• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
7/10 It's definitely good though can't say I like the lyrics and the melody is a bit repetitive so can't go higher :p

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
10-3 /10 do the math.
Soooo...9.7 out of 10 ? (order of operations)

7/10
I love the original, that one is obviously intentionally obnoxious. At least it's consistent goshdarnit.

^^ Just the first iteration then it repeats after 2 minutes ^^

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Soooo...9.7 out of 10 ? (order of operations)

7/10
I love the original, that one is obviously intentionally obnoxious. At least it's consistent goshdarnit.

^^ Just the first iteration then it repeats after 2 minutes ^^
I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games, but I like their music.
8/10

It's been a while since I put a pokemon remix here, so here goes :p

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Its... 7/10. Eh. Close enough!

(Note: I am only replying here, so rate Plunder's song.)
I think you meant (10 - 3) / 10

6/10 - Better than the last one of these I rated, but I'm still not a fan of those remixes. I dislike all of the instruments they chose to use other than the synth and I'm partially OK with the bass guitar (I would be more OK with it if it actually sounded like a bass).

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I think you meant (10 - 3) / 10

6/10 - Better than the last one of these I rated, but I'm still not a fan of those remixes. I dislike all of the instruments they chose to use other than the synth and I'm partially OK with the bass guitar (I would be more OK with it if it actually sounded like a bass).
Yea I'm sure he understood, I was just being a math troll :shades:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Alright, going on the upper track with the song, I must say, it is quite enjoyed. Not my cup of tea in the sense of the series, but still fine IMO. Both for music and the game series, that is. I remember listening to some tracks of your posts with KoF, and they're cool. Quite something to have in the background while reading or doing whatever online.

So for that, I'll give it, 7/10.

And with that said, I'll leave this track here. One by a band known, for good or bad reasons, as Bring Me the Horizon. I must say myself, I wasn't that huge of a fan of them for awhile until I listened to this song many years back when this got released. I liked the ambient-core-esque sound of the band, and in some of their songs of the album this comes from, it is noticeable. They weren't really that way prior to then, being even 'harder' in a Deathcore way, but seemed like from that point of the album Sempiterna, which this song comes from, they got the attention they got from the one they have now. Not that it is superband status of the core, but still known in the 'scene'.

I haven't been into their latest stuff bar this, but this song and the album this come from like I said, I liked it quite a bit. It is decent. Recommended to fans of the genres, Metalcore, Experimental and Atmospheric. :cool:

Ps. Yes, the title of the song is a reference to the series we all known has a rep in Smash that likes to say, 'Showtime!'...

:bowser:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I remember seeing this video a while back and really liking the visual style (It's like they filmed it with a 3D stereoscopic camera and kept alternating and blending between the two lenses)

I like the song too, it's definitely their most main stram and recognizable from what I can remember.
8/10

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

I must say, although I'm not that big fan of the genre but this track was alright. Liked how it was a 'story' with the lyrics as it went on. Kind of catchy too. :cool:

And with that said, there's this track to share here. Continuing with the 'trend' of MGS-esque tracks, sort of, here's this one from the album 'Harmony of Heroes: Final Smash'.

The continuation of the first 'Harmony of Heroes' where many musicians cooperate for one special-compilation of music of the many series represented in Smash. Quite good, actually. In this case, one for MGS: Snake Eater. You can discern the lyrics from the Main-Theme of it. It is great for a 'cover'. Recommended for fans of the music of MGS, and Nintendo franchises as a whole there.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Well if it didn't have ties to a game I don't think I would have listened to it all the way through. The production was a bit lacking as were the vocals. Did have a nice James Bond opening song feel to it though (contemporary jazz)

5/10

Fun fact about this music video, it's almost all real and live. These two in the video are world class free dive champions. They just used a few lens tricks and edits to make some parts appear deeper than they actually are.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - The music video was great, but it's a problem when the vocalist is supposed to be the main attraction and there are only like 12 lines of lyrics that aren't repeated from earlier in the song. In addition, the backing track was fairly bland, so there wasn't anything to detract from the repetitive, generic lyrics. The only saving grace other than the video is the style of the vocalists; they both had a great performance.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10

I've always really liked the chorus of that song, but not really much else.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5.5/10.

Intriguing song to listen. It really takes you back to when this one was released. Not all familiarized with the band, but I enjoyed little bit. That guitar in the intro was good.

And with that said, I'll leave this song here. If you're familiar with the band known as Creed, one of Post-Grunge, then this is one of their songs. To be frank, I'm not that BIG of a fan of them, but after giving them a chance, I can see why they're liked in terms of people fans of the genre. Up there with bands like Alter Bridge, or Cold, and if you're a fan of any of them, then check them out. BTW, this song was featured in a previous WWE PPV known as Backlash. Back when their content was actually entertaining and engaging.

Leachim

Smash Rookie
7/10. Not really my thing but it brings back good memories of when I was really into WWE when I was a kid.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10. Not really my thing but it brings back good memories of when I was really into WWE when I was a kid.

