• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Stryks

Smash Hero
Meowth is too old, he was way more famous back when sbb and ssbm came out, why would he be in now that he has lost more popularity?... I just dont c it happening, I say only deoxys, lucario, pikachu, mewtwo (better overall) and (knowing how japan is crazy for him) munclax will be in too... either munclax or maybe the legendary ghost pkmn from the new D/P pkmn game...

15%

nominates: Dark samus x5

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I don't know, really. I do know he was very popular back in the day, but he's faded into obscurity ever since more and more waves of new ones fill the void. It could happen, but then again it could not. 50%.

Nominate Jeff (x5)

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Hear that Meowth? That's the sound of your oppourtunity being missed back in the Melee days. To me, there's too much newer gen competition for him right now to have a shot plus as other's have said his popularity is really low now. Besides, other then his anime phrases, would he really bring anything that impressive?

15% not a complete impossibility

1 x Mike Jones, 4 X Chrono

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'll give the kitty kat 55%. Why? Because even though hes kind of old,ans he still has quite of competion(Deoxys,Plusle and Minun,and unfortunately, Raichu). Hes still pretty popular, the second most important pokemon in the anime(still not quite sure how Jigglypuff made it in,although he/she is a good character to play with) and I have a feeling Pichu won't be returning,because I honestly see him as anything but a clone, and I heard clones will be axed/have changed movesets. All and all, not sure what his chances are..

TheBig_N

Smash Rookie
I say 80% just because alot of you are being to harsh
I'll give him 5% just because a lot of ppl like you are giving him more rating than Sonic, Diddy, King DeDeDe, etc. Who are more likely than this pkmn.

If he didn't make it in the past games, then now is rather unprovable.

Captain Syrup x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I'll give him 5% just because a lot of ppl like you are giving him more rating than Sonic, Diddy, King DeDeDe, etc. Who are more likely than this pkmn.

If he didn't make it in the past games, then now is rather unprovable.

Captain Syrup x5
HOORAY! Someone else is nominating Captain Syrup, too!

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Meowth? Errrm no, its just not going to happen. If anyone Lucario will be included to promote the 4th generation of pokemon. And if Lucario doesnt make it then Doexys(sp?) will for sure. So I give Meoth a low 10%.

Nominations - Bubsy(x5)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I doubt Meowth would get in now, especially since he has so much more competition, 10%.

Nominate Pac-Man x5.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Meowth to be a playable but since he hasn't made it into the 2 first games and is from the 1st generation I doubt he'll make it; 33%

nominate lip x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meowth, I don't get why people think he's so likely. Imo, if they wanted him he'd already been in SSB instead of Jigglypuff. Also, since that boxer bunny is getting populair in Japan it might take Jiggly's space instead of Meowth.

I'm giving him a 1% change.

Nominations:
Donkey Kong x5

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Meowth , in my mind, should have been in the first Smash Brother's gaem over Jiggily....if only it weren't for jiggly's popularity in Japan. Meoth was one of the major pokemon character's in the t.v. series, being pickachu's rival from team rocket and being able to talk etc. Meowth SHOULD be in this game, for he is one of pokemon's longtime biggest stars, and could easily be given a fitting moveset.. However, since he has not gotten in the first 2 games already, and now there is all this "Deoxy & Lucario new pokemon" hype, Meowth will probably go on being forgotten, absent from Smash, although he truely deserves it.

If it was up to me MEOWTH 100%
Being realistic here.....20%

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
No, meowth just won't make it. There's no reason for it to be in the game.
Being realistic here: 5%

Kirye

Smash Ace
Mike Jones.. ehm.. 20%. From what i've seen of him, he wouldn't necessarily fit in to the Brawl environment, he is Nintendo owned however, so he gets a fairly decent %.

Crono x 5

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Who? Mike Jones!
Who? Mike Jones!
Who? Mike Jones!

Sorry. Just figured I'd be the one to get that joke out of the way. =P I'd set his chances at around 20%. I know he has a huge fanbase and everything, but there's this nagging notion in the back of my mind that keeps telling me that characters that never hit the Japanese shores don't really stand too much of a chance.

Nominate Jeff (x5)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Who? Mike Jones!
Who? Mike Jones!
Who? Mike Jones!
I don't get it... =<

Well, he's retro, he's got a fanbase and Sakurai supposedly said something about trying to include some lesser known characters... but the concept strikes me as unlikely, and what wasn't released in Japan really does have low chances.
I'll go with a careful 22% and another five nominations for Gardevoir ( you made a typo, Ferro ).

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Who? Mike Jones!
Who? Mike Jones!
Who? Mike Jones!

Sorry. Just figured I'd be the one to get that joke out of the way. =P I'd set his chances at around 20%. I know he has a huge fanbase and everything, but there's this nagging notion in the back of my mind that keeps telling me that characters that never hit the Japanese shores don't really stand too much of a chance.

Nominate Jeff (x5)
Ya just had to do it HT... I swear, all these stupid jokes Mike Jones rapper guy are going to drive me toward insanity... :mad: I've never even heard of this guy before I made the Mike J. character thread - why is there so much reference made toward this nobody? Please let it stop here...

I'm rather disappointed by the reasoning so far, but I have to get to class so I'll post my pro-Mike J. rant a little later...

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Mike Jones: 15%. I don't see it happening, especially because the orignal game wasn't in Japan. It would be an interesting character and he is slightly popular (at least on the internet.)

Nominate Vaati x5.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Ya just had to do it HT... I swear, all these stupid jokes Mike Jones rapper guy are going to drive me toward insanity... :mad: I've never even heard of this guy before I made the Mike J. character thread - why is there so much reference made toward this nobody? Please let it stop here...

I'm rather disappointed by the reasoning so far, but I have to get to class so I'll post my pro-Mike J. rant a little later...
He did it to get it out of the way, no reason to get mad at it. =\ It's just a video game character, like how that one guy *****ed about Bowser jr. being called Baby Bowser, lmfao.

The character is fairly obscure anyway. o.O;

Croco

Smash Lord
Mike Jones?
I can see him in Brawl.. His chance? Actually fairly high..
Since he is basically Rick Wheeler in the F-Zero GP Legend cartoon and game.. I would say he has good chances.

95% Chance

Alice x5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
If it helps Lord_Deathborne, I hadn't heard of the nobody rapper either until he was mentioned in the Mike Jones thread:ohwell:

I feel bad for Mike though. He's a very good choice for a retro character and has so much potential for an interesting moveset. His only real problem is that his game wasn't released in Japan, which unfortunately is actually quite a big deal. However, I think the devs in Japan are aware of his existance at least, so it's not like he hasn;'t been heard of over there.

Croco has brought up Rick Wheeler as well, and from what I've seen, he does seem to pay homage to Mike Jones (he even has a rivalry with an alien named Zoda, the main villain from the Startropics game). This suggests that Mike hasn't been forgotten, so his chances definately aren't out of the window (aas the makers at Nintendo do seem to know of him)

I'll give him 60%. I would give him higher but I'm still not sure they would add a character the Japanese aren't aware of, but he'd be a good character addition regardless.

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Mike Jones?
I can see him in Brawl.. His chance? Actually fairly high..
Since he is basically Rick Wheeler in the F-Zero GP Legend cartoon and game.. I would say he has good chances.

95% Chance

Alice x5
That's really really bad reasoning, in fact, I'd even go as far as to say "worst reasoning to date".

Because he is just like a different person that is not him?

I give this character around a 40% chance, because even though he
never made it to Japan, Brawl could be his chance to be introduced to Japan,
like Marth and Roy to the U.S. and U.K.

Crash Bandicoot x5

Top Bottom