• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Soo I give him a 2.5% chance he will make it.
LOL!!! I can't take your vote serious, simply 'cause... c'mon Blaziken?
He wont be another Mewtwo... He'll be his replacement, or maybe the two would make it.

He can do a lot of non-psychic moves with his mutable body

defending:

attacking:

or even he can transform in speed form to run:

His standard pose:

Simply a pkmn has to be in a movie to make it in a Smash Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Cz8N0dVaY

I'll give him 99%, Theres no reason why he wont be in, The only competition is Lucario but:

Bros--> 2 pkmn
Melee--> 4 pkmn
Brawl--> 6?, or more pkmn (so Deoxys definitely has a free spot for him)

I bet you can't beat that uh?

Edit: I forgot again, the nomimation! Nominates Soma Cruz x5

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Celebi is more inserting than Dexoys he has a movie too. So does Luigia and Mewtwo and Mew and some kind of Groudon. Put them in there as well? Mewtwo is the original expression of "OMFG he his hard". I mean have you played Red and Blue version I mean how many people wanted Mewtwo in Smash? It would be wrong just to slash him away.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Deoxys I can see getting in if Mewtwo is cut. And thats the only way. He even kinda looks like Mewtwo on top of being a psychic pokemon.

I agree with Stryks, that if he gets in he should change forms depending on his attack. Maybe instead of crawling, Deoxys can turn into his defense mode and be impervious to stun.

50 %

Midna/Wolf Link x 5

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Deoxys is, for many reasons, one of the most likely Pokemon, as he has widespread popularity, thanks to his movie. Along with Lucario, that is. With Pichu almost definitely leaving as, too, I'm relatively confident that we'll see Deoxys in Brawl.

69 %

Nominations:

5x Mew

Croco

Smash Lord
60%
Eh. Lost touch with pokemon years ago.
But.. when reading about this one I would think it has a fairly great chance of making it in Brawl.
Though.. I can really care less.. I rather have another mario character fill the spot then a pokemon.

Dr. Wright x5

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Deoxys....

Pros- Humanesque shape, Great pausible moveset, one of the more popular pokemon, Beliveable as a fighter

Cons- The problem of including all of it's forms...may be a little 2 much work just for one character

......so just for the heck of it, i'm giving Deoxy a 69% :p

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Ummm... 50% I don't know too much about Pokemon, and in my opinion I couldn't see this one in Brawl very easily. But then again, he's getting a lot of high scores here, so there's got to be at least some reason, right?

Nominate Jeff x5

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Well, well, well, we finally got to Deoxys...So,I could probably see him in,he's popular,hes third gen(the other gen characters I can see is Meowth or..god forbid...Raichu), and he could potentially have a spectacular moveset. However, I just can't see both Mewtwo and him in SSBB, and for some reason I can see Mewtwo still there..so, 75%.

Meowth 3X and ROB X2

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Finally!

Deoxys is the best third gen rep, is popular, and would be very unique, and I don't see why he can't be in the game with Mewtwo, 70%.

Nominate Pac-Man x5.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
As it's been said time and time again: It's either going to be Deoxys or Lucario as our new Pokemon addition (or both of them - wouldn't that be nice? :grin:) He seems to have a very good chance from what I've seen posted already, so no real need to justify my rating... 80%.

I nominate R.O.B. the robot 5x.

TheBig_N

Smash Rookie
LOL!!! I can't take your vote serious, simply 'cause... c'mon Blaziken?
He wont be another Mewtwo... He'll be his replacement, or maybe the two would make it.

He can do a lot of non-psychic moves with his mutable body

defending:

attacking:

or even he can transform in speed form to run:

His standard pose:

Simply a pkmn has to be in a movie to make it in a Smash Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Cz8N0dVaY

I'll give him 99%, Theres no reason why he wont be in, The only competition is Lucario but:

Bros--> 2 pkmn
Melee--> 4 pkmn
Brawl--> 6?, or more pkmn (so Deoxys definitely has a free spot for him)

I bet you can't beat that uh?

Edit: I forgot again, the nomimation! Nominates Soma Cruz x5
BEST REASON EVER ,in this thread...

Deoxys 80%

MY Nomination mmm... for the reason's made by Sage: Soma Cruz x 5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmmm even though he'll be very intressting I've my doubts about this character. He's from the 3rd gen which is kinda old news by now and I wouldn't like if he took Mewtwo's spot. But yeah, he's atleast the most likely 3rd gen Pokémon if you ask me... I'm giving him a 55%.

Nominations:
Donkey Kong's returnal x5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Definitely one of the likelier pokemon it seems. One thing that a pokemon needs in order to have a good chance is uniqueness to separate themselves from the rest of the other 400 (I think it's close to that now). Deoxys is unique in his ability to alter himself to specialize in a particular field, namely attack, defense and speed. How this'll work could be implemented in a variety of ways, which gives a sense of flexibility for the developers. He also seems to be one of the more popular pokemon of the 3rd generation, which always helps. The only real problem is that he's another psychic type like Mewtwo, which could be hurt the chances of either him getting in or Mewtwo returning.

75%

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

Wrath`

Smash Master
49%
lets not get all hot blocks yet,we dont know if they even willl include the third gen.
And if you want all forms in there,ideas on how to change.
ANy way,im not biased,cuase the 3rd gen contnder,realy are
Blaze and deoxeys.

Nominate gengar (5)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As it's been said time and time again: It's either going to be Deoxys or Lucario as our new Pokemon addition (or both of them - wouldn't that be nice? :grin:) He seems to have a very good chance from what I've seen posted already, so no real need to justify my rating... 80%.

