• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I would personally LOVE to see Paper Mario,and I think he could have a sweet moveset. The only thing I can see taking his chances his if Dr.Mario is still there,but since I don't think the good doctor is very popular. Anyway,I'll give him a 70%

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I wonder why Ouendan rather than the Elite Beat Agents came up for the vote... At any rate, while I'm glad the overzealous Ouendan fanboys were unable to hijack the rating score, I'm sorely disappointed by the opposition's general reasoning: "Never heard of 'em... so 5%." I only rated the Cheer Squad low because they're from a cult status game from an obscure third-party developer (iNiS). Oh well...

On to Paper Mario... why do so many people want multiple iterations of one particular character?! Oh well... While Paper Mario is more likely than WW Link, the whole 2 versions of the same character scenario wasn't too well received in Melee, so one would think that Sakurai and Co. would learn from that mistake - but then again the inclusion of ZSS kinda implies that they didn't - though it will certainly not be as high a ratio... Like ZSS (I doubt Samus will be a transformation-type character; the whole losing her armor "under certain situations" thing likely refers to some sort of select option...), Paper Mario offers a different and unique play style than the original and if there are any other alternate version characters, there will likely be another version of none other than Mario. As much as I don't like the idea, it is still quite likely... 50%.

I nominate R.O.B. the robot 3x and Mike Jones 2x.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
40% Paper Mario, because him being in would be just too weird,
it's not even like a change of clothes like Dr. Mario was.
I don't think he'll make it in, because I don't think another rendition of Mario
would be a wise choice when we could have another character, like Sami or someone.

Crash Bandicoot x5

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Paper Mario. Egads! If it wasn't for Zamus getting into the game I would give Paper Mario a very very low score.

Still Zamus doesn't mean other alternate versions will get in.

I believe Zamus nabbed a spot because
1.) She is a replacement to Sheik (speculation)
2.) Another female character
3.) A morph (maybe)

I can only see Wolf Link as another possible alternate reality character.

Paper Mario could have fun 2D properties, such as folding into an airplane for an Up B and rolling into a tube for a dodge, but I think giving these properties to G&W (and having him return) would be more fun then having a flat Mario.

8%

Diddy/Dixe x 5

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Hmm, the more I think about it, the more likely this seems. On one hand, he's from an incredibly popular franchise, he could fill in an alternate Mario spot and still have a unique moveset, and he's very popular. On the other hand, I can't help but picture a pretty bland moveset. Don't get me wrong, there are optioins, but his main attacks are jumps and his hammer, witch wouldn't stand out much (especially if dedede gets in). Also, they may decide not to have an alternate form of Mario this year, and forget about him completely.

So 50%

Nominations: Deoxysx5 (Let's get him up there)

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
YAHOO!

Paper Mario isn't really Mario he is another Mario of another universe. I mean when has Paper Mario and Mario ever meet? Well he could came form his own series and have his own emblem not to mention a whole bunch of moves to dish out.

I give him a 98% (If there were more fans I would have lowered it but since I don't know what the future holds I made it higher so he could get in a good place on the board)

I nominate: R.O.B (x5)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
http://www.cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20070406
=P

Hmmm... if they're going to duplicate characters at all, Mario will definately be one of them. They did it in Melee, so it is a distinct possibility. However, they could just as easily decide one Mario is enough this time around. I'll give him 50% since it truly is an either way situation.

Nominate Jeff x5

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
If there going to put a clone in they might as well make it a good one.

Paper Mario has developed into its own subset of Mario games with a new one being released on the Wii this week. That helps generate plenty of hype for the much slimmer plumber. As for moveset, there is his previous rpg style outings plus the moves from the new game to work with ( 2d to 3d switch plus those Pixls thingies) Could fit into the game if done well and if all else fails, there is the deadly power of papercuts.

45%

I'll take Deoxys for 500 Alex (aka nominate Deoxys x 5)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I don't think another version of Mario is needed when there are a few other Mario character that can get in already, 5%.

