• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Nice track. Like I said multiple times by now, XC X has an amazing sound track, and this rendition of it makes for such an interesting AND cool song. I am faliliaried with both of the performers in their respctive projects and to hear them into one is quite something. I liked the collaboration and it shows the quality of it when you hear the song. For that, I have to say I enjoyed it.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. This band is known as Our Waking Hour. With their melodious elements in their tracks, they're quite catchy yet memorable. With a mix of rock and 'ambient' I do have to say that has to be one, if not the, favorite way to implement rock that I personally appreciate. Another band that does that is RED, and well, that one is my absolute favorite band, so it goes to show how well of a job this band does to me. If you're a fan of RED, I-Exist, and/or liked this song, give them a chance.

:bowser:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10
I don't usually listen to rock...
But I can get behind this one :p

Another Pokemon Remix. Spak, go away :p

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
acoustic chill, I dig it

8/10

This song has always been a favorite from the FF catalog. It's basically the FF lullaby to me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - One of the more calming FF songs I've heard, but I feel like it's a song you have to hear in the context of the game for it to be anything special.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Interesting. While not as familiar with much of the bands other songs aside from 'Wayward Son' (which I'm not proud of the fact but at the same, is something, I guess...), I am alright with this track and it shows me that they have even more good songs beyond that one. And this, is an example. Liked it quite a bit.

With that said, I'll leave this track here. A cover of one of the best tracks in Melee IMO, the Trophy Tussle. This comes from HoH album which has been out for some time now, but it is still as enjoyable as ever. Recommened to Nintendo fans and of Smash. It is a great tribute album for anyone that likes its music, envisioned in another way.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
8/10

I don't have much to say, but I did enjoy it. :)

Yes, the song and the accompanying video is super cheesy, but I love it. This is sung by a Korean named Lee Young Hyun, one of my favorite artists.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4/10.

Not bad for what it was. I am not a fan of the genre or the song by itself, but it was okayish in some way. The way being of the music video. For moments I thought that this was about the movie 'Queen of the Damned' but that is just me, hehe. Anyway...

With that said, I'll leave this track here. If there's something that this band can do right, is their uplifting-willful-meaningful tunes that are a testament of who they are and can fit right to that state of mind when even in our darkest times, we can still persevere. And between many of those songs, there's this one. It has just that, and seemingly fitting for a good concert. I have to say, one of their best even in their newest album, 'Decade'. If you're a fan of rock and metal, check them out. They have around 4 albums out, and they're all great.

I recommend them. :cool:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
As I am deaf in both ears, it was quite difficult to follow along the lyrics even though it was on screen. From what I can hear through my hearing aids, the background music overpowered the vocals. This is quite common for rock and metal songs, isn't it? Despite me not being a fan of the genre, I do however, appreciate the overall message from the lyrics.

Anyway, the following video is a South Korean ballad (again lol. But hey, I love 'em!) duet titled "고해요" (Gohaeyo) which translates to "Confession". It is sung by a group of guys known as 4MEN featuring a female soloist Ben. The general message behind the lyrics is about one person's desire to confess to another, yet they can no longer be together because of reasons. In context, it works really well as a background music in the Korean Drama (the equivalent of American soap operas, but better quality and bigger budget like American television shows), Bad Guy.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5.5/10.

Ha. Interesting. Although I am not familiarized with music of Korea or any part from those regions for 'dramas' I was pleasantly surprised. It was nice to hear. The vocals, the instruments and the PIANO were nice. Not my cup of tea, but it was a change of pace I welcome gladly.

With that said, I'll leave this great song by KSE. Found in one of their recent albums 'Disarm the Descent', it is one of the best in the album. That chorus. That melody. That instrumental. Like some people said, 'It Slays', hehe. If you liked it, give them a chance if by some reason you're a fan of the genre and haven't heard of them. I recommend them a lot and I can't stress enough about it. And considering that they'll release another album this year, what better time than now. :cool:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
7/10

Besides the fact I'm not really a fan of black metal. This has quite a cool riff and neat mix. Though as with most of that genre, it has a little too stressfull drum sections.

OK WARNING This one is a little explicit. If it's too explicit for this site, tell me and I'll replace it. I'll put it in a spoiler tab just in case, though it's prolly not needed since it's a video and you need to play it to listen to it anyway :p

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10

Besides the fact I'm not really a fan of black metal. This has quite a cool riff and neat mix. Though as with most of that genre, it has a little too stressfull drum sections.

