still hoping that Nightmare/Siegfried (or Ivy) could be Namco's next, despite Soul Calibur being a much less important franchise for Namco. So unimportant that they had to beg for this reboot, and the series will be dead if it doesn't do well.

Nom: Dovahkiin x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Jin
Chance: 1%
Heihachi already was considered. Pretty sure all the flaws Heihachi has apply to Jin as well, so I don't see Sakurai changing his mind when it comes to a Tekken rep and going for him instead. Not to mention is that Heihachi's probably more iconic to the series. I also can't imagine him being an echoe of his old man as they don't play anything alike from what I've seen

Want: ABSTAIN

Ninten: 23.48%

The prince x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
First things first, No More Stages is staying. There is discussion to be had, so there will be discussion. Also, seeing how the alleged Custom Robo situation was a non-issue, Ray is also in the running.

Concept: Hanafuda Character x287
Rowlet x285
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x256
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x255
Ray (Custom Robo) x232
Linkle x227
Thwomp x226

Over 200

No More Stages x221
Amaterasu x216

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Papyrus x180
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x175
Louie x175
Rick/Coo/Kine x174
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x172
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Dovahkiin x130
Reimu Hakurei x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Zeraora (Pokemon) x113
Gooey x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x105
Edelgard x105
Susie Haltmann x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Chorus Kids x77
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
Silvally x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Black Knight as a boss character x70
9-Volt x67
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Leo (Fire Emblem) x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Adeleine x39
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x39
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x38
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Sans as a boss character x35
Kyo Kusanagi x35
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Box Theory x24
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Concept: DLC character pass x20
Concept: Cross series Echoes x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
The Prince (Katamari) x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Stage: Melemele Island x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Concept: Stage Builder x8
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Joker (Persona) x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Steve? x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Quote x1
Blog Theory x1

Ray flies past Linkle and Thwomp and lands in fifth place. Linkle also takes sixth from Thwomp.

Our newcomers for the day are... a rerate of Steve? With 5 noms, and Blog Theory with 1.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Jin Kazama
Chance - 10%
I guess on the off chance that Heihachi gets in and the Tekken series gets a second fighter, then maybe? But otherwise, with Heihachi being the most likely candidate, Jin's chances are low. I'm going to assume that if that were the case, Jin would be the second most likely? I wouldn't know who they'd add after Heihachi honestly.
Want - Abstain
I don't know the Tekken series enough to rate it on it's own merits, though if I were to rate it on the basis of there not being many spots left on the roster, and having more wanted characters... well, he wouldn't get a high rating.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Jin Kazama

Chance: 10%
I am pretty confident that Heihachi will be playable at some point in Ultimate (most likely DLC). While he is the face of the franchise, it would feel weird for the only Tekken rep to be one of the main antagonists. Assuming Heihachi made it in, I feel like Jin or Kazuya would be added as well since they'd counteract this and are are very popular as well. In regards to Jin or Kazuya, Jin would probably have higher priority. I can just imagine a trailer showing off Heihachi, only for it to cut to a cinematic of him facing off against Jin sort of like how Richter was shown off in the middle of Simon's trailer.

I know very little of the Tekken series so I won't comment.

Chance prediction: 20.26% (Ninten)

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not Heihachi

There is no way anyone from Tekken gets in over Heihachi. He is the face of the franchise, the most iconic character and the most important too. He is also one of the few examples of villain protagonists, and would add more villains to the roster.

I don’t think Heihachi will be in before DLC anyways, but even if he got in, I don’t see Tekken getting two unique newcomers. And obviously Echoes are not an option, this isn’t Street Fighter.

Want: 7%
I really only want third parties if they’re iconic, plus Jin was always kind of a bland character to me.

Ninten prediction: 25%
Here’s hoping they don’t trash him like they did Black Shadow.

Nominations: LeoX5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
First things first, No More Stages is staying. There is discussion to be had, so there will be discussion. Also, seeing how the alleged Custom Robo situation was a non-issue, Ray is also in the running.

Concept: Hanafuda Character x287
Rowlet x285
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x256
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x255
Ray (Custom Robo) x232
Linkle x227
Thwomp x226

Over 200

No More Stages x221
Amaterasu x216

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Papyrus x180
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x175
Louie x175
Rick/Coo/Kine x174
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x172
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Dovahkiin x130
Reimu Hakurei x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Zeraora (Pokemon) x113
Gooey x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x105
Edelgard x105
Susie Haltmann x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Chorus Kids x77
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
Silvally x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Black Knight as a boss character x70
9-Volt x67
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Leo (Fire Emblem) x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Adeleine x39
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x39
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x38
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Sans as a boss character x35
Kyo Kusanagi x35
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25
Box Theory x25

Under 25

Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Concept: DLC character pass x20
Concept: Cross series Echoes x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
The Prince (Katamari) x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Stage: Melemele Island x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Concept: Stage Builder x8
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Joker (Persona) x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Steve? x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Quote x1

Ray flies past Linkle and Thwomp and lands in fifth place. Linkle also takes sixth from Thwomp.

