• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
8/10 - Usually with this kind of music, it has to be in a certain key for me to like it. Since I am a fan of synthpop/new wave, this is up my alley. Production is a bit conservative, though. Might consider downloading.

I am a huge Japanese music fan, so I'll post this. Not for everybody, though.

(Romaji: Toki Asako - Ranhansha Girl)

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
8/10. I liked it, but at times it felt generic. (For the lack of a better word.)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - It sounded like a Japanese-themed F-Zero song, so I liked it quite a lot. Minus one point for having the accursed triangle-inside-square wave effect that I don't like.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10.

Cool song. I've heard it on the radio many times by now, but that doesn't mean is not enjoyable. It is just 'expected' to hear these type of songs there. So, with that said, I'll say is not bad, but actually kind of enjoyable on the right mood or when you're on the road while driving. So, props for that.

And with that said, I'll leave this song here by a band I've been listening to on these days, and of a band I've previously done so: Storm the Sky.

Got to love the mix of clean and harsh vocals in it. Adds to the goodness of it all. And the lyrics, man, meaningful.
Recommended if you liked this song and want to give them a chance. As they have two EP's and a Full-Lenght Album. :cool:

:bowser:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - This is what the Wii U Menu should sound like. It was refreshingly happy, and while it's not something I would go out of my way to listen to it again, I enjoyed it for what it was.

This one's more rock ballad-esque than the other ones I've posted from Eclipse:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
8.0/10 - I like the vocals and the use of the electric guitar here, as it makes it relaxing if you listen to this song with headphones. Heard of ballads like this, but it's tasteful.

This'll be an interesting song to listen to...

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Intriguing track. Not the type of music I expected or that I'd listen normally. It was alright for what it was. The ambience of it, the instruments, and the voice of the vocalist made it enjoyable to sit back and take the tune. Overall, quite nice, actually.

With that said, I'll leave this song that I have listen lalety thanks to playing SM4SH quite a bit on the Umbra Tower Stage. Quite great if you count its many cool songs to enjoy while being inthe madness. :cool:

;).

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Intriguing track. Different to what I normally listen to on places like Soundcloud to find music, but it was worth it for what it was.

6/10.

With that said, I'll leave this song here. From a different era where this kind of music was everywhere, it helped wrestling for hype and overall great for the genre/the band itself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7.5/10

It has a couple odd transitions, although this may be considered normal for the genre. I like it, but I don't listen to it very much compared to most other genres I like. Overall, it's pretty good. I like it.

A couple of the songs I've posted here were introduced to me by one of my favorite shows on TV. This song is yet another one of those cases:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5.5/10.

Not going to lie. Did'nt expect this song to be of the genre it was. It looked quite Country-ish from the pic of the video and somehow, it is yet it isn't. It was alright. Not what I listen normally, but it was fine. Works as a good background nusicfor doing something, or like you said, as sort of OST for something. It fits.

With that said, I'll leave this track (or in this case, ALBUM if you read the title of the video...) in here for the topic. I must say; I normally don't do this as it can be A LOT to hear in-duration wise- so I decide against doing so. But since one of the tracks on i is on the video, and since the album is here in full, take your pick.

I advise to choose only the song I'm listening that starts at 13:39 as that one is the one that counts for the topic. But if you want to hear the whole video, then by all means. :)

I must say on the band though. It is a good one. With a mix of male screams, female vocals, Rock elements, Post-Hardcore tunes, and Pop tints; they have a quite catchy combination.
I recommend them. They have two albums, an EP, and MANY, MANY covers of mainstream songs that these type of bands do aside of their own. So, if you liked the song (or album if you decided for it...), give them a chance as I mentioned of this one band quite awhile back actually. You won't regret it if you do.

Last edited:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
6.75/10 - Meh, this song doesn't really appeal to me much. I'm not a big fan of screamo music, and this song sounds like I've heard it somewhere before (not that I have). I do love the female vocals though - I thought one of them sounded like Utada Hikaru, although Hikki's talking voice is much deeper.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Probably one of my least favorite Jamiroquai songs (the backing and intro vocals sound like a low rent drag show tune), but he's one of my favorite singers so it still jams.

