• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8.5/10 - That sounded great and I assumed it came out 10 years ago (it gave off a lot of 2000's vibes), but then I looked them up and it turns out that song was released this year. Thanks for showing me a cool band, Kaiju!
No problem, dude. Glad to hear someone liked the song, somewhat. But yeah, they're new, so if you liked them alright, go for it.

PS. The account of the video, and name on the down corner of the video is the uploader and it has a TON of songs of very diverse rock genres so if that's also your style and want to hear of more rock bands I HIGHLY recommend checking the channel on Youtube. :cool:

Anyway, with that out of the way, unto the song above. I'll give it: 6.5/10.

It was somewhat alright. Enjoyed the instruments in it quite a bit.

Now, with that, I'll leave this song here-

:upsidedown:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No problem, dude. Glad to hear someone liked the song, somewhat. But yeah, they're new, so if you liked them alright, go for it.

PS. The account of the video, and name on the down corner of the video is the uploader and it has a TON of songs of very diverse rock genres so if that's also your style and want to hear of more rock bands I HIGHLY recommend checking the channel on Youtube. :cool:

Anyway, with that out of the way, unto the song above. I'll give it: 6.5/10.

It was somewhat alright. Enjoyed the instruments in it quite a bit.

Now, with that, I'll leave this song here-

:upsidedown:
Overall. It was an ok song. I liked the opening portion of the song but it just couldn't hook me in. Plus, I wasn't a huge fan of the vocals near the end. Still, good song but not my cup of tea.

5.8/10

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Umm, well, that was...something. Not my cup of tea but it is something alright.

3/10.

Anyway, I'll leave this song here-

:cool:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Video is blocked in the US on copyright grounds, I'm guessing it's not an official channel or something?

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
On the fence with this one. I kept on thinking I liked it and then thinking I disliked it, overall a solid 7/10
That guitar man!

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
2./10.

Kind of weird video and it was sort of an so-so song. Strange overall. :dizzy:

:bowser:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It sort of sounds like a lot of other action-like BGMs but without strong bass or treble
6/10

It did trigger a strong memory of this song from Actraiser.....man oh man when I hear this song I'm transported to a time and place. I don't know why but this song to me is so melancholy, actually kinda depressing to a degree. Makes me think of opulence and death, or about reflecting on the deaths of soldiers after a great battle. Quite a strange mixture considering that's not what this part of the game was about.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10.

16bit goodness. Catchy, melodic and memorable. :cool:

With that said, here's another song to leave here-

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
6/10
I liked it but I'm not sure I'd seek it out to listen to it again

Shout outs to the girl in the white dress who's really REALLY trying to make an impression here. She need to calm down tho.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Weird video? I think you need to read the first post. You aren't judging the video you're judging the song.
Oh. Alright...

Weird video AND an even WEIRDER SONG. Better...? :seuss:

Anyway, with that nonsense out of the way, I'll be unto reviewing the song above. Which I'll give: 4.5/10.

Interesting song. The Sax on it is really cool. Not my kind of music, but I liked it a bit for that.

With that said, here's thing song I'll leave this here...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - An interesting arrangement of the menu music, but I like the menu music a bit better.

EDIT: You might do yourself a favor by skipping the first 30 seconds. It's kinda really weird.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I posted that one a while back and you rated it
I remember posting Winona's Big Brown Beaver, but don't recall seeing any other Primus. OK, I'll post this one, then:

Last edited:

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
I remember posting Winona's Big Brown Beaver, but don't recall seeing any other Primus. OK, I'll post this one, then:

Like the guitar don't like the vocals 6/10
Apologies for posting this guy so often, I can't think of anything else any good right now :p.

Also pay attention to the credits and listen carefully to the song at the same time for extra fun.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Again that one was blocked in my country (US) here's one that wasn't if it's the same:

He's a really good rapper, uses an interesting cadence and cuts his words at unique points to complete the phrases and rhymes.

7.5/10

Here's the post from a little while back Spak Spak
I was just pointing it out because I remembered it and then afterwards you and substitution posted some Primus also which I thought was cool, I was down to hear more opinions of the song. The intentions of my message was lost in text.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-the-above-song-then-post-another.394030/page-13#post-20180959

7/10 - One of the strangest vocal tracks I've ever heard, but it's very unique and the guitar part is interesting.
I haven't heard this song or seen this video in so long. It's crazy how massive it was when it first made MTV. Definitely a milestone in mainstream rap.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

OLD-SCHOOL MTV. Nice song also. Back when music was fun to see/hear in tha channel on TV alright. Not a huge fan of the genre of Eminem but it is certainly one of the few that I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I'll leave this song here-

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I've always felt kinda meh about Pendulum. To me it seems like one of their songs is great and then the rest are just copies of that song like they are all from the same template.

6/10

Or maybe it's cause I prefer cleaner more musical DnB like Netsky and Prodigy

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It's good but I definitely prefer the original a lot more, the remix feels a bit shoe-horned and bare bones

6.5/10

If you want you can watch the intro which has a funny bit, I posted where the song starts -

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
3.5/10.

Not my type of music but the sax was good and overall the song is alright.

;)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
2/10 - The lyrics have no meaning, it is repetitive, if it meant to be serious (which I am starting to seriously doubt more as I get further as I get more into the video) it is badly composed, repetitive, and annoying, and if it is meant to be funny, it fails to make me laugh. It gets a 2 for effort, but fails in pretty much every category.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10
Pretty epic instrumental, but in a pretty safe and predictable way.

I know like 3 Undertale songs have been posted but I don't know if this one was posted before my time in thie thread, sorry if it has -

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Not really acknowledgable of the game itself, but for the music, it is quite great. For such a short track, it was nice.

With that said, I'll leave this song here-

Band known mostly by the times their songs have been featured on the WWE and such.

:shades:.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
2/10 - The lyrics have no meaning, it is repetitive, if it meant to be serious (which I am starting to seriously doubt more as I get further as I get more into the video) it is badly composed, repetitive, and annoying, and if it is meant to be funny, it fails to make me laugh. It gets a 2 for effort, but fails in pretty much every category.
You heard it here first folks. Spak Spak doesnt like Dance music.

Also, 6/10.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
0/10

I've heard Nickelback songs better than that.

You call that music? It's nothing but a bunch of noise. 0/10
It's time to get some scary music for Halloween coming up.
0/10

You can't mix rock with Irish music! That's a true sin!

0/10

I HATE Breaking Benjamin!

You heard it here first folks. Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi doesn't like alt rock, punk pop, Irish rock, or one of the most critically acclaimed hard rock bands of the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
This is kind of why I want to start a new thread for music.

rating 1-10 is inherently flawed and it makes a large majority of people take the scores personally ("oh wow I got a 10, yay I'm happy and I like this guy and his music taste" "Boo I got a 2? WTF is wrong with this guy he sucks I will retaliate with low scores")

I'd much rather do it without scores or maybe something more simple like

0. I can't stand this song
1. I'd skip this song if it came on the radio
2. I like it but wouldn't listen again
3. I'd listen to it all if it came on the radio
4. I'd buy it
5. I want to listen to this every day

Or maybe it could just be about recommendations, ask for a genre or give a song and get a recommendation for a similar song.

Also Equestrian man c'mon you do get kind of trollish with your scores and replies. There was a while there where you were posting bad MLP songs and rating 0/10s to songs you'd probably give 6s and aboves if you yourself had posted them.

Top Bottom