Nominate Deoxys x3, Pac-Man x2.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'm gonna give him 80%. I believe it is okay to have 2 Marios in the game, just as you would with Link and Wind Waker Link. It's because they are larger icons of the Nintendoverse, and that people would recognise an alternate, popular form of a major character better than a random minor one, not to mention the fanbase that Paper Mario and Wind Waker is still rising with new games yet to be released. Paper Mario also has the potential moveset that his counterpart could not manage.

Nominating: Roy (who hasn't returned yet) x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've no doubt that Paper Mario would be an original character but I honestly doubt he's gonna make it to Brawl. I don't feel like explaining myself, so I'll give him a rating right away; 10%.

Nominations:
Diddy/ Dixie x5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Don't know about this one, while he would be original and Mario probably could have another version, he doesn't strike me as that likely. WW link appeared several times on the poll but I don't recall paper Mario at all, so I definitely don't think he's as likely. He's possible sure but I'm sure if Sakurai will bother.

20%

Nominate: Deoxys (x5)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Paper Mario gets a solid 55 %. I give this only because 2 marios are just too many in my opinion. Make room for Luigi's comeback, and we already have Wario. So yeah, I only say no if character roster space is limited.

Wrath`

Smash Master
30% i like the p mario games,but we should stick with the real deal,put him in and people will meatal mario and raccoon marion,ect......

if there is going to be another mario character it should be waluigi.

Gengar(5)

Kirye

Smash Ace
Hm.. 45%, because he'd be completely original, but then he's another Mario (Only paperish).
But, if they could do it with Doc Mario, they can replace him for Paper Mario. =p

Crono x 5

@Wiseguy: Why do you put so much emphasis on the poll? >_> Not every character in melee was in the melee Poll, so that obviously means it's just a suggestion from players, not what's actually all gonna be in.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Oh well At least Paper Mario isn't in the bottom 10.

But this team is going to be- 5%

diddy kong should work solo that's it!

I nominate ROB (x5)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
HAHAHAH! FINALLY! After all these weeks only nominating this character (with 2 votes from Bowserlick :p) the time is finally there!

Okay now for my rating, I wouldn't say so fast that Diddy WILL get in Brawl solo. As you know, there aren't alot of DK characters to choose from... This would solve it. Two deserving character at once with each unique moves. Sakurai also likes these sort of characters apperently since he weld WILD when he heard this suggestion!

I wouldn't say that I want Diddy to be tagged with Dixie more than having him solo, since I'd accept both. But these characters would add alot of more differcity than Diddy solo ever could. Having them being able to switch would even make them more differce. Sakurai likes differcity, so it might happen...

Now to end this all, here's my rating: a 50% change! It will be either this or solo Diddy, since I'm 100% positive he'll make it to Brawl either way! DKC will finally get justice!

Nominations:
Sheik's returnal x5

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
A Diddy/Dixie duo, huh? As much as I'd like to see it happen, I feel it's not the most likely to happen. They could bring a whole new dynamic to the two character team, but it doesn't seem likely that they would end up teaming up the two Kongs, however perfect and awesome it would be. 35% chance.

Nominate Jeff x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
HAHAHAH! FINALLY! After all these weeks only nominating this character (with 2 votes from Bowserlick :p) the time is finally there!

Okay now for my rating, I wouldn't say so fast that Diddy WILL get in Brawl solo. As you know, there aren't alot of DK characters to choose from... This would solve it. Two deserving character at once with each unique moves. Sakurai also likes these sort of characters apperently since he weld WILD when he heard this suggestion!

I wouldn't say that I want Diddy to be tagged with Dixie more than having him solo, since I'd accept both. But these characters would add alot of more differcity than Diddy solo ever could. Having them being able to switch would even make them more differce. Sakurai likes differcity, so it might happen...

Now to end this all, here's my rating: a 50% change! It will be either this or solo Diddy, since I'm 100% positive he'll make it to Brawl either way! DKC will finally get justice!

Nominations:
Sheik's returnal x5
Say, I'm just wondering, why don't you nominate Dixie Kong?

Top Bottom