• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I could make a moveset for the pong ball,Leisure Suit Larry,or hell, even Darth Vader. Doesn't mean they should be in Brawl just because they could have a moveset.
I never said they're in just because they have a moveset, I'm just saying they've got a chance!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wow... Some of you guys are making real asshats out of yourselves... There is no need to resort to petty personal attacks over some people's overly optimistic opinions regarding certain characters, even as unlikely as their real chances may be...

Croco

Smash Lord
Many of you who want to say I'm wrong.. go ahead.. I really don't give to s#$%& because this little poll we are all doing is for fun and it is entertaining. It gives us something to past time before we hear new brawl news.. etc.

Most of you all didn't expect Pit to be in Brawl right? I didn't. I bet most of you would of given him a 30% rating or lower before he was announced for Brawl. Snake? you probably would of given him a even lower rating.

Most of you would of said this about Pit if he wasn't announced-
"Who is Pit?"
"There are more deserving characters"
etc. etc. etc.

The same comments would of been something just like Mach Rider.

The fact is.. this poll is for fun.. and most of you are taking it way WAAAAY to serious.
It's like you think Lupe is giving this list to Sakurai.

So what Lord_Deathborne said.. he's right. Yeah I might have overly optimistic opinions regarding certain characters.. but what if I'm right?
What if a character like Dr. Wright makes in Brawl? What are you going to say me then?
And if he doesn't? I can live it.. I really don't care.
What if Ridley doesn't make in Brawl as playable.. man am I going to laugh soooo hard.
If he does? I don't care.. I'll think it's cool.

Either way I'm hoping Sakurai has a vision for the next Smash Brothers game like I do. Where characters from so many games are in a giant fight.. a war of the games.
Balloon Fighter VS SimCity VS Mario Brothers VS Metroid.
At least 1 character from each Nintendo game..
It shows the size of Nintendo's library of games.
If it doesn't happen I won't be disappointed.. I'll just play this new one over and over again and pray for the next game to include what I was hoping to see.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
5%. We already know that roster space is limited, and it seems highly unlikely that a character such as this would make the cut. He is widely unknown, and there are just too many other characters that deserve to be in Smash Bros. The fact that the Sim____ franchise no longer belongs exclusively to Nintendo probably would cause some problems, too.

Nominate Jeff (x5)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Never fear, Faw is here!
Except too late.
Guess my vote wouldn't count anymore... alas.

Still, I'd give him an optimistic 12%. He's definitely no fighter, nor is he extremely important... from what I gathered, he had one major role? Hmm...
But he *was* on the poll, and if he had so many cameos, there must be something to him indeed.
Now everybody's all "he's no fighter" and stuff... well, that's true. On the other hand, all SSB characters are adjusted to be at a more-or-less equal average strength. None of it actually makes SENSE, you know. Fox's up-smash is, what, the second most powerful? Not only is he a little fox guy who spends more time piloting than fighting, the attack itself is something that, in real life, could maybe knock someone out if you hit them in the jaw or something, but no more than that. Not to mention the strongest up-smash. Since when did Pikachu have a metal skull-plate? And Peach? The girl gets kidnapped every second week-end, and suddenly she murders Bowser and Ganondorf dead.
ANYWAY.
The point is that most any type of character could work. What they do need is *personality*. Fox was never really seen fighting, but the fact that he's a master pilot makes him a master of the sky, so he's fast, hard to star-KO and has an easy time star-KO-ing others.
I don't really know what this Wright fella DOES, but he's normal A could have him flailing around in front of himself with his pointy stick as if he was panickily trying to protect his face from a bee or something. And if an enemy's hit right in the eye it's an INSTANT KO!
Okay, so maybe not.
Maybe he's a character who has almost NO strong attacks except for some fancy, useful b-button moves where he uses weird gadgets that are so good that they manage to sustain him throughout the battle.
Maybe his forward smash would have him pull a chair from hammerspace and smash it down in front of him! Hell if I know!
Imagine this goofy-looking guy running across the battlefield with fear written all over his face ( good roll and side-stepping skills! ) whilst flailing about a stick and throwing... things.
Jesus Christ, now I almost want him to be in.

Can I still nominate someone?
If so, 5x Gardevoir.

PS: Excuse the messiness of this post, please, it's late at night here. =<

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Most of you all didn't expect Pit to be in Brawl right? I didn't. I bet most of you would of given him a 30% rating or lower before he was announced for Brawl.

Most of you would of said this about Pit if he wasn't announced-
"Who is Pit?"
"There are more deserving characters"
etc. etc. etc.
Bad choice for an example =D
Most of us knew pit was going to be in brawl, it says on his trophy
"Will Pit ever fight again?"

Croco

Smash Lord
The fact that the Sim____ franchise no longer belongs exclusively to Nintendo probably would cause some problems, too.
Why would it be released on the VC then?
Why was there a SimCity 64 with Dr. Wright?
Which by the way is a simcity2000 port.. ;)

Dr. Wright is owned by Nintendo.. so is the SimCity SNES game.

Plus SimCity DS is coming out this year.. no word about Dr. Wright.. but you never know.

Either way there shouldn't be any problems.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Yet hes argument is way better than yours.

