• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Though I think Waluigi would have an insane moveset, realistically, there are better Mario characters, and there are better franchise candidates for random slots. I could see Waluigi get in in about v.5 of Brawl, maybe. Here, his chance is minimal. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to be leaving us anytime soon...

Waluigi's Chances: 18 %

Nominations:

Midna x5

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
There is no need for me to state Waluigi's situation since it's already been mentioned several times already - a long story short: There is no need for a Mario filler character in SSBB. I give Waluigi a 5% chance, and that's being considerably generous on my part.

I nominate Mach Rider 5x.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
****! I missed Sonic!

...Oh well.

As for Waluigi, he's one of me top ten. Also, the way I see it, it's like Luigi; if Mario's in then Luigi's in, and if Wario's in, Waluigi's in. Sure, many peoplw say he's just a filler character, but this is the perfect chance to prove otherwise!

Waluigi: 80%

Nominations:

Stafy x5

Sensai

Smash Master
Man. My opinions on this are completely different from yours, as I gave him a 90 and you guys give him 20s.

Or is it? No, not really.

Pretty much everyone of you has said something about him only being a 'filler' for party games, which, sorry to point out, is exactly what Smash is: a party game. On top of that, I'm not sure Nintendo is thinking about who is 'worthy' and who is not, as they put Pichu into Melee and included Doc for a song.

rifton

Smash Cadet
Waluigi...
The only way I could see him getting in is if they make a spastic moveset from all the party games he's been in.

35%

Oh.. and Midna x5

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Waluigi? Nah. There are many more deserving characters, and if he doesn't wind up being a clone of Mario, he'll probably be a clone of Luigi. Or both.

Unlike Wario, he hasn't had any time to develop, nor has he gained a definitive personality. Wario had his game boy games and his Wario Ware games that portrayed him as a humorus, greedy anti-hero. But what the Hell is Waluigi?

20% and I'm being nice.

Nominates:
Midna X3
Krystal X2

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Sensai, Doctor Mario has his own game.Even Pichu is a main charcter somewhat in it's own series. Being included in movies and episodes mainly.Jiggs too. Not to say that everyone in Smash has to be an exact MAIN character but usually they have to have some prominence in their own roles. That is probably why most people are giving Waluigi 30's and 20's.

Sensai

Smash Master
Protoman, you're right. Doc did have his own game, and that makes him more qualified then Waluigi, I suppose, regardless of how good the game is.

Croco

Smash Lord
He's been in a surprisingly large amount of games, and he's quite popular. Besides, there running out of good Mario chars.
Yeah.. they sure are..
(Not saying all below should go in Brawl)

Kamek
Bowser Jr.
Tatanga
Fawful
Wart
Spike
Toad
Ukkiki
Daisy
Professor E. Gadd
Baby Mario and Luigi
Geno

Nadji

Smash Cadet
Sonic, very popular and for a good reason. whether or not he makes Brawl remains to be seen I'd give him 70%

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi I do not see in SSBB, so I give him 15% chance of getting in. There are WAY more characters that have a better chance of getting in.

Noms - Gex(x5)

cu00x19

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi...50%+, just because he's got his own stages in Mario Cart DS and Double Dash. His stages kick serious booty.

Plus his...bro/cousin/relative Wario will be in it, so why not?

It's like "why was Luigi even in the original SSB 64?"

Cuz Mario was in it.

~Life

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You people seem to forget that Wario is in his WarioWare look so he'd have no connection to Waluigi at all. And even so... Why would Waluigi be in Brawl? What does he has to offer? For a Mario sports and kart representitive we have Peach already, and Toad could easly have party and sport moves to...

Also, asuming we have Luigi back I think we'd have way too many mustached-cap wearing- Mario characters in Brawl. And I still think there are alot more Mario characters to take under consideration...

Waluigi is just a filler character, only there to fill in a role for Wario's partner in Mario Sports. But since the developers choose to give Wario his WarioWare outfit, I'd much rather have another WarioWare character to fill in the role as Wario's partner.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
The only way Waluigi is going to step up from a filler character is if he joins his bro/relative/best friend Wario in Wario ware. Or comes out with his own game tht doesn't suck. Or they have a game where Wario and Waluigi team up in a RPG adventure game like the Mario and Luigi saga (Which it totally rocked).