OK WARNING This one is a little explicit. If it's too explicit for this site, tell me and I'll replace it. I'll put it in a spoiler tab just in case, though it's prolly not needed since it's a video and you need to play it to listen to it anyway :p
Lol, I've seen this before. It's pretty hillarious, and kinda catchy.
8/10

Found a new album from one of my favorite artists. Man, I love electro-swing, or whatever this is. Pretty sure it's electro-swing.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5.5/10 - It's very happy and I was digging it for the first little bit, but then the vocalist came in. I like the vocalist, but I don't like the effect they put over her and the trumpet so that they sounds like they're from the 40's, while the piano and guitar still sound like they are from the modern era. I find the inconsistency of sound quality irksome and I really didn't like the unnatural sound of the digitally copied-and-pasted voice at 1:40. If someone feels so compelled to make it sound like the voice is from the 40's, they should at least make the editing on the voice sound like it was done using technology of the period.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
9/10
Really liked that one :p

I usually don't like rapping (Like, at all) but this piece isn't bad. And there's also an instrumental version of it, so if you don't dig the vocals, you can switch.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10 :p I liked it. You know what it reminds me of? I used to watch a lot of these "Giant Fighting Robot" cartoons with my dad when I was little (Mazinger Z, Voltes V , Grendizer, etc). Sounds like an intro theme from one of these shows, and I love it.

Pretty cool remix that I found. I like the weird "bubbly" instrument :p

Oh, Spak Spak . I know you didn't like the "modernized version", but I found the original if you're interested.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ignore this post while rating.
Oh, Spak Spak . I know you didn't like the "modernized version", but I found the original if you're interested.
Yup, I like the instrumental versions of that guy's songs and I like the original (I didn't know it was actually from the 40's, so the digital effects make more sense now that I know he didn't put a filter over it), but I guess I don't like the combination.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
A really memorable track from Undertale but not even on my top 10 for that game.....that just shows you how great the soundtrack is..

8.5/10

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
6.5/10
It wasn't bad, just not something that I'd listen to regularly.

I've just been listening to a bunch of jazzy stuff recently.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Nice remix. Very groovy and calming. That finger snapping is catchy enough to do it oneself, and the melody is good. Props to the maker of it.

With that said, I'll leave this song here. Not much to say other than I'm listening to it, right now.

;).

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
7/10
I liked this one too. Not usually the biggest fan of metal, but this ones pretty good.

7/10. Absolutely terrifying, yet somewhat hilarious xD EDIT: For the song 'Mouth' a few posts up.
Try this on for size!
So, ever since listening to this, I can't stop listening to this:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - The lyrics are even funnier if you know who Rasputin is in historical context.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10.

Amazing. Since hearing of this band many posts back in this thread by Spak, I have grown fond of them. They're good. They have quite a lot of great tracks, and this one can count on that. Props to them. Catchy, melodic and rock-ballad esque.

With that said, I'll leave this track here-

;).

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10
Love Fire Emblem. Music isn't bad either, this is probably one of my favorite pieces from the series.

The picture in the background gets me every time :p

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
8/10
Love Fire Emblem. Music isn't bad either, this is probably one of my favorite pieces from the series.

The picture in the background gets me every time :p
8.5/10 It's a neat little remix of an already great song. Not bad (is what I was thinking 2 minutes ago, but it's grown on me. I've actually raised the score twice now). And that is a pretty great background picture :D

This is one of my favorite remixes:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
6.5/10
It wasn't bad, just not something that I'd listen to regularly.

I've just been listening to a bunch of jazzy stuff recently.
8.5/10. Really cool remix. You're just full of D/P/P remixes, aren't you? I like it!

Edit: CRAP DOUBLE POST. Sorry about that. Funny webpage stuff. My first response didn't load.

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8.5/10 It's a neat little remix of an already great song. Not bad (is what I was thinking 2 minutes ago, but it's grown on me. I've actually raised the score twice now). And that is a pretty great background picture :D

This is one of my favorite remixes:
I like this one. Snazzy :p

You're just full of D/P/P remixes, aren't you? I like it!
I love me my Pokemon Remixes. Unfortunately, I've posted most of my favorites already. You're welcome to go back through the last 3 or so pages to find them...

Something a bit different.
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ftennysonmusic%2Fall-yours

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Intriguing. Sounds kind of 'Disney-esque' at times but the melody can get different at times from things like that. The instruments, and such was catchy in its own way. Not what I'd normally hear but it decent.

With that said, I'll leave this song here. Not going to lie, I first heard of her through Game Grumps, and I must say, I'm liking her music quite a bit since then. Her voice is just so peaceful. Apparently a cover from one that was in Lord of the Rings, and even so, it is so, peaceful. Of the type to close your eyes and relax.

D

Deleted member

It's been a long time since i've been here. what have you been up to Kaiju?
-------------------------------
Very beautiful 8/10

Literally the only video i could find of the full version

Last edited by a moderator:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Not much, not much, same all, same all. Going into topics at times, other times dealing with real life outside the forums, etc. But still some time for the boards as they're fun. :cool:

Glad to see you around, DarkMetaKnight. :)

With that said, unto the topic, and for the song, I'll give it a: 7/10.

