• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Diddy and Dixie! I think that if Diddy manages to get in (which many people swear he weill) then I think he will bring in Dixie. Here are my reasons why i think Sakurai will go for this method of inclusion.

1. Diddy and Dixie originated as team fighters. Their strength lies as a team.

2. I do not think the Ice Climbers are returning (this really isn't a reason, just opinion. But with characters like Olimar and his Pikmin and with the apes as a tag team I see an oppurtunity to expand on the duo fighting style. Plus the Ice Climbers never originally had the option of fighting as a team).

3. Sakurai wants more female fighters. Dixie is definately recognizable, but I cannot see her getting in on her own (maybe because she didn't star in a game on her own). This could be an oppurtunity to have two DK reps in one.

4. Many people do want Diddy in. And I think they would rather have him on a team then not in at all.

5. Diddy and Dixie as a tag team can open up alot of unique ways of playing. There are countless ways to transition it into playable mechanics. Diddy alone would most likely offer a more linear approach to fighting.

So all and all 75 %

Midna/Wolf Link x 5

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is more likely but it doesn't mean Diddy/Dixie team couldn't occur instead. I remember reading somewhere that Sakuri heard the idea and somewhat an intrest in it. Plus it would be a great throwback to the gameplay style of the Donkey Kong country games.

22 % Only real chance of Dixie making an appearence...

Deoxys x 5

Stryks

Smash Hero
I actually want solo Diddy, yet its possible for another team character in brawl, so im giving them a good 50%...

nominates dark samus x 5 (cause we all know she can be unique and not a clone)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Although yes,Diddy and Dixie did orignate as duo, I think that if were having any duo,it will probably be either the Ice Climbers or Plulse or Minun. Although Diddy is practically guaranteed to make it into Brawl, I just think people would just pissed if you messed with his moveset by adding Dixie. And yes,the duo was mentioned by Sakurai, who showed interest in them. On the japanese poll, who else was mentioned on that poll? THE BLUE VIRUS FROM DR.MARIO! His "interest" means nothing. All and all, 40%, and thats probably being generous.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I could see it happening, but I think Diddy solo and K. Rool would ge in first, 10%.

Nominate Deoxys x3, Pac-Man x2.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Diddy Kong is awsome on his own. He doesn't need Dixie's help to face off against Pikachu. 1%

Nominate Twili Midna X 5.

Shamless plug: Everyone ahould check out the new charcater discussion thread: "Prepare to be Amazed and Astounded: Wiseguy's Brawl Character Predictions."

We've got cookies! (O.k. not really)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm giving them a 0% chance. They're not similar enough.

The Ice Climbers made sense as a team, they're both the same character. I know one's a girl, but they both look exactly alike & they both do the exact same thing.

Diddy and Dixie have completely different moves. Dixie's signature move is that she can glide with her ponytail. They can't put Dixie in the game and not give her the ability to do that. That would be like Pikachu without electric attacks, or Sonic without speed. And if they give Dixie that, then she'll be different from Diddy because he can't do that, seeing as how he doesn't have a ponytail. So they would have different moves from eachother, making them two completely different characters.

Ice Climbers also have a cool team name. They didn't call them "Popo & Nana", they called them "Ice Climbers. " WTF are Diddy and Dixie going to be? "Kongs?"

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord

The Ice Climbers made sense as a team, they're both the same character. I know one's a girl, but they both look exactly alike & they both do the exact same thing.

Diddy and Dixie have completely different moves. Dixie's signature move is that she can glide with her ponytail. They can't put Dixie in the game and not give her the ability to do that. That would be like Pikachu without electric attacks, or Sonic without speed. And if they give Dixie that, then she'll be different from Diddy because he can't do that, seeing as how he doesn't have a ponytail. So they would have different moves from eachother, making them two completely different characters.

Ice Climbers also have a cool team name. They didn't call them "Popo & Nana", they called them "Ice Climbers. " WTF are Diddy and Dixie going to be? "Kongs?"
First of all, you're not allowed to give 0% chance. Second, did you ever consider that they could operate closer to Zelda and Sheik than Popo and Nana? Or perhaps in a completely different way than either of them? Two character teams don't instantly mean they have to play exactly the same as the Ice Climbers.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If Diddy makes it in, which he most likely will, it WILL be as a solo appearance. The gap between his and Dixie's prominence in the series is just to great and to reduce him to the status of a co-character would really demean his importance... Now I really like Dixie, even more so than Diddy in fact, but their not going to pair the second most important character to the DK series with one that is the distant third - if even that... 10%.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Dude, you can't give someone a 0% chance. It's against there rules. Check the first post.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
^^ Sorry Brawlmatt, but HT beat ya to the punch on that one. And why make such a big fuss over his 0% rating? If he can't follow the rules, then FDL will simply not count his vote - simple as that...

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Dexoys is the worst pokemon only second to Blazekein. I don't like him, he is just another Mewtwo. The third generation pokemon (Some) need to die. The games were awful, the double battles. I can't give him a zero. Soo I give him a 2.5% chance he will make it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man darkknight was obviosuly injured psychologically by some pokemon-related event...

Anyway here I go:
Deoxys, yes seems like another mewtwo, but believe me hes more than that, he is quite possibly the most unique pkmn ever, why u ask? this pokemon has a total of 4 diferent forms: normal, speed, attack and defense, no other pkmn can do this, not only that he can transform his arms into tentacles too, this is why I think he should join, being the most unique pkmn totally gives him rite to be in a game like smash, not only is he popular but he also has his own pkmn movie...

Now many say: "he should be able to transform into all of his forms and have 4 diferent movesets" my answer: retardness, it wil ltake u 4ever to main deoxys, learning all the moves, stats and everything, I say his transformations should be animations:

Normal mode: when hes standing still, or taunting
attack mode: when hes attacking/grabbing (minus dash-like attacks)
speed mode: when hes dashing and doing dash-like attacks
defense mode: when hes using shield or just simply defending himself

many say it will take time makin the animations, I say will makin animations in his normal mode wont take time? obcourse it will, yet by giving him animations depending on his forms, he'll be way awesome...

My rate: 90% chance
Nominates dark samus x 5

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Man darkknight was obviosuly injured psychologically by some pokemon-related event...
Yes I did, I used surf in my Ruby version (When I owned it) and I had my Steelix out. It was a double battle and the surf did minimal damage to everyone and almost killed my Steelix. From there on out I always hated some of the pokemon from the third generation. The only one kept from not hating it was Requiza or something like that. I sold the game like weeks after, since I couldn't use my power battle strategy.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday Stryks.

Anyway I think deoxys wouldn't be bad but I like Lucario better if they can add him in with Lucario I wouldn't mind. 50%

I nominate: R.O.B

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Thanx XD
Yeah I know lucario is awesome, is like deoxys more IMO though, still I would be one happy smasher if I c both in brawl...

Top Bottom