• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
15% chance,and thats being REALLY generous. Shes not that well know,sorry.

I nom. ROB 3X and Dark Samus 2X
Alrite=go Dark Samus, nice pick Chibirobo. Hmm...very intresting, I bet brawlmatt is happy, lol! :laugh: Now for a fair percentage....28%. I don't see it happening, and I'm stuck between 25 and 30 percent, so 28% is good.

I vote Dark Samus 5x! Ya people vote Dark Samus=ownage! :) :) :)

^^^^=O ya!

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
It's not going to happen. Yes, Syrup has fan support, in some cases borderline cultish. Yes she is in the very limited female villian character section. Yes, she is named after a tasty substance that you can put on pancakes. But all that doesn't make up for the fact that she is obscure and out of date. There are several other marioverse charcters with higher chances. Likewise there won't be room to have a villain for every character and there are much better villains. As far I know, Syrup has only been in Wario Land 1 and 2 of which I played the first one. Wasn't that great of a boss.

0.5%

Can't think of any nominations

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's not going to happen. Yes, Syrup has fan support, in some cases borderline cultish. Yes she is in the very limited female villian character section. Yes, she is named after a tasty substance that you can put on pancakes. But all that doesn't make up for the fact that she is obscure and out of date. There are several other marioverse charcters with higher chances. Likewise there won't be room to have a villain for every character and there are much better villains. As far I know, Syrup has only been in Wario Land 1 and 2 of which I played the first one. Wasn't that great of a boss.

0.5%

Can't think of any nominations
Lol, think you put a little low. Out of date isn't really saying much, look at the IC, Ness, G&W, Pit, they are old, and many would say out of date, so that point is irrelevant. (*cough* vote Dark Samus 5x=o ya!) ;) :) :cool:

y3nia659

Smash Ace
She represents Wario Land, first female to become a major re-appearing villain. If there should be a female villain, she's first in line.

Captain Syrup: 99.999%

Votes:
3 for Princess Daisy
2 for Dixie Kong

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Ergh... Captain Syrup... yet another character I'll never understand where her suddenly popularity came from... (Despite my general dislike of the general Nsider community, I will admit that they're very good at selling their ideas, seeing how they infiltrate every other Smash community on the Internet...) Let's get real here: First of all she's an obscure Wario Land boss character who hasn't been seen since Wario Land II - and with a whooping two game appearances, that puts her about on par with Tatanga from Super Mario Land I & II... Secondly, there is the concern as far as an overcrowding of Mario Universe characters - and if there's going to be any more of those, they're going to need to have better credentials than having appearing in two mildly popular GB games... Finally, there's the whole complaint about there possibly being too may sword fighters (not one I share, but I felt the need to address it), so once more, roster spots for additional swashbucklers should go to characters with higher merits, such a Fire Emblem lord, a Golden Sun character, etc. So with all of this in consideration, I'm giving Cappy Syrup an extra generous 1%.

I nominate Ray 5x. (Where's the Custom Robo lovin'?)

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
She is a female vilain, but unfortunately she only appeared in Wario games as far as i can tell, if she would have appeared in a mario kart or sports game she would have a higher chance.

15% for Captain Syrup

Nominate Crash Bandicoot x5

Fawriel

Smash Master
What HiddenTiger said... the Wario in Brawl is the Wario Ware one ( what a sentence ). Minus points.
She's female, and she's a pirate. As much as that is awesome, it gets an equal amount of minus points for being cliched ( also, Tetra ).
She's the final boss of two games... Petey Piranha has been a boss in a *lot* of games... *shrugs*

I don't see it happening. 5%
5x Gardevoir

EDIT: I browsed through the ratings and saw "Celda". What on earth is Celda? WW Zelda? If so ( ignoring the derogatory remark ), did that include Tetra?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
woah, look at the 2 posts above ^^^^, one wayyyyyyy too high, one way too low, lol! From one extreme to the other, lol!
Part of the reason I voted so low was to offset the incredibly unrealistic 99.99% rating in the post above mine. I'd probably would have given her a 5% otherwise - yes it's still very low, but I'm almost certain that Sakurai and Co. aren't going to dig into the depths of already represented franchises. I decided to be a little nicer though, so I gave her an updated rating of one whole percentage point...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see the attraction of her. Granted there aren't many female villain candidates, but that's really the only thing going for her, and it's not as though we desperately need one. She's incredibly obscure from an already strongly repped series with other characters that should get in before her, and as pointed out Wario is not representing that part of him, so a Wario addition (if there is one, Wario has just got in himself) would be from the WarioWare series. She also doesn't strike me as being potential interesting as a brawler, but that saisd I've never had much love for pirates.

5%

Nominate: Vaati (x5)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
She represents Wario Land, first female to become a major re-appearing villain. If there should be a female villain, she's first in line.

Captain Syrup: 99.999%

Votes:
3 for Princess Daisy
2 for Dixie Kong
Ha HA! Thanks for such a high rating!

Say, wait, have you posted on this thread before? Have you been nominating Capt. Syrup as well?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding? Captain Syrup? I give her a 0.3% chance of getting in Brawl.

Nominations - Bubsy(x5)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Why do I have a feeling the poor captain will barely make it past Dr.Wright,Gex,and HMS in the voting polls?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
^^Still, she's most likely going to be somewhere in the Bottom 10...
I guess I'll have to agree with you there...

Oh well, at least she's finally being rated for! Now I can get to the other characters on my list!

And let me tell you, it's a big list! I've got quite a few characters I want rated! Black Mage was one of the ones I wanted to do the most.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
um... I'm assuming that we've finished with Captain Syrup (at last). I say we vote Kammy Koopa's chances. Oh, wait, am I supposed to say
Kammy x5.

Well, whatever; I say 17%

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
um... I'm assuming that we've finished with Captain Syrup (at last). I say we vote Kammy Koopa's chances. Oh, wait, am I supposed to say
Kammy x5.

Well, whatever; I say 17%
Hey, you think this is lasting a long time, do you? There have been many ones that have lasted MUCH longer.

Well, the reason why this is lasting a while is because Ferro is having computer troubles, and it trying to update as often as he can.

BTW, is that rating for Captin Syrup? Just wondering.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Love the idiots who put 90% up, and below 2%=moronic, unless you were like Lord Deathborne, who was trying to balance out that totally stupid 99%, lmao! I was definitely way too fair with that 28%, but c'mon .2%=too low. It all comes down to popularity and retroness in the end. At least be fair and give Capt a 5%, and .2% is total bull, Capt. has way better chances, even if I don't like Capt. Syrup, at least be fair, vs. being stupid.

Not liking Capt. Syrup (or any character for that matter) is okay, but at least be fair. .2% is totally not fair, and 99.9% is beyond how biased I'll ever be, lol! Believe me I can be pretty biased=WW Link, Diddy Kong, Dark Samus, and Megaman lol! Biased people who are for those four are awsome=o ya!

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Hey, you think this is lasting a long time, do you? There have been many ones that have lasted MUCH longer.

Well, the reason why this is lasting a while is because Ferro is having computer troubles, and it trying to update as often as he can.

BTW, is that rating for Captin Syrup? Just wondering.
Um... Yeah, whoops. My actual rating for Captain Syrup is 4.5% - Her main appearance was in a pretty minor game really - so I think shes very unlikely.

Top Bottom