Wrath`

Smash Master
Now that i've read the post,this is what i have to say.

You say that waluigi has no character background.Thats not true,although it's verey little we know scertiant things about his background like:he is wario's brother,he might have ties to the wrecking crew,and other small things.Although most all of them sporst games he was in alot like: Mario Tennis, Mario Party series, Mario Power Tennis, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Hoops 3-on-3,mario kart ds.

And when you unlocked luigi in ssb you had the mario brothers.So since you have wario,you will probably have to unlock wario.

Do any of you peeps bother to read the wiki?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hahaha I laugh at the waluigi fans:
11) Waluigi – 29.76% - 39.1%, 31st place

Isaac, seeing how camelot or whatever the name is left nintendo, his chances are way los, I give him 20% chance...

nominates:
Mach rider x5

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't see Isaac being in Brawl. It's just not going to happen. And honestly, I don't really understand why anyone wants him there...haha. Felix was the cooler character, by far.

15%.

I nominate Midna. 5 times.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Issac? While I'd like to say he'd make it in based on the reason that I like him, I don't think he'll make it just because if Smash Bros. needs swordsmen, they have a plethora to choose from in the Fire Emblem Series. However, if someone from Golden Sun was to make it in, It would undoubtedly be Issac.

Not Felix. So bleah to you Sensei. :psycho:

25%

Nominates:
Midna X3
Krystal X2

Wrath`

Smash Master
Issac=20%,I didn't even know who he was till now.And you atleast have to be somewhat known to be in brawl

blaziken(5)

Got support him since everyone else is going for lucrio the movie based fad

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Never heard of him or series but he seems to liked by a good amount of people. Plus there's not that many sword people considering Y.link and Roy will probably be leaving. So I give him 36%.
I nominate Minda x5 for no reason

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Seems like I'm the only one with any faith in Isaac.

To clear some things up, Camelot (the creators of golden sun, the game Isaac comes from), is still owned by Nintendo as a 2nd party, but are making an online golf game for the PC at the moment (considering these are the guys that made Mario golf, it's not too surprising). They've also announced that they are making an RPG, but nothing is known about it except that its in development.

Now to Isaac. Golden Sun was a popular GBA RPG game, and there's a chance that it might get some representation in Brawl. If it gets as much as a character, then Isaac is pretty much the best choice (Felix is also, but I think overall Isaac has priority, but that's just my personal take on it). He is a swordsman, but his psynergy skills could easily be implemented into his moveset to make him a unique character. He also appeared twice on Sakurai's poll, so it seems asd though Sakurai might take him into consideration. His problem though is that he comes from a currently unrepped series, and there are plenty of of other new series that are also deserving of representation, and part of me feels that Isaac may be pushed to the side.

I'll give him a 50% chance, as while he has a good chance he's nowhere near a certain edition.

Nominate: Lucario (x3), Krystal (x1) and Midna (x1)

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
50% to Isaac. They could have Isaac use something other than a sword. In Golden Sun, he could use a bunch of different weapons. However, I assume they'd stick to his swordsmanship, so that's why I give him a 50%.
Krystal (x3) Zant (x2)

kaid

Smash Master
50%. Issac is the main character of the first game, and playable for half of the second game. While he has a sword, his moveset would be filled with Psynergy attacks, much as Zelda uses Magic. The closest he would come to another character would be a sword wielding gannondorf, actually... which is why I put his percentage so low.

Lucario x5

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else plan on entering the banner contest? If not, then I'll go ahead and declare the winner now.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
id say about 60%; he wouldnt be just another sword user, hed be able to use his psynergy skills (aka magic) to make him the ultimate range character. which would be awesome. plus the golden sun series is amazing, you all need to play it if you havent.

nominating...hector x5

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ferro I MAY make a banner, but somehow doubt it, I retired for a reasons, tough I may do it, but dont get ur hopes up...

Isaac is from camelot, and since camelot left nintendo his chances are way low, just wanted to make that clear...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I was just wanting to know so I could decide on a winner yet, or if someone else wanted a shot. I would like to have a banner up before Day 15.

Top Bottom