That was actually pretty funny to watch.
Also, It wasn't bad. Kinda catchy, got a dance-like feel to it.
7/10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5/10 - I might have given this song a higher rating if it didn't have that really bad digital flutter-tounged-sounding instrument. That gives me PTSD from playing Monster's Inc for the GBC when I was a kid. I just remembered that game and now I want to forget as soon as I can. It gets another point from when I wrote this review the first time, though, because it doesn't have as huge of a role (only like being shanked twice a measure instead of being stabbed repeatedly in the ear). I'll be honest, though, it's so distracting that I can't analyze what's happening underneath it.

EDIT: Corrected wording. I couldn't even think straight over that music.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I might have given this song a higher rating if it didn't have that really bad digital flutter-tounged-sounding instrument. That gives me PTSD from playing Monster's Inc for the GBC when I was a kid. I just remembered that game and now I want to forget as soon as I can.
You said this exact same thing on another song that Plunder Plunder posted :p

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yuppers, copied and pasted. I heard the song and I was like "Oh gosh, I despise triangle waves".

(this post can be ignored for the purpose of this thread)

Well to defend lovely triangle waves they aren't the culprit here. In fact most people (myself included) find that the triangle wave is their favorite of the waveforms from low bit music (It's like a Sine wave but with personality and attitude)

What you are referring to is a type of ring modulator, FM synthesis where they take a wave form and then modulate it within another waveform. In the case of what you don't like it's a sound modulated within a square wave or saw wave. SO you get a sound similar to older telephones (AKA the classic phone ring sound). Square waves cause the fast and constant on off or loud soft cycless, the speed of course depending on frequency in Hz.

Here's a mediocre example -

The two leads are square waves (they are harsh and crispy), the bass is a triangle wave (mellow but harmonic), and the noise channel is of course for percussion -

If you were to put the triangle wave inside one of the square waves (using Frequency Modulation) it would produce the sound you don't like.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10.

Great rendition of the Zelda Theme. I know it isn't that much different from the 'actual' track, but it was endearing to hear. That kind of music to just sit back, relax and enjoy.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. Amazing song by one of the first bands I heard of Metal in general, Killswitch Engage. From then on, my taste of rock-metal has just escalated from then, and from the looks of it, they're still going with the newest albums they have going. The one this song comes from, and another one which will come in this year. Stoked for that. This song truly shows why they're so good even to this day. Melodic. Catchy. Heavy. Meaningful.

If you're a fan of Metalcore at its finess, check them out. They're worth it.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
For Spak's I actually really liked that neo jazzy track, reminded me of the scores from Gran Turismo 1 &2 or MVC 2
8/10

For Giga's song I liked it as well, I don't normally listen to the new metal genres but it's got such great production and musicality.
7.5/10

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
6/10 Didn't mean very much to me, lot of skill involved though.
R.I.P Bloc Party new album is ****.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4.5/10.

The guitar sounds intriguing in the track. Strange but somewhat works-ish. The song itself was weird at times with how the mix of instruments played out as the track went on, but since there's a crowd for that kind of music, I won't push about it, much. Not my cup of tea, but it was fine excluding that.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. Not much to say about the song than it is the one that I'm listening to right now.

:bowser:.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - The vocal line sounds like something Hammerfall would put out, but is completely different stylistically. It's pretty good, but Rules of Nature is a better song.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - I never liked Nine Inch Nails a whole lot because a majority of their stuff seems repetitive (both musically and lyrically), but I've never disliked them either. There are a couple of tracks by them that I remember liking, but a majority of their discography is just meh.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6.5/10.

Intriguing rock song. Didn't expect to be that mellow until I clicked the video. It is alright. Not the best when it comes to 'melancholic' tunes, but it does the job. I appreciate the use of piano in songs like these.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. A song by this band I have posted about before on this thread a couple of times. Ravenface. Like I said, despite they're disbanded, they do still have their songs to enjoy. This one being in particular as it is in their last EP known as 'Beneath the Tides'. It is something else. Modern Metal goodness. Check it out if you liked this song, which this tune comes from.

:bowser:.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - It's not really my preferred genre of music, but the instrumentation choices were interesting. I liked how the song built on itself and it was pretty decent the first time, but there isn't anything that makes me want to listen to it again.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Such a groovy track for a fighting game. When I thought of Terry, my mind went to rock or something, but not this. Oh well, I'm surprised. It is a good track though. The instruments are really something else.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. One of the bands I'm listening to as of right now. This song being my favorite of this band. They're good. Alright mix of Rock and Metalcore. Recommended to fans of such genres.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh... Not exactly my cup of tea. Not awful, but probably not something I'd go further into. It's the same with quite a bit of metalcore. Either it clicks with me, or it doesn't.
Same with screamo. Sometimes it's done well, other times it's irritating. This admittedly is somewhere on the latter half of the spectrum for me.

7/10

You know, I've not been posing here much lately.

Allow me to fix that.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Was pleasent, but it felt like half a song and it felt cut short.

6/10

It did remind me of some Mononoke stuff though

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Nice orchestral song. Very nature-fantastic-esque vibes coming from this song. I remember hearing it in a trailer for a machinima and liked it ever since. Props to the performers as it is greatly done. Just by hearing it, you can picture yourself in a medieval-impossible world, and when songs manage to do that, and you know they're good.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. One that I have heard for awhile but seems like recently it has been used in AMV's to hell. Not that I'm surprised , because with a title like that, and with most of AMV's using these kinds of songs, well, what can I tell you...? But still, an alright song to hear.

:cool:

Top Bottom