• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If a character represents a franchise revolving around a city theme I think Tom Nook will take the role. Dr. Wright is not extremely popular or even remotely popular. Plus I cannot even picture his moveset and I have a vivid imagination.

Sure he is wacky looking enough, but I can't see him getting much support from the developing team.

8 %

Midna/Wolf Link x 5

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
No offense to Dr. Wright fans, but he doens't have too great of chances. I looked at some of the more relevant points, and I five him a 2% chance at best. He isn't a fighter, he isn't that big, and to top it off I could list 30 more wanted characters easily. 99%, wtf?, :laugh: WW Link, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Sonic better have gotten that too!

Sim City shouldn't have a characater (as much as I like it), because there are at least a dozen first or second party series that are much bigger, and it doens't revolve around fighting like most games with characters who have appeared in the SSB series do.

Now I nominate/vote Paper Mario x5, who actually stands a decent chance.

^^^^ Paper Mario owns all, vote Paper Mario people, cause he's striaght up awsome! :) :) :)

Um, you know PM has already been judged already,right? Anyway,Simcity is cool and all, but I just can't see it. To many deserving characters,he might have a shot if they have a Super Smash Brothers 5 or 6,,though.

30% chance for the good doctor. ROB the Robot 3X and Pac-man 2X

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like some rates b4, I dont know the character, so I cant judge him properly, but 99% croco seems to high, to not be even rated on the gamefaq's poll means he aint that popular... so il lgive him 45%

nominate: dark samus x5

Croco

Smash Lord
Like some rates b4, I dont know the character, so I cant judge him properly, but 99% croco seems to high, to not be even rated on the gamefaq's poll means he aint that popular... so il lgive him 45%

nominate: dark samus x5
I'm giving him a handicap.
I would of given him a 60-70% chance if some people didn't give him lower the 10%.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Sim city character? I really don't think so. Dr. Wright is not a character that makes you think of the Sim city franchise when you first lay eyes on him. Odds are some gamers will see his face and be completely baffled on who he is. Personally Nintendo has got better options. Plus then there the whole actual needing a moveset thing. What's he going to do to his oppentents? Create buildings on top of them? Charge them too much in taxes? Have them go directly to jail without passing go and collecting $200? (oh wait, wrong property owner)

5 %

Mike Jones x 5

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Are you honestly saying there's a 60% chance of THIS:

appearing in Brawl?

And also, You can only spread your 5 nomination points out over 3 targets.

Hey, hemightbegiant, I heard you were part of BijouKaiba's "project", is this true?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you honestly saying there's a 60% chance of THIS:

appearing in Brawl?

And also, You can only spread your 5 nomination points out over 3 targets.

Hey, hemightbegiant, I heard you were part of BijouKaiba's "project", is this true?
way to own! That is what I am saying, at least Pit had a weapon, and Wario well had the muscle!

If a character represents a franchise revolving around a city theme I think Tom Nook will take the role. Dr. Wright is not extremely popular or even remotely popular. Plus I cannot even picture his moveset and I have a vivid imagination.

Sure he is wacky looking enough, but I can't see him getting much support from the developing team.

8 %

Midna/Wolf Link x 5
Wow, Bowserlick, you are more forgiving then me, lol. I like the series, but no way is this happening. It could have a course at best

Um, you know PM has already been judged already,right?
Ty for informing me about that, I guess the three days I left stuff happened, lol! :laugh: So I think I'll vote Wolf Link w.t Midna x5 (or Midna/wolf Link as Bowserlick says). Ya vote Wolf Link w/t Minda with me and Bowserlick ppl. Who needs Paper Mario after all, lol jk? :laugh:

TheBig_N

Smash Rookie
Naaa.. Dr Wright is a not-so-well-known-char... Sakurai will do Brawl "with a balanced mind"

Dr Wright 5%

Nominates TwiliMidna X 5

Croco

Smash Lord
What do you think R.O.B. is unlikely? I din't think he's any less likely then Dr. Wright.
No I think ROB is just as likely Dr. Wright is..
Nintendodude nominated ROB.. it confuses me why he gave Dr. Wright 2%.. when both Dr. Wright and ROB have almost the same exact chances of appearing in Brawl.

Even worse he and others are rating Dr. Wright lower then Gex and Happy Mask Salesman.. ? :urg:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Nintendodude nominated ROB.. it confuses me why he gave Dr. Wright 2%.. when both Dr. Wright and ROB have almost the same exact chances of appearing in Brawl.

Even worse he and others are rating Dr. Wright lower then Gex and Happy Mask Salesman.. ? :urg:
So far, the lowest I've seen is that 2%, and that's high compared to some of the ratings Gex and HMS were given.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So far, the lowest I've seen is that 2%, and that's high compared to some of the ratings Gex and HMS were given.
That is odd, I gave him a 2% but I nominated a character with a good shot (Wolf Link w/t Midna). Lol, still can't believe someone gave him a 99%, lol that is still funny.

