• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
1%. Never heard of this one, but it seems to me as a Japan-only game with no main character that is worthy of being seen as a typical nintendo-character together with mario, link etc.

Meowth x5
It came to america as EBA. The characters are just different. The game is popular both in america and in Japan, so I will have to go with 60% just because they like the odd. If they do go with the characters chances are I think they will go with the japanese version.

DK JR X5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would love to have a character like this! However even though I like the idea alot, I don't think it's all so likely. I'm giving him a 10% change.

Nominations:
Diddy / Dixie x5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ouendan is probably the single most awesome thing of all time. Poll placement, cult hit...I'll give them sixty-five percent.

Three for Crono and two for Lucas.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ouendan's a complicated man, and no one understands him, but his woman.
Except Ouendan is THREE men.

No wonder Ouendan is getting so low, people don't even know who he is.

Ferro should change it to the Elite Beat Agents because people woud be more familiar to them.

Ouendan: 10%

Elite Beat Agents: 75%

75-10=65

Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents = 65%

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man its sad that guys r giving them lower than 10%, they ouendan/eba have a hight chance apeparing...

I give them 85%

nominates dark samus x5

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Quendan/EBA would be awesome in Brawl, but I don't think it's happening, and there are a lot of Japan only characters besides Quendan, 10%.

Nominate Deoxys x3, Pac-Man x2.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Has anyone nominated Sothe from Fire Emblem: (GC and Wii) or Ephraim from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones?
If not I nominate them.

IMO:
Sothe has about a 60% chance to get in (less than Ike probably since he was a main character in BOTH the GC and Wii games)

Ephraim has about a 35% chance to get in (it was a good game, but it was only one he was in and on GBA none-the-less, but given that he has a lance it would make for some interesting fighting mechanics)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
My take on this is bound to disappoint quite a few, but I really think you guys are being WAY too optimistic about Ouendan... Sure it's a cult hit but you seem to be overlooking the fact that iNiS is a THIRD-PARTY developer - that's right, these guys are also responsible for the Gitaroo Man series on the PS2/PSP. So I'm afraid that shoots down their chances considerably - The Ouendan/EBA crew are almost as likely as Marina Lightyears - a character I would very much like to be in SSBB, but has a very slim chance due to her obscure third-party status, and Ouendan is unfortunately in the same boat. As great as the idea would be, I have to be realistic on this one... 10%

I nominate R.O.B. 5x.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not giving a percentage, but keep in mind that Ouendan/EBA are more current than Marina Lightyears. Many people don't know who Marina is, (She wouldn't even be good as a WTF character imo) but with EBA being called the best DS game of 2006 by many sites/magazines, EBA/Ouendan may have a higher chance.

As you can see from the paragraph above, I have a lack of knowledge about Ouendan. That is why I am not giving them a rating.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
First time I saw the character for today and didn't know right away who it was.

I'm somewhat familar with the game but Dancing/music characters seems like a stretch even despite the creativeness behind it. Still unique is good and weirder things could happen with brawl. If some of their music is good or fits, I guess that could be placed in the game somewhere.

10.622 % , a bonus 0.622% for them being so different. Still no Marina though.

Deoxys x 5

Kirye

Smash Ace
Really sad nominations here for an actual contender. I like how BB gave him .25% when Ouendan isn't third party, but when it comes to Megaman he probably gave a biased *** 99% for a char that has limited chances of getting in. XD

Oh well, people don't know a good character until it slaps them on the face. =(

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Obviously one of the more 'out there' ideas, but easily a fun character and suited to the crazy game of Smash. Obviously I think the Ouendan characters would be Japan only, and probably changed to the EBA when it hits overseas. As for their overall chances, they have been a huge hit and did appear on Sakurai's poll. However, I'd have to say that they probably aren't that high on Sakurai's list for new entries, and have to compete against other newcomesr like Olimar.