7.5/10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.5/10 - Holy cow, that was a beautiful performance. There were a couple times she went a tad sharp on her vocals (which is a bit odd seeing as people typically sing flat,) but her musicianship and the emotions she conveys throughout the track are outstanding.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
4.5/10 - Primus always fall under two of the three following categories:
1) What am I listening to?
2) I love this song.
3) I don't like this song.

This specific one qualifies under categories 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
6.5/10
I like rock here and there,but I'm not sure if that song is my jam

D

Deleted member

6/10 It's okay, pretty calm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - Catchy at first, but the chorus gets kinda annoying after the first couple times the chorus plays.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - Smudges Smudges I found an electronic song that I actually enjoy! That's impressive.

Anyways, here's another underappriciated band that more people should know about:

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I don't know about the band but it sounds like all the other late 80s rock from that genre era like Motley Crue, Scorpion, or Ratt. Lead singer does have a very strong hair metal voice that reminds me of Iron Maiden, lyrics were kinda meh for me though.

7/10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - Clever concept to rap about the Mega Man bosses with their themes playing in the background, and it's very well executed. The only major complaints I have are the artistic liberties they took with the characters themselves (although that's understandable considering how flat classic Mega Man characters are) and the song sounded like it should have ended at 4:35-ish. The song pretty much stops at 4:35 and then they fade back in for 45 seconds only to fade back out, and they didn't actually add anything new to the backing track in that time.

Anyways, I just re-found this song after not hearing it for a couple of years:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
8/10
Not usually my thing, but I really liked it. Driving and catchy :p

Love me some saxophone.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
6/10 - Hmmm that was kind of weird for me Smudges. Don't know how to explain it but I had an uneasy feeling through the whole song, like 90% of the song the instruments didn't fit together with the backing, and there were like 5 genres of music trying to exist but not in a symbiotic way. Okay maybe it felt like the Full House opening song under the influence of a gallon of NyQuil (BTW I love sax too).

--------------------------------------

These days I'm constantly blown away by the sheer amount of amazing bands or artists I've never heard of, and they are making music that is far superior than what I hear on the radio. It's frustrating because it's very difficult to find the good stuff buried under all the other mediocre stuff we're oversaturate with...

Anyways, I love this cover of an already great song, maybe more than the original -

The climax of this version at 3:28 is soooooo good, her rasp and scream singing is gorgeous
The way she chose to sing that part at 1:53 in a strained mix of head and chest voice
The Aussie/British accent staying on certain words
The transition into one of my favorite Massive Attack songs at the end

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - I liked the vocalist a lot (although I still like Ashcroft's vocals slightly better), but I really didn't like the background instrumentation nearly as much as the original song. I miss the full orchestration (admittedly taken from The Rolling Stones) and thought the background track was fairly bland until 3:28, but why wait until the song is mostly over to actually start anything of significance? I understood that they were trying to keep the background simplistic so that you could focus on the song's words rather than being distracted by the instruments, but they simplified it a little bit too much. I think it's not as good as the original but it's still pretty good, so 7/10.

Not sure if I've posted this yet, but it's one of the best video game piano songs I've ever heard:

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
6.5/10

Not bad but it felt a bit typical and predictable, the lyrics felt diluted. Also the chorus was repeated like 5-6 times, which can be fine....but it wasn't something I personally wanted to hear 5-6 times in one song.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.75/10 - The backing track is slightly unsettling and very simplistic, which serves its purpose very well. The lyrics are very confusing, but there was a nice allusion to Bad Touch in the third to last line. The artists seem to be skilled at talking fast, but I can't really analyze much more about their rapping style than that lol. I tried to avoid rating this one because I don't like most new rap/hip-hop and thus can't give an informed analysis, but this thread has been dead for 10 days and it actually wasn't that bad once I started listening to it.

EDIT: Forgot to post a song. Whoops.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I always really loved the guitar riff and corresponding effect more than the song it self, still deserves an 8/10

I've been chilling out to this one a LOT recently, really hope my neighbors have been enjoying it as well :D
Smudges Smudges you'd dig this I think, if you haven't heard it already.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I always really loved the guitar riff and corresponding effect more than the song it self, still deserves an 8/10

I've been chilling out to this one a LOT recently, really hope my neighbors have been enjoying it as well :D
Smudges Smudges you'd dig this I think, if you haven't heard it already.

Yes, I did like it. Very much :p

I've been listening to a chiptune remix of this song for a while now, but recently listened to the original. I love it.

Top Bottom