I nominate R.O.B. the robot 5x.
^^^ yet again I agree, but I'm going to be unbaised this time (wat has the world come to? :scared: ), and give Deoxys a good 70% chance.

Pokemon= #2 selling series of all time, once #1 looked up word on the internet, and probably the best selling handheld series in existence. Needless to say, that makes the # for Pokemon to appear in SSBB at least 5, maybe 6.

Deoxys has lots of levels of ways of fighting, and transforms. It has a normal, offence, defence, and speed forms. Needless to say that could add a new level to fighting, and SSB has been short on psychic fighters (only Ness and M2), and this Pokemon could be a nice new addition.

no one gen needs rep. Deoxys imo doesn't deserve to be in Brawl along with Mario and Link. I don't understand the apeal of the pokemon; who cares if there are different transformations? 2% Meowth x5.
Lol, very contradictory (did I spell that right)? Very funny! :laugh:=original! :laugh:

Conisdering Deoxys is one of the few Pokemon I actually like, being unbaised is hard. But thankfully we can all see our fav Pokemon return as a Pokeball Pokemon=:009: Don't mess with Blastoise! :009:

I vote ahh I'll vote R.O.B. the robot 5x. Ya, R.O.B. would geo nicely in SSBB! :) :) :)

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
80 %

For me, this is the pokemon that has the biggest chance of getting into Brawl (no offence Lucario fans, I like him as well). Deoxys is the strongest third gen pokemon out there as well as incredibly popular. His four forms could easily be used to create a unique fighting character with plenty of moves to draw upon. And he even gets a little bit of 4th gen representation in Diamond and Peral. I would specify what exactly it is, but I'm too lazy to put in spolier tags.

Nominate R.O.B. x 5

Croco

Smash Lord
Many of you have maybe noticed a small few and I where even voting for Dr. Wright.. Took about more then month to even get to him..

But before anyone rates.. give him a chance and read what I have to say.

Dr. Wright appeared in-
SimCity - 1991
SimCity 64- (JP Only) 2000
LOZ: Links Awakening (Cameo as Dr. Write) 1993 or 1998
SSB:M (Trophy) 2001
LOZ: Oracle of Seasons (Cameo as Mr. Right) 2001
LOZ: The Minish Cap (Cameo as Dr. Left) 2004-2005
SimCity- (SNES classic released on Wii.. was one of the first VC games) 2006

The fact is Nintendo has not forgotten this wacky and interesting character..
Why would they even include his Trophy in melee if he didn't even mean something to them? Especially maybe Sakurai.

I don't even consider him retro.. I consider him a supporter of the SimCity series. Dr. Wright is the city adviser of SimCity, and not just a doctor. Plus I'm not even a SimCity fan.. I just want allot of various characters from other Nintendo games to fight it out. Why should SimCity not be considered?

So for Brawl?
Yes.
Why?
Not only would he have a very interesting move set, even his stage would be very cool. They could do a take on Godzilla in SimCity with huge skyscrapers and other weather disasters. What isn't better playing as a short big head wacky green haired doctor with a pointing stick as a weapon?

If Captain Falcon and Pit can get in Brawl to support their games.. so can Dr. Wright.

I'm giving him a..
99% chance

Nominations- Alice x5

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Many of you have maybe noticed a small few and I where even voting for Dr. Wright.. Took about more then month to even get to him..

But before anyone rates.. give him a chance and read what I have to say.

Dr. Wright appeared in-
SimCity - 1991
SimCity 64- (JP Only) 2000
LOZ: Links Awakening (Cameo as Dr. Write) 1993 or 1998
SSB:M (Trophy) 2001
LOZ: Oracle of Seasons (Cameo as Mr. Right) 2001
LOZ: The Minish Cap (Cameo as Dr. Left) 2004-2005
SimCity- (SNES classic released on Wii.. was one of the first VC games) 2006

The fact is Nintendo has not forgotten this wacky and interesting character..
Why would they even include his Trophy in melee if he didn't even mean something to them? Especially maybe Sakurai.

I don't even consider him retro.. I consider him a supporter of the SimCity series. Dr. Wright is the city adviser of SimCity, and not just a doctor. Plus I'm not even a SimCity fan.. I just want allot of various characters from other Nintendo games to fight it out. Why should SimCity not be considered?

So for Brawl?
Yes.
Why?
Not only would he have a very interesting move set, even his stage would be very cool. They could do a take on Godzilla in SimCity with huge skyscrapers and other weather disasters. What isn't better playing as a short big head wacky green haired doctor with a pointing stick as a weapon?

If Captain Falcon and Pit can get in Brawl to support their games.. so can Dr. Wright.

I'm giving him a..
99% chance

Nominations- Alice x5
I know Dr. Wright, and although It'll be good to see him in Brawl, I'm being realistic...
5%.. He dont have more chances than others... (seeing the ranking here)

Nominates Soma Cruz x5

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No offense to Dr. Wright fans, but he doens't have too great of chances. I looked at some of the more relevant points, and I five him a 2% chance at best. He isn't a fighter, he isn't that big, and to top it off I could list 30 more wanted characters easily. 99%, wtf?, :laugh: WW Link, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Sonic better have gotten that too!

Sim City shouldn't have a characater (as much as I like it), because there are at least a dozen first or second party series that are much bigger, and it doens't revolve around fighting like most games with characters who have appeared in the SSB series do.

Scratch my PM vote, even if he actually stands a decent chance.

^^^^ Paper Mario owns all, vote Paper Mario people, cause he's striaght up awsome! :) :) :)

Top Bottom