50%

Nominate: Deoxys x5

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would love to have a character like this! However even though I like the idea alot, I don't think it's all so likely. I'm giving him a 10% change.

Nominations:
Diddy / Dixie x5

I'll say 10% as well, and agree with everything above.

I nominate Paper Mario x5! O ya Super Paper Mario=can't wait! :)

parrothead

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC:

50%

Nominate DeMille/Demiru (Tomato Adventure) x5.

OFF TOPIC:

Besides Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is to Elite Beat Agents, there has been some games out there that have same gameplays, but with different characters, plots, settings, and other stuff, like Panel de Pon is to Tetris Attack, Tokyuu Shirei Solbrain (Famicom) is to Shatterhand (NES), Front Mission (Famicom) is to S.C.A.T. (USA's NES) and Action in New York (Europe's NES), Contra series (USA and Japan) is to Probotector series (Europe), and Doki Doki Panic (FDS) is to Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA (NES).

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Wow,how did we go from guys like Sonic and Diddy to guys like Gex and quendan? It would a great WTF kind of thing,but its Japan only,and I have a feeling that if we have an any,it will be Stafy.

I'll give the cheerleaders a 35%

Since, Paper Mario is pretty much guaranteed to be the next judged,I'll switch it to Laughing Dog 3X and Meowth 2x

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I dont really understand what character we are giving a vote for. I looked at the Wiki but didnt understand who I was voting. So Im just not going to vote.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Really sad nominations here for an actual contender. I like how BB gave him .25% when Ouendan isn't third party, but when it comes to Megaman he probably gave a biased *** 99% for a char that has limited chances of getting in. XD

Oh well, people don't know a good character until it slaps them on the face. =(
i gave him such a low percentage because i think he is too new to be in smash. too me smash is more about nintendo icons than nintendo characters. and i think we all can agree that sakurai likes retro characters better.

i gave megaman a higher percentage than he should have gotten mainly to increase his average seeing as people like you simply do not like him and thereby give him a low probability.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I hate how everybody who hasn't heard of them automatically gives them a low chance just out of ignorance. I mean, half of the people here are referring to Ouendan as 'him', as if they thought it was just one guy. If you don't know anything about it, you shouldn't be so quick to turn it down.

I'm willing to give the Ouendan a 60% chance of appearing. I mean, look at the facts:

- Ouendan is an extremely popular franchise, with the third game in the series set to be released sometime this year (yes, I consider Elite Beat Agents part of the Ouendan franchise)
- It's a Japan-only game that is just, if not more, popular outside of Japan than it is inside of it.
- Sakurai posted two requests for the Ouendan on the Toukoken. Comparitively, there weren't many characters that got more than one request posted up.

The way I see it, they have stand a good chance of making it in, just not as good as a lot of others do.

Nominate... um...*who's left that's any good?* Ooh! Jeff x5!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
okay okay, imma try this one more time and if i screw it up again, som1 explain to me how it works!:

Waddle-Dee 90%
BomberMan 9%
Sonic 1%
No, no ,no.

Here, when you Nominate oneome, you do it like this:

Waddle Dee x3
Bomberman x1
Sonic x1

But, since Sonic and Bomberman have already been nominated and voted for, I suggested you do something like this:

Waddle Dee x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
WTF?! Ouendan, a cheerleader, got higher then Takamaru, a samurai?!

...Anyway, I give Paper Marioo a 60%

Nominations:
Captain Syrup x3
Ralph x2

Devastlian

Smash Lord
While Paper Mario is awesome, unique, and popular, I believe there is such a thing as Mario saturation especially with two Marios. The popularity of the series is relayed enough with the four characters already and any more would seem like a bit much. So I'm going to say thirty percent.

Three for Crono and two for Lucas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I just dont c it happening, having another mario is why people got mad cause dr mario was in melee... anyway ill still give him a good scroe i guess... 45%

nominates dark samus x5

Top Bottom