Box Theory makes 25 nominations.

Our sole newcomer for the day is... a rerate of Steve? With 5 noms.
Did my post nominating Blog theory not count?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Jin Kazama

Chance: 5%: He's less well known than Heihachi, which hurts his chances a bit. Tekken isn't getting multiple characters in the game and they may not even get one in, so this doesn't feel very likely

Want: 30%: I don't know a lot about Tekken and I think I've only played a few times. Even with that hurting my want score, Tekken is a major fighting game and I'd really like to see the major fighting games get reps in smash.

Nomination:
Silvally x 3
Blog Theory x 2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Did my post nominating Blog theory not count?
I did not count one post nominating box theory, might be yours. Let me check and get back to you.
Edit: yours did, someone else’s didn’t.
Edit 2: now noticing you nominated blog theory, my bad. I’ll edit the nominations.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Jin Kazama

Chance: 0%
It's going to be pretty hard to get a Tekken character in at all, and I think Heihachi will be first. He's much more the face of the series, and he got a Mii costume in Sm4sh.
I want Heihachi first. I don't know Tekken very well, and from what I've seen he's just way cooler and more iconic than Jin is.

Nominations

Yu Narukami x5

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Jin, Rummy

-----------------------------

Chance 1%
Echoing the sentiment of everyone else, Heihachi is the big man on the Tekken Canvas. Imagine if our first Sonic rep was Knuckles instead of, you know, actually Sonic the Hedgehog? It's along these lines that makes Cloud the reasonable choice for Final Fantasy being in Smash Bros versus...uh...Well...anyone was on a Nintendo system whose names I do not know.

Who?

-----------------------------

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Jin Kazama:

Pros:
There are no Pros, I just want to keep my format as it is ^^.

Cons:
I think everything on this matter has already been said. If we get a Tekken rep at all, it´s going to be Heihachi. Jin has no clues, mii costumes, leaks, hints or anything pointing at his inclusion. He may or may not be the second most popular/well known Tekken character (I am not the biggest fan of Tekken, so I don´t know if he even is that), but that´s just not enough.
The only possibility would be, if we get 2 Tekken reps and yeah that seems even more unlikely, than Jin getting in Smash over Heihachi. I even doubt Heihachi has the biggest chances and a somewhat known third party franchise from a company that already has one character in Smash, getting 2 more unique/non-Echo characters in the probably rather small cast of Newcomers? I just don´t see that happening.
If Bandai Namco gets another rep, I even think Heihachi, Ms. Pac-Man, Klonoa, Yoshimitsu, Ivy Valentine and KOS-MOS all have a higher chance than Jin Kazama. Jin wasn´t even in all Tekken games, unlike Heihachi, Paul Phoenix, Nina Williams and Yoshimitsu.

Want: 1%
I am simply not a fan of Tekken, I don´t like its style/design and even less the gameplay. Jin as a whole does not appeal to me, if we get another Bandai rep, I´d prefer pretty much everyone from Soul Calibur, KOS-MOS, Klonoa or even Heihachi, at least he looks distinct from the other characters.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prediction:
Ninten: 20%

Nomination:
Fjorm: 5x
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Kazama:
Chance: 10%-Heihachi's chances to join Smash still mystify me, but I have no doubt he's still the most likely Tekken character. However, I'd lie if I said that the rest of Mishima bloodline isn't popular enough to at least be considered, and I sure find Jin to be the second-to-go option if Heihachi just can't make it.
Want: 30%-I said that I want Heihachi the most already, but I'm perfectly fine with any of main Mishimas joining the game, so long as it's not Lars.

Nominations: DLC character pass x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Jin Kazama Chance: I'll just say 10%, and that's with my no 100/0% policy. If we're getting anybody from Tekken, it WILL be Heihachi, and I don't see room for him getting somebody else, especially if he isn't even an Echo [Presumably he won't be.].

Want: 10%. Also am another guy who doesn't care about Tekken too much, but I do think Heihachi deserves a seat in the Smash Hall of Fame now. Jin, though? Probably not, though maybe he could squeeze in.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Jin Kazama want: 0%

I found the moveset in his support thread pretty boring. I find Tekken boring to watch as well.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Jin
Chance: 1% - Heihachi’s already beaten Jin for a Mii costume and a role in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. I just can’t see Jin getting picked ahead of him.
Want: 10% - I used his move pool in Soul Calibur 5, so I’m a little familiar with his fighting style. Aside from the occasional raven wings, he doesn’t seem that interesting.

Nominations: Edelgard x5

Top Bottom