Nice. While not as familiar with the Jojo craze, I'm aware of it. It's reach, its music, its characters and I must say that they're quite entertaining. Might give it a chance in due time as the style is very eye catching. And the song, fits that style. Catchy and melodius in the same vein of an anime of that idea with style.

And with that, I'll leave this song here by a band I've been missing on for quite awhile. Seether. While I'm not as a fan of them in comparison to what I have been into recently, they're still a great band to listen. Their rock-country-esque tracks are catchy and melodic. But with this one, it isn't that quite of those genres. This one goes for a more alternative-electronicy sound that is quite intriguing for both them and as part of the OST of this animated/CG movie based on the series, Dragon Age. I haven't seen the movie or go into the games of it, but from this track alone, it is something indeed. Figured to share it here even so as it is still Seether.

D

Deleted member

Ignore this post when rating
Nice. While not as familiar with the Jojo craze, I'm aware of it. It's reach, its music, its characters and I must say that they're quite entertaining. Might give it a chance in due time as the style is very eye catching. And the song, fits that style. Catchy and melodius in the same vein of an anime of that idea with style.
In case you do watch it i should mention that part 1 can be very underwhelming.
I really love part 2 but everything from the first two becomes irrelevant at part 3. which is probably the most popular part in the anime as of right now.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
And with that, I'll leave this song here by a band I've been missing on for quite awhile. Seether. While I'm not as a fan of them in comparison to what I have been into recently, they're still a great band to listen. Their rock-country-esque tracks are catchy and melodic. But with this one, it isn't that quite of those genres. This one goes for a more alternative-electronicy sound that is quite intriguing for both them and as part of the OST of this animated/CG movie based on the series, Dragon Age. I haven't seen the movie or go into the games of it, but from this track alone, it is something indeed. Figured to share it here even so as it is still Seether.

7/10
I like this one as well.
Liking all your songs recently :p

Loving this album recently. Kinda 80's ish.
Also, the video for this song is cute as hell.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5/10 - I've been programmed by years of my sister listening to vocaloids that subs are good and dubs are evil. Now that I finally hear an English vocaloid, it sounds almost exactly like Rin. The English is hard to understand at times because it sounds like Japanese syllables constructed with English words, and the combination doesn't mesh too well. Sorry about bashing your Pokemon remixes and a lot of your chosen vocalists, Smudges, but I don't enjoy them that much.

Anyways, I know I've been posting a lot of SNK stuff on here, but it's so good.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ignore this post when ratingIn case you do watch it i should mention that part 1 can be very underwhelming.
I really love part 2 but everything from the first two becomes irrelevant at part 3. which is probably the most popular part in the anime as of right now.
I sort of am aware of that. All of the attention the show is having with that particular 'part of the story' with Dio and such that I know of, is alamost everywhere. Seems like it is truly that good if people keep on quoting, referencing and 'SONO CHIDO SADAME JOOOOOOJO' everyday. I'm sure eventually I'll get to it, but glad to hear your opinion on it, dude. :)

7/10

Liking all your songs recently :p
Thank you, good sir. Recently I'm kind of mixing it up both on sharing on the topic and on RL with many genres and are 'tamer' unlike what I actually listen normally like Rock or heavier genres that I'm aware aren't as accepted as others, but even so like to see opinions on them for fun, but still, glad to see some attention on any way. :grin:

With that said, I'll get to the topic, and the song above me. Which I'll give: 7.5/10.

It reeks with goodie classic rock so much and I like it because of that. The instruments and jazzy beats it has throughout give it a distinct sound to it. While not familiar to the games themselves, I do have heard some parts of their OST's and they're nice. This one being part of it. Very good.

And with that, I'll leave this song here for the thread to keep going. One that I can't get out of my head for being 2GUD. While not a fan as huge as other people on the forums about it, I do appreciate parts of the series, MAINLY THE MUSIC of FE. This being an example that is recent due to the DLC of the game and I must say, I like it quite a bit. Props to the Smash Crew for making this remix into the series as it is quite energetic, melodic, majestic and catchy for a match or to hear at any time in general.

D

Deleted member

8/10 Really well done remix.

Now that you mention Dio i should post this

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
6.5/10 I can see how it would be good, but it's not for me.

Just a little something awesome.
I love electro swing. Been meaning to play A Hat in Time.
8/10

I've been programmed by years of my sister listening to vocaloids that subs are good and dubs are evil. Now that I finally hear an English vocaloid, it sounds almost exactly like Rin. The English is hard to understand at times because it sounds like Japanese syllables constructed with English words, and the combination doesn't mesh too well.
I don't know anything about vocaloid? :p

Sorry about bashing your Pokemon remixes and a lot of your chosen vocalists, Smudges, but I don't enjoy them that much.
Don't worry about it, it's your opinion.

That said, steer clear of this next one :p
Another 80's-ish vocaloid song.

Top Bottom