• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, Crono is quite popular, and he did have a great game. But, there is one factor that I think hampers his appearance quite dramatically:

Square-Enix.

Chances are that if Nintendo asks Square for a character, it'll be Geno, as he's the most requested character for Brawl, according to the Toukoken. If Square approaches Nintendo about adding a character, who do you think they'll be offering up? My money says that if Squenix wants to add anybody, they'll want to add a certain spikey-haired blond boy. Crono is probably going to fall by the wayside once again. 15%

Nominate Jeff (x5)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Well, Crono is quite popular, and he did have a great game. But, there is one factor that I think hampers his appearance quite dramatically:

Square-Enix.

Chances are that if Nintendo asks Square for a character, it'll be Geno, as he's the most requested character for Brawl, according to the Toukoken. If Square approaches Nintendo about adding a character, who do you think they'll be offering up? My money says that if Squenix wants to add anybody, they'll want to add a certain spikey-haired blond boy. Crono is probably going to fall by the wayside once again. 15%

Nominate Jeff (x5)
Thats exactly what I thought. Why put in an old character that only hard-core fans are going to know about,while they can put one of their A-list stars?

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Crono is an A-List star, just not very well known amongst new gamers. I never played CT on the SNES, I played it on the PS1, and it was GREAT. I even downloaded an played it on Snes9x.

Only thing is, he really is quite old, mean, over 10 years now... A lot of new gamers don't know nor care about him, so would rather see a more modern character like Cloud or Sora to be in it.

But really, no other Square character other than Crono could fit RIGHT into Brawl.

He'd have a strong set of direct moves with a good set of magics/technics' to match.

Where area's Cloud's huge sword would absolutely make a mockery out of Marth and Link.

Sora... We've already got one brown haired teenager in the game (Pit). Do we need another?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Crono hails from a game regarded as one of the best games of all time, so naturally you'd think the chance of him appearing in Smash now that 3rd party characters can get in is a good one. Unfortunately, as HT pointed out, he probably isn't the first in mind for an SE rep on either Nintendo or SE's side. Sakurai seems to have taken a particular interest in Geno, and the FF series is probably the series that SE would push. They probably could realize the potential that Crono would bring to Smash and recognize just how much people want him, but I'm not counting on him appearing due to competition for the 3rd party slots in general, let alone other competitors from his own company.

Still, I give him 40%, as we're not too sure how this 3rd party business will turn out.

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers Anyone?
The flaw in your logic there is that Nintendo has that kind of freedom here. It's their game for their stars. They can put in as many as they please. The problem here is that Squenix doesn't have that freedom. They get one shot, if they even have that. If Square gets to add a character it'll be just that. A character. One. That's why they'll probably pull out the biggest guns they've got.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not going to rate Cronos chanses in Brawl because I don't even know who it is.

I noinate Vaati (x2) and Dark Samus (x3).
Welcome to the Dark Samus side, aka the winning side as Strkys calls it!

The flaw in your logic there is that Nintendo has that kind of freedom here. It's their game for their stars. They can put in as many as they please. The problem here is that Squenix doesn't have that freedom. They get one shot, if they even have that. If Square gets to add a character it'll be just that. A character. One. That's why they'll probably pull out the biggest guns they've got.
^^^^ Exactly, and Square Enix will probably have Geno over Crono.

Where area's Cloud's huge sword would absolutely make a mockery out of Marth and Link.

Sora... We've already got one brown haired teenager in the game (Pit). Do we need another?
Cloud has little if any chance (=only appeared a little on Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA, otherwise has made no Nintendo platform appearance), Sora has a bit better chances(star of KH: CoM), but again Geno is up there right behind Sonic (most desired character), and with Diddy Kong and King Dedede, ranging probably anywhere from the #2-#4 spot in most desired SSBB characters. So Crono doesn't exactly have the best of chances.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Crono..?
<<(go to wikipedia)

ehh?!! that guy art style is EXACLY LIKE DRAGON BALL !! WHAT?!?!

I hate DB >_< !!

P.S. I Don't know the guy really...

0% Crono
You can't do a 0% chance, read the first post.

Also, that's just the artwork, the story itself is NOTHING like DBZ.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Trust me, the art is the only thing bad about the game. But at least the characters don't look DB-ish at all in the game ( except for their portraits )...

Croco

Smash Lord
If they do special cut scenes for each character in a story/adventure mode.. It would be so unexpected to see Captain Syrup step out of nowhere for Wario's cutscene. Also.. smash needs a female villain.. Captain Syrup is the woman to fill that spot.

60% chance.
Laughing Dog x5

Tera253

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup eh, this one certainly a weirdo. Tera's going to go with about 3.1415926... wait, that's Tera's favorite number (PI!!!) no, no. about 55.6%, primarily because that would expand the flaor of SSBB in a colorful assortment of ways.
Nominations: Lyn (x5)
~Tera253~

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Syrup gets a whopping 5% from me. Let's face facts here. We didn't get that Wario in Brawl. We got the Ware version. Which means that they will choose Wario Ware characters over Wario Land characters. It's simple logic.

Nominate Jeff (x5)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
15% chance,and thats being REALLY generous. Shes not that well know,sorry.

I nom. ROB 3X and Dark Samus 2X

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Eh, I expected as much, but she IS a cult favorite, like Kid Icarus was.
kind of, but know where near Pit. I knew about Pit before Melee even came out, I never knew who Captain Syrup was until about six months ago. Besides, Kid Icarus has been a beloved NES game for years now, I don't think the Wario game she appeared in(don't remember the name) is near KI's popularity

Top Bottom