O well, when it comes to nominations, some people just want to experiment with it, so I don't think it is right to say he's doing anything wrong, but I find it strange. I've nominated some unusual characters just to see if they make it, and how well they rank.

He's probably trying to experiment, I've done that a bit too, lol. It is strange, however that he gives a character with barely even a bit of a chance 2%, then nominates that same type of character.

Sounds exactly like something I would do, lol but it's better than nominating someone who was already choosen and you didn't know it, lol! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh dear if I am late ohhh well. But I give Dr.Wright 3% of appearing.

Nominations - Bubsy(x5)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Honestly doesn't seem too likely in my opinion, mainly because the Sim City games aren't a franchise that desperately needs a rep and that Mr. Wright doesn't strike me as the most suitable character for a fighter (I suppose it could be done but that just begs the reason why bother when there are other options much more suitable). He's somewhat retro, but there others that fit this category better which seems much more popular and likely.

20%

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

I think ROB has an okay chance(or at least ALOT better than Dr.Wright does). Hes a beloved retro character,and at least hes appeared in a popular game(when he was playable in Mario Kart DS), care to tell us what game Wright has even had a recent cameo in?

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
ROB Is a more likely character for Brawl than Wright.

Theres no way this non-popular char make it, I'll give him %1

I Nominate Soma Cruz x5

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm afraid SimCity doesn't really feel like a franchise that needs representation. Then again, I've only played the boring PC version...

He isn't too well known, despite cameos, and being a trophy just doesn't cut it as support for being in Brawl. 3%.

Nominate: Poo [x3], Laughing Dog[x2]

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Croco, why do you love this character so much?

ROB has a much higher chance of appearing than this guy,
because ROB made a semi-cameo in Star Fox, and appeared
as a playable character in Mario Kart DS, not to mention
the many cameos in the Wario Ware series, and Dr. Wright
hasn't featured in ANY of these.

I don't think Dr. Wright is any less likely to appear than Gex or
the Happy Mask Salesman, but I DO think he doesn't have a very
Smash-esque design, persona or popularity, and he ISN'T 99%
guaranteed.

Just because he appeared as a trophy in melee, that makes him
99% guaranteed because he "means something to Nintendo"??
So does that give brawl around 212 (This doesn't include the 78
"character" trophies or the two special ones) characters
99% GUARANTEED spots? Bubbles? Ayumi Tachibana (Who may
make a great character mind you)? Donbe & Hikari?

Croco, your logic is flawed, and I believe it is somewhat biased
because you love this PARTICULAR character over the other trophy
characters. And if you read the first post of this thread, it says
that bias is against "DA RULES".

so in short:

PS: Hi Bijoukaiba^^lolz

Stryks

Smash Hero
ROB has more of a chance, being part retro, being popular and is part of the NES era, seriously if it wanst for the throphy I would have NEVER heard of dr wright, yet even though I was like 4-5 years old, I knew who ROB was, the guy has a chance, not a big chance per say, but better than wrights

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here are some PROS and CONS:

== Dr. Wright (SNES Sim City) ==
PROs
* One of the smartest Nintendo characters out there. His I.Q. is 1000 (according to the SNES Sim City manual), which probably means he knows how to fight.
* If Dr. Mario doesn't return, then SSBB might bring another Nintendo doctor.
* Has appeared in some Zelda titles as Mr. Write or Dr. Left, as well as the sequel, SimCity 64, and in SSBM as a trophy.
* Was mentioned once in Sakurai's poll.
* SNES Sim City was one of the earliest SNES titles released on the Virtual Console.

CONs
* He hasn't been seen fighting anyone nor anything. Even though, you might say that Captain Falcon and the Star Fox Team haven't been seen fighting out of their vehicles before they appeared in the SSB series, Captain Falcon fought in the comic inside the SNES F-ZERO manual, while combat pilots should always equip with firearms when leaving their space crafts. Also, Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Dr. Wright, probably doesn't want to see him fighting at all. I know I said he is so smart, he probably knows how to fight, but I guess he doesn't do physical jobs as much as mental jobs.
* Nintendo probably needs to ask Maxis or E.A. if it would be okay to let Dr. Wright use some fighting moves based on SNES Sim City, like some disasters, a bulldozer, etc.
* Not too well-known.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
ROB has more of a chance, being part retro, being popular and is part of the NES era, seriously if it wanst for the throphy I would have NEVER heard of dr wright, yet even tough I was like 4-5 years old, I knew who ROB was, the guy has a chance, not a big chance per say, but better than wrights
We''ll just have to see, once hes up for judging.

Top Bottom