Anyway by what Crono said K.Rool is going to be in Brawl. HIPPIE! But theres one question I have to ask you Crono, why didnt you give another characters that have trophies in melee 99%? Thats rather odd, maybe because your vote is BIAS!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I understand what you mean about us not knowing which characters were going
to be in, I was just joking around with the Pit thing. I knew he was going to be in brawl,
with Metaknight and Wario, but I can't predict anyone else but Dedede and Diddy,
and even Diddy's not 99% guaranteed...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
FDL probably won't be counting my vote, since it's after his 24-hour period requirement, but I'll weight in any way. You guys seem to think characters like Tom Nook has a chance, yet you attack characters that have similar merits - and in Dr. Wright's case, even greater merits. Aside from his trophy in SSBM, little ol' Nookie hasn't made any cameo appearances outside of Animal Crossing, while Dr. Wright has on several occasions (i.e. Link's Awakening as "Mr. Wright"). Animal Crossing also lacks the legacy status of the Sim City series, which is a very important series to Nintendo - garnering several co-productions (i.e. Sim City SNES and Sim City 64) over the years, with Dr. Wright representing the partnership between Nintendo and Maxis - not to mention he is essentially the videogame personification of the one and only Will Wright - one of the most important figures in the entire industry. Therefore, with the consensus of Tom Nook being just under 44%, I think it's only fair to give Dr. Wright a 50% chance.

I nominate R.O.B. the robot 5x. (if not my vote FDL, please at least count my nomination...)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ah.... meowth,another 1st gen pokemon to hog spots away from others.
Unless he replaces m2 i do not want him,he is cool and and would be sweet to battel with,but sakura should(weather or not he will)represent the other gens first.

He is popular well know and been in many games so 60%

Gengar(5)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Meowth is one of the first characters I imagined having in Brawl... BUT he's just not a Pikachu. His popularity comes from the anime, and that shouldn't be a decisive factor, really. ...granted, it was with Jigglypuff, but the time to add Meowth instead of the puffball is long over.

I'd say 40% based on the fact that he does have popularity, but lacks actual importance in regard to the series, and wouldn't add much. There are better choices.

Also, Gardevoir x5.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Yay, another one I nominated first! I give Meowth a 70% chance
Pros: He is from one of the most popular gaming series.
He is from an anime series that was one of the most popular (dunno if it still is).
He is a classical character, not a new one (not necessarily a pro).
He is famous, I think as famous as Jigglypuff.
He is one the most important rival of pikachu, if you look at the pokemon only.

Cons:
There are already enough pokemon. Other games should go first.
He isn't a new pokemon.

70% chance

Nominate: Plok x5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While he is one of the most recognized pokemon, he doesn't seem very likely at this point. With 4 generations out now the competition for the few pokemon slots are huge, and chances are Sakurai might opt for the newer gens rather than go back to the first one. Meowth also doesn't strike me as being very interesting, seeing as his only signature move is pay day, but otherwise is no different from any other cat. And despite his prominence in the anime, it doesn't seem that it has much to do with how pokemon get into Smash. He may return in a pokeball, but I don't think he'll become a character.

15%

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Meowth! 80%, because he seems very likely, and he's SPECIAL:
He's the only non-legendary Pokémon to speak human,
He was planned to have his own game WITH HIS NAME IN THE TITLE,
(Only Pikachu has ever come that far)
And he makes a cameo in **** near EVERY episode in the animé.

Crash Bandicoot x5

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Meowth missed the boat. He is old, boring, and really cannot offer anything new to Smash.

A claw moveset with a few coins here and there. Sounds lame. And when there are so MANY pokemon to consider, why would another normal pokemon with stale moves be selected.

I do not think Sakurai will find much potential here.

12%

Midna/Wolf Link x 5

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Meowth! Yay. My Pokemon choice for Brawl. He's had a huge role in the Anime, and all the Pokemon so far are important in the anime. Plus, he seems to be pretty popular. Although many people want new generation Pokemon, I think that that is unnecessary. The first gen are the most popular. Plus, Meowth CAN TALK, so that makes him pretty unique. His sense of humor kept him popular in the anime, and hopefully he will be in Brawl. They took him out of a pokeball and gave him a trophy in Melee, so its time for his time. I give Meowth an 80% chance.

Nominate Vaati x5.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Ok, another pkmn. The way I see it, Meowth has had his chance. If he isn't in by now, chances are he's not going to be. The only chance I think he has is on the very low chance that jiggs is removed. But you never know.

Meowth: 25%

Nominations: Gengarx5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Meowth! 80%, because he seems very likely, and he's SPECIAL:
He's the only non-legendary Pokémon to speak human,
He was planned to have his own game WITH HIS NAME IN THE TITLE,
(Only Pikachu has ever come that far)
And he makes a cameo in **** near EVERY episode in the animé.

Crash Bandicoot x5
Oh yeah! Meowth was going to have his own game, and his Trophy's description gave a brief intro to what that game would be like; but it was cancelled. It's a shame, I would of liked to see what that game was like.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I say 80% just because alot of you are being to harsh. He still has an importance in the series, so that is what I think.

DK JR X5

Top Bottom